Monday Night Wars Scenario [Discussion]

Seeing as we have DOTT as the premier 80s [and the only one] scenario for WreSpi, I was thinking of doing one based in November of 1995, which is when WCW received their Nitro show. Although I could handle WWF, WCW and some of ECW and USWA, I was wondering who would be interested in doing anything I would need help with. I have already started work on this and I plan on having Version One out...before September (:-P) I am using [url]http://www.tew-online.com/scenarios/1995files.zip[/url] as a base. Version One's Features: Full Rosters of the WCW and the WWF Full Movesets of atleast 100 of the top stars of 1995. Partially filled promotions... <_< Earl Hebner. This is my promise. If I could get anyone to do the ECW movesets, that would be great as it would give more variety, but I promise WCW and WWF will be in there. EDIT: Also, a link to where pictures could and logos could be found of the time would be great. And anyone who says Google will be banned from downloading it......

I'm new here, so you may not trust me enough to take me to help you, but I think I could to some of ECW-moveset. Not all, I don't know all wrestlers of that time too well, but I think I can make atleast one third of them. I'm sorry for bad language, English isn't my first language and I'm not very good at it either.

OWW was on my list Rick but thanks for reassuring that, as I take it that's where you found most of the pictures for DOTT. Rawk, that would be sweet. EMail me at [email]joshmancini88@cox.net[/email] so we can figure out whatcha can do. Once I get the basic moves [I think I'm just going to take the original set and then edit them to fit the needs of the wrestlers of 95] I could send the database over once I do the moves I do or you could make the movesets in notepad? Maybe Mister Ryland could tell us what to do... or Rick and Boon might like to share their secrets... You see, despite their being an import button on movesets, it's impossible to do it. So Rawk will be doing some of the ECW, I could probably handle the rest of ECW as well as WWF. My bro will be doing the WCW stuff I handled the NJPW, AJPW, WWF and WCW events. The ECW ones are next, as soon as I figure out when certain events are held in 95/96. Events included that cannot be simulated correctly: WCW World War 3 and Fall Brawl WWF Royal Rumble and King of the Ring The NJPW G1 Climax Event This leaves the following up for helping, via websites or manual labour: With some websites, I could probably handle: Memphis Wrestling Federation USWA SMW I really need help with: AAA CMLL A Little of Both: AJPW NJPW Guaranteed (SP?) List Updated: Full WWF, WCW and hopefully ECW rosters w/movesets. The promotions listed above? WCW, WWF and ECW with complete events Why before September you may ask? Because I have no idea what I'm doing this summer. Still living at home I may be forced to go to work for the family, etc. So until July, I can't shorten/extend that length. If I do not have to work then I can devote about 1/4 of my life to this scenario. The other 3/4 will be divided among my social life, family life, football management games and TEW 2005. That's right, sleep is what I'm sacrificing for you people. Enough of my nonsensical ranting though. Time to search for pictures. EMail, drop a line here or IM me on that AIM thingy <_< [JoshMancini88]

The best of luck to you on this, Briskout. While Wrestling Spirit isn't the easiest game to make scenarios/mods for, it might be one of the most satisfying. Were I not a complete ignoramus on the time period, I'd offer to help. As it is, though, I would be more a hindrance than help. The way Rick and I did it (in essence): He converted the 1983 TEW scenario that someone and I did last year to get the basics for DOTT. While Rick added in events, t.v. shows, relationships, etc., I did the moves and movesets. All the while, we would exchange what we had done to cut down on the confusion (AIM was very helpful in doing so). After the main bumps in the road were smoothed out, Rick moved on to his other projects while I tweaked/added to all the relevant DOTT data. Either he had an insane amount of faith in my 'vision' of the scenario, or we subconsciously felt that it was easier that way. Considering I had created a scale on moves that was different than the CornellVerse, the workers had to fall into the same scaling - or else all would have been out of whack. For that reason, I took over the workers file and tweaked the wrestlers to fit the new moves & movesets. I'd think that the original data would be a good fit from late 90s stuff, so at least the starting moves will be a good base for this project (minus the CornellVerse specific moves, that is). With DOTT, I think I ended up gutting/eliminating at least 75% of the original moves. After that, it was just a matter of fleshing out the relationships, ensuring that the events fit the promotions; blah, blah, blah. :) In all, it took about four months to get the first version out there. We probably should have waited awhile, considering how much stuff we would go on to adding. The best advice I can give: * Ensure that whoever works on the project remains on the same page all the way through. If more than one person does movesets/moves, it can get to be double the work if both aren't within the same framework. * Never set a custom moveset as a default (eh, Rick? ;) Bad mistake on my part - especially when all brawlers are now using hulkamaniac sets). * Try to have as much of the moves file done before doing the majority of movesets. I did it more half-assed; moves, movesets, more moves, more movesets, etc. It got to be a pain in the butt. * If you do add new moves after having a bunch of movesets done, preface the new moves with '*'. That way, all new moves will be at the top of the list - making it easier to add into existing movesets. * And finally, test the heck out of the scenario before you even consider releasing it (one of our biggest failings, imo - we should have gotten at least one tester). Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived