Rating categories

What are we going to see? What would everyone like to see? I was thinking about a hidden leadership category that is unlocked if you hit a set of criteria. If a QB starts so many games and has so many pass yards and less than a certain amount of interceptions then he is boosted as a leader. He knows the system and how to work it. I just want something factored in that cannot be controlled. Maybe a random character rating. Not every player works out and about half of the 5 star players never pan out. As much as I would hate the idea, it would be cool to sign an Elite 11 QB and then come to find out he is lazy as hell and I have to play another QB becasue he cant learn. Anything so there are no sure things.

Okay, I'll tell you what I'd like to see in ratings. Every player has a full set of ratings. Even my third string punter should have ratings in tackling (could come in handy if the other 10 don't do their job), passing, rushing, avoiding fumbles (hands for short I guess), awareness, etc. This comes into play in recruiting. As was posted in another thread, a lot of H.S. QB's play other positions in college. It's because they were the most athletic player on their H.S. team, but in college, there's someone who can throw better. It doesn't detract from their athleticism, it just means they need to adjust (just look at Randle El, Indiana U. QB to Pittsburg WR, if I remember correctly). We really won't know until training camp who needs to be moved to a different position. The great college coaches are the ones who can find the best uses for the talent that they get (obviously with help from the assistants, hint, hint).

Archived