Dave Vonner's rise from the gutter

[color=darkred][b][u]May 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I was in a 2 on 2 Tables (One Fall) Match, Chris Carter and Chick Donovan vs. myself and Chavo Sr. But Chavo wasn't able to spend much time in the ring due to some injuries he'd suffered, so I had to do the bulk of the work. Which hurt us, when (with 13:00 elapsed) Carter hit me with a piledriver through the table to end the match. This one drew a "C+" rating from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I did not fight on PNW Around the Horn.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW's "Big Time Wrestling" I was just about to fight Ed Wiskowski [b]in a 1 on 1 30 minute[/color] [color=red]TITLE MATCH[/color][/b] [color=sienna] (for the [/color][color=darkorchid][b]PNW Television Title[/b][/color]) [color=sienna] when Rick Patterson ambushed me outside the ring and took out my knee with a baseball bat shot! I vowed to worry about him later, and see what I could manage with my legs shot. Luckily most of my better moves rely more on arm strength than anything. I did an admirable job considering, and Ed didn't do much to take out my legs completely, but there were many good moves I couldn't pull off -- so though I severely punished him with my arm and body strength, I lost my first title shot when he hit me with a Flying Forearm Smash and I fell on my bad knee. The pain nearly knocked me cold, and he easily pinned me to win 11:00 in. The crowd rated it a "C+" match. This was Ed's second successful defense of the PNW Television Title.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked tonight for "Renegade Rampage" on CWA.[/color]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[color=darkred][b][u]May 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I took on Chris Carter (a casual friend of mine) and it took me 24:00 to win the match by medical DQ as I had hammered him mercilessly! He just would not go down, and it was his own fault (in my opinion) that he had to take so much abuse. He could have fallen earlier. The match drew a "B+" rating, and should help my US overness.[/color [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW Around The Horn, I took on Rick Patterson in a 1 on 1 30 Minute Time Limit Grudge Match! I wasted no time in making the son of a bitch pay for costing me a title bout! I hit him with the fireball and then pinned him as he lay prone on the mat, only semiconscious! The fans gave it a "C" mostly because everyone loves a good flamethrower move. I'm just amazed the ref didn't call me on it![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I was placed in a 2 on 2 battle against Ken Shamrock and Mark Calloway, with my partner Sunny War Cloud. And embarassingly I got pinned eight minutes in by Mark Calloway, who is hardly in my league. The match drew a "C" rating due to the underdog aspect, but the crowd clearly was displeased that I lost so soon.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight's the PNW "Anniversary Show" and I get a rematch against Ed Wiskowski! for the[/color][color=darkorchid] [b]PNW Television Title![/b][/color][color=sienna] This was an amazing battle, one you'll have to buy the video to get full enjoyment out of it ... but I couldn't pin him, and I was holding back in the final moments, trying not to medically DQ him (because I then would have forfeited the title). So he hit me with a double arm DDT with 24:00 expired, pinning me and holding on to his belt. The match drew a "B+" rating from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked on "Renegade Rampage" For CWA. And I have decided I want to focus on PNW and my title hopes, so I've let Lawler and Jarrett know that I'm leaving CWA effective immediately.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 26-50 [b]Overness[/b] US ([b]18%[/b]) [b]EVEN[/b] Canada ([b]16%[/b]) [b]EVEN[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 20% ([b]-4[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 8% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 29% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 18% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 84% ([b]+9[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 26% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 29% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 10% ([b]+1[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]June 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]Tonight I took on Jeff Costa as the main event of PNW Around The Horn! I had him pinned 15:00 in, thanks to a massive fireball (quickly becoming another of my signature moves!) but Rick Patterson burst in and broek up my pinfall, and I had to keep things going. It took me ten more minutes to wear him down to the point where the ref had to step in for the medical DQ. The match drew a "B+" rating![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]Assassin challenged me in the main event tonight, and I was doing a great job, when again Patterson ruined my fireball pinfall! I made a few more strong moves, then pulled the fireball again ... and then went for the brass knuckles to finish him off. But the damned ref caught me and DQ'd me for cheating. The match drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]June 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]Tonight's main event featured me against Yvon Cormier! Ten minutes in, I hit the fireball and Patterson AGAIN INTERFERED! I swear! How long do I have to put up with this, before we get another feud battle to end it all? Cormier recovered after Patterson saved his sorry ass, and he pinned ME with 11:00 expired. Goddamned punk, interfering with my matches all the time ... I'll tear him down a peg, I swear it! The match drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]Tonight's PNW "Big Time Wrestling" was taped quickly, with just three main matches. The more important event was the night's big monthly blowout at the Portland Sports Arena! I got my rematch against Ed Wiskowski for the [/color][color=darkorchid][b]Television Title[/b][/color][color=sienna], but it was a horrible bout I'd rather forget. He pinned me in five minutes, got a "C" rating from the crowd, and for the third time in a row, I failed to take the title.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]June 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I get a rematch against Yvon Cormier. Last time I had him beat, then was interferred with by Patterson, so I'm anxious to win this one. But he hammered me from the start, and I stayed off balance, unable to hit my primary moves -- so he killed me with a leaping piledriver eight minutes in, ending the match with a weak "C" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I didn't get a match tonight on PNW's "Big Time Wrestling."[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]June 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I didn't wrestle tonight on PNW "Around The Horn."[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW's "Big Time Wrestling," I get a fight against Rick Patterson to hopefully end this stupid feud once and for all! But damn it, he came close to going down on several occasions, but then rallied and pinned me at 11:00 with a Uranage Slam! The match got a "C+" and the feud goes on ...[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]July 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Another rematch against Yvon Cormier for me, while Michael Kirschner will get to challenge Ed Wiskowski for the Television title. But I was attacked by Patterson before the match, and he broke my arm with a wrench! I lasted 14:00 and then felt too worn down to even continue, so I asked for a medical emergency end to the match to protect my safety. Yvon Cormier got the win, and the match drew a "C+" rating. Meanwhile, Ed Wiskowski succesfully defended the Television Title for the fifth time, against Kirschner.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]I was not booked to fight on Big Time Wrestling because of tonight's Portland Sports Arena Blowout in which they've given me yet another shot at Cormier (due to last night's unfortunate beatdown by Patterson). The match was grueling AND brutal, but this time I went with my old strategy. If I cant win, get him DQ'd! The ref finally had to come in 22:00 into the match to announce that Cormier was no longer fit to defend! Medical DQ, and I took home the victory, and the fans gave it a rousing "B+" rating. And the win snapped my six match losing streak.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]July 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I've got another shot at Ed Wiskowski for the [/color][color=darkorchid][b]Television Title[/b][/color][color=sienna]. And this time when I realized I couldn't pin him, I went ahead and went for the medical DQ, hammering the son of a bitch until he was damned near crying on the mat. 18:00 in, the ref came over and told him it was over. I won the match, and got a "B-" for my efforts -- and I got the title, after Don Owen decided that in a mismatched scenario like I was in against Wiskowski a medical DQ should allow the title to pass! I can't bloody believe it, this is amazing![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]I got the night off to celebrate my title win![/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Today Don Owen called me into his office to discuss renegotiations. "As you're the Television Champion, we would love to keep you around long term ... you've done good things for this fed, and you deserve rewards," he told me. "What would you say about $271 per appearance for six months?" Truthfully, I didn't have to think about it at all! What would I have to lose? So I signed, and my six month contract begins immediately![/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]July 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW Around The Horn, Ed Wiskowski challenged me for the Television Title! And damned if I didn’t want to hold onto it for longer than a week. And I had him on the ropes when I f---ed up and hit the roll of quarters punch with a ref who would take no nonsense! I was disqualified 9:00 in, got a "C" rating, but the title did NOT change hands! I, of course, don't get a "successful defense" but at least I didn't lose the belt.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked tonight on PNW's "Big Time Wrestling".[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]July 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked on "PNW Around The Horn" this week.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I fought Fred Ottman on "Big Time Wrestling" for the Television Title. I retained the belt by beating him into submission; he required a medical DQ 16:00 in! The match drew a "B-" rating from the fans. I could have won it outright 11:00 in with the brass knuckles punch, but good ole Patterson busted in and broke up the pinfall attempt, so I wound up going the long way around rather than risk pissing off the ref.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 30-57 (4-7 June / July) [b]Overness[/b] [b]US[/b] (23%) [b]+5%[/b] [b]Canada[/b] (16%) [b]EVEN[/b] [b]Titles[/b] PNW Television ([b]Defense: 1[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 24% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 8% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 29% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 18% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 89% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 27% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 21% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 30% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 11% ([b]+1[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]August 1984[/b][/u] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ed Wiskowski wants another shot at me and the Television Title! I had several chances to get the win outright, but he's a tough bastard, and even a perfectly executed fireball wouldn't pin him! So I went with "Plan B" and made sure he couldn't move by the end of the match. Medical DQ at the 18:00 mark, and it was all over with a "B-" from the fans. I had again defended the title successfully, against the man who held it for over three months, a PNW record! That should boost my overness ... [/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Got the night off, got to sit back and enjoy some great matchups, including the perfect main event, Rick Patterson vs. Doug Furnas. It's always nice to be able to sit back, slug a few beers and enjoy the world of wrestling. And it's not like I need to work every night just to make ends meet (not making $271 a show, anyway) ;)[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got a call yesterday from Jim Barnett, offering me an auditon tonight on Georgia Championship Wrestling! I'll be facing Scott "Hog" Irwin in a 1 on 1 bout. He pinned me in ten minutes, with a vertical suplex Gourdbuster, and the crowd gave it a "C+". I wasn't sure what to expect from that kind of audition performance. But I can now count Scott Irwin as a friend, he apparently talked me up quite a bit after the match, and Barnett offered me $80 per appearance for a year, as enhancement talent. I graciously turned him down, figuring I'm better off not spreading myself too thin, and besides, why start at the bottom of GCW, when I can keep working the main event two nights a week for PNW? I can always re-audition when my overness rises after a few more title defenses.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]August 1984[/b][/u] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Yvon Cormier wants a shot at me now that I have the TV title. He only lasted 22 minutes against me, and that was with me toying with him for a few extra minutes to try out a new move or two ... then I went for the kill, and he went out with a medical DQ. My third successful defense of the TV title drew a "B+" rating from the fans![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight John Nord challenged me for the TV title, and quite frankly I felt it was too soon for him to be going for it. I decided to make it quick, and pinned him at 13:00 with the fireball. The match drew a "C+" rating from the fans.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]August 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Once again, Ed Wiskowski has decided he can beat me for the TV title, and once again I told him to step back! Though this time around he did a lot more damage to ME than usual, which meant that even though I had him on the ropes, I had a difficult time finishing him off. After the first 20:00, it became anyone's contest. But finally, after 26 long minutes, I hit my final Flying Vonner Slam and the ref medically DQ'd him! The crowd gave this (my fifth defense of the title) an "A" rating, suggesting they agreed it was one of my better performances![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm fighting another "feud" bout against Rick Patterson, this time an opening rounder ... and I have to win, as it's for the Television belt! No f---ing way I'm losing it to that hack! And in one of the most infuriating matches I've ever been a part of, Patterson proved repeatedly that he had the ref in his pocket. When, late in the match, I got a chance to let loose, I hit him with the fireball, the first risky move on my part (against perhaps thirty of his) and got DQ'd! The title won't change hands, but I lost another match to the dick, and I'm not happy about it! The fans gave it a "B-" rating.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]August 1984[/b][/u] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I got booked in a 2 on 2 30 Minute Time Limit match: me and Ken Mantell vs. Ed Wiskowski and Yvon Cormier. The four of us went at each other hard through the entire thirty minutes, and finally the ref had to end the match due to the time limit. The first two judges chose me and Mantell as the winners, while the third judge (who really didn't matter) chose Ed Wiskowski and Yvon Cormier. But the first two settled it, and me and Mantell left the rings with our arms raised high! The match drew a "B" rating from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I guess Don Owen can't find anyone better to pit against me, as I'm being challenged by "Easy Ed" Wiskowski yet again for the Television title! But the match got out of control quickly, and Wiskowski is definitely one of the toughest fighters I've continued to take on ... and 27:00 into the match, he hit me with a shocking Double Arm DDT, winning the match by pinfall and taking my title. The match drew another "A" rating, and I'm told that Owen's been planning a video release of my TV title matches, several of which (including this one) he says could become classics. Excuse me though, while I mourn the loss of my title.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Rick Patterson left PNW, so our feud came to an end. I'm somewhat pissed, because I've never gotten to have a feud play out, the guy always pussies out and moves on. Meanwhile, tonight on PNW's "Portland Expo Center Event" I faced Fred Ottman in the upper-midcard match. He beat me in 11:00, an embarassing loss that is bound to hurt my overness. I'd rather not talk about it. The match drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 35-61 (5-4 August) [b]Overness[/b] [b]US[/b] (30%) [b]+7[/b] [b]Canada[/b] (16%) [b]EVEN[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 26% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 8% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 30% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 19% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 89% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 28% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 23% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 32% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 12% ([b]+1[/b])[/color][/center] [color=darkred][b][u]September 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked to fight on PNW Around The Horn.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Got booked in a lousy 2 on 2 matchup: me and John Nord against two unknown female wrestlers, Rhonda Campbell and Roberta Runnels. But the two chicks could apparently fight long after their faces said "I've had all I can take." Because it was 29:00 before I could get Rhonda Campbell to go down via a Goodnight Irene submission move. The match got a "B+" overall rating from the fans.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]September 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW Around The Horn I took on Art Barr. He beat me in 12 minutes by using wrist tape to choke me while he then performed the camel clutch! F---ing bastard ... the match drew a "C+" but deserved far worse.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight's my shot at redemption after crap fights like last night ... I'm up against Moose Morowski in the main event! Shockingly, it only took me seven minutes of pounding on him to keep poor Moose off his edge, and I was able to hit him with the Goodnight Irene, getting the submission! The fans gave it a "C" because it was too quick, but I don't care ... against a guy who's bigger and tougher than you, a win's a win![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]September 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW Around The Horn, I took on Chris Carter in the upper midcard match. But Moose Morowski showed up pre-match and broke my arm with a monkey wrench! Guess he WAS pissed about how quick I beat him. Either way, I still had a fight to win ... I had the ringside doctor put the bone back in place, wrap it up, and I was back in the ring! And boy did I put on an amazing fight ... 16:00 in, after slamming him around one handed the entire time, I managed to hit a brass knuckles punch while the ref wasn't looking, and he was down for the count! I won the fight, and the fans gave it a "B-" rating![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Chris Carter wanted a rematch, a chance to fight me uninjured ... so I obliged. Too bad this time he came out surprisingly aggressive, and 16:00 in, he hit me with a high cross body move, pinning me and ending the match. The crowd gave it a "B-".[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]September 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked tonight on PNW Around The Horn.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Big Time Wrestling and the Portland Sports Arena Blowout had to be cancelled last night, as too many of our wrestlers chose to fight elsewhere. How disappointing![/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 38-63 (3-2 September) [b]Overness[/b] [b]US[/b] (30%) [b]EVEN[/b] [b]Canada[/b] (16%) [b]EVEN[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 26% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 8% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 31% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 91% ([b]+2%[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 28% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 24% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 33% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 13% ([b]+1[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]October 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked tonight on PNW Around The Horn.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I fought Doug Furnas in the main event of Big Time Wrestling. I did my usual thing, got him off balance and then quickly hit the fireball -- but he was saved by Percy Pringle III, his manager, who pulled me off him before the count could be delivered. No matter! I just waited a moment and caught him in a Goodnight Irene sleeper hold and it was lights out, bitch! The crowd gave it a "B-" rating.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]October 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Wow! Tonight I get my next big shot, against Raymond Rougeau for the PNW Heavyweight Title! What no one expected was for me to dominate so completely that a fireball six minutes in would leave Rougeau unable to avoid pinfall! I won the belt and this match drew a "C" rating ... and just think, he'd held the belt through seven successful defenses since MAY! That's a hell of a title run!)[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I was immediately challenged by Juan Rodriguez, though he will NOT be getting a title shot. It only took me 18:00 to beat the poor guy into submission (by which I mean the ref came out and medically DQ'd him). But credit is due -- he did stand up well against me, refusing to fall no matter what I hit him with. And I think I hit him with most of my arsenal by the end of the night! The fans gave it a "B-" overall.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]October 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I took on Angel Acevedo in the PNW Around The Horn main event! This time the PNW Heavyweight Title is on the line, and this will be a tough one, as I don't believe I've ever managed to beat Acevedo! But maybe I was just too young and inexperienced when I faced him before, because it only took me 10 minutes and a fireball to deconstruct him and hold onto my title! The fans gave it a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Big Time Wrestling had to be cancelled this week.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]October 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I fought Randy Rich in the Around The Horn main event. Somehow he had convinced Don Owen to make this a belt match, though I don't think he's nearly ready ... but I was wrong! This kid can fight ... he put up a hell of a match, and I couldn't pull off the win until 27:00 in, when I had him worn to the point he needed a medical DQ! The fans absolutely loved it, and gave us an "A" for an all-out amazing bout![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]The Portland Sports Arena Blowout had to be cancelled. That's the second straight month in which our big event didn't have enough workers to be successful. I'm starting to think that Don Owen no longer has the ability to draw quality workers to this region. Could the Pacific Northwest region be dying?[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 43-63 (5-0, October) [u][b]Titles[/b][/u] [b]PNW Heavyweight[/b] (Defense: 2) [u][b]Overness[/b][/u] [b]US[/b] (32%) +2 [b]Canada[/b] (16%) EVEN [b]Spirit[/b]: 29% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 9% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 32% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 91% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 29% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 25% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 21% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 21% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 34% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 14% ([b]+1[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=Navy][b]Is anyone still reading this? If so, let me know what you think ... I've gone through a year now, interested in any suggestions you all may have :) Jonathan.[/color][/b] [color=darkred][b][u]November 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Got two interesting calls today! Seems Vince McMahon wants me to try out for a potential spot on the WWF's roster, and Carlos Colon (of World Wrestling Council in Mexico) also wants me to try out! Could this be my big break?[/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I had to skip PNW Around The Horn for my WWF audition, and I'm not a bit sorry. I'll be trying out against Rocky Johnson, also known as "The Soulman" ... a fan favorite who is super-over in the US and who has twice the wrestling spirit I have. Let's hope I don't fall on my face. As it turned out, I got plenty of chances to showcase the moves that had made me a success in PNW bouts over the last few months. But Rocky Johnson didn't have any trouble pinning me at the 13:00 mark with the leaping piledriver, ending the match with a "C+" rating. I had no idea what Vince McMahon would think of a fight like this ... but Johnson seemed like a nice guy, he even let me hang around with him at ringside after our match as we watched the rest of the show. The big shock came later that night when Vince himself called me back to his office. He told me he thought I'd make an exciting addition to the WWF's roster as Enhancement Talent, and he offered me a WRITTEN contract worth $960 per month over the next eighteen months! After thinking about it for all of five seconds, I decided I had nothing to lose, and signed on the line! He said he'd see me in two weeks, once I finish my commitment to PNW. We shook hands, and I embarked on a new chapter in my life as a wrestler.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked tonight on PNW's "Big Time Wrestling".[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]November 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked on PNW Around The Horn.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked on "Big Time Wrestling." I guess Don Owen's going to hold a grudge, and won't give me a chance to lose the belt gracefully ... instead, he'd rather vacate it and kick my ass out the door. Fine by me, if that's the way he wants to thank me for sticking by him through months of sporadic bookings and cancelled shows.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]November 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]That's it for PNW ... I waited for a call, but didn't get a final fight on Around The Horn. I packed my bags, and made the move to Connecticut where I'll be joining the WWF for good.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "WWF In Your Neighborhood" I was given an opener match against Jules Strongbow in a Tables (One Fall) Match. I won the match quickly when I countered a tomahawk chop with a bodyslam through the in-ring table at the 5:00 mark, earning a "C" rating from the fans![/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight's the Survivor Series for the WWF, and I'm in the first match against Rene Goulet, and I wowed the crowd by pinning him 9:00 in following a massive fireball! The match drew a "C" rating from the fans.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]November 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "Tuesday Night Titans" tonight, I got a rematch against Rene Goulet, much further up the card than I'd expected (it's more like a midcard bout!) This time around he lasted all of 12 minutes, before I got tired of toying with him, blasted the fireball, and then pinned him before the ref knew what had happened! This time around, the crowd gave it a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I had a rematch against Jules Strongbow as a low midcard bout. I had him damned near beat, then I got stupid and threw the brass knuckles punch when I thought the ref's head was turned. He DQ'd me, Strongbow won the bout, and I got my first non-tryout loss for the WWF. The match only lasted 12:00, and the fans gave it a "C+" anyway.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 46-65 (3-2 November) [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b] (33%) [b]+1[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 33% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 10% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 35% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 22% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 91% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 28% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 23% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 24% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 40% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 16% ([b]+2[/b])[/center][/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]December 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]I've just got to keep winning matches, as it's clear that the WWF isn't quite sure what to do with me yet. They've got me booked tonight on Tuesday Night Titans against Rene Goulet ... again. But hey, you take what you get in this business. The match, however, was spectacular for me ... I took full advantage of the fact that this was a no disqualifications match, hitting him with a pair of brutal fireballs knowing that I couldn't be penalized and he couldn't really handle it ... then I went out, pushed the table in and hit the Flying Vonner Slam through it, breaking his nose and ending the match (since it was a Tables, One Fall match). The crowd gave the 11:00 battle a "C+".[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I was put in a 2 on 2 bout with Nikolai Volkoff against Tony Garea and Chief Jay Strongbow! But neither of my opponents would fall, and Volkoff was putting on a crappy performance, so I came back out and clocked Strongbow with the brass knuckles ... and got DQ'd by the ref. The match lasted 26:00 and got us a "B" rating from the crowd.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]December 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I took on Jules Strongbow again in a midcard match, a grueling example of why I need to work on some more finishers that aren't all based on cheating. When I couldn't finish Strongbow off, and he and I had both pissed the ref off enough with illegal moves, I had no choice but to go for the medical DQ ... and I didn't get there, as he pinned me at the 22:00 mark with a simple piledriver. Damn! The match did get a "B+" rating though from the fans. So it wasn't a total loss.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Tony Garea in a midcard match. I was working to add in a few new moves I've been working on, and the experimenting spread me too thin I guess. Garea pinned me in 12:00 with a leaping piledriver to take the match and earn a "C+" from the fans. I, meanwhile, will be spending some serious time with my trainer to make sure I get these moves down pat before I have to fight again. It's important to have a variety of moves, I've been depending on too few ... but I also don't want the new moves to become achilles heels.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]December 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Got a rematch against Garea tonight, and it's all about first blood. And that's the hardest match to win, in my opinion. He pulled it off in 14:00, hitting me with an enziguri kick to the head that made my nose bleed. Seems a cheap way for a match to end ... and I guess the fans agreed, giving it only a "C+".[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I was in a 2 on 2 bout with me and Tiger Chung Lee against S.D. Jones and Chief Jay Strongbow, a clear mismatch favoring our opponents. So I figured it'd be interesting to see how we stood up. As it turned out, we both fought well, but it was I who was pinned 19:00 in due to a "Big Splash" by S.D. Jones. The match drew a "B-" and I was so disappointed afterwards. We were SO CLOSE, but couldn't pull it out ... if I could have had a few more whacks at Strongbow instead, we would have easily won. But that's life I guess.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]December 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight on Tuesday Night Titans, I'm fighting Jules Strongbow again. And I can sum this one up in three simple words: FIGHT FROM HELL. I got him on the ropes, but couldn't land a f---ing finisher. He was on the ropes, which meant he couldn't land ANYTHING. So the two of us duked it out for far longer than I have the endurance for, and I was constantly nervous that he'd somehow come from the brink of death to eliminate ME, which would have seriously blown. So of COURSE the fans absolutely loved it ... finally at 41:00 I hit him with a legsweep snap pinfall (which failed) and the ref came in and declared Strongbow unfit to put up a defense. The match (the longest solo match of my CAREER) ended with the victory in my hand and an "A" match hard earned by me AND Strongbow.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]I feel like I'm stuck in a warp ... tonight on WWF In Your Neighborhood my opponent was Tony Garea, and I'm beginning to wonder if they have any other fighters to take on enhancement talent around here -- that, and wondering when I'll be moving beyond the level of enhancement talent anyway. Either way, too exhausted from last night's marathon, I wanted to end this one quickly and painfully for Garea, so I could get out of here for the long holiday weekend. Instead, against all f---ing odds (and thanks to his goddamned manager's interferrence!) he managed to get me to submit in 10 minutes thanks to a Boston Crab. The crowd gave it a "C+" but they clearly wanted a repeat of the epic they'd heard about last night.[/color] [color=darkred][b]End of year accolades[/b][/color] - [color=Navy]I was notified by those behind the Top 500 Wrestlers List that because of my reputation fo rputting on amazing matches (despite my win loss record) they've listed me at #8 this year in the ENTIRE WORLD! So why does McMahon have me still jobbing as an enhancement talent?[/color] [color=darkred][b]Finances[/b][/color] - [color=Navy]This year I earned a grand total of $11,152, and spent only $6,000 on living expenses. Which means I've now added to my savings to the point that I now have $15,232 in the bank! I did not have to pay taxes, as my profits this year were less than $16,000.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 48-71 (2-6 December) [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b] (36%) [b]+3[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 35% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 11% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 36% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 23% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 93% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 29% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 23% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 24% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 41% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 17% ([b]+1[/b])[/color][/center]

I just noticed your 'Is anyone still reading this?' and I have been from the start. Its the only Diary I read, now back to reading it from after your little message, ey. HTML makes it so much nicer to read. Good job! :D

As usual, you are doing a great job. Vince will figure it out in the end and give you more of a push. We'll see when it comes time to renew your contract. Have you tried to set up a feud with someone at WWF? That might get you going so that McMahon would know where to go with your talent. You might also look for a manager there to help you with any interviews that might come up in the future.

[QUOTE=jksander]I'm not over enough for a feud or manager. And don't worry, folks, I haven't given up on this one ... I just took a break from WreSpi so I wouldn't burn out on the game :)[/QUOTE] The amount of overness for a manager must be different for each territory, I guess. When I was wrestling as Charlie Brown I was able to get Miss Linda as a manager and I only had an overness of 15. I might have also gotten Miss Linda to manage me because I also asked, and gotten, Rick Steiner as a regular tag team partner.

[QUOTE=captainlou]The amount of overness for a manager must be different for each territory, I guess. When I was wrestling as Charlie Brown I was able to get Miss Linda as a manager and I only had an overness of 15. I might have also gotten Miss Linda to manage me because I also asked, and gotten, Rick Steiner as a regular tag team partner.[/QUOTE] You need to be Midcard position(or lower, I forget) And you're in differant positions for each territory, Depending on it's Global status. So you must've been in A smaller federation then him. Glad to clear that up! Either way, Great diary. The way you write looks so easy but yet it takes so much work. It's so good. Please keep this up, It's freakin' amazing. Good work, and congrats on the WWF contract and the top ten spot on the 500.

• 1 month later...
[center][color=darkgreen][b]Yes I know, it's been a hell of a long time since I did anything with this diary. Just be glad I could find all the files and s---, my computer's a mess of discarded game files and such ;)[/b][/color][/center] [color=darkred][b][u]January 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm taking on Rene Goulet in an upper midcard match (my 120th career match, btw) on Tuesday Night Titans! This was a great battle, in which we both nailed each other with our biggest signature moves and yet wouldn't fall down! But he finally got me down with a leaping piledriver at the 22:00 mark, sending me sprawling to the mat bleeding from the head. I passed out as I watched him dancing in the ring, and it was hours later before I knew the match got a "B+" rating from the fans and the fed.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on WWF In Your Neighborhood I've been told the fed wants me to turn face, and my first match in that regard will be against Jules Strongbow! I had him on the ropes early, but he came out of nowhere with a small package and nailed me. He must have hit the same spot Goulet did last night, because at that moment (10:00 in) I was out cold again. The match drew a "C+" rating. But I hear the crowd really felt for me, and Strongbow looked like he cheated even though the move was completely legit. Which is exactly the kind of thing we were going for apparently.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]January 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on Tuesday Night Titans I'm in a three on two: Rene Goulet, Tiger Chung Lee and Tony Garea against me and S.D. Jones! But I wasn't used to this kind of match, and treated it like a one on one, beating the living hell out of Rene Goulet to the point that I had him cold and hit him with the pancake facebuster, sending him flying. He was out of it, and the match ended with a "D" ... I couldn't explain to anyone why he didn't just tag out. There was no way I could have taken on everyone, right? But I'll get blamed for the 3:00 match, despite that fact that he could have just tagged out. But he never even TRIED.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got an overness boost from last night's fight (perhaps due to the constant re-showing of the knockout blow that the WWF kept showing throughout the rest of the show). Tonight they've got me fighting Don Kernodle in a midcard match for In Your Neighborhood. I had him on the ropes, and then he enraged the crowd by nailing me with the Brass Knuckles, nearly rupturing an eardrum. I went down like a sack of bricks. The match drew a "B-" rating from the fans, lasting 16:00.[/color] [CENTER][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 49-74 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b] (36%) [b]EVEN[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 34% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 11% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 37% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 23% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 29% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 21% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 25% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 41% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 17% ([b]EVEN[/b])[/CENTER][/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]January 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I get a rematch against Jules Strongbow. But this one wasn't a lot of fun, as I worked my ass off to get him into submission only to fall against the small package. The match ended at 12:00 with a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Rene Goulet again (man I wish they'd give me some varying opponents!) But this time I was tired of f---ing around. I waited until I had him nice and tired, and then I stunned him into submission by performing a perfect Weaver Lock! The match was over in 10:00, and got a "C+" rating from the fans who I think were glad to see me finally beat Goulet in a good match.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]January 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]F---! Another match against Strongbow! This time it's a first blood match. Bad news, because I only have a few moves that cause blood quickly, and he has so many moves I'm not always ready for. This time, 9:00 in, he hit me with a dance flurry and busted my head open. The match drew a "C" but I wasn't happy at all. This pissy booking's going to drive me insane![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]McMahon must hate me. I'm in ANOTHER match with Strongbow tonight, and this time just for kicks it's a cage match, which totally doesn't play to my strengths. But with 10:00 gone and Strongbow reeling from an Enziguri Kick to the face, I managed to go over and out, ending the match with a win and a "C+" rating! The crowd loved it, maybe this underdog thing can work for me now that I'm a babyface ... [/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight's the big Madison Square Garden Big Show! I've been booked in a four on four match. Don Kernodle, Nikolai Volkoff, Rene Goulet and Tiger Chung Lee against me, S.D. Jones, Chief J Strongbow and Tony Garea. Basic rules apply. After all the others took their turn in the ring, I came out with 11:00 expired and hammered on Goulet. He hit me with a punch flurry a few minutes in, then climbed the rope and tried to hit me with a Flying Standing Elbow Smash, but I countered with the Spinning Death Valley Driver and pinned him at 13:00! No one saw it coming! The crowd gave this one a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]February 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight a tag match: me and Tiger Chung Lee against Jules Strongbow and Mr. Wrestling! And it's a Tables (One Fall) match. I think we can take Strongbow, but Mr. Wrestling may be out of our league. Lee opens the match against Strongbow, but I tagged in three minutes later when nothing seemed to be happening (hey, perhaps I could shake things up ... I'd hope). I wore him down quickly, but he tagged out 8:00 in and I was up against Mr. Wrestling (Spirit: 72). Fortunately I was still fighting strong! I kept at him hard but made little difference in his initial conditio. Nor could I get him through that f---ing table. So with 15:00 expired, I sent Lee back in fully rested. He fought for ten minutes, then I came back in, desperate to get the win, and when Mr. Wrestling tagged out, I countered Strongbow's War Dance Flurry attempt with a bodyslam through the in-ring table! The match ended with a "B-" overall rating and the crowd in a complete uproar after 30:00![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I was rewarded for last night's win with a midcard match against Chief Jay Strongbow, uncle of Jules. It's a cage escape match, not my favorite but I think I can pull it out. In the first thirteen minutes I hammered at him, attempting escapes every few minutes but to no avail. But I did a lot of damage to his legs, arms and head, and changed tactics to continue that pain infliction. If I couldn't escape, perhaps I could knock the big brute out by medical DQ! But as close as I got, he still somehow managed to climb over and out, with one arm dangling limp behind him! The match ended at 26:00 with an "A" rating from the crowd, which was rowdier than I've EVER seen![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]February 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Back to normal. They've got me up against Jules Strongbow, who I got to submit to the Weaver Lock in a by the books match after just 11:00! The match drew a "C+" but I don't care that it's lower than usual. Quite frankly I'm sick of fighting this guy! Give me a challenge, McMahon![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ah, tonight I'm up against Tiger Chung Lee in an upper midcard match! It's a first blood bout, so I've got to be careful. It took me eighteen minutes to wear him down, but I finally got him distracted and slammed him in the head with the brass knuckles, FINALLY drawing blood! The match came to an end, the crowd gave it a "B-" and my improvement streak continues![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]February 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ooh! My big shot! I got a midcard solo match against Mr. Wrestling, which I'll take even though it's a cage escape match. I made some big moves, but couldn't do anything to him when he decided to climb out after 10:00 ... pissed me off too, he could have fought harder than that, but he decided to quit like a bitch before even doing any serious damage to me! The fans gave it a "C+" but seemed as disappointed in the ending as I was.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight Chaos Theory (my tag team with Tony Garea) took on Rene Goulet and Don Kernodle. The fight went pretty well, but our team was clearly outmatched. Goulet took me down 17:00 in with a leaping piledriver, and it was over with a "B-" rating.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]February 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I get another chance against Mr. Wrestling! This time it's a first blood match. And boy was I shocked when a simple Springboard Back Elbow drew blood as I performed it 9:00 into the match! I didn't think I'd hit it that hard, but I won the match with the move, stunning the crowd and the guy I'd just bloodied! The match drew a "C" rating, but the prestige I'll get from beating Mr. Wrestling should really help me fit in here in the WWF![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Don Kernodle in an everyday 1 on 1 match! Kernodle wasn't ready for a fair match, however, and had to down me 10:00 in with brass knuckles. The fans were pissed, the ref was pissed (but somehow didn't DQ him) and I was pissed. The match got a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Time for the Madison Square Garden Big Show! It's me and Tiger Chung Lee in a low midcard cage escape bout. Tiger Chung Lee won this one in 15:00 after an Octopus Stretch caught me off guard and allowed him to go over and out, but the match was good enough for a "B-" rating, which shouldn't hurt my improving reputation much.[/color] [color=green][center][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 56-81 [u][b]Overness[/b][/u] [b]US[/b] (42%) [b]+6[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 40% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 13% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 43% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 28% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 34% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 25% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 26% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 46% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 21% ([b]+4[/b])[/center][/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]March 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]As an up-and-coming worker on the WWF roster, I've finally chosen theme music to fit with my status: "Every Breath You Take" by The Police. I want people to know I'm tough and ready to kick their asses, but that I also don't take myself too seriously. I got to test the crowd reaction to the song tonight, as I took on Mr. Wrestling in our first plain 1 on 1 match. He took one look at me and started laughing. "You'll be watching ME? Ha! I'll be watching you writhe on the ground, *****!" he yelled, and the crowd booed him heartily. But all kidding aside, we then got down to business, giving the fans what they REALLY wanted, a good fight! The match went far longer than I ever expected I could last against Mr. Wrestling, and I did so much damage to him that despite not being able to get the pin, I did finally get him DQ'd medically at the 18:00 mark as he'd lost his arms and his head due to swift and unmerciful beatings from me! The fans cheered enthusiastically and gave it a "B-" rating![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight in the upper midcard bout, I get another chance to take on Don Kernodle! There were several times I should have had the pin, but his manager kept interfering with the match. But I finally got the pin at the 28:00 mark with a well placed Axe Bomber, sending Kernodle reeling! And pandemonium ensues, as the fans award this one with an "A" rating! This bout was absolutely unreal![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]March 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Rene Goulet. And I'm now the guy to beat, outranking him significantly in spirit! But Goulet got the upper hand late in the match and nailed me 18:00 in with a leaping piledriver, and I went sprawling on the mat. Match got a "B-" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight's a four on four elimination rules match: Don Kernodle, Tiger Chung Lee, Rene Goulet and myself against Tony Garea, Jules Strongbow, Mr. Wrestling and Tino Santana.[/color] [b][color=darkred][u]ELIMINATIONS[/u][/color][/b] [color=olive][b]33:00[/b]: Tony Garea eliminated [b]Dave Vonner[/b] using the Double Arm DDT. [b]35:00[/b]: Jules Strongbow eliminated [b]Don Kernodle[/b] using the piledriver. [b]44:00[/b]: Tito Santana eliminated [b]Tiger Chung Lee[/b] using the piledriver. [b]47:00[/b]: [b]Rene Goulet[/b] eliminated Tito Santana with a loaded glove punch to the head! [b]51:00[/b]: [b]Rene Goulet[/b] got Tony Garea to submit to the Iron Claw! [b]53:00[/b]: [b]Rene Goulet[/b] got Jules Strongbow to submit to the Iron Claw! Comeback of the f---ing century! [b]55:00[/b]: The ref disqualifies Rene Goulet for hitting [b]Mr. Wrestling[/b] with a loaded glove![/color] [color=sienna]Okay, so we lost, but it was a fixed fight against much tougher opponents all around. And we lost in f---ing style, as Rene Goulet led the most astounding comeback, then went toe to toe with Mr. Wrestling 1 on 1 after nearly an hour in the ring! The fans loved it, and gave the match another "A" rating![/color]

Glad you're enjoying this, man :) I'll hopefully have more updates tonight ... but beware, there are more Strongbow and Goulet matches, though I've decided to protest the bad booking by whipping them as quickly as possible whenever I see them. Neither of the two is worthy of higher than a "C+" match IMO.

[color=darkred][b][u]March 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Me against Jules Strongbow tonight on Tuesday Night Titans ... I hit him with a tough series of my personalized moves and then nailed him with a fireball while the ref wasn't looking! He went down for the three count, and I won the match 11:00 in! The fans gave it a "C+" for the entertaining finish.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Yawn. I'm up against Rene Goulet again tonight. Pinned him in 10:00 with the brass knuckles punch bringing him to his knees. The fans gave it a "C+" again for the big finish. Guy gets hit by brass knuckles, crowd cheers, now when will I get my real push?[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Time for Wrestlemania! We have high hopes that this could become the biggest of the biggest events in the world of wrestling! And tonight Chaos Theory (me and Tony Garea) are taking on Jules Strongbow in a handicap match early on the card. But it wasn't a particularly impressive match from Strongbow's perspective. We took turns slugging the hell out of him, and when I hit him with a pancake facebuster at the 5:00 mark, he tumbled to the floor and didn't get up. The fans gave it a "C" for effort but seemed bored by the whole thing. I know the feeling, guys.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]March 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ooh, this could be one of my bigger chances with the WWF! I am in an upper midcard bout against Sika, who lost to Andre the Giant Sunday night at Wrestlemania! He's hugely over in the US (79%) and a win could be super for me ... so I have to get down to business quickly. He picked a fight with me before the show, telling me I was going down like a sack of bricks, and I made a few wisecracks about his mother before he nailed me in the head. That fight got broken up just as we were getting going, setting the stage for what could be a superior matchup. Then I got the word that this would be a cage escape match, and I knew that either I'd have to kill him or he'd kill me. Fans had bets going (or so I hear) that he'd brain me in the first minute and send me to intensive care. Didn't happen. Instead I did a decent job considering the fact that he pummelled me mercilessly for ten minutes before I started to find my footing. He tried to escape the cage at 12:00, but somehow I dragged him down from the top. I then hit him with the Flying Vonner Slam and made my own escape attempt (my second) to no avail. By this point both of us had taken pretty equal beatings (Sika's big advantage was his brutal nature, not his size -- with that considered we're equals on most levels). But he had more endurance, and managed to climb over and out after 16:00 of solid fighting. The match drew a "B-" rating, which was a lot better than anyone anticipated. I'd been expected to job this one, and instead I lost but gained in image. Of course thanks to the backstage fight I now have Sika as an enemy (and a dangerous one at that) and his friend Stan Stasiak isn't a big fan of mine either. I'll have to watch out for the two of them.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm facing Don "The Dud" Kernoodle in a 1 on 1 match. Something inside me snapped midway through this match, and I just started pounding Kernoodle to the point where he was laying there unconscious 15:00 in and I kept hitting him with move after move after move until the doctor came in, medically DQ'd him and forcibly removed me from the ring. Maybe I need to spend this weekend resting, I could be putting too much pressure on myself to make it to the top so quickly. I sure didn’t plan to nearly kill Kernoodle ... but the fans loved it! I heard later that I got a "B-" rating for the whole crazy thing.[/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 62-84 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b]: 47% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 44% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 14% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 47% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 32% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 38% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 25% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 26% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 50% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 25% ([b]+4[/b])[/color][/center]

Archived