Dave Vonner's rise from the gutter

Don 'the Dud' Kernodle, that's a darned fine nickname for that guy. Steamboat couldn't do it... Jay Youngblood coundn't do it... but Vonner hopefully encouraged Kernodle to retire, after that beating. :) You looked very good against Sika, despite the loss. Hopefully the goons at Titan realize that you can not make a career out of Jules 'freaking' Strongbow.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[color=darkred][b][u]April 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm in a tag bout: me and S.D. Jones against Sika and Don Kernodle in the first part of a double main event! This turned out to be a superior matchup, as S.D. and I really work well together. We quickly got our two opponents on the ropes, and were then able to play to the crowd, drawing the match out enough to get their pop but not enough to bore them. At 32:00 I thought I finally had Sika beat with the brass knuckles (he was bleeding like a stuck pig) but his manager Lou Albano stepped in to stop the pinfall count ... and getting himself banned from the ring in the process. But that punch to the head took what was left of Sika's strength, and my well-timed Pancake Facebuster finished him off! Excellent! The match drew a "B+" rating from the fans too, which really got me going ... me and S.D. really whipped up on these bitches, didn't we? And we worked up the crowd perfectly for the Main Event, Andre The Giant defeating Nikolai Volkoff in what turned into a 45:00 bloodfest! F---, this was a better show overall than our Wrestlemania event last month ... [/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Nikolai Volkoff in a midcard bout as a reward for my great match yesterday! The big lug tried to kill me early with his biggest moves, which somehow failed, giving me an edge (he wore down quickly, which made him susceptible to some of my bigger moves, which DON'T usually fail). But as tired as he got, he wouldn't fall! I kept hitting him, pounding him, crushing him, but he'd bounce back like he was rubber. I meanwhile was running on fumes, blood blinding me as I'd taken a few too many kicks in the head, and I needed to end this quickly or I'd be the one on the losing end ... A Flying Vonner Slam took out his legs, and a Fireball perfectly executed burned him so severely that the ref had to call a medical DQ at the 24:00 mark! The match got another "B+" rating from the fans, and could I finally be on my way up beyond opener status for the WWF?[/color] [color=green][center][b]My overness is up six points this week, I won two huge matches, and yet Vince McMahon still won't book me in a feud or give me a manager. Maybe I need to take HIM on in the ring? Heh heh ... [/b][/color][/center]

Rookie to Legend ... he started out with these skills: [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] 0% (US) 0% (Canada) 0% (Mexico) 0% (Japan) 0% (UK) 0% (Europe) 0% (Australia) Spirit: 10% Power: 6% Technique: 19% Speed: 12% Psychology: 15% Stamina: 24% Toughness: 10% Charisma: 15% Microphone: 12% Safety: 19% Looks: 74% Respect: 0% Now he's known at 53% in the US, 16% in Canada (where he no longer wrestles) and has the following ratings: Spirit: 46% (+36) Power: 14% (+8) Technique: 47% (+28) Speed: 32% (+20) Psychology: 94% (+79) Stamina: 33% (+9) Toughness: 38% (+28) Charisma: 25% (+10) Microphone: 27% (+15) Safety: 50% (+31) Looks: 74% (EVEN) Respect: 25% (+25) That's after 148 matches. He's also developed from being a small wrestler to reaching the Heavyweight level.

[color=darkred][b][u]April 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight: Volkoff wants a rematch! This time I beat him handily, knocking him off by countering his Backbreaker Turnbuckle Smash with a Scorpion Death Drop, finishing the match with a three count! The fans gave the 21:00 match a "B+" and they seem to love seeing the crazy Russian get his beatings from me! Vince McMahon caught me backstage, congratulated me for the great match, and then informed me I was being promoted to the lower midcard! He's giving me a manager, Freddie Blassie, a.k.a. "The Vampire" due to his propensity toward biting in the ring ... which should be great when I get in a pinch, if he comes into the ring and f---s up my opponent ;) He also said he likes what I've been doing against Volkoff, and said if I keep it up, we may feud soon ... I like the sound of that.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was supposed to have the night off, but as I was sitting in the crowd watching "In Your Neighborhood," Sika came out and challenged me to a grudge match right before the main event! We both came at each other hard, and this fight became a monumental struggle, as both of us were worn down but unwilling to crumble! As the match went on and both of us took huge risks, the crowd really got into it. I hit him with an Implant DDT but Lou Albano broke up the three count at the 27:00 mark, sending me into a fit of rage! I grabbed a chair from the outside of the ring and slammed Sika in the head with it six times in a row before the ref (who seems to be tolerating damned near anything) grabbed it and threw it out of the ring. I thought Sika was out cold, but he got to his feet and we kept this thing going (though I am amazed he can see through the blood from the chair attack). I hit him with the Shake, Rattle and Roll, but that f--- Albano again butted in at the last second, so I turned and broke his nose with brass knuckles. The ref had to drag him out of the ring as he clutched his face and screamed threats. "F--- you, Albano!" I yelled (as the crowd marked out loudly) as I turned my attention back to Siko, who was hunched over in the corner. I grabbed him by the throat and pulled him into the center of the ring, then got him in the Weaver Lock! Goodnight Gracie! SUBMISSION! The match ends with me exhausted, 33:00 expired, and Siko unconscious as the ref called the fight! The crowd went nuts and gave this an "A" -- I hear Vince is already calling it the grudge match of the decade![/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]April 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Nikolai Volkoff again. I beat him in 17:00 with the Spinning Death Valley Driver, and the match ended with a "B-" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Volkoff wanted a rematch, so he gets a rematch (since he's still slightly more over than me Vince lets him fight me whenever he chooses, I suppose). The fight was looking pretty average until the 16:00 mark, when Volkoff hit me with the biggest barage ever! I missed a Flying Vonner Slam and he nailed me with the piledriver. BOOM! Atlas Bear Hug! Back Breaker! BOOM! Another Atlas Bear Hug! I refuse to submit ... I blocked the over the top rope toss, and then fell on top of his Press Slam Back Breaker. I got revenge with the Blender, followed by a Spinning Explosion Suplex that (by the looks of things) nearly broke his jaw! I then threw him to the mat with a Sode Goshi Throw, followed that with an Implant DDT, and ... CHIEF JAY STRONGBOW BUSTED INTO THE RING! And my momentum was ruined! He took a swing at me with a chair, nearly breaking my arm as I fended it off, and yelled something about how he'd heard what I said about his nephew and that Vegas whore (I don't know WHAT the f--- he was talking about!) and that I'd get my deserts, and then he stormed off. Volkoff came at me with an irish whip, but I then blocked his big boot attempt and then things fell back into the old routine. Both of us were exhausted! I hit him with a Butt Splash at 24:00 and he looked like he was going to pass out on me (I could already tell his head wasn't in the match, he could barely stand on his bruised legs and one of his arms was seemingly paralyzed). I decided to be merciful. I hit him with a kneeling jaw breaker, knowing that I'd hit and the ref would call for the medical DQ (he did) and I got the win without forcing Volkoff to stay in the ring. The match got a "B+" rating and my star continues to rise![/color]

[b]Thanks, Lou! Glad you're still hooked :)[/b] [color=darkred][b][u]April 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I got Vince to book me against Strongbow so I can get revenge against the son of a bitch for what he did to me the other night. The fight was a doozy, I had hammered on Strongbow early and often but he is a tough guy to fight, and wouldn't fall. I tend to fight stiff and I could tell he's not up to snuff when it comes to defending that kind of thing. I quickly put him in the danger zone as the match progressed, hitting him with a Flying Vonner Slam and a Kneeling Jaw Breaker that was the final straw. The ref came in and declared a medical DQ with the match just 23:00 old! The fans loved it, and gave us a "B+" for our efforts.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got word from Vince McMahon this morning that I've been promoted to the midcard! He also said that the ratings for last night's show went through the roof midway through my fight with Strongbow, so he wants this feud elevated to the utmost importance! I'll be fighting him again tonight, of course. That was to be expected. I could tell by the look in his eyes at the end last night that he wanted to win or lose, not end the fight with a medical DQ. The fight itself started out rather slowly, we felt each other out trying to figure out which methods would kill (the opponent AND the crowd, since ratings are so important!) And apparently Jay Strongbow figured it out first. The end of this match was among my career's lowlights:[/color] [b][color=darkred] - Strongbow hits the Short Arm Clothesline - Strongbow applies the Inside Toe Hold - Strongbow applies the Spinning Toe Hold - Strongbow picks up Dave Vonner and hits the Knock Out Punch - Strongbow gets a near fall on Dave Vonner - Strongbow hits the Knock Out Punch - Strongbow gets a 3 count on Dave Vonner[/color][/b] [color=sienna]I mean holy f---! I was working my ass off, but it was like he was on a mission from his Indian Gods or some s---, he just wouldn't let up and I crumbled 12:00 in. It's gonna take a lot to live down this "C+" match, I'll tell you. After eight straight wins, I go home the loser tonight, and I'm not going to forget how it feels. Of course I don't intend to have this feeling again any time soon ... [/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on the Madison Square Garden Big Show, it's Dave Vonner vs. Chief Jay Strongbow Round III. I came out on a mission, and was doing well -- Strongbow was seriously on the ropes -- but I took my improved status with McMahon for granted, and was stunned when the referee DQ'd me for countering a tomahawk chop attempt with a Spinning Death Valley Driver onto a chair. I mean what is this, pansy-ass playground time? This is wrestling! I could tell the crowd agreed ... they gave the match a "C+" despite the fact it only lasted 12:00, and Strongbow took a 2-1 lead in the feud. I'm going to have to get my act together if I want to regain any kind of momentum ... [/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 69-86 ([b]7-2[/b] in April!) [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b]: 62% ([b]+15[/b]) [b]Canada[/b]: 40% ([b]+24[/b])* [b]Mexico[/b]: 40% [b]Japan[/b]: 30% [b]U.K.[/b]: 20% [b]Europe[/b]: 20% [b]Australia[/b]: 20% [size=1][b]*[/b]I appear to have gained global overness having worked with WWF! Woot![/size] [b]Spirit[/b]: 50% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 15% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 50% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 32% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 40% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 26% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 28% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 52% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 27% ([b]+2[/b])[/color] [color=darkred][b]I still can't believe I'm a WWF Midcarder with 155 matches under my belt and I'm still six months away from being 19. I wonder how over I'll be by the time I'm old enough to drink! Hmm.[/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]May 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight Strongbow's taking a break up 2-1 in our feud to fight Rene Goulet. I'm up against Sika, who would never feud with me *officially* though he's always glad to take a whipping in front of a crowd every once in a while -- as long as everyone gets to know how ABSOLUTELY he hates me. Hey, I'll oblige ... I need some momentum. But while I got a good fight out of Sika, he got revenge on me by headbutting me so hard I cracked a rib ... I went flying, hit my head on the corner post, and was out cold. So he got the win in 20:00 and I got my third loss and a trip to the hospital. Yippee.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]They let me leave the hospital at 2 a.m. and I spent the day sleeping it off ... [/color] [COLOR=darkred][center][b]I got a call at 5:30 p.m. asking where the f--- I was. It was McMahon, and he was livid. Apparently I was late for a pre-show walkthrough, and he's got me booked in the upper midcard bout against Chief Jay Butthole with the feud on the line. Needless to say I got my ass in there quick. McMahon cornered me on the way in the door. "You know what, Vonner?" he tells me. "You're nothing impressive. I keep you on the roster because everyone says you're the next big thing, but I haven't been impressed. You lose tonight against Strongbow and you can pack your bags. You're lazy and a poor excuse for a midcarder. Get my drift?" A blind deaf ostrich with its head rammed up Vince's a--hole could have caught his "drift" but I stick with silence. Take it out on Strongbow in the ring. Then take it out with McMahon in the parking lot. It's all good, f---er ... [/center][/b][/COLOR] [color=sienna]McMahon thinks he's got the last laugh by booking this as a cage match. But I didn't have trouble with Strongbow. He's not the kind of fighter who does particularly well in a cage either. I just kept whaling on him until the ref DQ'd him because he couldn't stand under his own power. It only took 21:00, and the fans gave it a "B+" for bonus effect.[/color] [center][color=darkred][b]As I walked out the back door, Vince came up to me. "You think you're so smart don't you? I say don't lose, so you follow me to the letter of the law?" "Hey," I tell him. "You didn't say I had to escape the cage, you just said don't lose!" "You're a smug little f--- aren't you?" he leers at me. "Wait and see, you won't be around here long." "Is that a threat?" I yell back over my shoulder. "Maybe you should leave me alone and go spend some time with your wife? Or can't you get it up anymore?" I immediately know I've gone too far ... or I know it after he turns around and slugs me in the gut, hard. I fall to the ground, and he kicks me in the face, knocking two of my teeth down my throat. He then leans in close enough so I can smell his stale beer-breath. "If I ever see you again, you little f---, I'll gut you on the spot." He then turns on his heel and stomps away. I black out before I even have time to think about my employment prospects after pissing off the biggest booker in the land.[/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]May 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]All the paperwork finally went through and my firing from the WWF is complete. It's been a long two weeks. I hardly knew what to do with any of my time, as it's been years since I've had this long a "vacation." I spent as little time thinking about my situation as possible -- most of my time I spent sleeping. What a waste though, I've heard people saying. Eighteen years old and he was on his way to the perfect life, and he goes and messes it all up with his big f---ing mouth. Go figure. I wish they were all dead. Or that I was. No, that's just all the beer talking. No calls yet with job offers. Not that I expected any. I'll have to start making my own calls soon enough. F---, what did I do?[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Rocky Johnson gave me a call this morning. We'd become friends back while I was briefly employed with Georgia Championship, and he told me he felt bad about what happened. "McMahon's a d---," he said. "And as soon as you can deal with that, you'll be able to get over the crap you said after he pissed you off." I laughed, then he told me to come down to Georgia tomorrow night, said I could take in the fights at their live show, then we could grab dinner and chat about my options. What the hell, I thought. What's there to lose?[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]So I was in Georgia last night ... the fights were great, the food was even better. Then as Rocky was picking up the check and we were about to head out, in walked Buddy Rogers. He told me I was the man he'd been wanting to see, asked if I'd be willing to stay in town a few days and put on a match for him. Said they'd been looking for someone to take a spot further up the card, thought I could be that guy, but he wanted to see me fight in person again. I said sure, piece of cake, free up some cash man, that kind of crap. But truthfully I'm nervous as hell. My chances of starting over for a large cult promotion ride on this one fight. And then what? Will he hold the McMahon situation against me? Is Rocky behind this, trying to get me a job? Does he have the pull? I need some Maalox.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]May 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight in my tryout for GCW (as part of their touring show) I'll be facing Mighty Inoue. As I stand in the tunnel ready to come out on cue, I hear Rocky Johnson introducing me: "And now, straight from giving that prick Vince McMahon exactly what he deserved ... it's "Danger" Dave Flame!" I come running out, startled but not really surprised that I'd just been given a new nickname. I needed to reinvent myself anyway, why not be "Danger" Dave for GCW? On to the fight! We both were at our peak tonight, using our best moves, wowing the crowd at every chance. And truthfully we worked together pretty well when it comes down to it! For the first time in a good while I was actually having FUN out there! It got crazy though -- and though I'd laughed at first when I was told this was a 60 minute time limit match, I had to wonder at the 38:00 mark if we'd reach that point. I was dead tired, he was dead tired, but neither of us had the strength left for finishers. The crowd was loving it, old school wrestling with flair, but someone has to win, right? Do we really want that decision made by a panel of judges? It didn't get to that point, though unfortunately I also couldn't get the win. At the 42:00 mark, Mighty hit the Short Arm Knee to Stomach and then applied the Elevated Hammerlock and I was done for. The crowd really enjoyed this one, for an early-card tryout match, giving it a "B+" overall (I think it would have been an "A" had I or Mighty been able to finish it ten minutes earlier when we were peaking).[/color] [color=green][i][b]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I heard later that Mighty Inoue was particularly impressed with my skills and told Buddy Rogers repeatedly. Of course Rogers had seen the fight (several times, he told me later) before calling me into his office this morning. He offered me a midcarder position, worth $640 per appearance for 12 months! I accepted the offer, we shook hands, and he told me to be ready to fight on Saturday![/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I ended up not fighting tonight, just enjoyed the show from the bleachers. Apparently my fans have followed me from the WWF; Buddy Rogers was quick to make "Danger" Dave Flame shirts, and I must have signed two dozen after the show. I got a big surprise though as I was heading back to my car. When I got there, who did I find sitting on my hood than legendary lucha libre owner Salvador Lutteroth! "Hola, Señor Antorcha," he grinned. "¿Cómo querría usted luchar el sur de la frontera?"[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]June 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I made my auditioning debut for Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre! My job: put on a good match with Fabuloso Blondy, a.k.a. Ken Timbs or the Hollywood Blonde, depending on location. It didn't take much to beat him, as I had a size advantage. I wore him down, then nailed him with the Spinning Death Valley Driver for the 3 count at the 15:00 mark! The match drew a "B-" rating. I also saw a major improvement in my Mexican overness thanks to the quality of the match! The big shock came when I was taken back to Lutteroth's office. "Well done!" he told me. "You fought well, we would be honored to offer you a permanent place in the home of Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre! Would $1,600 per month be a fair offer?" I was stunned. "Well, Mr. Lutteroth," I say. "I just was offered a spot working for Georgia Championship as you know, and I'd hate to leave them in the lurch. Would you be willing to work out a pay per appearance deal?" He drummed his fingers on his desk to a salsa beat. "No, no, we want to train you to become a main eventer, but you need to start as enhancement talent. Work your way into the program. We don't do that kind of deal paying per appearance. I'm sure you understand." I thought about it. To go from the WWF, a National fed, down to Georgia Championship (a Cult fed) and then get offered a contract double my WWF deal to be enhancement talent with thirty months of job security ... how could I turn that down? I stood up and shook his hand. "Mr. Lutteroth," I say. "You've got yourself a deal!" "Excellent!" he tells me. "You're going to be huge in Mexico, have I told you that?"[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm being billed in CMLL as Señor Antorcha, a young wrestling heel bent on dominating the wrestling world by any means necessary. They could have called me El Bastardo Americano ... it's clear they think I'm talented, but it is equally clear they want to bill me as the Evil American come to take over Lucha Libre because of my own messed up motivations. Hey, I can play that game! Sounds fun, even ... In my first official match, I faced Rocky Santana in a singles match. I won this one in 11:00 despite having to deal for the first time with a true high flyer, slamming him with the Sode Goshi Throw and the Spinning Death Valley Driver in quick succession, getting the pin! The match drew a "C+" from the fans, whose main complaint seemed to be that the match was too short. Not something you hear everyday from fans about an opener match![/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]June 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm involved in a three on three elimination rules match! It features myself, Blue Panther and El Hijo del Diablo against El Gran Apollo, Hurricane Castillo Jr and Kung Fu![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]ELIMINATIONS[/u][/b][/color] [color=olive][b]9:00[/b]: El Gran Apollo eliminated [b]Señor Antorcha[/b] by using the Face Crusher. [b]16:00[/b]: [b]El Hijo del Diablo[/b] got Kung Fu to submit to the Camel Clutch! [b]20:00[/b]: [b]Blue Panther[/b] got El Gran Apollo to submit to the Abdominal Stretch Face Lock! [b]27:00[/b]: [b]El Hijo del Diablo[/b] got Hurricane Castillo Jr to submit to the Camel Clutch![/color] [color=sienna]So despite the fact that I got killed early in this brutal match, we still got the win thanks to a solid comeback! The match itself got a "B+" rating from the fans, a high honor indeed! El Hijo Del Diablo tried some bigger moves down the stretch, and had he hit a few, the consensus is that this could have been an "A" match, it was that close![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight it's a singles matchup, myself against Gypsy Joe! This was a tough match for me, in which I lost 15:00 in as Gypsy Joe hit me with a powerbomb out of nowhere, leading to the pinfall. The match was rated "B-" by the fans, but it didn't feel that good on my end. Of course most first-losses are tough, and I had yet to lose here in Mexico.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]June 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I did not fight tonight at Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I've got a solo match against El Gran Apollo. Unfortunately I'm having difficulty getting used to the style of wrestling here, and they're starting to kill me with their speed with the kicks and such. I was down in 11:00 in this one thanks to a face crusher. The match was rated "C+" which amazes me. I thought it was a big terrible disappointment.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I spent all day today in training to work on a move I've created to deal with my lack of a good mexican styled finisher move. It's a top rope move I call [b][u]Salpicadura Alado de Muerte[/u][/b] (The Winged Splash of Death -- ominously cool, isn't it?) and I can't wait for a chance to use it in the ring! [[b][i]OOC[/b]: I suppose you can tell my father in real life is a spanish teacher ;) Either that or you thought I was secretly from Mexico :)[/i]][/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on our big show (Ruleta de la Muerta) I'm teamed up with Ultraman against Rick Martel and Kung Fu in a 2 on 2 Elimination Rules match![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]ELIMINATIONS[/u][/b][/color] [color=olive][b]16:00[/b]: [b]Señor Antorcha[/b] eliminates Kung Fu through use of the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte! [b]18:00[/b]: Rick Martel gets [b]Señor Antorcha[/b] into submission with the Quebec Crab! [b]24:00[/b]: Rick Martel gets [b]Ultraman[/b] to submit via the Quebec Crab.[/color] [color=sienna]So we lose, but I did learn that my big finisher can work, I just need it to be a little cleaner. The match was given a "B-" rating.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]June 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Mando Guerrero in a singles match! This one wasn't going in my favor at first, but I got lucky down the stretch, hit a few powerful Vonner Slams and then went for the kill, hitting the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte off the top rope, slamming him sideways into the post! He was dazed and I got the three count 10:00 in! The match got a "C+" but more important, I got my confidence back![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Another 3 on 3 Elimination Rules match tonight. El Gran Markus, Black Cat and myself against Gypsy Joe, El Hijo de Santo and the legendary Hector Guerrero![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]ELIMINATIONS[/u][/b][/color] [color=olive][b]19:00[/b]: Gypsy Joe eliminates [b]Black Cat[/b] by using the Face Crusher. [b]20:00[/b]: Gypsy Joe eliminates [b]El Gran Markus[/b] by using the Flying Forearm Smash. [b]34:00[/b]: El Hijo del Santo gets [b]Señor Antorcha[/b] into submission with the Rolling Romero Special.[/color] [color=sienna]It's important to note that by the time Cat and Markus were eliminated, I was already exhausted. Yet I lasted fourteen minutes in a three on one while landing some of my most impressive moves (including a Fireball on Guerrero while the ref was out cold on the mat!) By the end I had lost my legs, so I couldn't climb the ropes to pull off my finisher. But the odds of it having worked on all three opponents would have been slim to none. Had I knocked off one, it would have used all my energy at that point, and I would have been killed by the others. Either way, the match was a popular one, and though we lost it was rated "B+" by the fans![/color] [color=green][center][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 74-92 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]Mexico[/b]: 46% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 47% ([b]-3[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 17% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 51% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 32% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 40% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 27% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 30% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 52% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 27% ([b]EVEN[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]July 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight it's 3 on 3: Rayo de Jalisco Jr, myself and Gran Apache against Fishman, Mando Guerrero and El Gran Apollo. It's not elimination style, so first to fall loses. This was a true tag affair, as the three of us worked together to wear our opposition down. Gran Apache did a ton of work on Mando Guerrero late in the match, then tagged me in when he saw he had Mando on the ropes, and I landed my Salpicadura Alado de Muerte off the top rope and pinned him! The match lasted 19:00 and got a "B-" overall reaction from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]After that great finish last night, I got word that I've been promoted from enhancement talent to opener! Tonight I get to fight in another 3 on 3 match, with Ray Jalisco Jr, myself and El Gran Markus against Kung Fu, El Gran Apollo and Gypsy Joe. This one went terribly, as Gypsy Joe killed me with a sudden flurry of moves and then got me in submission with a Cristo Suspended Full Nelson at the 13:00 mark. The match got a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight's our big event, "Legend of the Silver Mask" ... and I've been booked one on one against Gran Markus Jr! I had him on the ropes after a great series of midlevel moves combined with a Salpicadura Alado de Muerte that failed to get the pin, but then he did something very un-Luchadore ... he hit me with Brass Knuckles, nearly cracking the bone around my eye! I went down like a sack of bricks, really didn't see it coming. The 15:00 match was rated "B-" but as they carried me off on a stretcher, my only thought was that I couldn't see out of my right eye. F---![/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm still in the hospital this morning due to the concussion I sustained Saturday night. And I still can't see out of my right eye, and my doctors don't know when (or if) I'll get the sight back. "You really should take a break from wrestling," my doctor told me. "You've taken too many blows to the head, it may be a detached retina!" But I told him to forget about it. I'll keep wrestling, as soon as they let me out of here, and if I ever face Gran Markus Jr again, I'm going to make him wish he'd never f---ed with me. Don't worry though, I won't do anything stupid to tip my hand. I can be good at biding my time when I want to be ... [/color]

The black glasses are for while he's blind in one eye ... it wouldn't do to have him going around fighting with a clear disability plain to see (either bandages or just a lazy unseeing eye). As for his plans, he's in Mexico to try to build his overness (it's a global fed, so I assume if he makes it big in Mexico he can eventually get with one of the WWF's rivals in the US as a main eventer and thus feud with the McMahons ... I don't want to think too far ahead since I have like 800 days left on this contract (and I don't plan to leave it early like I did the WWF).

Archived