New Bowl Bound Screenshots

Thanks. I've worked in college and pro sports for 30 years. That includes seven years as a high-ranking member of the athletic department of two Division-I colleges. Just hoping the devlopers do a realistic job with this area of the game.

Munster, thanks for the great feedback. I would say that the main items that impacts a recruit's decision in BBCF are (in varying order for each player): Location Playing time team playing style Head coach team prestige chance to win recruiting effort Academics do not player a factor in recruiting (outside of deciding whether a player qualifies). I am currently deciding what impact the number of players from a kid's high school should play (if any). There is also a slight offset of "parent" that may occur, but I will get more into that later. But, for the most part, the above items are the main decision factors. I certainly understand that some would like to have a much earlier start to recruiting (ie, junior year), but I just haven't found a good way to work that into multiplayer yet and made a decision decision to start the recruiting process in the fall of their senior season at HS (or soph at a JC).

That's a good start, Arlie. Thanks for the info. Understanding that there is a finite number of weights and factors you can build into the process, I would make these comments: > The presence of players from a recruit's HS is a factor in some, but not all, cases. You could eliminate it if you're just sick of writing code. Or as a compromise... > When a player visits your campus, you could assign a letter grade to the quality of his experience (explicit to the game player). This would incorporate all the factors I alluded to (weather, campus/town attractiveness, etc. -- and even the presence of players from his alma mater.) For example, at the end of the recruiting "week," we might see an "A" if the player had the time of his life...or an "F" if he and the star QB got into a fistfight over a girl. ;) -- or any grade in between. This would be another clue as to how successful the recruiting effort for the player is so far. > Keep this in mind: Early offers and interest are more effective in impressing a recruit and have a lasting effect -- but there is a feeling that the LAST visit he takes tends to have the highest impact. > For all the minutae that goes into recruiting, the process is nothing if not unpredictable. Keep that "X-factor" in mind: a coach gets an e-mail from the coach of a top prospect who would be interested in his school if only you were recruiting him...a parent jumps in and makes his kid go to State U...a kid gets caught with a little weed in high school and the school prez revokes the scholly offer...a nice player at another school is homesick or isn't getting the PT and wonders if there's any room at good ol' Tech...a recruit defies all conventional wisdom and predictions and suddenly commits to the darkhorse suitor...a recruit wants to decommit from a school in the final week and asks you if you have any rides left for him. Carry on!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived