Dave Vonner's rise from the gutter

I should write a book: "Everything I Ever Need To Know About Wrestling I Learned From Adam Ryland's Wre-Spi!" Thanks for the comments, everyone, but quite frankly I'm just glad people are reading ... I never was a wrestling fan until TEW and WreSpi came along :)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vince is straight forward and won't pull any punches to get his thoughts across. That's what I figured after reading "To Be The Man" by Ric Flair. He may have made a mistake in releasing you due to your good matches there. Who knows, maybe in the future he may ask for you back. Anyways, you still have a dedicated reader here. Keep up the great work!

[B]OOC[/B]: He didn't release me. I was hoping to make an "in game enemy" out of him by outright quitting when he wouldn't give me the feud I wanted. Didn't work :) I'll try to get to some more of this tomorrow. I've been working on getting ready for classes to start next week.

[color=darkred][b][u]July 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm cleared for wrestling. Got the doctors to give me minimal taping around the blind eye, and I'm wearing dark sunglasses to mask the injury. When I fight Gran Markus in the opener tonight, I'm gonna f--- him up! I beat the living hell out of him with my flying Vonner slam, then hit him with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte for the pinfall at 10:00! "That's what you get, motherf---er!" I yelled, kicking him to the ground as he stood up after the match was ended. "You tried to blind me, bitch! You punched me in the head and tried to blind me, and I'll NEVER forget that!" The fans gave the match a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got the night off from having to make it to the CMLL North Mexico Tour.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]July 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Got the night off tonight, so I hung around backstage and pretty much worried about nothing. Hopefully this just means they're planning a big push for me.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm opening against El Gran Apollo! This one took me longer to get a handle on, but I managed to hit him with the Spinning Death Valley Driver at 16:00 (after he kept stopping me from climbing the ropes) to win! The fans gave this one a "B-" overall.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]July 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]This weekend the vision in my right eye finally returned! So I've been able to drop the sunglasses and go back to my usual self. Tonight I've been booked in an upper midcard bout against Kung Fu! He hit me with a DDT late in the match that busted the side of my face open, and he thought he had me down, but I hadn't gone this long against him using my best moves to fail now. I countered his Slingshot Sunset Flip with the Spinning Death Valley Driver and he was out! 1 ... 2 ... another win for me! The fans gave this 16:00 match a "B-" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm in the midcard match against Rick Martel. And this f---er was hard to beat! My best moves seemed to have no effect on him, until about 15:00 in when I managed to hit the Flying Vonner Slam for the first time all night, breaking his face open. From there, it was a cakewalk. With 18:00 expired, I hit the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte and he was done for! The fans gave it a "B-" which I think was less than what it was worth, but I'm just glad I kept my win streak alive against a much tougher opponent![/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 79-94 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]Mexico[/b]: 52% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 49% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 18% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 53% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 33% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 41% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 28% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 32% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 53% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 28% ([b]+1[/b])[/center][/color]

The Mexican feds are usually the most exciting promotions to play, imho; Vonner should have a field day. (edit - make sure to change any piledrivers you may have to their lucha variants, though! A lot of their movesets feature the illegal piledrivers. :) ) And congrats on beating Martel! I've always felt he was a lot like Steamboat in the ring. Getting a win on him is impressive.

I thought I was gonna be killed, he was blocking every move. I got lucky with that first proper counter I made, and it opened up everything I had for use. What are the proper lucha variants? I'll make changes to my moveset accordingly, but so far none of my "major" moves have been illegal ...

[center][color=darkblue][b][i]D Boon: I went ahead and added them, but I still need two more points in power for the Martinete and seven points for the Invertido Martinete ;) So it may be a while before you see either :)[/i][/b][/color][/center] [color=darkred][b][u]August 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight: the REMATCH, me versus that big dick Gran Markus Jr, and I aim to whip his ass convincingly again! It took me 17:00, but I finally got him to the mat with a Spinning Death Valley Driver that countered his snivelling little ***** version of a Brass Knuckles Punch (I just know he was going for my head again!) He went down and stayed down, and the crowd gave it a "B-" overall. This was my fifth consecutive win, and I'm now 10-6 against CMLL competition![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Hurricane Castillo Jr is the next in the cavalcade of fighters to take me on! I'm way out of his league though, right? Wrong. He seemed invincible, despite the fact that I hammered him mercilessly, and he somehow managed to avoid a Flying Vonner Slam, knock me senseless with a Slingshot Sunset Flip, and then 1 ... 2 ... 3. Over. There goes the streak, there goes my overness, as I lost to a guy with half my spirit. I lost two points of Mexican overness and three hard-earned points of spirit from this one. How depressing ... a "B-" match that felt like a "DUD."[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on CMLL's Entre Torre Infernal, I was shocked to learn I've been given a rematch against Rick Martel, a shot to regain my lost ego points from last night's f---up! He beat the hell out of me for nearly twenty minutes, doing enough damage that when I got him on the ropes I couldn't use my best finishers. So I settled for countering a Slingshot Sunset Flip with the Spinning Death Valley Slam, laying him out! That's two in a row, sucker! This "B-" match sure makes up a lot of ground![/color] [center][color=darkblue][b][i]In fact, after this match, I learned my overness had jumped three points and I'd regained two of my lost spirit points. Not bad considering how badly I handled Hurricane Castillo Jr ... [/center][/color][/b][/i] [color=darkred][b][u]August 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm up against Rick Martel again! Seems he considers his inability to beat me an affront to his wrestling Godliness, and has publically vowed to gut me in front of the crowd tonight! So I can't take him lightly (nor would I). This one only took me 16:00, as I followed up a great start with an astounding finish, hitting him for the first time with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte and pinning him in front of an enthusiastic crowd! The fans gave it another "B-" which makes me wonder what more they expect from me. If these matches went any longer, I'd get my head smashed in ... [/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against El Gran Apollo. Pinned him in 9:00 with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte! The fans gave me a "C+" as they'd wanted the fight to go on longer. But Apollo was giving me nothing, so I had to end it or risk letting him back in. Oh well, they all can't be solid matches, right? At least I pulled out another win.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]August 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ah, memories. I'm up against Gran Markus Jr tonight, and the guy still fights like crap, a month after he nearly permanently blinded me with those brass knuckles. He decided early in this game to go for cheating moves, including a brass knuckles punch and an over-the-ropes toss, so I decided to fight him at that level. I slid a table into the ring, dragged him in, distracted the ref for a moment and then slammed the fat f--- through the table! 1 ... 2 ... he kicked out, and looked angry as hell! He blocked a leaping piledriver attempt, hit the roundhouse body punch, and then the Urinage Slam. I was gone ... "B-" says the crowd, "****!" I hear myself scream. "You suck!" yells Markus, and my eyes glaze over in rage. He's gonna eat those words, I vow.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Another Gran Markus fight tonight ... but I had the last laugh. You see, I snuck back to his locker room before the show and replaced his bottled water with my own little special blend of bad mexican water and acid! By the middle of this match he looked like he was about to **** himself as he screamed at the fans about purple monkies coming for his soul! It was f---ing brilliant, I broke him wide open with a spinning death valley driver and it was over. Too bad the fans didn't know the whole story, or they would have found this funnier than a "C+" match would indicate. I don't envy him when he wakes up in the morning![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]August 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm fighting El Hijo del Santo, don't think I've ever faced him in a solo bout. He works a lot with kicks, and his legs, and quite frankly I felt out of my element. How do you counter this stuff? None of my moves were working ... I would hit a few low levelers, he'd kick me for five minutes. It just wasn't working! So I went for his legs and did my best to eliminate that kind of move ... and succeeded! I couldn't pin him, because of his impressive arm strength, but I did manage to disable his legs, so he was pulling himself around the ring ... all it took was a Weaver Lock and he submitted after 21 grueling minutes! The fans loved it and awarded us a "B+" rating![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Kung Fu in a midcard bout. He's another guy who works with the legs, only he's too f---ing quick for what I'm good at to work properly. I'd get him standing and he'd rush me before I could slam him. Lost this one in 19:00, thanks to a sunset flip, but I did a damned fine job to stay in it that long, quite frankly, the way he fought tonight. I think the fans agreed, they gave this one a "B+" and some loud cheering in the end.[/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 85-97 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]Mexico[/b]: 56% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 48% ([b]-1[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 19% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 57% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 37% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 45% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 29% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 34% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 57% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 32% ([b]+4[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]September 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Gypsy Joe wanted a go at me in ring, so the head honchos agreed. But Gypsy Joe's way too slow, and spent most of the night with a face full of mat. No, actually he did put on a decent fight for a guy who I think is over the hill, and soon we were both fighting on fumes. He couldn't pin me, I couldn't pin him, but I was landing the more damaging blows ... I changed strategy late, and nearly had the Medical DQ, but he rolled out from under a Running Knee Drop and hit me with a face crusher, breaking my nose and knocking me out after 20:00. The match ended with a "B+" rating from the fans though, continuing my trend of solid fights![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm up against Kung Fu tonight, hoping to get a better outcome than last week. I've lost two in a row, aiming to win tonight. This time I crushed him completely. I think he landed two or three face headlocks and jabs, while I had him against the wall and hit the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte and pinned him at 12:00! The fans gave it a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]September 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm in the first of two main event matches, against Fishman! He's far more over than I am in Mexico (74%) so I should get quite a challenge from him! Yes he was much faster than me. But he had a weakness that I was quickly able to capitalize on: while he's quick, he can't take stiff moves! So I kept dodging his speedy kicks and flips, and would hit him with my stiffest leaps and crushing moves whenever I had the opportunity! The process was painless, and I crushed him with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte at the EIGHT MINUTE MARK! 1 ... 2 ... IT'S OVER! The fans weren't as impressed, giving it a "C" but hey ... I'll take what I can get, considering he was supposed to have crushed me! It can't be too long before I would expect to hear from someone about being bumped up the card ... I mean, how much longer will I remain an opener when I'm one of their fastest rising young talents?[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]They decided to put me in against Gran Markus Jr, who apparently still hasn't figured out why he lost last time (and you better not f---ing tell him, you hear?) I fought the better match, but as usual the goddamned f--- cheats like a bitch, and the refs keep allowing it! I keep hearing about how Mexican refs'll DQ you like THAT, but I've never seen it. Next time I see this dick, I'm slamming him with a f---ing fireball! He pinned me with a goddamned Uranage Slam at 19:00 and the match got a "B-" ... bulls---![/color] [color=darkred][b][u]September 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I wasn't booked tonight.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm facing Rocky Santana. I couldn't beat him with any specific moves, including my Salpicadura Alado de Muerte, so I did the next best thing. I just beat him, over and over and over until he couldn't move and the ref had to come in and medically DQ him after just 14:00! The fans gave it a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]September 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I've got another Gypsy Joe match, a chance to redeem myself for the loss of a couple weeks ago. But he had luck on his side, and no matter what I threw at him, nothing stuck. He hit me with that f---ing Urinage Slam and I was done 17:00 in. F---! The match got a "B-" but I can't figure out what it is abuot this fat f---er that I can't handle![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against El Gran Apollo. But this one was over quickly! I hit him with a quick series: The Flying Vonner Slam! Inverted DDT! Enziguri Kick! Flying Vonner Slam! Then I went for the kill ... the ref wasn't looking ... Ei! Ei! Es Un Martinete! The ref didn't see it, and I got the pin! You should have seen the crowd! That one move single handedly got me a "C" rating for a 7:00 fight![/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]It's the CMLL Anniversary Show! I'm up against El Hijo del Santo ... but I quickly got sick of this fight, it was clear they expected me to lose. And I wasn't gonna do it, not against a guy who was reeling after five minutes. Yet no matter what I hit him with for the next ten minutes, he wouldn't fall! So I said f--- it. Hit the Martinete again, got DQ'd, but at least the f---er didn't BEAT me! The crowd gave it a "B-" overall.[/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 89-101 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]Mexico[/b]: 55% ([b]-1[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 45% ([b]-3[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 59% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 39% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 47% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 29% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 34% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 59% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 34% ([b]+2[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]October 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight it's me versus Rocky Santana. This time I didn't have to rely on a brutal beating leading to medical DQ ... instead I gave him a brutal beating leading to a Spinning Death Valley Driver, which led to a pinfall. The crosd gave the 13:00 fight a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Got a rematch against El Hijo del Santo. I had him on the f---ing ropes, was beating him senseless, but he wouldn't fall! I should have won, but he got me into submission with a goddamned camel clutch at 18:00 and it was over. The match got a "B-" and I'm getting frustrated, because I'm winning these fights from a damage perspective, but they're managing to keep fighting while technically emaciated! It makes no sense! And when will this fed decide I've done enough "proving" against weak competition and bump me to the low midcard? Haven't I proven I can fight?[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]October 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Mando Guerrero! He went down though 8:00 in due to my Salpicadura Alado de Muerte, and the crowd gave the match a "C" ... I was just surprised that a wrestling veteran like Mando couldn't withstand my earlier moves for longer than a few short minutes![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]They've put me in agaisnt Hurricane Castillo Jr, a match I can't lose without losing image, yet a match that can't give me any benefits since he's half my status! Great booking, guys ... I had him down at 7:00 with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte, but his f---ing manager (Don Carson) butted in to save his ass. Ei no! Ei! Es un Martinete! Hurricane goes down like a sack of potatoes, blood flying from his face, his right cheek burst wide ... and the ref just warns me! Right on! 1 ... 2 ... somehow the f---er kicks out. Pancake Facebuster! 1 ... 2 ... HE'S DONE! Took me just 8:00 to finish this one off. "Hey, you guys going to give me a push?" I yell out to the crowd, hoping management'll hear. "I'm sick of these pushover bouts! I want to make a move up on the card, and I'll keep giving you matches like this until you do!" I don't know whether the crowd likes that idea. They gave this one a "C" despite the great moves.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]October 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Ooh, Gran Marcus Jr is taking me on ... again ... and I beat him with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte after 12:00 of fighting ... again. Yawn. The fans gave it a "C+" but I'm really wanting a bigger challenge! What do you have to do to get a break around here? Don't they want to make good use of me, since I'm on written contract for more than two years?[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Up against Mando Guerrero again. Beat him in 7:00 with a pancake facebuster. The crowd gave the match a "C" rating. I'm still waiting for my challenge![/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Gypsy Joe's on my list for tonight's big monthly show. It only took me 9:00 to wear him down enough for the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte to finish him off. The crowd gave it a "C+" overall. I've now won five matches in a row and I know I could be leading this fed if they'd give me the chance to prove myself against real enemies.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]October 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against El Gran Apollo. But he proved to be no match for my Salpicadura Alado de Muerte, which knocked him flat at 12:00 ... and he STAYED down! Six in a row, people, this has got to mean SOMETHING to the bookers of this fed, right? The crowd gave the match a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/i][/b]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm fighting Mando Guerrero AGAIN. And somehow he kept fighting despite having no arm power, barely an ounce of leg power, and a bloody head like I've never seen. Just kept lobster crawling away from me, pissing me off, making me want to go ape**** all over him! Finally I snapped and, after whipping him into the corner and knocking the ref unconscious, I hit him with the Martinete FOUR TIMES in a row, and then stood there breathing heavily as the ref came to and declared his unconscious body medically unable to fight! The crowd gave this one a "B+" overall! But I get no call from the fed about a promotion. This is getting ridiculous! I'm 60% over in Mexico, and yet I'm still jobbing as an opener? F--- this! I better see some better fights next month, or my temper may get the best of me![/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 97-102 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]Mexico[/b]: 60% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 47% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 20% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 62% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 41% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 34% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 50% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 30% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 35% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 62% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 37% ([b]+3[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]November 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Another match against Gran Marcus Jr. This was actually a pretty good fight, which became a GREAT MATCH when I ended it as the ref turned his back with a perfect Martinete! Got the pinfall at the 20:00 mark, and another "B+" match! How long can they deny me a boost on the card if I keep winning matches like this?[/color] [center][color=darkblue]Got called into Salvador Lutteroth's office after the match. "So," he tells me. "I hear you want a promotion." I simply shrug, and point out the fact that I'm now 61% over in Mexico, on an eight match win streak, and that I hold a 28-14 record in the fed after just having won the 200th match I'd participated in. "Seems to me you have a point," he tells me. "So I'm boosting you to the Low Midcard." "Okay," I say with my voice calm. "Now I also want a valet." "Sure, sure," he says. "Luna Vachon's free, she'll introduce your matches from here on out." "Excellent," I say, knowing I hold all the cards here. "There's also the subject of booking. I want to face decent competition, no more of these fighters so far beneath me that my overness suffers just from fighting them." He rubs his hands together. "Fine, fine, you're really breaking my balls here though." He rustles some papers on his desk. "What can you do about this, Fransisco?" He looks at his son, who does his own paper rustling deal before speaking up. "Well, you've put on good matches against Rick Martel, would you have a problem feuding with him?" "I was thinking more the caliber of Bruser Brody." The two start laughing. "Who the f--- do you think you are, niño? Who would pay to see you fight him? He's a God around here!" Salvador guffaws. "Fine, I'll feud Martel," I say, trying to regain my composure. It isn't easy taking a mocking like this knowing I could probably kill these two with a couple swift moves. "The hell you will!" Salvador says, his body tensing. "That bird has flown, asno* and he's not coming back. I'm making you feud a new enhancement talent we just signed, Chris Benoit. He's only 15 over in this fed, that ought to teach you to be a prick!" He laughs again, then stands and escorts me to the door. "Now don't come back into my office until you're a little more humble," he says, shoving me face-first into the hallway. I guess I halfway deserved it, but as the door slammed shut and I heard them in the room still laughing ([i]¡El tuvo algunas pelotas! ¿Quién demonios piensa él que él es?**[/i]) I vowed that I'll win their pissy little feud and rise to the top of this fed if it kills me. Then I'll find some way to bring them down.[/color][/center] [color=darkblue][size=1] *Direct translation means "burro" though it's the equal to jackass. **Roughly: "He has some balls! Who the devil does he think he is?"[/size][/color]

[color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I've been booked in a two on two, me and Gypsy Joe against Rick Martel and Chris Benoit. But hey, eat that, Lutteroth! I toyed with Martel until he tagged out, then I went full out on Benoit, crushing him with a Salpicadura Alado de Muerte 9:00 in, winning the match singlehandedly! The fans gave it a "C" overall.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]November 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Woah! I’m in the semi-main event against Fishman tonight! It only took me 14:00 to knock him senseless, he actually needed a medical DQ after I hit him with an Inverted DDT late in the match! I owe some points to Luna Vachon though, her crafty intervention kept Fishman from really flying, keeping him on the mat as much as possible. The fans gave it a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Match one's tonight in the feud between me and Benoit! And I've got to admit, I enjoy this guy's fighting style! He looks like a guy Vinnie Mac would be interested in for WWE ... and since he's not from Mexico, he didn’t lay down and die when I nailed him with the Martinette, which wooed the crowd, giving this match an aura of interest! I got ****y, and decided to pull a Fireball out of my hat for the first time here in Mexico ... and the ref DQ'd me for cheating at the 14:00 mark. The match got a "C+" from the fans, and I lost some overness and wrestling spirit (so don't expect me to do that a lot!) but it was a fun match. Next time, though, I'm gunning for the win straight up, and he'll crumble like a wall hit by a wrecking crew. I guarantee it.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]November 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm up against Mando Guerrero. He fought better than in the past, but I still got him into a Goodnight Irene sleeper hold with 16:00 expired, good for the win and a "B-" from the crowd.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm fighting El Hijo del Santo. I had him down 7:00 in with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte, when Chris Benoit ran in and broke up the pinfall! I finally did beat him though with the Spinning Death Valley Driver at the 14:00 mark, but Benoit did shatter my concentration, and he's going to pay for that next time we meet. The fans gave this one a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]November 1985[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Me and Ultraman vs. Chris Benoit and Kung Fu. This was a pretty good tag matchup, as both teams worked well against each other. But we lost when I was forced to go back into the match late and got blindsided by the Sunset Flip hit by Kung Fu at the 26:00 mark. But the match got a "B+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]It's time for match #2 in the Chris Benoit feud! THIS IS A MUST WIN MATCH. No problem, I just hammered him mercilessly, then hit the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte, knocking him out in 4:00 flat. The match was given a "C" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Now for match #3 in the Chris Benoit feud! Time to get an advantage in this one. Odd, he calls himself the crippler, but I managed to beat him in 10:00 with a simple Death Valley Driver! And thus I go up 2-1 in the feud. The fans gave this one a "C+" which is pretty good for this kind of mismatched fight. Win-Loss: 97-102[/color] [color=green][center][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 104-104 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]Mexico[/b]: 58% ([b]-2[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 45% ([b]-2[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 21% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 63% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 41% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 39% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 56% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 32% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 37% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 66% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 38% ([b]+1[/b])[/center][/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]December 1985[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ah, the finish of the feud perhaps? Tonight it's me versus Chris B for the whole encherito! And this one had no true winner if you count only pinfalls -- though I did finally beat him into submission after 23:00, getting the medical DQ! The fans gave this one a "B+" for amazingness (who'd have expected it?) as I won the feud 3-1! But I learned tonight that I've got to "re-earn" my spot on the low midcard. They screwed me into a feud that winning wouldn't help me, losing would kill me, and then they use the fact that I beat a lowly worker and demoted me! That really blows![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I wasn't booked tonight.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]December 1985[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Me versus Gran Markus Jr again. Yawn. I beat him in 12:00 with the Spinning Death Valley Driver to counter his Roundhouse Body Punch, getting the pin and a "C+" from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I didn't get booked tonight either. This is starting to piss me off. I just won a feud with the guy they paired me against, they demote me, and they keep booking me against lesser people or not at all. How am I supposed to improve?[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]December 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm up against Rocky Santana tonight. Another fighter with less spirit than me, less overness than me, who they booked to beat me. I did everything I could to offset the bulls--- but it was to no avail. I had him beat in 4:00, but he still kept surviving and in the end he hit me with the Martinete at the 19:00 mark and the ref SAW but IGNORED IT. F--- this! The fans gave it a "B-" but I've had enough. I stopped by the Lutteroth office long enough to hand in my two weeks notice, and then went home to sleep off this anger. No longer am I worried about pissing my bosses off. I'm at a point where I know that I may be 19 but I'm also capable of facing down tough competition. If they're not gonna book me in solid fights, I'm not wasting my time, written contract or not.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I wasn't booked tonight.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]December 1985[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Hector Guerrero wanted to fight me tonight, so here goes ... I beat him into a medical DQ despite the fact that he cheated the whole way (low blows, several attempted -- and failed -- Martinetes, etc) and got a "B-" rating from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Hector wants a rematch. Beat him in 13:00 with a Spinning Explosion Suplex, good for a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]It's the big Celebration show for CMLL, and I'm fighting Gran Apache tonight. It only took 8:00 to hit him with the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte (for what may be the last time in this fed) to win by pinfall. The fans gave it a "C" and didn't seem too impressed.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]January 1986[/u] - Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]The annual Top 500 wrestlers list came out and I've come in at #33 in the world![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]My contract with CMLL is officially up. Carlos Flores called me up and asked if I'd be interested in staying in Mexico to fight for his United Wrestling Association as a Main Eventer. I told him sure, as long as I'm free to keep my options open. He's agreed to a $200 per appearance deal for three months. I'll retain the Señor Antorcha persona for now as well. The UWA had a show tonight (Todas las estrellas en viaje!) but I couldn't get there in time (they'd already booked the matches anyway, so I would have been f---ing things up. The fed also has another travelling show on Mondays (Universal todas las estrellas en viaje!) and a TV show on Thursdays (UWA Todas las Estrellas!) so I should have plenty of opportunities to fight if they book properly. Meanwhile I plan to keep an eye on US feds and see where I might get the fairest offers.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I wasn't booked tonight for UWA.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]New Japan Pro Wrestling called me up today and offered me an opener position with their fed at $200 per appearance for six months. I told them I'd agree for now, but I don't know how long I'll want to travel back and forth from Mexico to Japan. They have a TV show on Fridays (World Pro Wrestling) and a weekly Puroresu show on Wednesdays (which I can't imagine I'd be a part of). They called at 8 a.m. and I had time to hop a plane and made it just as the show was getting started, thanks to the time difference, though I'm now quite jetlagged. I'm fighting veteran David Schultz, who has a lot more respect and global overness than I do ... but it only took me ten minutes to get him into submission, using one of my favorites, the Goodnight Irene sleeper hold! The fans gave it a "C+" which isn't bad for an opener match.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]Janaury 1986[/u] - Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm fighting for UWA in the main event against Gran Hamada, the former UWA World Middleweight Champ! I talked to him before the show and we talked microphone skills (he gave me a few tips I hope will work) and then we went to work in our big bout! The match went on for 20:00 but we both wore down quickly due to the insane combinations of moves we were putting out there ... in the end it was brawn that won out, as I forced him to give up due to medical DQ! The match got a "B+" from the wowed crowd![/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]It turns out Japan has their monthly show tonight, so I flew to compete against "Manic" Matt Borne at the Fukuoka Dome! I fought hard, but Matt was one tough opponent. 16:00 in, he hit me with the Double Arm DDT for the win. The match got a "B-" overall from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm expected to stay in Japan, but UWA's show tonight has better visability, so I decided to head back there. Tonight they've booked me against Umanosuke Ueda. I hit the Salpicadura Alado de Muerte late in the match, but before I could get the pin, the ref DQ'd Ueda due to inability to fight back. The match lasted 16:00 and was rated "B-" by the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ueda wanted a rematch tonight on tour, so I agreed (hell, he put on a great fight last night, why not?) I got going quickly, hit him hard from the start and had him down with two counts out of three from a Salpicadura Alado de Muerte, when EL SATANICO came storming out and broke up the pinfall, slamming me in the face with a big balled up fist! The ref got him out of there quickly, but I'd lost my upper hand. The fight turned in Ueda's favor. At the 23:00 mark he got me into submission with a Katana Jime Judo Choker, giving us a "B+" ending. But I swear, I had the f---ing win! I'll KILL that prick for interfering! He ruined my perfect UWA record![/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm back in Japan again (this frequent flying's starting to wear me out!) to fight Chavo Guerrero Sr. He got me on the ropes early, but couldn't finish the deal, so I wore him down until the ref came in with that trusty Medical DQ at the 18:00 mark! The fans gave this one a "B-" overall.[/color] [color=green][center][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 113-107 [b][u]Overness[/b][/u] [b]Mexico[/b]: 64% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Japan[/b]: 34% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 48% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 22% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 65% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 43% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 40% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 60% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 33% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 40% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 69% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 41% ([b]+3[/b])[/center][/color]

Congratulations on getting your wins up higher then your losses. However I'm surprised that you had that much trouble with CMLL. From what little I know of Lucha you were beating some big names night after night. I mean really El Hijo Del Santo is no pushover! If I were running the place I'd have given you the feud with Brody. Ah well, here's hoping you do better in UWA and NJPW.

What was happening though is they were putting me in the hellhole known as "you can fight all these guys you've already beaten so much that their WreSpi is less than yours. If you win you'll get no WreSpi increase and very little overness boost. If you lose, you'll drop five points in overness and WreSpi." It was getting frustrating. Or I'd end up against some guy with half my overness and he'd be down to his last breath and then would live for twenty minutes on fumes until he managed to crush me (despite having perhaps 25 head 300 body 15 arms 15 legs) with some crazy move. When that happened it was brutal. That was what caused my "demotion."

[color=darkred][b][u]January 1986[/u] - Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got a call from Bob Geigel of Central States this morning! Seems he's been watching me, and he heard I was interested in making a move back in the US. He's offering me $640 per appearance on an open contract, MAIN EVENT, for a year! Of course I accepted, and I've chosen to leave NJPW as I'd rather focus on my two main event jobs. Tonight for UWA I'm fighting Killer Karl Krupp. I was on my way out to the ring, when El Satanico came out and tried to break my arm with a wrench! But I'm not quitting. I'll just get him later! I fought admirably, but it didn't take Krupp long to take advantage of my armlessness. He hit me with a leaping piledriver 10:00 in, and I was done. the match got a "C+" from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]CSTATE wins out over UWA, so it looks like I'll only be fighting in Mexico on Mondays and Thursdays. Tonight on Wrestling at the Chase, I'm against "Bulldog" Bob Brown in the main event! He's got major advantages on me in spirit and overness, so I'm hoping to be able to make a good match of it. But I fought much better than I'd hoped, and had several solid shots at getting him out (including a Weaver Lock that failed to get the submission at 16:00) ... But I did get him to give up a moment later, as I hit the Pancake Facebuster and the crowd went nuts! The match lasted 17:00 and was rated "B-" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked to fight for UWA tonight, so I stayed in Kansas City.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Bob Brown wanted a rematch tonight on "Bulldog's Last Stand." Of course this time I'm not star-struck, so I wasn't worried about whether I could beat him, but rather how quickly I would ... but this guy was a mammoth! And he decided he wouldn't fall no matter what I slammed him with. The match went on longer than (I believe) any singles match I've been in has lasted, he kept reeling but not falling. Finally, as I countered a roundhouse punch with Dave's Chimney Sweep (one of my low level moves) he finally crumbled to the ground as the ref declared him medically unable to continue a defense. It took 34:00 to reach that point, and the fans gave this one a "B+" overall![/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was given the night off, so I got to watch Central State All-Stars from the stands! Or at least I would have watched, had I not been mobbed for autographs of last night's program by fans! This is definitely new to me, but I could get used to it quickly ... [/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]My overness in Mexico is suffering due to lack of appearances there, and I'm really starting to like Central States, so I'm going to focus on my US appearances and return to being Dave Vonner rather than Señor Antorcha.[/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 115-108 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b]: 69% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Mexico[/b]: 62% ([b]-2[/b]) [b]Spirit[/b]: 52% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 22% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 65% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 43% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 40% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 62% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 40% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 71% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 43% ([b]+2[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]January 1986[/u] - Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight it's Dave Vonner vs Porkchop Cash on Wrestling at the Chase! We'd both fought a good bout but I got Porkchop Cash down with the Winged Splash of Death when Terry Funk ran in and pulled him to his feet! A few minutes later I was unsuccessful with the Goodnight Irene Sleeper Hold, and he ended up beating ME at 22:00 with the Big Splash! I had him down, and Funk had to interfere! I'll get him for this one. The crowd gave a "B+" to the whole affair.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I wasn't booked tonight on Bulldog's Last Stand.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Oh this is BIG! I've challenged Terry Funk, the biggest guy on the roster, to a grudge match, and it's for the Central States Heavyweight Title! They're billing this as one of the biggest underdog attempts of the year, saying I'm too young, too inexperienced to go for the title, but that I somehow stand a chance to beat him. I don't want to beat him. I want to DESTROY him! So I came out like a mad dog and slammed him -- HARD -- quickly gaining the advantage! When I hit the Winged Splash of Death at 12:00 he fell backwards, cracked his skull on the ringpost, and was out cold! SWEET REVENGE! I danced around the ring with his belt in my hand, as the crowd ... BOOED? Hey, f--- you! F--- YOU! I am the best thing IN THIS FED and I'm FINALLY GETTING MINE! You fans can SUCK IT! They gave it a "C+" and booed as I taunted them right back ... they want to hate me? Fine! I'll make them REALLY hate me before too long![/color] [center][color=green][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 116-109 [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b]: 73% ([b]+4[/b]) [img]http://jonathansanders.0catch.com/CentralStatesHvy.jpg[/img] [b]CENTRAL STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP![/b] [i]Successful Defenses[/i]: [b]0[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 55% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 22% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 65% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 42% ([b]-1[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 40% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 62% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 33% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 40% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 71% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 43% ([b]EVEN[/b])[/color][/center]

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson]Congratulations on the big win, looks like your career is set to be skyrocketing again. You might wanna do something about your speed though. Wouldn't want it to start dropping now that Funk is pissed off with ya.[/QUOTE] My speed's been increasing naturally about two points a month from matches. It decreases one point every six weeks from training (because I'm focusing on needed stamina / power training). So every three months I lose two points for every six points I've gained.

[i]I don't have time to format this in color. Sorry ;)[/i] [b][u]February 1986 - Week 1[/u][/b] [b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b]: Tonight I'm fighting Porkchop Cash, as he's decided if I can have the belt, he should be able to get it from me. Not gonna happen! He submitted easily, after 12:00, once I got him locked in the Goodnight Irene Sleeper Hold, and my first defense attempt was a success! Of course these ungrateful fans love booing me as their chosen hated heel, and they gave this match only a "C+" overall. [b][i]Friday[/i][/b]: Oh man! Now EVERYONE wants the belt! I'm up against a guy I haven't seen in years, Raymond Rougeau! And there's no way he's worthy of taking my belt away. I like the guy and all, but he's going the f--- down! I had him down in 10:00 with the Scorpion Death Drop, but Terry Funk rushed in to bust up the count! No matter ... I got him again at the 16:00 mark with another Scorpion Death Drop, and he was down for the three count. I'll worry about Funk later, all I know is I've successfully defended the belt two shows in a row, and I'm getting into a groove! And this match got a "B-" from the crowd (perhaps mostly due to Funk's interferrence, but I'll take it). [b][i]Saturday[/i][/b]: I've been given the night off as a reward, and I'm taking it. See you all next week, I'm going out drinking! [b][u]February 1986 - Week 2[/u][/b] [b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b]: Porkchop Cash is challenging me for the belt again. This match was absolutely brutal! We fought for half an hour, trading punches flips and kicks with wreckless abandon until we were both reeling. I then FINALLY managed to hit a pancake facebuster and got Cash down, and Funk busted in again! So I pulled out my secret weapon, a big f---ing chain, and whipped him repeatedly with it until he crawled out of the ring cursing my name! The ref said nothing, because I'd accidentally knocked HIM out with the chain as well! So we fought on for another eon, and what was crazy was that I had all my body power, plenty of arm and leg strength and yet I couldn't pin him! He'd lost almost everything, was within inches of a medical DQ, yet kept on getting up! Finally I got desperate: with 48:00 expired I countered his attempt at a Coco Butt with my Spinning Death Valley Driver, and .. IT WORKED! He went down, and I got the win, dancing around the ring while the crowd cheered manically! This match got an "A" easily, and I'll remember it as perhaps the best of my career to this point! Talk about a fight that had EVERYTHING! [b][i]Thursday[/i][/b]: I got a call this morning from Fritz von Erich, head of WCCW! He saw the fight last night and wants to offer me a Pay Per Appearance deal as a Main Eventer, worth $1,600 per appearance! Hell yeah I'll take it! The open-ended contract is currently written for 12 months. And with this added income, I'm now up to $15,480 in earnings this year, so I'm bumping my lifestyle up to "First Class!" I chatted with von Erich for a few minutes about what he wanted out of me at WCCW. He told me he would like to see me as a face for his fed, while I've been a heel everywhere else. Sure, I say, I can go for that. He's given me Gary Hart as a manager, which should help me out since I don’t have great mic skills yet. And he's considering giving me a title push against Terry Gordy for the WCCW Television Title! [b][i]Friday[/i][/b]: It's time for the Terry Funk rematch! This time I worked the fans a lot more, playing to their hatred of me by doing risky moves off the ropes, relying less on my big name moves until later in the match. I know I can whale on this guy early and often and win that way, but if the fans don't like it, they hate me (not for my wrestling persona but for my wrestling ABILITY). As the match progressed, we both tried risky moves. Funk kept trying to choke me down with wrist tape, while dragging me out of the ring, and I managed (while outside) to put him through a chair with the Vonner Slam, which enraged the ref to no end! I, however, won this match at the 29:00 mark when the ref finally decided that Funk was just too worn down to take it! Medical DQ, "B+" match rating, all-around craziness at ringside! I've defended the title for the fourth time in two weeks! [b][i]Saturday[/i][/b]: WCCW did not choose to book me tonight, and I was given the night off by CSTATE. Weekend, baby! [b][u]February 1986 - Week 3[/u][/b] [b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b]: Tonight on The Dallas Sportsatorium Show (WCCW) I'm fighting Chris Adams in the main event! Adams is slightly more over than I am here in the US, and he's got a good deal more wrestling spirit and his win loss record (61-19) seems daunting. But I'm on a five match roll, so I'm ready to let this momentum work for me! No one in this fed's seen me fight, so why should I worry? Wait ... I just heard it's a first blood match ... not my forte ... I better work this one to my advantage quickly! I somehow managed, however, to bust him open just 10:00 in while testing out a new move of mine, which I call "The Blender" which involves a series of swift kicks to the side of the head! The match got a "C+" rating, which I'll take in this kind of situation. But as a Main Event it was surely a disappointment to a lot of the fans. I'll try to avoid this kind of outcome in the future. [b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b]: This week WCCW has their Annual show ("The Dallas Cotton Bowl Show") booked against CSTATE. I'm fighting in a two on two Elimination Rules match: me and David von Erich against Killer Tim Brooks and Ron Bass! [u]Eliminations[/u] [b]26:00[/b]: Dave Vonner eliminated [b]Ron Bass[/b] with the Winged Splash of Death! [b]35:00[/b]: David von Erich eliminated [b]Killer Tim Brooks[/b] by submission, with the Iron Claw! This was a wild and crazy match, I hope you all got to see it live because there's no way I could go through all the fine detail of it ... but me and David von Erich made a great team, and we eliminated the others with ease. The fans seemed to enjoy it, they gave this one a "B+" overall! [b][i]Friday[/i][/b]: I was not booked tonight for CSTATE. [b][i]Saturday[/i][/b]: Tonight I'm in a three on three tag match for the WCCW Six Man Tag Title! Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts and Michael Hayes are being challenged by me, Angel Acevedo and Ken Mantell! It seems like quite a mismatch, neither of my teammates is up to my caliber, the other team meanwhile is way more experienced. But I'm sure as hell giving it a good shot! I took a hell of a beating, but I also did a f---load of damage to these bastards, Still, Michael Hayes, the cheating s---, eliminated me at the 17:00 mark with a brass knuckles punch, and the match got a "B-" overall. My "teammates" were useless, each taking severe beatings whenever they came out, so this was essentially a 3-on-1 match for a tag belt. [b][u]February 1986 - Week 4[/u][/b] [b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b]: Tonight I get a singles match against Killer Tim Brooks for WCCW! I had a chance to get him into submission at 17:00, but my Weaver Lock failed to bring him down ... from there this became a brutal slugfest, and the fans f---ing loved it! Brooks is good at pulling off mid-level cheat moves without pissing off the ref, so I had a lot to try and counter (throat jabs, eye gouges, he even hit me with the Brass Knuckles once, but I bounced back!) I hit him with my own pair of Brass Knuckles at 23:00 but he was unfazed ... tried a Spinning Death Valley Driver, but got countered with a throat jab that knocked all the air out of me and I stood there clutching my neck as the ref gave another mere warning! He then hit me with a piledriver, but Gary Hart pulled me out before the ref could do the three count! Thanks Gary! I hit him with a series of Flying Vonner Slams (he had so much blood in his eyes I could keep pulling the move off over and over, for the crowd's enjoyment) and then, with 27:00 expired, I went for the coup de grace, the Roll of Quarters Punch, but he countered with a bodyslam! A seated bionic elbow and then ... godDAMN! He slams my head right into the mat! I see stars ... but blood loss makes him dizzy, so I'm up again and f---ing pissed off! I hit the springboard back elbow, then attempted the fireball, but couldn't quite get it off! He hits me with the running knee, and I'm down! Headbutt to groin, then he gets me in the sleeper hold ... but I'm not buying it! I block a leaping piledriver attempt, then counter a running knee with the Spinning Death Valley Driver! 1 ... 2 ... suddenly TERRY GORDY RUNS IN AND BREAKS THE FALL! I hit the scorpion death drop on Gordy, then the Enziguri Kick on Brooks ... but he counters my Goodnight Irene sleeper hold with a jab to the throat! Warning from the ref (this f--- will take ANYTHING!) and we're back to our old tricks from earlier in the match, parrying blows and dragging this match out because neither of us wants to lose! The crowd's going nuts ... and thus it stayed, neither of us gaining a foothold, until the 50:00 mark when the ref finally stepped in and gave the DQ ... to Brooks, who could no longer mount a defense! This amazing "A" match wore me to the bone, but I won! [b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b]: Tonight Porkchop Cash has challenged me in CSTATE for the Central States Heavyweight Title. I won this one in 24:00 after beating Porkchop to the point where he needed a medical DQ! The fans loved watching me give this ferocious beatdown, and I got my second "A" match in a row as well as another successful title defense! [b][i]Friday[/i][/b]: I was not booked on Bulldog's Last Stand for CSTATE. [b][i]Saturday[/i][/b]: Tonight for WCCW I'm fighting with Dean Ho against The Outlaws (Black Bart and Ron Bass). It took me 22:00 of insanely brutal fighting against two guys who love to cheat, but I finally got Ron Bass to submit to the Weaver Lock after I spiked him in the head with the brass knuckles in the corner where the ref couldn't see! The match got a "B+" overall, so this has been a GREAT week for me! [center][b]Win-Loss[/b]: 125-110 (9-1 in February!) [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]US[/b]: 86% ([b]+13[/b]) [img]http://jonathansanders.0catch.com/CentralStatesHvy.jpg[/img] [b]CENTRAL STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP![/b] Successful Defenses: [b]5[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 58% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 23% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 66% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 45% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 94% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 41% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 65% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 34% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 41% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 74% ([b]+3[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 46% ([b]+3[/b])[/center] I have three pending offers, and I'm going to put this up to a vote. What should Dave Vonner do? [b]A[/b]) Stay with CSTATE and WCCW as Main Eventers on open contracts. [b]B[/b]) Accept offer from AWA (Written, 2 years, $8,000 per month, Main Event) [b]C[/b]) Accept offer from MACW (Written, 2 years, $24,000 per month, Upper Midcard) [b]D[/b]) Accept offer from WWF (Written, 2 years, $8,000 per month, Main Event) [b]Vote vote vote![/b] I'll go with your consensus!

Archived