The Story of a Foreigner

[b]The Story of a Foreigner[/b] [b]May 13, 2005[/b] [i]Another day at work, another show to air.[/i] That's what I thought when I first stepped into the arena for tonight's Supreme Assualt TV. After saying hello to some of the staff members backstage, I made my way to the locker room to get changed, which was extremely quickly. A couple of minutes later I was at Eric Eisen's office ready to start the booking meeting. As I opened the door I realized I was late as everyone gave me a strange look. I nodded and took an open seat. Eric and Richard looked at me and then each other. Eric got up and came over to me, and in front of everyone at the meeting he said any wrestler's most feared words, "Your Fired". At first I laughed and said "What?" and he repeated himself. I looked at Richard who just nodded. I stood up, looking Eric in his eyes and just smiled. "Well I hear TCW is looking for a new worker to jump ship, Eric and Rich. Let's hope you two change your mind before they do." I kicked the chair over and headed out of the room. Heading to the locker room, I grabbed my gear and headed out of the building. My next stop: The closest bar I could find... [b]May 14. 2005[/b] [i]Ring... Ring... Ring...[/i] Ugh... An alarm... I reached over and hit my alarm but the ringing continued. [i]Ring... Ring... Ring..[/i] I looked at my alarm and saw that it was 4:32. AM I believe as I noticed the room was quite dark. I grabbed around for my phone and picked it up. On the other side I heard quite the accent, "Hello?" The voice said, nervously. "Lo." I replied. "Ah good... You are awake Mister Bowen... Please hold." Suddenly I heard that damn elevator music... Which kind of business uses a telemarketing call this early in the morning... I began to hang up when I heard another "Hello, Mr. Bowen" I rose the phone back to my ear. "Listen sir, I am not interested." I went again to hang it up when I heard the man say something, which sounded like "Please Mister Bowen, this is not a telemarketing call." Once again, I lifted the phone back up. "Then who the hell is this and why in God's name are you calling me at...4:30 in the goddamn morning?" "You must forgive me sir" the man replied. "You see I am Koji Kojima of World Level Wrestling. We heard that you were released from your contract last night?" "Who told you this?" "The internet. Anyways, seeing as the odds of TCW signing you are slim-to-none, how would you like to come work for us?" I laughed into the headset and hung up. I knew in a couple of hours, Tommy would be calling me asking me to work next Friday's show. How wrong I was.. [b]May 27, 2005[/b] I was going crazy at home.. It's been just over two weeks since I've been in a match... Hell I've had to go back to Rip Chord's gym just to get the feeling out of me and I didn't even get paid... Some trainer he is... I sat watching SWF's Supreme Assualt TV. On it Jack Bruce was mocking my Runaway Train character, with some overweight old guy. That's when my phone rang. It was Kojima again. "Hello?" I heard Kojima's voice say. "So you were right Kojima... Neither of them offered me a contract, but I'm willing to work for you. All I want is a main event slot and your main title." "That's reasonable. Your size and your current popularity here in Japan is a sucess so that's no problem." "Good... Now when should I be out there?" "Check your mail in a couple of days Mr. Bowen and we will have your tickets for you plane ride. So begin packing." I hung up the phone and turned off Supreme Assualt TV. I'd rather die then watch that crap... It's amazing I used to work for them. [b]Rules[/b] - Must work for Japanese promotions, only, for one full game year. - Cannot sign a written contracts for two full game years. - Cannot sign with Supreme Wrestling Federation under any circumstances. - Must be signed with WLW for one full year. - Can only talk to two people backstage. - Once the full year past, can only sign with promotions in which someone with a positive relationship works in unless a contract is offered. [b]Modifications[/b] - Edited Runaway Train to Barry Bowen. - Changed his contracts from SWF Written to WLW Verbal. - Made two hatred relationships with Eric and Richard Eisen.

[i]D. Boon is such a postwhore :P Thanks though.[/i] [quote][b]More news about Barry Bowen/Runaway Train[/b] [u]Reported by GrappleFanatics.net[/u] June 1, 2005, Tokyo - Koji Kojima and Haru Kurofuji were talking to the Japanese press today about the signing of one of the biggest men in wrestling and it would surprise the wrestling world of the current signing. A former SWF World Heavyweight Champion and making his first appearance in Japan, ever, Barry Bowen. Bowen came out and, according to the press, said it was an honour to be with a promotion like WLW and how wrestling in Japan was the greatest thing that could happen to any wrestler. Bowen of course had a translator with him. It seems they're dropping anything to do with Trains and just using Barry Bowen as his name. More news as we get it.[/quote] I stared at the laptop for a bit and then looked at my translator, who's name was Yoshi Saito. "What the hell is this?" I asked him. He looked confused so I handed him the laptop. He read it. "What do you mean?" he asked me. "This stuff I supposedly said. I [i]never[/i] said it was an honour to wrestle in Japan. I was playing up to a heel character and you went and ruined it!" "Well what you said Mr. Bowen was disrespectful comments about the country. We do want you to be heel but we don't want you to be killed." "You've got to be kidding me.. So you destroy my heel attitude to make it sound like I like this piece of crap country?" "Mister Bowen, some of these people do speak English and if you don't watch your tone, they might get angry with you." "Do you think I care Yoshi? From now on, you need to translate what I say into Japanese exactly how I say it. None of this bull. If I sound like a dick, that's because I am." "But sir, your life is at risk here in Japan. Some of these fans take thi-" "Have you ever wrestled in Philadelphia? Or New York? How about L.A or Montreal? Quebec City? No. As far as I'm concerned, those are REAL wrestling cities. Japan is a joke. The second I get a contract out of country, I'm out of here." "I'm afraid that's impossible Mister Bowen." "What?" "Did you read your contract you signed with Mister Kojima?" "Yes." "Well then, you know that you signed a no-travel policy which basically states that you cannot wrestled outside of the great country of Japan for one year, meaning on June 1 of 2006, you can go back and wrestle in the States." "You've got to be joking..." "I am not.. Ah, right here taxi." The taxi pulled over and I grabbed my laptop. I headed out of the car and into the building, leaving Yoshi to carry my bags. This next year was going to be hell. I'm an American dammit, not some 2 foot Jap.... I sighed and headed to the reception desk. Instead of asking for my key, I asked where the bar in the hotel was located. The receptionist pointed me to the direction and away I went.

[b]June 2, 2005[/b] I woke up to what sounded like a man's voice. "Get up Mr. Bowen... Get up." I shot straight up and saw Yoshi standing over me. "Jeez... What do you want Yoshi and where the hell am I?" "In your apartment sir. You passed out in the bar and we had to get some of the other wrestlers to carry you up." "This is my apartment? Jesus Christ, I feel like I'm in a sardine box." "Ha, very fun sir. I just thought I'd tell you this Thursday is your debut for WLW." "Yeah?" "Yessir. And as your personal assistant, I will pick you up at about 1 PM so you can participate in the rituals of the Japanese locker room." "Pfft... What time's the show Yoshi?" "6 PM." "Pick me up at 5 o'clock." "But Mister Kojima requires everyone be there at 1 so they can take part in the Japanese rituals." "Guess what Yoshi... I am American. I don't care about some damn rituals. If the boss wants me there at one, tell him to call me and I will come. If not, then Don't expect this train until 5. Now go do what I told you, and call before you come next time." "Yessir." Yoshi left, I looked around and I went back to sleep... Pleasant dreams...

[b]Thursday, Week 1, June 2005[/b] I rolled onto my back and looked at my dangling feet. I looked around at the various objects around the room... All so hazed... Why did I wake up for? *BANG* *BANG* I bolted up and looked around. I heard voices this time. "Mister Bowen?" It was Yoshi... Was it 5 already? "What?" "It is 1 o'clock Mister Bowen. Are you ready to go to the arena?" "Erm... I just woke up Yoshi and it's only 1... Give me 4 hours." "But sir, we must head to the are-" "No we don't. We have another four hours. Listen Yoshi, get me some Jack Daniels and come back in an hour." "Sir. Come now or Mister Kojima will get awfully mad." "Get in here Yoshi." The hotel room door opens and in steps Yoshi. I look at him, half of me awake, the other half recovering from a hangover. I motioned for Yoshi to sit on some chair as I pulled the covers off. "So Yoshi, Kojima strict?" "Yes sir. After wrestling in most of the Japanese promotions and getting taught the ways of the ancient sam-" "So I could get fired and get sent back to the States if I show up late... or even not show up?" "Nope but you will get fined severely." "Interesting. Bah... Hand me my bag Yoshi, and go outside and get the car started up." Yoshi nods and hands me my back and then heads out of the room. I stand up and feel the headache get worse. I had just hit my head on these small ceilings. I really need to get a bigger room... --[b]At the Arena[/b]-- After I took a quick shower and got dressed, we made our way to the show... On the way I told Yoshi to go to the Alcohol store and he did. After picking up some Jack Daniels, we headed to the arena. Nothing like a Jack Daniels first thing in the afternoon, eh? It was about 1:40ish when we arrived at the arena and Yoshi seemed extremely nervous as we entered the building. After checking in with security, Kojima was standing at the entrance. I pointed at him and smiled. "How ya doing Koji?" Yoshi begins to speak in japanese but Kojima holds up his hand. "Listen up Mister Bowen, this is the first time you've been la-" "By what... 3 minutes?" "43 minutes is more like it. Didn't Yoshi tell you 13 on the dot?" "Yeah for Japanese rituals? Well I'm American and I don't do that stuff." "I see. Yoshi, bring him to the locker room. Mister Bowen, come late next week and you will be fined 1 million yens." "That's about 10 thousand dollars sir" said Yoshi. "Pfft. I wipe m-" "You did Mister Bowen. If we decide to put you in the show, you will be paid 65 thousand yens." I look over to Yoshi. Yoshi replied to my look by saying "600 american dollars sir." "You're joking" I said to Koji. "No I'm not." Koji said. "But I did promise you a title shot and you'll be getting. It could be tonight, it could be in one year but you'll get it." I rubbed my forehead as Kojima headed down a hallway. "Yoshi, bring me to my locker room." "Yours Mister Bowen?" "Yes Yoshi. Mine. The one I'm supposed to be in." "You say it like it's personal." "What do you mean...No. You mean I have to share a locker room with some Japs?" "Of course sir... Oh, and here." Out of his back pocket, Yoshi pulled out a pair of sandles. "Put these on. They don't like people wearing shoes or boots in the locker room." "Or I'll get fined? Meh." I grab the sandles and sit on one of the benches outside of the locker room. I take my shoes off and put on the sandles. Yoshi does the same and we head into the locker room. There was about 7 other wrestlers in the locker room. I grab one of the benches and start changing when some idiot with a monkey mask comes near me. Yoshi bows to him and Monkey returns the bow and then he stretches his hand out to me. I look at it and laugh. "You're joking right kid? You want to shake greatness' hand?" I take a swig from the Jack Daniels and he stares at me. "That's too bad because I don't feel like touching a fool like you. Do you wrestle in that or did you use superglue on halloween?" I laugh again as Yoshi talks. "Mister Bowen, this is one of our hottest American wrestlers, Hell Monkey." "Yeah? Well that's too bad kid that I came. I'm about to prove why the Train is on the rails and nothing will stop it." "And that's why you got failed from SWF right?" Hell Monkey and a couple of other guys laugh. "Pfft. Everyone heard it wrong, I quit. I told the Eiesens that I wanted to leave." A few more of the guys laugh as I begin to take off my shirt. After a trip to the ring to see how they built it and a little bumping with some jobber I head back to the ring. That's when Koji came up to me again. "Hey tough guy, no match for you tonight. Don't show up late next time and we might give it some thought." I look at Kojima and then I tell Yoshi to grab my gear. I head out of the room and start to head out of the arena. I head out to the car and start it up. Then that crappy Japanese pop music begins to play. I cringe and attempt to the channel as fast I can. Finally, frustrated, I turn off the radio. There's another thing I can add to the crap list: their music.

Archived