Travel/hotel other life stuff..

Hi Adam, the game looks great from what i've read so far, sorry if this has been covered already. Would the player be responsible for booking own travel and hotel and would they have effect on stats? For example top class hotel and direct flight would make character in better condition to perform, less tired than having to drive 500 miles and sleep in poor accomodation. A wider quetion perhaps is are there going to be details of a characters life involved? Such as general attitude where certain descisions will reflect upon the game, regarding maybe attitude to other workers, fans ect?

The player doesn't directly book travel and hotels (primarily because I wanted to keep this as a fun game rather than a detailed simulator, and making bookings struck me as something that would probably get to be a pain really quickly - just like reality :p ), but it is covered. Basically, you have a Lifestyle level. This ranges from "Paying Your Dues" (which is where you're taking the cheapest rooms possible, living off the cheapest foods you can possibly get, etc) to "Champagne And Caviar" (where you are only eat in the best restaurants, only where the best clothes, only travel in first class, etc). There are 6 levels of lifestyle, and each costs you a different amount per month. As your character gets older and more successful, he will want a better lifestyle, and if you don't provide it, his morale will start to fall. So, it becomes part of the challenge - to keep yourself making enough money to be able to afford the lifestyle that your character wants. There are several factors of a player's "off screen" life taken into account. The first is that you can talk to other workers backstage, and the way you deal with them has an impact on the game. So if you deal with them with respect and good humour, you're more likely to find them helping you in your career, whereas if you go around acting like a prima donna, you're more likely to end up having people try and "hold you down", or worse, beat you up backstage. The second is that you can do shoot interviews with magazines, etc, and again these would affect relationships that you have. Another is that you have outside interests. So you might choose to spend some of your money on purchasing a gym, and that would become an extra stream of revenue for you, which is always handy. In all of these, there's no "set" value to show your attitude (i.e. you don't click a button that says "i'm going to act like a nice person"). Each situation is handled individually, so you could treat different people in different ways if you wanted to. I hope that answers your question.

Archived