poll time: views on show write-ups

poll time: views on show write-ups  

16 members have voted

1. 1. poll time: views on show write-ups

• style 1: my Dave diary
    • style 2: my wwe vs. wsx vs. the world
    • style 3: Real world wars
    • other- please post idea below

[B][U][SIZE="5"][CENTER]QUESTION TIME[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U][/B] my question is about my match writeups for shows and is one style prefered over the other. Asking here because I don't want to keep the actually diaries clean from responses to this question. (helps the flow of the diary). Plus I have really nothing to do at work style 1 is the play by play of danger and violence extreme. (post 11 is first show post) [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14689[/url] style 2 is the copy and paste of WWE vs. WSX vs. the world (post 10 is first show post) [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21448[/url] style 3 is the third party post show write-ups of Real World Wars (post 7 is first show post) [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22619[/url] All three have advantages and disadvantages to them in my opinion. What are your thoughts. Of course if you have another style or any other thoughts write them up too. Thanks

I love the DAVE style though I really like the Real World Wars one as well, It really depends on how much time you have to put into each of them as it comes down to getting the best quality without hurting the quantity of the shows. Which as it looks to me is the Real World Wars style. Though if time isn't a major factor in the decision I'd love to see the Real World Wars style for weekly shows and the more indepth DAVE style for "big" shows and inter promotional shows (if and when these exist)

[QUOTE=Wildcat;221874]I love the DAVE style though I really like the Real World Wars one as well, It really depends on how much time you have to put into each of them as it comes down to getting the best quality without hurting the quantity of the shows. Which as it looks to me is the Real World Wars style. Though if time isn't a major factor in the decision I'd love to see the Real World Wars style for weekly shows and the more indepth DAVE style for "big" shows and inter promotional shows (if and when these exist)[/QUOTE] Right now time is becoming a little more of a factor but its not a major factor by any means at this point (any reading I have for class can be done at work because all I do is sit at a desk and check people back into the dorm). Concerning time it actually takes to do write ups for shows DAVE takes the longest by far because of the style and because of fact that sometimes I just don't post the next piece because I am waiting to see if anyone has prediction. DAVE shows take about 5 days, (more or less depending on detail of matches) [COLOR="Red"]90 minutes shows 2 hour ppvs now, most have been 60 minute shows and 90 min ppvs[/COLOR] WWE vs. WSX vs. the world is a simple copy & paste no time at all. Anytime here is from deciding on what the next move should be based on reader feedback. Real World Wars does not take much time at all, maybe 30 minutes to do a write up. The time issue there will be actually putting the storylines into the game (I come up with my own mostly because even though the pre-made ones at great its too easy for people to know the final outcome) as well as deciding on the next move due to roster feedback.

Guest The Aussie
I'd say that the DAVE writeups are great but are sometimes a pain to read at times; I much prefer the Real World Wars style as it feels like a writeup from a magazine.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;221924]I'd say that the DAVE writeups are great but are sometimes a pain to read at times; I much prefer the Real World Wars style as it feels like a writeup from a magazine.[/QUOTE] thanks for your thoughts and keep sounding off with them as they help me fine tune the diaries. No real time table for "voting" as opinions are always welcome. Plus if this helps other writers in reading various thoughts that's fine too.

Style three. But with a lot more paragraphs! One match per paragraph would make it a much easier read. I used to read full match reports, but don't anymore. My first diary had full match reports, but I only ever progressed 8 months in that, and spent 10 times as long writing the diary playing the game. The shorter write ups defintely lead to a better playing / writing ratio.

[QUOTE=eayragt;221981]Style three. But with a lot more paragraphs! One match per paragraph would make it a much easier read. I used to read full match reports, but don't anymore. My first diary had full match reports, but I only ever progressed 8 months in that, and spent 10 times as long writing the diary playing the game. The shorter write ups defintely lead to a better playing / writing ratio.[/QUOTE] point taken, and I can agree with that statement about the time it takes to write the diary. If you look at the dates I started the DAVE diary back in June of 2006.

unless voting changes in a big way I am going to "unoffically" close voting for this sunday morning. looking at current voting and suggustions, I am leaning in the direction of wildcat's idea of [QUOTE=Wildcat;221874] I'd love to see the Real World Wars style for weekly shows and the more indepth DAVE style for "big" shows and inter promotional shows (if and when these exist)[/QUOTE] reason being this allows me to get shows out much faster and it also allows me to keep the "play by play" for ppvs which I write in attempts to make it feel like the reader is in the arena or in front of the tv. (even if it does get boring and repetative sometimes) again thanks for thoughts and if you still have more, send them

I strongly prefer infinity's method of writing shows in his Welcome to the Coastal Zone diaries. I typically check out the dynasties while I'm at work, and having pictures strewn about the screen makes it difficult to pass it off as research for work. Also, I do not find personally that the pictures add a whole lot to the telling of the story. I'll likely get flamed for that viewpoint, but seriously why are they needed? I will say that I loved USPW: People over 65 get in free dynasty until the pictures started showing up. The write ups just seemed to flow a lot better without the pictures.

[QUOTE=magichj;223974]I strongly prefer infinity's method of writing shows in his Welcome to the Coastal Zone diaries. I typically check out the dynasties while I'm at work, and having pictures strewn about the screen makes it difficult to pass it off as research for work. Also, I do not find personally that the pictures add a whole lot to the telling of the story. I'll likely get flamed for that viewpoint, but seriously why are they needed? I will say that I loved USPW: People over 65 get in free dynasty until the pictures started showing up. The write ups just seemed to flow a lot better without the pictures.[/QUOTE] thanks for your thoughts and at least I won't flame you with the obvious response.

Archived