The Dunvegan Dynasty: Renew/Cancel 1983-1984

The Dunvegan Dynasty: Renew/Cancel 1983-1984  

11 members have voted

1. 1. The Dunvegan Dynasty: Renew/Cancel 1983-1984

I figured I would do something fresh here. I hope the results of this experiment are fresh as well, though I'm not gonna count my chickens before they've hatched. Basically, at the end of every game year in my diary (currently, the end of the game year is tagged to be after Starrcade), I will post a poll as to whether or not the diary gets renewed for another year, kinda like with television shows. Now I know my diary isn't for everyone, it's got a particular style of its own. It's an abbreviated diary that goes over story points but doesn't get overly complex in its design. It's not the kind of diary with hundreds of pictures that takes three or four hours to write up; if I wanted to take that long writing up results, I'd still be running an e-fed! If my diary just isn't your particular style, that doesn't mean you have to punish me or my diary. Still, I know mine isn't the best, though I do believe it's underrated since I think it's something different. Now I have challenged myself to keep this game going not just for months of game time, not just for years of game time, but for [i]decades[/i] of game time. If you're interested in keeping up (it's a light diary that doesn't take much effort to follow) and interested in seeing if I can get DOTT to 2007 and beyond, just vote to renew the diary. It's a challenge for sure, and I have a lot of ideas, but yeah, not every card is going to be great, and it's not gonna be exciting all the time or even most of the time. Still, I hope to keep it going. So let the voting begin. [SIZE="1"]P.S. I reserve the right to disregard any votes by trolls or alts, for the sake of fairness.[/SIZE]

Any more votes? Also, while we're at it, does anyone have any suggestions that might improve the diary [i]without[/i] taking away the simplicity and casualness of it? I'm not looking to have huge reports like those who put all the pictures and everything in, but anything else that could add to it without making it a chore could be a good thing.

Well, looks like The Dunvegan Dynasty has been renewed for 1983-1984! It was a close vote, though. I hope that the new format brings in more readers and garners some positive feedback! First off, even if you normally do not like to read my diary, check out Starrcade [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239300&postcount=109"]HERE[/URL] for a real treat. Since it is a supershow, I gave it the time and respect and effort it deserves. That will not be the standard by any means because it is simply too time consuming for my tastes, but it is the treatment the annual supershows will get. Second, I will be using a new format from this point onward, borrowed from joose2001's [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23241"]"Oh God! Not another WWE Dynasty!!"[/URL] diary. So if you did not like the previous format, come back and check things out as we head into the next year and you may find yourself enjoying it a bit more. Still, my diary will still be intended to be casual reading, not a hardcore super-dynasty, so keep that in mind if you check it out. Furthermore, I would like to issue a plea to the people here on the forum: whether you love me or hate me personally, do not punish my diary over personal feelings toward me. I only ask that you all try to separate me from my diary and judge the product from a completely disconnected point of view. I know I am not the most popular person around, but I am putting forth the effort, so I hope that those efforts are reciprocated. I say we just forget about the past; it was pointless and unimportant nonsense anyway. We are here for TEW2007 above all, so I think we should just forget these silly grudges. I hope for a positive outcome to all of this.

Archived