New Generated Workers : stats not improving

I've set my frequency of New Worker Generation to Medium and occasionally sign a new worker for my local fed. With other workers I frequently get reports that they are improving in a certain skill area. This has not happened once with my newly generated workers. Is this a coincidence, or does it have something to do with the starting stats they start with?

perhaps its bad booking :D only kidding! Just because the road agent hasn't reported they are improving does not mean that they are not making small improvements. If you want to see if they are, go into the editor and note some of the workers stats, then go back and check them again after 3 or 4 match's to see if they have changed.

Yeah, generally speaking, many (if not most) workers improve on EVERY appearance. I track mine pretty fanatically (via Excel spreadsheets) and I can tell you that 0.1-0.3 improvements are common, but you need more than that to generate a road agent note (i.e. it has to be an OBVIOUS improvement and 0.1-0.3 isn't really). The exception is if a worker improves enough to cross a grade threshold (like, if the worker was at 28.9 and imrproved by 0.2 to 29.1, that would be crossing a grade threshold/going up a grade so you'd probably get a RA note on it). Think about it. If you got a road agent note every time a worker improved even 0.1%, wouldn't that pretty much clog up the output box (especially with larger matches like battle royals)? And it doesn't have to adhere to your 'common sense'. I've had two spot monkeys in a House of Fun match get minute increases in Puroresu Style and Hardcore ("Spot Monkey 1 has improved in Rumble skills" if a note had been generated). If you're looking for full grade increases, I think you'll be disappointed. At local level, I don't think you're putting on 3-5 shows a week so your workers' workrate isn't going to be that high. If you're running 1 show a month, it's going to take time (perhaps even years if your workers only work for you) before you see grade jumps. But it's happening behind the scenes.

Here's what actually caused the question: I'm running a weekly show and have just signed a generated worker who is basically cr*p at everything except some basics. I've also got plenty of young workers in. I put the newly created Mr. Craptacular in pre-show segments against workers with good performance, hoping he will improve at something. After about 10 matches: no road agent notes telling me of any improvement, while the other workers tend to improve frequently (lets say, once every 5 matches or so)... I'll check out the stats, perhaps he just started out with all substats being at 0% or something.

Do stats ever rise .5 or more per match? I notice some of my workers went up a whole grade after 2 years of use. But the few times I check, it only increases with .2-.3 like Remi says, even against way better workers in the area in question. They can't possibly have risen a full grade by those marginal increases, can they?

[QUOTE=FINisher;216598]In one of my games, the generated announcers stats DROPPED. Guess it's a bug of somesort, but I changed announcer, so I didn't care about it :P[/QUOTE] Hmm thats interesting, in my game Jennifer Hudson's (new worker - announcer) stats have steadily and quickly decreased. Obviously I'm dropping her but I thought it was strange.

[QUOTE=VBigB;216628]Hmm thats interesting, in my game Jennifer Hudson's (new worker - announcer) stats have steadily and quickly decreased. Obviously I'm dropping her but I thought it was strange.[/QUOTE] If you are looking at the stat tracking page, make sure you are reading it the right way. Latest stats are on the left, oldest are on the right. You'll likely find that she's steadily and quickly increased. As for new workers not improving, I can honestly say thats point blank wrong. As a player who constantly tries to develop talents I've taken a lot of newcomers and watched them improve over time. Whether they be from the "new workers" section or randomly generated, there have been no problems with this in any patch. I can't even come up with a logical reason for how it would happen, as once workers are in the game they are all treated EXACTLY the same. Derek B

i must admit to not paying that much atention to stat changes, but does it not stand to reason that stats can decrease as well as increase? take Ric Flair for an example, would you give him the same stats now that a 1988 Ric Flair would have? People's skills can deteriorate through age and injury and indeed laziness - not sure if thats how the game mechanics work though, but if it does take that stuff into account then quite frankly i think its a good thing.

[QUOTE=derek_b;216644]If you are looking at the stat tracking page, make sure you are reading it the right way. Latest stats are on the left, oldest are on the right. You'll likely find that she's steadily and quickly increased. As for new workers not improving, I can honestly say thats point blank wrong. As a player who constantly tries to develop talents I've taken a lot of newcomers and watched them improve over time. Whether they be from the "new workers" section or randomly generated, there have been no problems with this in any patch. I can't even come up with a logical reason for how it would happen, as once workers are in the game they are all treated EXACTLY the same. Derek B[/QUOTE] Yeah I thought of that already. I will double check when I'm home at lunch but I am fairly sure I am reading it correctly. [QUOTE]i must admit to not paying that much atention to stat changes, but does it not stand to reason that stats can decrease as well as increase? take Ric Flair for an example, would you give him the same stats now that a 1988 Ric Flair would have? People's skills can deteriorate through age and injury and indeed laziness - not sure if thats how the game mechanics work though, but if it does take that stuff into account then quite frankly i think its a good thing. Today 07:23 AM [/QUOTE] Yeah thought of that as well. I moved her from the announcing chair to the color commentary to see if I could get her mic and carisma back up (haven't really had time to test it). Obviously I was getting the "anouncing quality did not live up to the quality of the match" so I thought that might have something to do with it.

[QUOTE=panix04;216645]i must admit to not paying that much atention to stat changes, but does it not stand to reason that stats can decrease as well as increase? take Ric Flair for an example, would you give him the same stats now that a 1988 Ric Flair would have? People's skills can deteriorate through age and injury and indeed laziness - not sure if thats how the game mechanics work though, but if it does take that stuff into account then quite frankly i think its a good thing.[/QUOTE] Yeah, workers get worse over time, usually their skills start to fade with age slowly or from not working matches but they can also take big hits from drug overdoses too (and probably from other things). Actually, I once saw Axxis Jr's acting skills suffer when he went off to do a movie. Dropped his acting from an A to a B but at least his overness was jacked up to A*. :) As for the "anouncing quality did not live up to the quality of the match" note, that pops up when the announcing skills aren't as good as the in-ring quality of the match (ie: not factoring in overness at all). At least, that's what I've been able to tell from the way my matches go. Matches with the same overall rating sometimes get the note, sometimes don't. But when it's between USPW main eventers (ie; rubbish but over people by default) I don't get the note but when its between midcarders (ie; talented but not over, my signings) I do get the note. Derek B

i've found, that as long as they're being used, they are improving. Commonly, the better the opponent the better they improve, for example, people going against Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit for example were improving dramatically in the Technical areas, whereas if they faced off against a regen announcer for example, they hardly improved, on a side note, i've found that my developmental talent seem to imrpove amazingly fast, one of my friends is in development, started at D in everything barring basics (B- to avoid the potential hiring block) and now, 15 months later, he's primarily B's (B-/B/B+) has a few A's and even has an A* i believe. Admittedly (sp) thats from 5 shows a week every week barring when he's injured.

[QUOTE=derek_b;216644]As for new workers not improving, I can honestly say thats point blank wrong. As a player who constantly tries to develop talents I've taken a lot of newcomers and watched them improve over time. Whether they be from the "new workers" section or randomly generated, there have been no problems with this in any patch. I can't even come up with a logical reason for how it would happen, as once workers are in the game they are all treated EXACTLY the same. Derek B[/QUOTE] Case in point: Stacy Strong, an announcer randomly generated in March of 2008 and signed by me in June of 2008. I'm her only employer and upon signing her, her stats were: Microphone - 35.4 Charisma - 9.9 Acting - 24.2 Announcing - 35.5 She was hired to be my backstage interviewer and after one show in which she appeared in 6 segments, her stats are now: Microphone - 40.1 Charisma - 13.5 Acting - 29.8 Announcing - 35.5 Next, I'll put her in the first chair for dark matches but as you can see, she improved just a little after working ONE show.

Yep I play feds on rock hard so I pretty much just use cheap workers that I try to improve and then cycle them out of the promotion when they demand too much money (at least until I can afford them again). Like I said this is the first case I've had of a worker dropping drastically in stats. Now I only do 1 show per month but that hasn't really mattered with anyone else. Anyway pictures speak more than words. I haven't been looking at skills in the editor yet. [IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/VBigB/skills2.jpg[/IMG] Obviously there could be a good reason, which is I'm I'm not calling it a bug...yet.

Drug Overdoses are the worst. It Hit Acid while I was DAVE and I thought because it's Acid, I'll not fire him and wait till he returns. He returned with no grade above a C and his flying ability was D. So I fired him, he could no longer put on good matches and I wasn't building him back up while I was at war with USPW and SWF.

Archived