Durability

Thinking about this last night, why do all sims have a "durability" attribute listed in the player card? Granted it should probably be factored into a game, but the coach has no clue what a player's chances for injury are. Case in point, did the Orioles, Mariners or Reds scouts ever write down that an up and coming prospect named Ken Griffey Jr. would spend considerable time on the disabled list while another guy named Cal Ripken Jr. would never get injured? I don't think a player's durability should be a visible attribute for us. If anything, perhaps an injury history of the player could be added, but its unrealistic to look at a particular fullback and think "He's only a 4 out of 10 durability guy, so I'll need a backup"

[QUOTE=Miral;222834]Thinking about this last night, why do all sims have a "durability" attribute listed in the player card? Granted it should probably be factored into a game, but the coach has no clue what a player's chances for injury are. Case in point, did the Orioles, Mariners or Reds scouts ever write down that an up and coming prospect named Ken Griffey Jr. would spend considerable time on the disabled list while another guy named Cal Ripken Jr. would never get injured? I don't think a player's durability should be a visible attribute for us. If anything, perhaps an injury history of the player could be added, but its unrealistic to look at a particular fullback and think "He's only a 4 out of 10 durability guy, so I'll need a backup"[/QUOTE] Good point, I think that would be a great idea. You would be able to pull up his player card, click a prior injuries tab and it would list all of his prior injuries (maybe even those he had in college, you would need a way to judge incoming talent's durability). You never know what will happen; just look at Willis McGahee and Frank Gore. McGahee had an injury many would not be able to recover from period, let alone in less than a year. Gore had multiple knee surgeries in college and has yet to be seriously injured in the NFL. Then there are a lot of guys who have injuries plague their career, Ki-Jana Carter, Dan Morgan, Terrell Davis, Kellen Winslow, etc.

Excellent Point, durability should be hidden I agree. A injury history similiar to what football manager has is much better. You should get a rating for staminia and fitness. You would assume players who have great staminia and fitness wouldn't be as injury prone. So for BB College and BB Pro, what we really want is the college game to track injury history of players. Then when you draft, you can see all his prior injuries. Then have tracked in pro's also.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;228020]There will be no visible durability ranking in the pro game. Instead, you will see an injury history for pro players. For incoming college players, there will be another way we handle this and I think people will like it.[/QUOTE] Awsome Arlie:D

Archived