Is there any way to not be booked in so many 4-on-4s?

I'd love for my guy to get to fight 1-on-1 a little more, but that seems to never happen! Can I control this somehow at all? It would be nice if I could ask from the "creative meeting" screen to book a fight with someone specific, or a specific fight type. But these damned 4-on-4s keep killing my overness :(

Sports Entertainment feds, in particular, are really annoying with those bookings (imo). If it isn't 4 v 4, it's 3 v. 3; if it's not 3 v. 3, it's handicap matches (with the wrestler handicapped being a lightweight, no less - heh). The only people safe, on SE rosters, are the Main Eventers. Anyone below that, and it can be Dread City. I'm hoping when/if Mr. Ryland gets into laying out Wrestling Spirit 2, he allows a tad more control over the booking. I don't want to run angles and interviews, and all that TEW jazz, but as a gameworld/scenario maker, I would like to put the kabosh on Pure and Traditional feds booking 4 v. 4 matches - and Sports Entertainment feds booking one midget against 2 super heavies. :) Thankfully, Mr. Ryland has mentioned that he does have an interest in a sequel. I'm sure many of these issues will be addressed. To heck with TEW, I say! Bring us WreSpi2! ;)

When I was just starting in SWF I was booked in 4 on 4's and 3 on 3's and almost all of them were elimination rules matches. Took me about half an hour in real time to do each because the opponents had energy in the 600's or 700's and my team was in the 200's or 300's. Good times.

At least I know it's not just me. Just got done with this doozy of a match: Xavier MacKiernan (me), Warlord Pain, Warlord Agony and Bart Biggz vs. Raul Hughes, Lobster Warrior, Jumbo Shrimp and Calamari Kid This was the fight from hell. All four of our guys got the crap knocked of of us ... but we did the same to the opposing four, leaving everyone in a haze of blood and pain through one of the longer fights I've been a part of. And 76:00 in, I got pinned by Raul Hughes, who was running on fumes himself. That was the FIRST exit, which gives you an idea of how f---ed up this match was. Bart Biggz managed to fall on top of Jumbo Shrimp (who was reeling from a series of DDTs, suplexes and backbreakers) to eliminate him 79:00 in. Then he went to town on Raul Hughes, wearing his body down so much that the ref called for a medical DQ with 83:00 expired! He then tagged in Warlord Agony to deal with Calamari Kid, who was medically DQ'd by the ref at 87:00 thanks to a DDT Warlord Pain laid on him. That left us in good shape, with a 3-1 advantage against poor Lobster Warrior, who somehow managed to PIN Warlord Pain at 88:00! Warlord Agony came in, and did a rolling suplex move on Lobster Warrior ... and the ref came in to medically DQ him as well! After 89:00, the match finally came to an end, with a solid crowd rating of "B" for our efforts.

jksander. the fact that you wrote an entire paragraph to describe a single match - even if it adds little to the conversation topic - shows that you enjoyed it somehow and go some excitement from the match that a 1on1 might not have provided you. So it ain't so bad after?!?! Back to the original post of this thread. I agree and its somewhat irritating to be put in so many 3vs3 and 4vs4. Its like the rosters are too big and it wants to make as many people wrestle. If thats the case, more feds with smaller roster might just do the trick. But then again, if you can win it, getting a B or B+ is very easy to do. Got a B+ for a 30-something minute match 3vs3 elimination the other day. The higher than average rating, mixed with having just won the match, makes it all worthwhile at the end - even if you never start the match too thrilled about the match. That is if you win it... which I often don't.

Well it was part of my diary ... so I wanted to write about it at least :) I just have a harder time with the 4-on-4s because it's harder to keep track of what damage I've done, and it makes having a strategy more difficult. But I make due. It's definitely a fun game :)

Archived