PWG: In The Trenches

[I]My last diary, "SWR Presents: Dark Days of Wrestling" had to be scrapped due to a run time error. I'm extremely dissappointed, but then again that was one of my first goes at a diary and I think I've learned alot in presenting it. So, I've decided to give it another go. By the way, this is a fictional diary. It has nothing to do with anything going on in real life.[/I] [Center] [Quote][SIZE="4"][B]Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Sold![/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]The company has been sold to three anonymous investors out of the San Diego area. The deal has been in the works for quite some time, though; not much imformation has been leaked. We'll keep you updated as more details are announced.[/SIZE] [/Quote] [Quote][SIZE="4"][B]Latest WWE Cuts[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]As the sale of PWG was going on the WWE had a very busy week cleaning house. This is by far the biggest week of cuts made by the WWE to date with more than 30 workers and backstage crew getting their walking papers. Here is the full list: Arn Anderson, Tim White, Steve Lombardi, Bruce Pritchard, Vickie Guerrero, Hornswoggle, Trinity, Josh Matthews, Todd Grisham, Torrie Wilson, Sgt. Slaughter, Jillian Hall, Ashley, Kelly Kelly, Jonathan Coachman, Jim Korderias, Mike Chioda, Jack Doan, Brooke, Eric Bischoff, Gerald Briscoe, Kristal Marshall, Scott Armstrong, Chris Kay, Chad Patton, Candice Michelle, Marie Kanellis, Theodore Long, John Laurinatis, Pat Patterson, Michelle McCool, Queen Sharmell, Ariel, Mick Foley, Ricky Steamboat, Dave Taylor, Layla, Dean Malenko, Michael Hayes, and Paul Heyman! They also signed Chris Kanyon, Scott Hall, Nora Greenwald (Molly Holly), and Matt Anoai (Rosey). [/SIZE][/Center][/Quote]

[Center] [Quote][SIZE="4"][B]HEAD BOOKER ANNOUNCED[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Two weeks after the sale of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla to three ivestors from southern california a new header booker has been named. Charlie Vick, a realitively unknown in the wrestling industry will take the reigns once held by Disco Machine and Super Dragon. Both after having sold the company have decided to cut all ties with the organization. Under the new management we are told that PWG are cutting ties with alot of the previous talent in order to take the company in a new direction. Several wrestlers have already signed on with the new company with more to be announced in the following days/weeks. No formal date has been announced for the reopening of the promotion. Here is the list of wrestlers that have signed deals: Aaron Aguilera Afa Anoai Jr. Caprice Coleman Cheech Cloudy Danny Doring James Keenan Jason/Johnny Riggs Shane Hagadorn Trinity Tim White (will have a backstage road agent role with the company) Here is the list of wrestlers no longer with the company: Chris Bosh Dino Winwood Disco Machine Quicksilver Ronin Scropio Sky Scott Epperson Top Gunn Talwar Excalibur El Generico[/SIZE][/Quote] [/Center]

I'm a huge PWG fan and attend their shows here in LA almost monthly. I've never understood why, in the few PWG diaries I've seen on here, the author always guts the roster of what makes PWG...PWG. I think that core roster and sense of humor is what makes the company special so I hope this will keep in that vein and not just become a place for all the indy and ECW castoffs. I'll be reading...

I wish I could say I am going to enjoy this diary and watch it closely but cutting Chris Bosh, Super Dragon, Disco Machine, Talwar, Scorpio, Quicksilver, Excalibur and Generico ruined that hope for me! This looks very well written but come on... how do you have PWG without the people who made it?

[Center] [Quote][SIZE="4"][B]Familiar Faces Re-Signed[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]A few days ago it was reported that Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and it's previous six owners would go there seperate ways. Since the announcement the new management have been swamped with letters and emails from PWG faithful expressing their anger with the decision. Fearing that the majority of the fan base would leave as a result, Charlie Vick has talked with all six men about remaining with the company. They have all reportedly agreed to re-sign with the company. The promotion's first show under the new ownership has also been announced. PWG Presents: [SIZE="5"]One Night With Your Wife![/SIZE] Saturday Week#4, May 2007 Matches Announced: El Generico(c) vs Joey Ryan (PWG Championship) Chris Hero vs Kevin Steen [/SIZE][/Quote][/Center]

Dude I wasnt trying to be an ******* to you I really wasn't... PWG just already has probably the second best roster in the world and there is really no need to fix a lot of it! This video shows exactly why Generico and Bosh deserve there job... If you want I can hook you up with more PWG videos when I have spare time so you can learn more about PWG

Yeah sorry to sound like it was being negative. PWG is a very unique promotion. They use a lot of comedy and don't take themselves too seriously. Plus their roster is key to that. So I just never understood why people take PWG as a promotion but then just turn it into ECW-lite or whatever. It's kind of like what WWE did with ECW...why use the brand if you're not going to be using what makes it special. Look at it this way...you definitely garnered some impassioned response. Much better than indifference...it means people care! :) I have to say, the write up of how you handled resigning them was great and I'll definitely be reading. I do apologize if my previous post came off negatively. I definitely don't want to discourage any diary writers.

[QUOTE=Chuck;226613] If you want I can hook you up with more PWG videos when I have spare time so you can learn more about PWG[/QUOTE] I have been watching videos on you tube since you guys brought it to my attention. It's actually really good, and pretty funny. Excalibur pretending to be retarded, I must say I laughed so hard I peed a little. I'm going to hell. I appreciate your responses. I'm mean, I started with them because I liked the name, I knew nothing more about the company. You don't have to apologize for being passionate about something you enjoy. I'll do my best to honor them.

[Center] [Quote][B][SIZE="4"]Distrust Brewing?[/SIZE] [/B] [SIZE="3"]Several insiders have reported a high level of distrust between the original owners and the new management of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. It seems that the re-signing of key guys such as Super Dragon, Excalibur, and Joey Ryan, etc. was a last ditch effort to please the PWG fanbase. Some fear that after the new management establishes themselves that most of the workers that built the company from the ground up will be "jobbed" out in favor of the new guys. Charlie Vick has reportedly met with the current roster to assure them of their positions with the organization, and plans to meet with all six men individually in order to address any issues they may have.[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]One Night With Your Wife![/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]El Generico(c) vs Joey Ryan (PWG Championship) Chris Hero vs Kevin Steen Jack Evans vs Quicksilver Necro Butcher and Chris Bosh vs Human Tornado and Caprice Coleman[/SIZE][/Quote][/Center]

[B]El Generico(c)[/B] vs Joey Ryan (PWG Championship) [I]Though nothing would please me more than Joey retaking the belt and putting it back into the Dynasty I don't see it happening... Generico is a good champ though[/I] Chris Hero vs [B]Kevin Steen[/B] [I]Steen picks up a nice solid win and gets back on the road to the PWG Main Event... maybe a future match between Generico and Steen?![/I] Jack Evans vs [B]Quicksilver[/B] [I]Though Evans has beat Quicksilver in the past (in WSX) I think a win here could help Silver's career. Why is Silver not tagging with Tornado as Cape Faer?[/I] [B]Necro Butcher and Chris Bosh[/B] vs Human Tornado and Caprice Coleman [I]I really like this idea as the Dynasty could add Necro as the "Muscle" of the group... Ryan, Bosh, Lost, Scorpio and Necro... Coleman and Tornado is also not a bad idea since they are both "Black"... Good booking...[/I] I look forward to your first show and if you need any help with anything send me a line

[Center][SIZE="4"][B]Pro Wrestling Guerrilla [/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Roster:[/SIZE] [Quote][SIZE="3"]B-Boy Caprice Coleman Cheech Cloudy Chris Bosh Chris Hero Davey Richards Dino Winwood Disco Machine El Generico Excalibur Frankie Kazarian Human Tornado Jack Evans Jade Chung James Keenan Jason Riggs Johnny Riggs JD Michaels Joey Ryan Johnny Riggs Kevin Steen Necro Butcher Payton Petey Williams Quicksilver Rocky Romero Ronin Scorpio Sky Scott Lost Shane Hagadorn Super Dragon TJ Perkins Top Gun Talwar[/Quote][/SIZE][/Center]

[B]El Generico(c)[/B] vs Joey Ryan (PWG Championship) I think Generico is one of the best babyfaces in the biz and should retain here. A frustrated Joey is a good Joey. [B]Chris Hero[/B] vs Kevin Steen A good heel challenger to build for a nice match with Generico Jack Evans vs [B]Quicksilver[/B] [B] Necro Butcher and Chris Bosh[/B] vs Human Tornado and Caprice Coleman I really have no idea on this one...Bosh and Necro is a hell of a contrast of styles and a unique team. Oh and Chuck...it was Generico and Quicksilver that were Cape Fear (they wear capes and inspire fear!) I think Tornado and Generico were called "Two Skinny Black Guys"

Archived