NWA: A New Beginning

Jim Cornette walked through the exit of Total NonStop Action Wrestling for the last time. It was time to face facts. TNA had decided to break with the National Wrestling Alliance and strike out on their own. They didn't need the NWA. They had their own audience, not the NWA audience, and they didn't need to pay the NWA money just to stay. They had provided a nice little severence package, however. The NWA was terminally ill. Now, without TNA, they had no national showcase. They were just a bunch of indy guys tied loosely together, pounding their chests and saying "We're part of the NWA." At one time, the NWA was [i]the[/i] power in wrestling. Ric Flair, Lou Thesz, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat, all of these men were stars in the NWA. And people flocked to see them. Now, they were lucky to draw 300 people per show. It's time to do something drastic. [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Nwalogobw.JPG[/IMG][/CENTER] The NWA has reached the lowest point in our history. Today, a new chapter opens in our history. We would like to announce to things here, one an ending, another a new beginning. Total NonStop Action Wrestling has severed all ties with the NWA. They have debuted a brand new "TNA World Title" and broken our contract. They have payed their severence fee, and there are no hard feelings. But, the new beginning. At certain times in the history of our industry, we could have died. We could have rolled over and died. But the business continued, in a different form, with a different leader, a different focus. Today we display that new focus. The NWA would like to announce the formation of a new promotion, a consolidation of the best independent talent in the wrestling world. We begin once again. Today, the NWA gets it's first taste of national television exposure in over ten years. World Championship Wrestling and Total NonStop Action wrestling were not about the National Wrestling Alliance. We would like to announce the formation of NWA: Reborn. And we will debut NWA On Showtime, beginning the first week of march. This is the first national television coverage for the NWA for a very long time, and we're going to pull out all the stops. This is not your father's NWA. We have learned from the passage of time, and know what sort of product is expected. However, we hope to retain that classic element that makes the NWA, the NWA. Prepare for a new genesis of the industry. Prepare, for the rebirth of the NWA. [/QUOTE] Jim Crockett Jr. leaned back from his computer. [i]Whew...[/i] The door opens. "Hey, what are you doing here?" "I want to be a part of what you're doing." "No one better sir, no one better."

NWA On Showtime [center][img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8920/nwashowtimelogopq1.jpg[/img][/center] Showtime.com - [quote]We would like to announce our partnership with the National Wrestling Alliance to air a one-hour show at 10 PM on Wednesday nights. NWA On Showtime will be hosted by Dave Prazak and Jim Cornette Jr, with Terry Taylor as the backstage interviewer. The show will air live, so anything can happen. Stay tuned for more information, and enjoy NWA On Showtime![/quote]

Archived