NYCW : The Revolution

[b][i]Somewhere in New Jersey by the end of Decembre 2006[/i][/b] [So we were all sitting near the Christmas Tree at my grandmother house like every year. Decembre is such a great family time as we can see some people we haven’t see in months ‘cause of the distance. Our discussion was very casual, many jokes were flying around the room, when my uncle, you may know him as The Stomper, a professionnel wrestler, surprised me with a blunt question…] [COLOR="Darkred"]The Stomper : Derek, son, I’ve seen you at my shows for as long as I can remember. How did you like our run this year ? We lifted Weston’s roof a couple times isn’t it ?[/color] [COLOR="Navy"]Derek Lynch : Well.. I guess we can say that you did that, yeah. Much like every other year…[/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : What’s wrong kid ? You said that like it’s bad thing.[/color] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : It’s..it’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I think you could do better.[/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : What do you mean ? [/color] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : I’ve been to your shows since my parents allowed me to and I kinda see a pattern. The same pattern every show, every year and…[/color] [Our conversation was interrupted by another of my uncles, Rick, who forced the family into singing some Christmas carrolls. For a split second, I saw a concern on my uncle face, but it quickly vanished.] [b][i]A few days later in the Stomper’s office, aka his basement[/i][/b] [My uncle called me earlier today, he wanted me to come to his house to finish our Christmas discussion. I’m worried a bit. I don’t want to hurt my uncle’s feeling nor do I want him berating me for saying such profanity about his NYCW…] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : You wanted to talk to me ? [/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : Yeah. About this pattern you see in our show… What do you think is wrong with my shows ?[/color] [COLOR="navy"]Derek (after taking a deep breath) : It’s not all wrong. It’s just… just.. well it could be better. [/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : What do you mean ? We’re making some decent money, Weston’s full each month, people have a great time. [/color] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : I know that, but you never realize that’s the same people or so that are there each month ?[/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : That’s called having a core audience, son. [/color] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : You’ve been running shows for years now, those people will move on at one point or another. Health conditions, money, retirement, you might lose quite a bunch of your old school fans down the road.[/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : I’m not buying that, but let’s say I do for the sake of our conversation. What do you suggest ?[/color] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : You need to turn the things around a bit. Not that much, the classic battle between the good and evil is sure to be a good money maker. But maybe you need to try some things different to bring new people at your shows and make your company grow. [/color] [Seeing an opportunity there, I didnt let my uncle add a word there.] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : You’re not the SWF, not that you want to be like that anyway, but I think small companies like the NYCW or Rip Chord’s MAW are important. Young wrestlers need a place to go to learn their tricks.[/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : I agree with that, but where do our infamous pattern fit in ?[/color] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : Well, maybe, if you bring some young wrestlers in, some new people will show to your shows. You could increase your audience and expand a bit the NYCW. Not to be huge like SWF, but just a bit bigger to really be a springboard into a big company, whetever it’s SWF, TCW, DAVE, USPW or even in Japan. It’s about giving exposure to young talented wrestler.[/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : Son, you’re talking big. We’re like a family in my company, you can’t just put our effort in the trash can like you just did. [/color] [Dammit ! I might have crossed a line there…] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : Don’t get me wrong, you have a great bunch of veterans. Young guns could learn a lot from guys like Steve Flash, Phunk or Black Hat. How do Bailey called that again….. ? Giving them a rub, that’s it ? (Stomper nods.) Done the right way, it could benefit the veterans as much as the younger guys. [/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : I think you heard some strange things during your last travel, your judgement seems quite off to me. [/color] [I’m a road junior salesman for car parts company, hence the reference to my travels.] [COLOR="navy"]Derek : I heard a few things, but I also saw a few things. You know I’m big fan of wrestling, I always stop by local tiny company to watch their shows. Maybe you could use one or two tricks I saw, it’s..[/color] [COLOR="darkred"]The Stomper : That’s it, son. I don’t agree with your analysis, so let’s just stop the argument here. [/color] [Quickly, my uncle switched the conversation to our last family reunion. Well, at least, he didn’t kicked me out his basement… I mean out of his office.]

[b][i]A few days later at the local gym[/i][/b] [Training is good for you body and mind, you know it. With all the travelling I must do each year, I have to train regularly. You don’t stay healthy very much long by sitting in your car and eating fast-food.] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : There you are Derek, I knew I would find you here.[/color] [As I’m putting my weights down, my uncle simply goes on…] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : You think you can be in New York every now and then in the next fe moments ?[/color] [COLOR="Navy"]Derek : I can try. There’s not many advantages in my job, but I can somewhat control my schedule. Why do you ask ?[/color] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : You’re gonna need to be more often. You remember what you said about my NYCW a few days ago ?[/color] [Of course I do ! I wasn’t sure he would talk to me for a few weeks…] [COLOR="Navy"]Derek : I hope you were not offended by what I said, I…[/color] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : I didn’t. I talked about this with Bailey and, you know, we’re both just two old guys who likes to teach some youngters a lesson or two… I’ve got a proposal for you. [/color] [COLOR="Navy"]Derek : Go ahead.[/color] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : We’re so confident that you are totally wrong about our NYCW that we’re willing to give you a chance to turn things around like you said. As you fail, it will just prove our point. [/color] [COLOR="Navy"]Derek : That’s one way to see it…[/color] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : Come on, son ! Cheer up ! You’re going to be in charge ![/color] [My uncle gave me a back slap so hard that it almost knocked me off my shoes !] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : Of course, you won’t be running the boat all alone. Bailey and I are going to supervise you. We’ll give you some time to do things your way, just long enough for you to beg us to take back the company on the right track.[/color] [COLOR="Navy"]Derek : …sigh… You’re so positive ! What if I succeed ? [/color] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : Don’t worry about that it won’t happen. Beware though, if we lose money, the experiment will be over rather quickly. If we lose popularity, it’s over. [/color] [COLOR="Navy"]Derek : Fair enough. I met a few people on the road, do I have to power to bring them in New York ?[/color] [COLOR="DarkRed"]The Stomper : If they don’t ask for tons of money, sure. I don’t know want to see any drug user or untrained wrestler around though. So do, we have a deal ?[/color] [I shooked my uncle hand to seal the deal. And that’s how I became booker of the NYCW. I’m still not sure it’s a good career move, only time will tell us.] -------- [b]OCC :[/b] Time to talk a bit about my diary and myself I guess. I’ve written a couple of diaries in the past, mainly on a dead french board. (Yes, I’m a frenchie, so please don’t mind my syntax errors here and there.) I’ll have a bit of free time in the next months so I figured I should get writting again. NYCW may not be the most prestigious promotion, but I saw a good story to tell and that’s all that matters. Well, I think it’s a good story…hehe My character, Derek Lynch, is a pretty average guy. No popularity at all, some decent mic skills and a bit of refereering skills just to make sure I can be used in lesser areas as a cheap worker. The first show should be up tonight or early tomorrow with a couple of news. I’ll try to watch the world unfolded and give you some feedbacks regularly.

Rush Hour preview [quote][SIZE="5"]Next Saturday, New York City Wrestling presents... Rush Hour ! [/size] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]NYCW Empire Title[/b] : Grandmaster Phunk (ch) vs Whistler[/font] [i]The ****y champ, Grandmaster Phunk, will be there as the American Made, Whistler challenge him and try to bring back the belt in good hands[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]American Machine vs Blackhat Bailey[/FONT] [i]A classic confrontation between two top NYCW stars. Who will prevail ?[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Rick Sanders vs Barry Kingman[/FONT] [i]A new comer, the veteran Barry Kingman, will try to make a good impression by taking on Rick Sanders. Come to see what Kingman has in his guts![/i] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]NYCW Tag Team Titles :[/b] Wiley Coyote (ch) vs Land Mass & The Masked Mauler[/FONT] [i]The tag team champs will also be in action as they're scheduled to take on the big menacing duo of Land Mass and Masked Mauler. Can this new duo take the belts on their first match together ?[/i] [b]Also scheduled to appear : [/b] Tri-State Regional Champion, Steve Flash Primal Rage, another new comer Sammy The Shark New York City Doll [/quote] ...

I actually had a lot of fun with it and took my game out over 5 years. Only lost interest because it was still having issues with the momentum and didn't have some of the extra workers as it was started way back in 1.1 patch days and I could never get anyones momentum above an E+.

NYCW Rush Hour - January 2007 [center][IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/nycw.jpg[/IMG] [size=3]New York City Wrestling presents...[/size] [size=7]Rush Hour[/size] Saturday Week 3, January 2007 Live from the Weston Gymnasium, New York, in front of 300 people[/center] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/newyorkdoll.jpg[/IMG] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sammy.jpg[/img] [u]The New York City Doll vs Sammy The Shark[/u] Right after a quick welcome from Rock Downpour and Herb Stately, we go straight to the action as The New York Doll tries to work as a face in this contest. People are not buying it, even though Sammy's trying hard on the other hand. After 6 minutes of back and forth offensive, Sammy finaly pins The Doll while using the rope for leverage. Winner : [b]Sammy The Shark[/b] in 6:27. [i]Rating = E[/i] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/jimsmith2.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/primalrage.jpg[/img] [u]Jim Smith vs Primal Rage[/u] Who is Jim Smith ? A rookie from Vermont. A rough brawler, weak technician, but it looks like he can connect with the crowd. He's no match against a veteran like Primal Rage who's on top of his game tonight. Smith can't get much offense in this one and Rage quickly dispatchs him the Wake Up Call. Winner : [b]Primal Rage[/b] in 6:52. [i]Rating = E+, not too bad considering these two didnt click[/i] [After the match, Primal Rage throws Smith outside of the ring and ask for a microphone.] [color="navy"]Primal Rage : You better like what you just witnessed folks, 'cause you're gonna get more and more of that in the next months. I've wrestled on the West Coast in the last few years, I gave the punks out there a lesson about pain and suffering until they begged me to stop... which I didn't ! Now it's time for the East Coast to feel the pain, the suffering, the rage... A primal rage you will not bear ![/color] [The crowd is not sure how to respond to that as Primal Rage goes back to the locker room.] [i]Rating = E[/i] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coyote.jpg[/img][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/wiley.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/landmass.jpg[/img][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/maskedmauler.jpg[/img] [u][b]NYCW Tag Team Titles[/b] : Wiley Coyote (ch) vs Land Mass & The Masked Mauler[/u] This is isn't a pretty match, much more like a chaotic brawl, but our crowd seems to like it. The new team of Land Mass and Masked Mauler do a decent job of working together, but it's nothing like Wiley Coyote. Our champs know exactly what their partner will do and when he will do, it's pretty confusing for the challengers. Steinway and Dynamite team to deliver a double Spinebuster to Land Mass that completly take him out to retain their titles. After the match, the champs celebrate their succesful title defense with the crowd. Winners and still champions : [b]Wiley Coyote[/b] in 8:52. [i]Rating = E+ for the match, E for the celebration[/i] [Here comes the NYCW Tri-State Regional champion, Steve Flash. After acknowledging the warm reception from the crowd, he takes the microphone.] [color="navy"]Steve Flash : Thank your for the warm welcome, that's why I come here each month. I'm not scheduled to fight tonight, but you know that I'm fighting champion and I don't like to be sidelined. I feel good tonight, I'm in a good spirit, so let's change tonight lineup a bit. I know there's some boys in the back that would love to take that belt from me, so here's your chance. You want the Tri-State Regional Title ? Come and try to get it ! [/color] [It doesn't take long for a young man to answer the call. He has this urban look about him that people outside of New York would probably hate. His body is nothing spectacular, but at least he looks like decent in wrestling gear.] [color="darkred"]???? : This isn't what you expected Flash ? Let me introduce myself before I go down that ramp and take your precious title away from you. I may be new around here, hell, I don't even think the boss really wants me out at this point, but I'm not an inexperienced punk. I've been training hard since for a couple years now, I worked matchs with some great talent in other companies and now it's your turn Flash. Seeing an old guy like you with a belt around his waist makes me sick. Your place is in retirement home, not in a wrestling ring. When I'm done with you, you'll have nothing left but time to meditate on this day, the day that everyone shall remember as the day Al Coleman made Steve Flash tap out![/color] [Coleman drops the mic and charges the ring. Bring a referee, we have a match folks!] [i]Rating = E for the open challange, E for the answer[/i] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/steveflash.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coleman.jpg[/img] [u][b]NYCW Tri-State Regional Title[/b] : Steve Flash (ch) vs Al Coleman[/u] Coleman might have a big mouth, but at least, he has the skills to back it up. Flash has his hands full tonight. He wanted to prove that he's a fighting champion and he has to do it the hard way. Coleman tries every now and then to put Flash in a submission move, but the champ always manage to escape. Flash seems to gain momentum and he's gearing up for the Flash Bang, but Coleman bring the referee to him pretending to have something in the eye. That's all that took for a big and tall guy to jump over the barricade and drag Flash out of the ring. WHAM ! A strong lariat almost took Flash's head off! As he tries to get up, the big guy, who apparently goes by the name of Titan according to Rock Downpour, nails him with a boot the head. Titan rolls Flash back in the ring as Coleman smells blood. He locks a helpless Flash in a STF and the referee stops the match as Flash doesn't even move now. Winner and new champion : [b]Al Coleman[/b] in 9:17. [i]Rating = D-[/i] [And it's not over folks ! Titan climbs in the ring and put some boots in Flash. He holds him up for Coleman who's trash talking right in Flash face. He even slaps him ! Oh wait... Rick Sanders was warming up for his match near the curtain and he's now charging the ring a chair in hand. Coleman and Titan back up, letting a motionless Steve Flash in the middle of the ring before they get hurt. Sanders stays on the ring, calling the medics to check on the former champion.] [i]Rating = F+ for the attack, E for the save[/i] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ricksanders.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/kingman.jpg[/img] [u]Rick Sanders vs Barry Kingman[/u] The son of the legendary Ray The Crippler Kingman makes his NYCW debut tonight against a pumped up Sanders. It seems like Sanders really took this attack on Flash personnal and he's trying to beat some revenge down from Kingman. Not a bad effort from Kingman, but Sanders is too hot for him tonight and finishs him with a bridged Fisherman's Suplex. Winner : [b]Rick Sanders[/b] in 8:53. [i]Rating = D- and they didn't even click![/i] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/usmachine.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/blackhatbailey.jpg[/img] [u]American Machine vs Blackhat Bailey[/u] Time for a classic confrontation between two of our top stars. And they don't let the fans down! A lot of back and forth aciton in this bout as these two know each other well. As the referee tries to restrain American Machine to get to Bailey in a corner, Bailey pulls Machine's head right on the top turnbuckle. On the rebound, Machine hits by accident the referee. Machine's checking the referee, but Bailey takes advantage of this confusion to rake the eyes of Machine and takes him down with a DDT. The ref recovers quickly enough to see Bailey covering his opponent for the three count. As American Machine is getting back up in the ring, Bailey is already backing up on the ramp, taunting him about how weak of heart he is. Winner : [b]Blackhat Bailey[/b] in 11:30. [i]Rating = C- for the match with good chemistry, D for the taunting.[/i] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/phunk.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/whistler.jpg[/img] [u][b]NYCW Empire Title [/b] : Grandmaster Phunk (ch) vs Whistler[/u] Another classic confrontation, another great match. The two time former champion Whistler really tries to establish himself back in the title hunt tonight with a great performance, but Grandmaster Phunk is showing why he has the belt now. Phunk has an answer to every Whistler's attack. He lets his guard down only split second though and gets nailed by the Rebel Yell, but amazingly this only get a two count for the challenger. A few moments later, Phunk capitalize with a good looking Frog Splash to retain his title. Winner and still champion : [b]Grandmaster Phunk[/b] in 13:57. [i]Rating = C[/i] [As Phunk yells at some fans about how great he is and now rich he is, he doesn't see some people coming down the ramp. The new Tri-State champion Al Coleman and the massive Titan are running to the ring, a asian looking guy on their heels. As Phunk turns around, he gets nailed by Titan's Big Boot. A fourth man comes near the ring and he's barking orders. Coleman and the third guy stomp Whistler out the ring as Titan lifts Phunk by the shoulders and slams him down the canevas. More boots to the champion, then Coleman locks him in a Boston Crab as the Asian goes to the top a connects a Legdrop right behind the head of the champions. Officials are rushing the ring, but Titan is pushing them back with big right hands. Finaly, Rick Sanders, with a the tag team champs rush the ring as Whistler is trying to get back in the ring. What seems to be the mind of this group orders his troops to retreat and they run away by the crowd, not without getting some beers thrown at them of course!] [i]Rating = E[/i] [u][b]Global Rating for tonight : C-[/b][/u] - I'm pleased with the rating of this first show. The undercard sucked, but the second part of the show really carried the ball. - We lost tons of money unfortunately, so we'll need some tuning. - Coming up : The January wrap-up and a preview of our next show, Eye of the Storm. - For my last diary, I asked some friends to create some average rookies just for the fun to see who would get a big contract first. Jim Smith is one of them as it seems I didn't delete them as I thought. They all have no popularity and were created with medium skills with the quick wrestler creation tool. I'm using one the random male picture that comes with the game for Smith.

January 2007 in review [QUOTE=Sons of Kohral;219825]I LOVE NYCW diaries. They're my favorite promotion to play as and I like seeing what other people do with them. I should start one of my own... but yeah, you have a definite reader here![/QUOTE] Thanks for the support. NYCW is clearly a challenge, but I think it's worth taking. ------ [center][size=5]January 2007 in review[/size][/center] [b][u][size=3]NYCW[/size][/u][/b] - Rush Hour was great show wrestling-wise, but oh god we lost way too many precious dollars. Sponsors money only absorbed 40 % of that loss, so we'll need to make some adjustements. - This means... of a couple of release of course : [list][*]Marv Earnest : The guys is great, but we already have a cheap referee and a cheaper announcer. [*]Rodger Dodger : Way too much money on an undercard guy. He dislikes me now.... I'm hurt. [*]Herb Statley : That's a few bucks we don't need to spend on a color commentator as my user character can do that for free. His managing skills ? We'll do without it. [*]Land Mass : He didn't have contract that big, but we'll be better spending that money on someone who can wrestle. [*]The Masked Mauler : See above.[/list] - On the other hand, as you saw in Rush Hour, we added a couple of guys to our roster : [list][*]Barry Kingman : If I wanted to bring some young guys, I had to bring some veterans or my boss wouldn't be happy. He's not cheap, but I think we can get something out of him. [*]Al Coleman : Some new young blood. He got an attitude, but we should be able to control that. Great talent to have around. [*]Primal Rage : Not a great wrestler by any means, but a much needed cheap veteran. [*]Titan : A big strong guy. Should have a bright future. Yeah I know, I like MAW rejects. [*]Harry Wilson : This second generation wrestler should debut next month. A good overall wrestler with some potential. [*]Jim smith : Every company needs a resident cheap jobber! [*]Kashmir Singh : Yeah, that's the asian guy I was refering to in Rush Hour.[/list] [u]Week 1[/u] - TCW wins the ratings war by a large margin. They held a strong show (B-) with Cornell retaining in the main event against Genghin Rhan in a B match. A decent C+ for Supreme TV with a good main event between The Almighty Dollar and Sexual Agression. - SWF adds Pat Deacon to their backstage staff and Jim Force will be making his return soon to sell even more merchandise. Queen Emily will aslo be back soon. - TCW adds free agent Jack Griffith and American Elemantal who has to drop his japanesee commitements. - Bruce the Giant was in fire as he had a C match against Demon Anger in the weekly USPW tv show. - NOTPBW goes bonanza and signs a lot of CGC employees to written deals : Adrian Garcia, Shooter Sean Deley, Whippy the Clown, Jacob Jett, Jerome Turner. - CGC managed a little revenge by signing The Natural on a PPA deal as he's only on a similar deal with NOTBPW. - BHOTWG hits the Puro world hard by sealing Samoan Machine in a written deal preventing him to continue his work with GCG and INSPIRE. - The usual new crop of head booker : Marco Flores (MPWF), Shane Sneer (RIPW), Burning EXILE (WEXXV), Matthew Moris (MOSC), Arson Wells (ROF), Shawn Gonzalez (CZCW). [u]Week 2[/u] - The ratings war is a draw this week. Average shows for both TCW and SWF (C+). Main events : Runaway Train retained over Angry Gilmore (B-) and BLZ Bubb defeated Liberty (B-). Tommy Cornell didnt wrestle this week which kinda strange if you ask me. - SWF held their first PPV of the year, When Hell Freezes Over, which was a pretty average show (C+). At least, they had two good main event (Both B-) : Remo over Enygma, Runaway Train over Skull DeBones. - The big news this week is SWF snapped Darryl Devine from USPW and 4C. Carl Batch also made the jump from DAVE. - TCW answer ? Playboy Jack Sawyer. - USPW American Wrestling is in trouble. They might get booted from their network if the ratings doesnt improve soon. - After adding Frankie Perez (CZCW) to their roster, NOTBPW had a great week. The first A match of the year on their TV show (Dan Stone Jr d. Jeremy Stone) and very strong PPV (B) with another A main event (Sean McFly retained over Jeremy Stone). - On a much smaller scale, we saw a new team in RIPW as Kentucky Bill and Brendan Idol are now teaming under the name of The Mercenaries. They even took the tag titles from The Heartbreakers in the best match of the night, a wonderful E ! [u]Week 3[/u] - TCW Total Wrestling is back on top as they destroyed SWF Supreme TV in the ratings. Two average shows (C+) with only a good match main event : Jack Bruce over Groucho Bling in a B- effort. Even Tommy Cornell couldn't drag Rocky Golden to a better match than C+. - Two new signings for TCW : Corporal Doom (USPW) and Blonde Bombshell. - Speaking of USPW... holy hell ! Another C- match form Bruce, this time against T-Rex. - CZCW held their monthly show called Take No Prisoners. A great events (C-) where James Prudence totally stole the show by beating Shawn Gonzalez in a C rated effort. Still, Donnie J kept his title against Ultimate Phoenix (C- match). - Free agent Ernie Turner found a job as he signed with DAVE. - CGC tries to fix their roster by adding a couple guys : Craig Prince, one NOTBPW road agents, Joey Poison (4C), Rock Downpoour (NYCW). Trent Shaffer (CGC) has agreed to work for 4C for a few dates and he's already pushed in the main as he lost a championship match against Joey Poison the next night. [u]Week 4[/u] - Once again, TCW totaly destroys SWF in the rating war. Supreme TV was a pretty average this week (C), Total Wrestling put a C+ as Tommy Cornell dragged Genghis Rhan in a B- match. - TCW adds a road agent to their backstage environment by signing Dylan Sidle. - TCW held their biggest show of the year, Malice in Wonderland it was a great show (B-). Tommy Cornell retained his title against Troy Tornado in a very good event (B). - CGC continues to fix their roster as they sign Mick Muscle (USPW) and Nicolas Ultime (another created rookie). - OMG ! 2 C- matchs in the same USPW show! They held Stars, Stripes and Slams and did pretty well (D+). Demon Anger defeated Freddie Datsun as Bruce and T-Rex repeated their efforts of last week. A title change to note as Warlord Pain defeated Mick Muscles for the National title. I guess that's a punishement for signing in Canada. - Better yet, the next night on TV... Bruce is on a roll ! Another C- match against Demon Spite ! - RK Hayes is positionning himself as a contender in NOTBPW as beat Sean McFly in a non-title match. - A couple signing for 4C as they try to expand their roster a bit : Chance (CGC), Citizen X (CZCW), Greg Canberra (created rookie). - MAW star Mainstream Hernandez adds CZCW to his schedule. - MAW Rip Chord Invitational Winner : Des Davids over The Mean Machine. - CZCW signs the World's smallest manager, Brains McGhee. - Two new organisations annouced that will hold shows in a near future : The European League of Professionnal Fighthers (ELPF) based in Central Europe and the Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation (CWWF) based in the Prairies. More details as we have them. ------- OOC : I hope you like this kind of report. I like to watch what's going on in the world so I'd figured I should report it. It'll be probably a bit shorter next times as there's a lot less action after the first month. It's mainly a North American report as it's really all that matters for my small fed right now.

Eye of the Storm preview [quote][SIZE="5"]Next Saturday, New York City Wrestling presents... Eye of the Storm ! [/size] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]NYCW Tri-State Regional Title[/b] : Al Coleman (ch) vs Steve Flash[/font] [i]Last month, Al Coleman made an impressive debut by winning the title, not without any help some will note. Will Steve Flash be able to reclaim his title ? Is he in a good condition enough to do it ? [/i] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]NYCW Tag Team Titles :[/b] Wiley Coyote (ch) vs Lee Wright & Honest Frank[/FONT] [i]This month, the tag champions face a new challenge as Lee Wright and Honest will unite their efforts in hope of adding some gold around their waist.[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Harry Wilson vs Sammy The Shark[/font] [i]Second generation wrestler Harry Wilson, son of the legendary Cliff Wilson bette known as Dark Angel, will makes his debut next month. If he's only half good as his father, it should be a great match against the conman himself, Sammy The Shark.[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Jim Smith vs Titan[/font] [i]Don't miss the wrestling debut of the big massive Titan ! You saw him manhandled people outside the ring, but can he deliver inside the squared circle ?[/i] [b]Also scheduled to appear : [/b] - Rick Sanders - Primal Rage - Rock Downpour with an update on the condition NYCW Empire champion, Grandmaster Phunk [/quote] ...

NYCW Tri-State Regional Title : [B]Al Coleman[/B] (ch) vs Steve Flash He's a good up and comer NYCW Tag Team Titles : [B]Wiley Coyote[/B] (ch) vs Lee Wright & Honest Frank They need to find a good tag team to drop the titles to. [B]Harry Wilson[/B] vs Sammy The Shark I like his hair. Jim Smith vs [B]Titan[/B] He's a BEAST! Also scheduled to appear : - Rick Sanders - [B]He's going to try to form an alliance with some faces[/B] - Primal Rage - [B]He'll win some sort of squash match[/B] - Rock Downpour with an update on the condition NYCW Empire champion, Grandmaster Phunk - He wont be at the show (to save money) but they'll say that him and Rick are working something out Oh, and Kashmir Singh is the man who I ALWAYS sign. He's an awesome talent for your undercard.

NYCW Eye of the Storm - Feb 07 [center][IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/nycw.jpg[/IMG] [size=3]New York City Wrestling presents...[/size] [size=7]Eye of The Storm[/size] Saturday Week 2, February 2007 Live from the Weston Gymnasium, New York, in front of 300 people[/center] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/joeypoison.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/primalrage.jpg[/IMG] [u]Joey Poison vs Primal Rage[/u] Strange to see Rock Downpour calling this one alone, but he doesn't look like too nervous. Another new comer makes his debut tonight as Canadian wrestler, and 4C champion by the way, Joey Poison takes on Primal Rage. Poison really tried hard to impress our fans with a mix of brawling and high flying that matched really well with Primal Rage offense. Rage connects with the Wake Up Call out of nowhere at the 8th minute mark to win that one. Winner : [b]Primal Rage[/b] in 7:54. [i]Rating = D[/i] [These two don't even time to get out of the ring that Al Coleman, Titan, Kashmir Singh and their apparent leader. A chorus of boos welcomes them, you can't act like they did last month and expect to get out of it with some love. Hey look! There's someone else with them, a somewhat familiar face... it's Mean Jean Cattley! By the menacing look on their faces, neither Poison or Rage stay around to ask any question.] [color="darkred"]Derek Lynch : For all that matters, my name is Derek Lynch. But this is not about me, this about us. You all saw what happened last month at Rush Hour (another chorus of boos). We fooled everyone into thinking (pointing to Al Coleman) this man was all alone and was an idiot to challenge Flash for the Tri-State title. As you can tell now, it was all a part of a masterplan, including the next step of taking out the champion Grandmaste Phunk. What's the motivation behind this you'll ask me ? It's pretty simple : we're taking over the place ! I've been working backstage for this company for some time now and it made me sick. Sick of seeing all those old farts going out each month to crush young talented wrestlers into oblivion so they can relive their glorious past one more night. Sick of seeing you the fans eating this **** like there's no tomorrow.[/color] [More boos and some fans are chanting for Steve Flash to come out.] [color="darkred"]Derek Lynch : But it's all over now. It's time for a change in NYCW, it's time for this ground to really mean something, to really be a proving ground for the next generation of international stars. I recruited the finest talents to take your beloved old idiots out one by one. Here you have, forming this Revolution : The Master of Submissions Al Coleman, already Tri-State Regional champion and about to take Steve Flash out for the second month; Kashmir Singh, the finest canadian wrestler you'll find, but overlooked too many times in the past because he's not of the right color; the big massive monster Titan, a man you really not want to angry; and last but not least, someone you might remember... Mean Jean Cattley.[/color] [Lynch hands the mic to Cattley.] [color="navy"]Mean Jean Cattley : Thanks Derek. For all those years, I've been busting my ass all-around only to hit a glass ceiling : selfish veterans lost in the past. For the last ten years, I've been given the freakin' never-ending rub from those guys, but it's all about to change. It's time for Mean Jean Cattley to shine, like it or not. If I have to go through each guy in this lockeroom and beat them to a bloody pulp to earn some respect, I'll do it. And it all starts tonight. Rick Sanders, you put your nose in our business last month. I don't care if you have your wrestling gear with you or not, later tonight you'll get in that ring and I'll show you that you don't want to mess with the Revolution![/color] [Full confidence, Cattley, Coleman and Singh heads to the back. As Titan's debut are next !] [i]Rating = F+, that's all you can get when you put all these unknown guys in the ring at the same time.[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/jimsmith2.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/titan.jpg[/IMG] [u]Jim Smith vs Titan (w/Derek Lynch)[/u] From this point on webcast, you can hear Derek Lynch adding his pointview to Rock Downpour commentary. Yeah, I know, our annoucing is not live. We're old school like that. The match ? Well, welcome to squash city. One Titanic Chokeslam (pun fully intended) closes the deal rather quickly. Winner : [b]Titan[/b] in 4:48. [i]Rating = E[/i] [Rock Downpour heads to the ring.] [color="navy"]Downpour : As annouced, I bring some news about the NYCW Empire champion, Grandmaster Phunk. He's unfortunately not with us tonight, he's still recovering from his injuries from Rush Hour. He has bruised ribs, a strain muscle in his lower back and a concussion. He's not medically cleared to wrestle, but we hope he'll be there next month at our next event, Men at Work.[/color] [As Downpour heads to the back, you can hear Lynch brag about how efficient and dangerous his Revolution can be.] [i]Rating = C[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/wilson.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sammy.jpg[/IMG] [u]Harry Wilson vs Sammy The Shark[/u] Early in the match, The Conman tried to use underhand tactics to trick Wilson in commiting himself into disqualification, but it didn't work quite well. Wilson showed he can deliver. He's not a great wrestler, he can do a bit of everything which was enough to get him a W with a sit-out powerbomb. Winner : [b]Harry Wilson[/b] in 7:48. [i]Rating = E+[/u] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ricksanders.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/meanjean.jpg[/IMG] [u]Rick Sanders vs Mean Jean Cattley[/u] Now, that's what I call a pleasent surprise! These two put a wrestling clinic as their motivation was very high. Sanders is slowly gaining fans and Cattley means business. After working on the lower back of his opponent to slow him down, Cattley connects with the Mood Swing to score the pinfall. After the bell, Cattley stands over Sanders and yells at him to stay out of the way or else... Winner : [b]Mean Jean Cattley[/b] in 10:35. [i]Rating = D, and we found a good chemistry, great![/i] [In the back, tonight challengers for the tag team title Honest Frank and Lee Wright are trading harsh words with the champs, Wiley Coyote. They promise to take the belts tonight as the champions didn't prove anything last week, they beat two big whales with no wrestling skills. This time, it will be different, they will have two great wrestlers in front of them and they won't be able to handle it. The champs answer back with some fists and a brawl follows until officals break it.] [i]Rating = E+[/i] [Rock Downpour is back in the ring, this time with STeve Flash and Rick Sanders who seems to have recover from his earlier match.] [color="navy"]Rock Downpour : It is now my pleasure to have Steve Flash with me for a few moments before his big rematch tonight the Tri-State Regional Title. How are you preparing for this match Steve ?[/color] [color="darkred"]Steve Flash : With more determination than ever and with an idea about what's upcoming. Last month, Al Coleman gave all he had but it wasn't enough. He had to ask for help and the number game put the title around his waist. Tonight will be different, (pointing to Sanders), this time I'll have someone to watch my back and there's no way Coleman will escape with the title. They can talk all they want about a revolution, but they can't take away the experience of the veterans. I've faced many tough challenges in the past, I know how to overcome them and I'll be once again Tri-State Regional champion when the night is over.[/color] [color="navy"]Rock Downpour : Thanks you Steve Flash for your comments and good luck ![/color] [And we quickly heads to the back as our backstage cameraman is requesting some air time.] [i]Rating = E[/i] [In the back, Harry Wilson is about to leave the Gym his packs on his shoulder, but someone is waiting for him by the door. Derek Lynch.] [color="darkred"]Derek Lynch : Not a bad match you had earlier tonight.... for something involing Sammy. Even my grandmother could beat that guy and she's in a wheelchair! Anyway, I have a proposal for you. Join the Revolution and you won't be forced in the opening matchs against Sammy for the next year. With my guidance, you'll soon be a top star.[/color] [color="navy"]Harry Wilson : That's an interesting idea... but, no thanks. One of the things I learned from my dad is that hard work and dedication always pays off. I don't need your help or anyone else's help for that matter. I'll make my own success by myself like a real man. I'm not Dark Angel, but I can for sure bust my ass hard to become only half good as he is.[/color] [Wilson pushes the door and leaves not letting enough time to Lynch to add something.] [color="darkred"]Derek Lynch : We'll see about that...[/color] [i]Rating = F+[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coyote.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/wiley.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/honestfrank.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/leewright.jpg[/IMG] [u][b]NYCW Tag Team Titles[/b] : Wiley Coyote (ch) vs Honest Frank & Lee Wright[/u] Frank and Wright might not be used to work together, but that didn't slow them down. They kept going at the champions with their best shots until a Coyote ducked under a Frank's clothesline that sent Wright outside of the ring. Wiley Coyote teamed up on Frank with a Doomsday Device to retain their titles. Winners and still champion : [b]Wiley Coyote[/b] in 7:39. [i]Rating = D-[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/steveflash.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coleman.jpg[/IMG] [u][b]NYCW Tri-State Regional Title[/b] : Steve Flash (w/ Rick Sanders) vs Al Coleman (ch) (w/ Derek Lynch & Titan)[/u] Expectations are high tonight as these two delivered a great match last month. After a rocky start that saw Lynch trying to get involve and Sanders menacing him physically, the match really lifs off to an even better bout than Rush Hour. Lynch behavior at ringside really got under Sanders' skin and he's now way too close of him at Titan's liking and a brawl erupts. This distraction allows Lynch to roll in the ring and deliver a low blow to Flash as he was setting Coleman for the Flash Bang. Coleman puts Flash in a Figure-Four Leglock as Lynch his back outside yelling at the referee to turn around. He turns just to see Flash taps out as he can't handle the pain in both his legs and precious belongings. Winner and still champion : [b]Al Coleman[/b] in 14:48. [i]Rating = D[/i] [Mean Jean Cattley and Kashmir Singh are coming to the ring area as Titan pushes Sanders in the ring steps. He rolls him in the ring and Lynch orders his men to put some boots in Flash and Sanders. Mood Swing on Sanders! Titan is setting Flash for his Chokeslam and.. looks who's rushing the aisle, taped ribs and chair in hand. It's Grandmaster Phunk ! Singh goes for him, but he gets some steel to the head ! Chair shot to Cattley's back ! Titan grabs Phunk by the throat, but Flash has enough gas left in his tank to hit him with the Flash Bang ! Lynch takes cover as Coleman rolls out of the ring, dragging his partners to safety. Officiales rush the ring to make sure nobody gets hurt.] [i]Rating = E- for the attack, E- for the save[/i] [u][b]Global Rating for tonight : D-[/b][/u] - Another great night of wrestling at the Gym...but we're losing money again. Not as much as last month, but still, the sponsors should cover only half of our losses. - I really need to rethink my booking as I won't last long losing all that money. It's not like The Stomper didn't tell me it would happen...

I like you bringing in Barry Kingman. While not a top tier guy by any stretch he certainly has the name recognition that makes him a C/B Level mark celebrity... (you know, the kind of guy who goes to indy shows and marks out when his favorite big name guy's cousins second nephew's sons brother is all of a sudden in there, lol.) Anyway, I like what you've got going here, since we're both doing NYCW stuff I'll be interested to see which way you go with some names because I know the money i NYCW isn't what we'd like it to be and paying some of that 800$+ talent could be costly (pun intended :) ) Anyway dude keep up the good stuff!

[QUOTE=Ramaeno;221455]I like you bringing in Barry Kingman. While not a top tier guy by any stretch he certainly has the name recognition that makes him a C/B Level mark celebrity... (you know, the kind of guy who goes to indy shows and marks out when his favorite big name guy's cousins second nephew's sons brother is all of a sudden in there, lol.) Anyway, I like what you've got going here, since we're both doing NYCW stuff I'll be interested to see which way you go with some names because I know the money i NYCW isn't what we'd like it to be and paying some of that 800$+ talent could be costly (pun intended :) ) Anyway dude keep up the good stuff![/QUOTE] I tried to stay true to NYCW with some signings like Kingman. I felt it was realistic to bring a couple more veterans with a decent skills if I was to bring young talents. That's why I didnt fire all those big contracts, it's more realistic (and a lot more challenging!) to keep the vets around. Besides that, some contracts will run out sooner or later and I won't be able to keep some of the top guys. Kingman is not cheap, really not, but I might have a plan for the following months to keep the boat afloat. First step will probably to cut the shows to only one hour, then rotating the larger contracts to try to keep everyone happy... and a I might have a few cards left in my sleeve. Sons, you're not totally wrong. Sanders didn't actively try to form an alliance, but he's kinda watching Flash's back and vice versa. Thanks for commenting guys :)

February 07 in review [center][size=5]February 2007 in review[/size][/center] [b][u]NYCW[/u][/b] - Another great wrestling night for Eye of the Storm, the fans are really behind this whole Revolution angle I think. Still, we lost money. Not as much as last month, that's a 5000$ in red. - We'll try something for Men at Work, in March. We'll cut the show to only one hour, put our accountants at work... wait we don't have any. Okay then, I'll be micromanaging our wrestler expenses. - We established a good relationship with 4C headerbooker Joey Poison and we worked that into a working agreement with the company. We hope to make some good business with them in the future. [u]Week 1[/u] - Once again, TCW destroys SWF in the ratings. Wrestling-wise, it's two average shows with no real show stealer. - It's over, UPSW lost their TV show after another round of disastrous ratings. Still, they managed to hold their big event, Red, White and Blue, and raised some success. Another great effort by Bruce who retained over Demon Spite in a C- match. Warlord Pain retained the National Title over Freddie Datsun in a similar fashion. - DAVE signed a PPV deal with USA Free Choice. That's a good move forward for them. - A big splash today in North America as NOTBPW has reach an agreement with GNN Total Sports for a new show called Takedown scheduled to air next season. Still, it will be late Monday at 11PM, but I'm sure neither Cornell nor Eisen are liking this. - RK Hayes stock is really rising has he defeated Dan Stone Jr (B+) in NOTBPW TV main event. In a strange turn of events, Dallas McWade beat Tim Westbrook in the opener. - Mexican sensation Champagne Lover is going to tour with BHOTWG. I'm sure mexican fans are bit worried he won't be able to show for every show. - Larry Wood is the mysterious owner behind CWWF. He plans to focus his product on athletic women wrestling for whatever it may means. He convinced an old friend Leo Davis to help him with CWWF and he's now the head booker. - Razor Valentine is behind ELPF. As you would have guess, the plan is producing hart hitting fights in a competitive spirit.- Jamie Anderson has been named head booker of ELPF. Who he is ? I don't know, but what do I know of european wrestling anyways... - There's some new tag team champs in CZCW as All Out Assault (Ultimate Phoenix & Matt Sparrow) defeated Air Force 1 at Stormy Weather.. [u]Week 2[/u] - Another week, same results as TCW Total Wrestling really going ahead every week of SWF Supreme TV in the ratings. Another round of two forgettful shows (Rating C). Not surprising when you have Eric Eisen and Genghis Rhan main eventing. - Nothing to Lose, the latest SWF PPV was a good show (C+) mainly because of good matches from the main eventers. - NOTBPW Clash Classic was a tremendous succes (B) with a great main event : Sean McFly retained his title against Jeremy Stone in a A match. - RK Hayes finaly got his title shot on the company weekly TV show, but he failed to take it from Sean McFly. A nice B- rated effort. - If you are dreaming for a Vessey Brothers return in America, you can stop now. Larry Vessey signed a new contract with PHGW. [u]Week 3[/u] - Richard Eisen's hair must be really thinned out on his skull as for another week, TCW Total Championship destroys SWF Supreme TV in the ratings. That was two okay edition (C+) with two good main event (B-) : Runaway Train retaining over Skull DeBones and Genghis Rahn over Ricky Dale Johnson. - Emma Chase is in the last month of her contract with DAVE and she was offered big money. She decided to sign with TCW hoping it will be a better ground than SWF. - Akima Brave and Squeaky McClean signed extensions with SWF. - DAVE signed Tank Bradley to a verbal contract extension. - Full Throttle was a pretty stong show for MAW, it scored a D- which was enough to put them at the Small level. - BSC color commentator Sara Silver will also be working for MAW now. - ELPF held his first show called Crazy Crazy Nights. A good effort from them as they got a D- grade. Various champions were crown of course that night. [u]Week 4[/u] - Once again, TCW Total Wrestling wins the ratings war, but the're a reason : they put together an excellent B- show. Star of the night is cleary Tommy Cornell who managed to get a B match out of Texas Pete. - The War to Settle the Score was very good PPV for TCW (B-). The main event saw Tommy Cornell retained his title over Troy Tornado in a B match. - You know Rip Chord has full confidence on his workers when he only hires non-wrestler. Sienna DeVille, a BSC manager, will now be working for them. - For those who might care, Pete the Hillbilly has now retired from active competition.

Men at Work preview [quote][SIZE="5"]Next Saturday, New York City Wrestling presents... Men at Work ! [/size] [FONT="Arial Black"]Whistler vs The Stomper[/font] [i]A special main event this month for a special occasion. New York Legend and NYCW owner, The Stomper has announced his retirement form active competition. Come to Weston see his last profesionnal match as The Stomper takes on the patriotic Whistler in a classic NYCW bout.[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Steve Flash & Grandmaster Phunk vs Al Coleman & Mean Jean Cattley[/font] [i]Last month, the NYCW Emipire champion, Granmaster Phunk made his return by taking out the Revolution. Taped Ribs, sore back and who know's what other undisclosed injuries didn't stop him. He might not still be at 100 %, neither Flash might be, but they can for sure take these two young upcomers to school! Or will number game will once again favors the Revolution ?[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Coyote Dynamite vs Primal Rage[/font] [i]The tag team champions earned a show off this month after two successful defences, but that doesn't mean they have to stay inactive. One half of the NYCW Tag Team champions Coyote Dynamite will take on the rising Primal Rage in what should be one hell of a brawl![/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]The New York Doll vs Kashmir Singh[/font] [i]You've seen Singh for some time now hanging around the Revolution, beating up people, but it's time now for him to step to the plate and get inside the squared circle as he takes on the lunatic New York Doll.[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Jim Smith vs Sammy The Shark[/font] [i]The Conman will be back in action for another time as he takes on the rookie Smith. Will the rookie fall for some tricks or can he finally gets a victory ? [/i] [b]Also scheduled to appear : [/b] - Blackhat Bailey - Harry Wilson - Former SCCW Champion, the Soulman, Elijah Harris. [/quote] ...

[B]Whistler[/B] vs The Stomper - In a long epic, classic bout [B]Steve Flash & Grandmaster Phunk[/B] vs Al Coleman & Mean Jean Cattley - By cheating [B]Coyote Dynamite[/B] vs Primal Rage - By DQ [B]The New York Doll[/B] vs Kashmir Singh Jim Smith vs [B]Sammy The Shark[/B] Also scheduled to appear : - Blackhat Bailey- Uhhh.. I dunno - Harry Wilson - Will win a match - Former SCCW Champion, the Soulman, Elijah Harris - Damn, he's a cool cdude

NYCW Men at Work - March 2007 [center][IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/nycw.jpg[/IMG] [size=3]New York City Wrestling presents...[/size] [size=7]Men at Worlk[/size] Saturday Week 2, March 2007 Live from the Weston Gymnasium, New York, in front of 300 people[/center] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/jimsmith2.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sammy.jpg[/IMG] [u]Jim Smith vs Sammy The Shark[/u] Not a bad little match between these two. I mean, Smith isn't over yet, so you can't expect people to cheer their heart out for him. Sammy brought his serious face tonight as he tried to end this match rather quickly, but no avail. He thought he had Smith with a roll-up, but Smith reversed it and got the upset victory. Winner : [b]Jim Smith[/b] in 5:36 [i]Rating = E+[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/newyorkdoll.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/singh.jpg[/IMG] [u]The New York Doll vs Kashmir Singh (w/Derek Lynch)[/u] A good wrestling debut for Singh. He showed some quick feets, a good grasp of the technical basics and even connected a really good looking Moonsault. The Doll ? Well, let's just way it wasn't his night and he never got up after the Moonsault. Winner : [b]Kashmir Singh[/b] in 4:35. [i]Rating = E[/i] [We now join Rock Downpour backstage as he just entered Blackhat Bailey's lockerroom. He's welcomed with a dread look, but it doesn't stop him.] [color="navy"]Rock Downpour : Blackhat Bailey, I've just been told that tonight, you're gonna face the young Harry Wilson in the ring. Any thoughts ?[/color] [color="darkred"]Blackhat Bailey : I never asked for that match and it pisses me off, but if I had a nickel each time some young punk thought he could take me to the limit, I wouldn't wasting my time listening to an idiot like you. I've better things to do, mainly taking care of this wonderful bottle of scotch, now get lost ![/color] [color="navy"]Rock Downpour : One more question, sir. What do you think of Stomper's retirement ?[/color] [color="darkred"]Blackhat Bailey : I'll show you how much I care about that old retarded half of a man...[/color] [Bailey grabs Downpour by the neck and throws him out of his room and shut the door violently.] [i]Rating = D-[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coyote.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/primalrage.jpg[/IMG] [u]Coyote Dynamite vs Primal Rage[/u] A much better match than expected. Dynamite is an average wrestler at best, but Rage went with it and gave us a good back and forth brawl. Primal Rage stayed away from the ropes, which probably helped a lot his opponent to not look like a complete moron. Still, the match was a bit tarnished by the finish as the Soulman Elijah Harris made his presence felt. Harris didn't get involved physcially, but he was a distraction enough for Dynamite to fell for the Wake Up Call. Winner : [b]Primal Rage[/b] in 6:36. [i]Rating = D- gotta love the good chemistry[/i] [The Soulman isn't done as he climbs into the ring and delivers the Soul Train to Dynamite before taking the mic.] [color="darkred"]Elijah Harris : I see that things don't really change with time. Dynamite, you were a loser back in the days in Southern Championship Class Wrestling. You were not good enough to muster any kind of single success and relied on partners to keep you afloat while the Soulman was on top of the mountain. Still now, you're waiting for your partner to save the day... Next month, at Land of Heroes, it'll be all over, believe me playa, as the Soulman will get back in the ring with his partner to take those tag belts and to send you back where you belong : in the street, begging for money![/color] [Harris throws the mic at Dynamite's head before leaving.] [i]Rating = E+, I guess not all people remember the SCCW days[/i] [In the back, Derek Lynch for some air time. He's with Mean Jean Cattley and Al Coleman.] [color="darkred"]Derek Lynch : You know what ? The show is still young and I'm already sick of it ! First, this old guy Harris, who hasn't wrestle for 10 years I guess, comes here and rambles about the past and how great he is. I'll tell you this only once Harris : go the f*** out of here or you'll get hurt by the Revolution like every other old f****. Then, everyone and their mother is only talking about Stomper's retirement when they should be talking about tonight's real main event : Revolution beating the crap out of Steve Flash and Grandmaster Phunk. Stomper is retiring ? Good riddance ! That only means our plan is working, we feared him and like a coward, he's going away. But back to tonight's main event. These two gentlemen with me will show you how really good and really confident we are by beating Flash and Phunk 1-2-3 easily.[/color] [All that without taking a breath!] [i]Rating = E-[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/wilson.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/blackhatbailey.jpg[/IMG] [u]Harry Wilson vs Blackhat Bailey[/u] A much harder match this time for the young Wilson. At least, Wilson is not outwrestle by Bailey, he's getting a some offense, but the veteran is really pacing the match. Bailey was methodical and efficent as usual, getting the W after the Bailey the Breaker. Better luck next time Mr Wilson! Winner : [b]Blackhat Bailey[/b] in 6:35 [i]Rating = D[/i] [As the Revolution makes its way to the ring, they meet Wilson on his way back.] [color="darkred"]Derek Lynch : You see Harry, with my help, it's the kind match you would have won. Don't leave yet, stay in the back and look at our match to see how to get things down. My offer is still on Harry...[/color] [Lynch extends his hand to Harry Wilson who simply ignores it. Lynch is not very happy, but Coleman reminds him they have match next.] [i]Rating = F+[/i] [Before coming to the ring, Steve Flash and Grandmaster Phunk have a word to say.] [color="navy"]Steve Flash : I'd like to congratulate The Stomper for his illustrous career. We haven't agreed in the past, but he got my respect by delivering good performance nights in and nights out.[/color] [color="purple"]Grandmaster Phunk : Tonight's it's not only about one guy walking out of the street, it's also about getting some payback from two little kiss-stealer, gran'-nanny's money takers, low level dark alley thugs. This Revolution is making waves, but it's about to end soon as Steve Flash and The Lady's King knock some senses in their skulls. It's time for them to pay for all the cheap shots they gave us and trust me, when Grandmaster Phunk has his sight on an ass, you better get out of the way, 'cause he's gonna pimpin' it all night long![/color] [i]Rating = D[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/steveflash.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/phunk.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coleman.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/meanjean.jpg[/IMG] [u]Steve Flash and NYCW Empire Champion Grandmaster Phunk vs Al Coleman & Mean Jean Cattley (w/Derek Lynch)[/u] A lot of people don't agree with Derek Lynch, but at least he was when he said it could have been a great main event. Cattley and Coleman tried to isolate Flash from his partner, it worked well for some time, but a small mistake from Coleman who was really off his game tonight gave enough time to Flash to tag Phunk in. The Empire champion cleared the ring, he even knocked Lynch down from the apron as he tried to interfere. Phunk connecte with a Tornado DDT on Coleman and got the three count as Flash pushed Cattley out the ring. Singh didn't even had time to make it to the ring! Winners : [b]Granmaster Phunk & Steve Flash[/b] in 7:51. [i]Rating = D[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/whistler.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/stomper.jpg[/IMG] [u]Whistler vs The Stomper[/u] And of course, for Stomper's last match, my luck found someone with who he didn't click. Not a bad match at all, an above average for our standards, but still it could have been better. For his final match, The Stomper was in fire, he kept battling back at Whistler which gave us a match filled with non-stop action for 10 minutes. Unfortunately, Stomper was a bit rusty as his last match was a some time ago. Whistler connected with the Rebel Yell to get the win. Winner : [b]Whistler[/b] in 9:45. [i]Rating = D-[/i] [After the match, Whistler helps an iffy Stomper back on his feet. Whistler extends his hand, it takes some time, but The Stomper accepts it. Whistler puts over his opponent asking the crowd to cheer him. Rock Downpour quickly brings a mic to his boss.] [color="navy"]The Stomper : Thanks, it's really appreciated. It was one hell of a ride for more than three decade, but my body is hurting. It's time for me to hang my boots, but I won't be far away as I still feel the passion inside. I'll still be working backstage to bring you the best show every month.[/color] [As the crowd cheers, the boss hands the mic down and salutes the crowd one last time.] [i]Rating = D- for the handshake, E for Stomper's last promo.[/i] [u][b]Global Rating for tonight : D-[/b][/u] - The show had to be rewrite after Stomper annouced his retirement, but still, it was a great night of wrestling in New York. - I'm an idiot. I don't know how I planned this show, but I spend more money this month then in any other month. Next month, I should really pay more attention to my budget. Really.

March 2007 in review [center][size=5]March 2007 in review[/size][/center] [FONT="Arial Black"][b][u]NYCW[/u][/b][/font] - Now, I'm bit confused. After the show, the business screen showed a higher worker costs than expected... but it's still less than the previous month, so March was a better month as we lost only 4500$. Oh well... - Anyway, Men at Work was a great night of wrestling which is all that matter. - Unfortuneatly, it was the last appearence for Steve Flash with us as we failed to reach an agreement on a new contract. He was willing to take a pay cut, it wasn't enough for Stomper to let me sign him. - For financial reasons, and for the lack of direction of his character, Honest Frank has been released. - In a interesting note, Joey Poison retained the 4C title over Barry Kingman. [u]Week 1[/u] - Once again, TCW Total Wrestling destroyed SWF Supreme TV in the ratings. Eisen will really have to producre more than C+ cards to change the current trend. - Young canadian rising star Marc Dubois signed a contract extension with SWF. - The new NOTBPW show, Takedown, on GNN Sports had a rocky debut. Wrestling wise, it was a good show, even though they can do better, but there graveyard slot is horrible for ratings. - Another A match in NOTBPW when Sean McFly went over Jeremy Stone in a non-title match. - It looks like The Natural days in CGC are over as he signed a written contract extension with NOTBPW. - RIPW 100 000 years show dit okay with a E+ grade, but it was enough to get them to the Small status. - DAVE resident jobber Ernie Turner signed with RIPW. - He only had a handful on fights so far, they all sucked, but still Tribal Warrior signed an extension with USPW. - Story of the wek is rather the first show of PHGW new tour, called Genocide. The show got a B- note, but more news worthy 6 maths out 7 got a B- or B grade! And the seventh got a "weak" C+. - In a related story, Shuji Inukai won the Elite Series for the second time. - Six Times CZCW Champion Fox Mask will be working in Japan for the next months as he signed a touring contract with WLW. - British star and two times ROF Champion Adam Matravers caught the eye of GCG and will be touring with them next month. For some reason, I thought he would keep his british duties, but he dropped 21CW. - After a impressive match with Dazzling Dave Diamond at the American Independant Show, Cameron Vessey, son of Larry Vessey, caught the eye of the GCG and will be touring with them next month. [u]Week 2[/u] - RIPW head booker and color commentator, and also USPW color commentator, Shane Sneer will fill the spot left by Emma Chase in DAVE. - In a unrelated news, Ronnie V. Pain signed an extension with TCW. He only had four matchs this year so far, but he probably thinks it'll get better if he's a company man. - Nemesis, who is actually doing color commentary for DAVE, signe a contract extension. - RIPW Tag team champion Kentucky Bill signed a contract extension. - Brains McGhee's work with CZCW has been short as SWF snapped him into a development deal. He's now heading to RIPW. - Jeremy and Dan Stone Jr won for the 3rd time the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup defeating Duane and Edd Stone in the final of another great night of wrestling in Canada. - Flava Kast, the well known american hip hop star, is trying to break in wrestling and signed with CGC. A weak brawler at best, but he has montruous charimsa. Kast, if I'm not mistaken, is one the Rufus' expansion new guy. I toned a lot of the new workers down to my liking, but it's still a good addition to the verse. - In a interesting twsit of event, ELPF Champion Toby Juan Kanobi retained his title over his UCR partner, Jed High. A pretty decent match and we'll probably see more of them in the future. [u]Week 3[/u] - Nevada Nuclear signed an extension on his SWF developmental contract as he is quite over in New England (D-). - Jesse Gilbert signed an extension with CGC. - Danny Rushmore and Warlord Agony signed contract extension with USPW. - Jeremy Stone might by in line for a title match as beat Sean McFly in a non-title match rated A. - CWWF held their first show called Supremacy and it was a succes, at least wrestling wise, with a D grade. Grace Harper defeated Emma Bitch to become the first Unniversal champion. Joanne Rodriguez beat Wand Fish to become Intercontinental champion. - Jed High is getting some single success like his partner Jed High who is the ELPF Champion as he won the UCR European Title. [u]Week 4[/u] - Freddy Huggins defeated Chance Fortune for his third All-Action Title. - Joel Bryant signed an extension with TCW. - Much to my surprise, Roger Dodger signed with CZCW. I mean, it's not like he has any high flying abilities! - Jesus Chavez extended deal with DAVE. - The Natural, current tag team champion with Owen Love, beat Harrison Hash for the Unlimited Title on the latest NOTBPW show. - Joey Poison signed an extension with 4C.

Land of Heroes preview [quote][SIZE="5"]Next Saturday, New York City Wrestling presents... Land of Heroes ! [/size] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]NYCW Empire Title[/b] : Grandmaster Phunk (ch) vs Mean Jean Cattley[/font] [i]Last month, after the Revolution lost the match against Phunk and Flash, Mean Jean Cattley throwed a fit backstage and even challenged Phunk to match. Of course, Phunk is not the kind of guy to back down from of a challenge![/i] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]NYCW Tag Team Titles[/b] : Wiley Coyote (ch) vs Elijah Harris and his mystery partner[/font] [i]At Men at Work, the Soulman made his presence known by costing Coyote Dynamite a match and went on tirade about how weak the champs are. We still haven't heard a thing about Harris' partner, your best guess is as good as ours! Maybe it's another former SCCW star...[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]NYCW Tri-State Regional Title[/b] : Al Coleman (ch) vs Rick Sanders[/font] [i]Rick Sanders has been involved for some time in this guerrila against the Revolution. Can he take it to the next level by claiming the Tri-State title against the Master of Subsmissions ?[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Jerry Martin vs Kashmir Singh[/font] [i]Another new wrestler as the young canadian wrestler Jerry Martin will makes his NYCW debut by taking on a revolution member. Singh made a very good impression last week with a win over the New York Doll and will try to carry his momentum in this bout.[/i] [b]Also scheduled to appear : [/b] - American Machine with an open sit-up challenge - Titan and Derek Lynch [/quote] ...

NYCW Land of Heroes - April 2007 [center][IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/nycw.jpg[/IMG] [size=3]New York City Wrestling presents...[/size] [size=7]Land of Heroes[/size] Saturday Week 2, April 2007 Live from the Weston Gymnasium, New York, in front of 300 people[/center] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/jerrymartin.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/singh.jpg[/IMG] [u]Jerry Martin vs Kashmir Singh (w/Derek Lynch & Mean Jean Cattley)[/u] Young canadian brawler, who's also working for RIPW, Jerry Martin makes his New York debut with a solid performance. He went toe-to-toe with Singh who's really a stiff competitor. A couple bodyshots slowed Martin enough for Singh to capitalize with an Inverted DDT for the big W. Winner : [b]Kashmir Singh[/b] in 6:32. [i]Rating = E+[/i] [After the match, Mean Jean Cattley gets in the ring as Singh throws Martin out.] [color="navy"]Mean Jean Cattley : Phunk, last month, Flash and you got lucky. You scored a big upset and it won't happen again tonight. The Revolution will not be stopped ! You should have stay home like Steve Flash. He knew his time was up, that soon he'll be force to use a wheelchair thanks to the Revolution. You see, he's not too dumb for an old guy... After I take your title tonight Phunk, I'll beat you into inches of your life and even Flash's retirement home won't take take you![/color] [Strong words from a very angry man.] [i]Rating = D[/i] [We head to the back as Rock Downpour is trying to find who's Elijah Harris' partner. He finally stumbles on the Soulman who's making his way in the arena followed by a young man carrying sports bags.] [color="purple"]Rock Downpour : Ah finnaly, Mr Harris I find you ! People want to know who's gonna be your partner tonight when you challenge Wiley Coyote for the Tag Team Titles.[/color] [color="darkred"]Elijah Harris : You know Downpour, the so-called champions are so weak that I thought going into this match alone, but then I realized I need someone to carry my bags, so why not take his sorry ass in the ring with me to prove that even my dumb nephew can beat Wiley Coyote. Stewart, stop being lazy and bring those bags to our room ! [/color] [Harris gets behind his nephew and pushes him to give him a quicker start.] [i]Rating = E[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/nycw_tristate.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ricksanders.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coleman.jpg[/IMG] [u][b]NYCW Tri-State Regional Title[/b] : Rick Sanders vs Al Coleman (ch) (w/Derek Lynch & Titan)[/u] A good technical bout between these two. Sanders was quite motivate to score a victory trying to carry the momentum Phunk and Flash created last month, but with Lynch and Titan around, it was not an easy task. Lynch distracted the referee which allowed Titan to nail Sanders with a Big Boot and he was an easy prey for Coleman's Anaconda Vice. As soon as the bell rang, Titan jumped back in the ring to put more boots in Sanders. A Titanic Chokeslam and a belt shot between the eyes later, a bloody Sanders was left in the ring by the Revolution. Winner and still champion : [b]Al Coleman[/b] in 7:41. [i]Rating = D- for a match in which they didn't click, E- for the beatdown[/i] [Before their match, the tag team champions Wiley Coyote takes the mic.] [color="navy"]Wiley Steinway : Elijah Harris, at Men at Work, you stepped into a new world. This is not SCCW, this the NYCW ! We're not in Miami, we're in New York city baby ! (The crowd erupts.)[/color] [color="darkred"]Coyote Dynamite : Harris, you might be good at attacking from behind, but tonight, we'll show this New York crowd that you're not man enough to take us front! We never backed down from a fight, we will never do! You won't touch these belts, not now, not in the future.[/color] [i]Rating = E+[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/nycw_tag.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/coyote.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/wiley.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/soulman.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/stewart.JPG[/IMG] [u][b]NYCW Tag Team Titles[/b] : Wiley Coyote (ch) vs Elijah Harris & Stewart Ranch[/u] Stewart Ranch is cleary the weak link in this match. For sure he can wrestle, but he's very green. His uncle knows that and tries to do all the work by himself, which works quite well for some time. The champs hits the second gear mid-match and the Soulman gets in trouble. He's clearly dominated, but he refuses to tag his nephew in. With Harris down, Ranch jumps on the occasion, blind tag and jumps in.... only to get manhandled. A Doomsday Device later and the champs retains. Winners and still champions : [b]Wiley Coyote[/b] in 6:36. [i]Rating = D-[/i] [As the champs go in the crowd to celebrate, Harris finaly gets up with an angry look on his face. Ranch tries to apologize, but Harris gets in his face with some harsh words we're glad your kids didn't hear. The Soulman slaps his nephew for his incomptence as Ranch cowers and backs down the ramp. Harris follows his footsteps still yelling at him.] [i]Rating = E-[/i] [Rock Downpour is in the ring with a referee as it's time for the All-American Sit-up challenge.] [color="purple"]Rock Downpour : Ladies and gentlemen, please stand up for the American Machine ![/color] [As the national anthem plays, American Machine makes his way to the ring to a big reaction from the crowd.] [color="purple"]Rock Downpour : Earlier this month, this man, the American Machine made an open challenge. He'll be trying to set a new sit-up record. Meanwhile, any man or woman in the attendance or in the back is more than welcome to climb in the ring and try to beat his record. Challengers... good luck ![/color] [American Machine finishs his warm-up routine and it's time for some sit-ups ! One, two, three, four... The referee is validating each one as Downpour tries to get the crowd to cheer. Nobody from the crowds jump over the fence to take the challenge, but someone is coming down the aisle from the back. The man steals the mic from Downpour hands.] [color="darkred"]??? : What the hell is going on here ? I thought it was a wrestling promotion, not a second rated circus of freaks... [/color] [American Machine gets up and tries to take the mic, but fails to grab it.] [color="darkred"]The Machine Dean Daniels : My name is The Machine Dean Daniels and I didn't get that name by doing some stupid workout challenges, I got it by chirurgically beating people in the ring. Seeing you, in this ring, calling yourself a machine makes me sick...[/color] [WHAM ! Daniels hits Machine between the eyes with the mic ! American Machine is down and dizzy, Daniels grabs hits him another time with the mic before getting him up in a suplex position... And he drops him on the head with a Brainbuster! American Machine is laying motionless in the ring ! Daniels gets in the face of the referee and orders him to the ring the bell.] [i]Rating = D for the challenge, E+ for the attack[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/usmachine.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/deandaniels.jpg[/IMG] [u]American Machine vs The Machine Dean Daniels[/u] Well, you can't really call this a match. Daniels simply gets the American Machine up, hits a Cradle Piledriver and covers him loosely as the referee counts to three. Winner : [b]Dean Daniels[/b] in 0:40. [i]Rating = D[/i] [Rock Downpour is now standing in the aisle with the NYCW Empire champion, Grandmaster Phunk.] [color="purple"]Rock Downpour : Grandmaster Phunk, do you have a quick work for your opponent Mean Jean Cattley before the match ?[/color] [color="navy"]Grandmaster Phunk : Cattley's been running his mouth lately, but he always fails to deliver in the ring. Tonight will not be different. Steve Flash is no longer here, Rick Sanders can barely stand up, but the Lady's King has made a lot of friends on the street over the years. Cattley's ass will be mine. And you know what I do with asses Rock ? I pimp them all night long![/color] [color="purple"]Rock Downpour : Grandmaster Phunk, thank you for your time and good luck![/color] [i]Rating = C+[/i] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/nycw_empire.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/phunk.jpg[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/meanjean.jpg[/IMG] [u][b]NYCW Empire title[/b] : Grandmaster Phunk (ch) vs Mean Jean Cattley (w/Derek Lynch)[/u] Another great wrestling main event. Cattley is very agressive early, but the champion seems to always have an answer which gets the challenger a little bit angry. Phunk plays it well and gets a couple near falls. Lynch tries to get involve to help his buddy, but the referee catchs him and sends him to the back. Lynch isn't happy and he's arguing with the ref, Cattley tries to calm him down as he has the match in control.... which is not really true as Phunk grabs from behind, connects with a Bridged German Suplex and gets a three count! Winner and still champion : [b]Grandmaster Phunk[/b] in 9:28. [i]Rating = D-[/i] [This month show ends with Cattley and Lynch throwing a fit outside the ring, mainly at the referee, as Grandmaster Phunk gets some beautiful ladies in the ring to dance with him.] [i]Rating = C-[/i] [u][b]Global Rating for tonight : D[/b][/u] - Another great night of wrestling in New York and, oh my god, I think I finnaly got the financial aspect of this in control. - Stewart Ranch is played by Kam Karagius, a worker that debuted last month. He's one of the RufusXP new worker. An all-around lightheavyweight prospect with a tons of potential, but a ****ty attitude.

April 2007 in review [center][size=5]April 2007 in review[/size][/center] [FONT="Arial Black"][b][u]NYCW[/u][/b][/font] - Land of Heroes was a great night of wrestling and I finally managed to get the financial side of my shows under control. We lost money, but it's only 2400$, so I think it's something we can do for some time until we grow a bit. - Steve Flash contrat ran out this month and The Stomper prevented me to resign me. It's a bid sad as Flash was willing to take a pay cut. [u]Week 1[/u] - Things are beginning to fall apart in USPW. Bruce is rumored to go when his contract expires and they didn't renew Shane Sneer contract. Well, I guess he'll have more time to concentrate on his RIPW booking duties. - CZCW Spring Break Bash was good show, but it started the wrong way when they had to stop the first match. Flying Jimmy Fox shattered his right elbow and will miss over a year of ring action. - Unemployed manager Jakki White Trash signed with CZCW. - For the 6th straight week, Sean McFly and Jeremy Stone competed in a A match. When it's for Sean's title, he wins, when it's not Jeremy wins. Maybe there's a storyline I'm missing there... - RK Hayes, and his A popularity all across Canada, signed an extension with NOTBPW. He's quite popular all around the world if you ask me (C+ in USA, D- in all other areas). - We have our first japanese A match of the year ! Yoshimi Mushashibo went over Bryan Vessey in the last PGHW show. [u]Week 2[/u] - I haven't talk about SWF or TCW TV shows for a while as there was no real news worthy of mention. It's bit different this week as one of the them finaly managed to produce something better than a C or C+ event. This week TCW Total Wrestling was nice B show. They took all the hosses out of the show except for BLZ Bubb who had a match with Cornell, it may explains why... - You can tell Bruce is leaving USPW as he lost the World Title to T-Rex at Freedom Fight. Still, it was a C- rated match. - Jeremiah Moose, resident CZCW jobber, signed an extension. - Raphael signed an extension with RIPW, but still hasn't manage to get SWF attention to grab a developmental contract. - A title changed hand last night in CGC : Destiny beat Eddie Chandler for his first Canadian Title. [u]Week 3[/u] - For the second straight week, TCW Total Wrestling was very good and got a B- grade. And Cornell didn't even wrestle! - Raul Darkness and Giant Tana signed a written extensions with TCW. - After 34 matchs so far this year in his heavy schedule, Dark Angle sustained an arm injury last night and will be out for 1 month. - Bryan Vessey and Yoshimi Mushashibo rematch was once again awesome and got a very good A grade. This time Vessey won, but he was later taken to the hospital with a burst appendix and will miss 1 month of action. - A huge loss for BHOTWG as the current World champion Hiroaki Nakasawa hurted his biceps and will miss 2 months. - BHOTWG didn't waste time and crowned a new World Champion as Koshiro Ino defeated Eiji Hamacho in a underachieving match (C+). It's a risky move as he's a well-known freelancer. It's also worth noting that Koshiro Ino is their current tag team champion with Tadakuni Toshusai. - CWWF crowned their first tag team champions as Two Aces (Wanda Fish & Katerine Goodlooks) defeated Raven Nightfall and Missy Masterson. [u]Week 4[/u] - TCW is on a roll, a third B- TV show in a row! - Bruce The Giant contract with USPW ran out and he's now a free agent. His popularity is still pretty stong (B+ in North America and A in Japan) and he should not be out of work for a long period. - Oscar Golden signed a new deal with MAW. - Some single success for Davey London who beat Daniel Philipps for the 21CW United Kingdom title.

Archived