I just got my first "A" match!

So - what is your guys secret? I have to avoid pinning my opponent several times to even get the grade up to C+/B-... I only do moves with Wow factors.. none with zero in WOW... shouldn't that do the trick?

Not to take away from anyone's play style, as we all play for fun, but just think about that quote, [quote]My wrestler has a losing record, but he's put on so many good matches, he's #13 in the world![/quote]Look! Up in the Sky! It's a Bird! No, it's a Plane! It's... Super Jobber? ;) You have to remember, FanBoy, that A matches are very rare. jksander's character may be 13th in the world (Iron Mike Sharpe would be proud), but he's only put on one A match; C+/B- matches are still very good. The problem with working towards A matches (as you alluded to) is that you usually have to cat and mouse the opponent to death. I must not be very good at this game, as I almost never purposely avoid pinning people. Unless I am Andre the Giant v. Tiger Mask, I am far too worried that the opponent will hulk up and cream me. :) Frankly, I do not monitor move stats, as I personally think it takes away from the immersion of matches, but... WOW factors are not the end-all. There seems to be a lot of factors into 'legend matches' (A rated), though many of them would be promotion-style specific, perhaps; WOW ratings, Ouch/Stiffness, the amount of reversals, the percentage you are on offense (though thats not nearly as important), the PSY of everyone in the ring, how well the two wrestling styles match up, how 'good looking' you are (if working a Sports Entertainment fed), the percentage of leveled moves hit, drawing blood (if working hardcore promotions), etc. There's a lot that goes into it, from what I've read. Of course, I could be totally wrong on the minor points (blood in hardcore matches, for example) - but I do know that more than WOW plays into it.

Archived