WWE - The Long Road Back

[i]Yes, I am well aware I have a diary lower on the page. But after reading the other diaries on this forum, I would have more fun with the biggest promotion in the world. The WWE. And that's what this is all about, right?[/i] [center][img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/3bulletproof16/WrestleMania23ff23.jpg[/img][/center] Wrestlemania. The Grandaddy of them all. At Wrestlemania 23, lots went down. It set the WWE up for a great run in the next year. Let's give you the recap. [quote]EDGE vs CM PUNK vs KING BOOKER vs JEFF HARDY vs KEN KENNEDY vs FINLAY vs MATT HARDY vs RANDY ORTON in a ‘Money In The Bank’ Ladder Match: A great match, these men really tore it up. But the real story is the ending. Orton and Edge were on opposite ropes, both going for the case. They battled, neither getting an advantage. Finally, Orton RKO'd Edge off the top of a ladder. (The Jeff Hardy spot did not happen). Ken Kennedy climbed one. ladder, unhooking the briefcase. As he was preparing to win the match, Rob Van Dam ran down the ramp, slid into the ring, and kicked the ladder over! Kennedy flew over the ropes, and RVD scrambled up the other ladder to grab the Money in The Bank. Winner: Rob Van Dam KANE vs THE GREAT KHALI Kane squashed Khali. 'Nuff Said. Winner: Kane CHRIS BENOIT vs MVP (United States Title) A surprisingly good match from MVP, but Benoit got the Crossface, and got the tap out. Winner: Chris Benoit BATISTA vs THE UNDERTAKER for the World HeavyWeight Title: These two went all out, but they were too interested in hurting eachother, to notice the referee counting them out. (The Fans...Did not like this one....) TOMMY DREAMER, ROB VAN DAM, SABU & THE SANDMAN vs ELIJAH BURKE, KEVIN THORN, MATT STRIKER & MARCUS COR VON: Why wasn't this match hardcore. Rob Van Dam came out with the case, to big pops. The Originals won this one, but it was open. Winner: ECW Originals MELINA vs ASHLEY MASSARO for the Women’s Title: Mickie James ran out, and caused a no contest. Good, because Ashley really cannot go. Winner: No Contest UMAGA (with Vince McMahon) vs BOBBY LASHLEY (with Donald Trump) in a Representative Hair vs Hair Match: Why was this the big match for the brass? Lashley won, Stone Cold Stunnered some people, and it was nothing. Winner: Bobby Lashley JOHN CENA vs SHAWN MICHAELS for the WWE Championship: Cena showed some actual ability in this match, and the WWE continues to love him. He hit an F-U, then carried HBK to the top rope, and delivered another F-U for the win. Winner: John Cena [/quote] After WrestleMania, it will all begin, again. [i]I was going to do a huge write-up, but it got lost. Dammit. I may edit this in the future when I have more time.[/i]

Archived