I would like to see the number of 5 star players limited to reflect real world numbers. 5 star players as well do not walk on. There are basically three things that happen. 1. JUCO 2. Prep Academy 3. Sign Scholarship. All the top players should commit to a school. They should never be undecided at the end. Left Elbow U should not get the #1 HB because he walked on as a need. Cough* EA *Cough. I would like to see the ability to send them to JUCO and them have them re-recruited later. If you could, I would like to prep them and come back as freshmen. There are rules for this and they would have to be used. You can only prep if you fail to graduate. In a sim game the recruiting and the stats are the defining feature. Are we going to have in-season recruiting? Are visits limited to 5 per recruit?

You've had very good suggestions today ... this is one I like also. At the end of recruiting there should be a list of what happened to 3,4, and 5 stars that didn't sign anywhere. If he's pumping gas then so be it, but it'd be nice to see so-so's grades weren't so hot so he is going to Juco look for him in 2007

I would also like to see most of the top recruits be high school qbs. (For example, all 3 of Wisconsin's starting LBs last year were high school qbs.) I would also like to see recruits future position somewhat unkown. You see a high school running back, size 5'10" 205, you have some idea of his physical and mental tools, and you recruit him thinking he might be able to play linebacker or safety.

One thing that might be a neat feature is "advice" on what position a recruit might be best suited as. In TCY the only way to tell is to switch him from HB to LB and see how his stats look... if he doesn't compute, owell, you've lost a HB. Perhaps there could be an advice peice on each player from the coaching staff, that a highschool QB might be better suited as a LB/HB but not a WR etc. It would make it easier I think for us to decide, being that we don't really have hands on experience with the players.

Archived