I would like to have the option to offer to "buyout" a competitors fighter. How? By simply offering the competitor a cash sum to purchase the contract. It happens in other sports such as soccer or EU basketall all the time, maybe in the MMA world it does not, but in theory it could take place. Maybe an option to "loan" out a fighter for 2 or 3 fights if lets say he has a 5 fight contract. I do not know if this happens in real life, but i cannot see why it can't. What do the rest think?

[QUOTE=Capelli King;238489]I would like to have the option to offer to "buyout" a competitors fighter. How? By simply offering the competitor a cash sum to purchase the contract. It happens in other sports such as soccer or EU basketall all the time, maybe in the MMA world it does not, but in theory it could take place. Maybe an option to "loan" out a fighter for 2 or 3 fights if lets say he has a 5 fight contract. I do not know if this happens in real life, but i cannot see why it can't. What do the rest think?[/QUOTE] Loans should definately be in. That's exactly what happened with Chuck Liddell and Ricco Rodriguez going to fight in Pride and what was supposed to happen with Wanderlei Silva when he showed up in UFC before all kinds of crap went down.

i def like loans....i dont see any reason for mma feds to be at war(ala tew), as i think that hurts the sport overall. i like the buyout of contracts, but i think the fighter should have say where he works...afterall he did decide to work for the origional company.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;238870]Sure, the actual fighter could maybe veto some decision.[/QUOTE] If its in his contract he should be able to veto it... but yeah fighter loaning and occasional organizations "at war" would actually be viable. At least for a while UFC and IFL are at the very least not helping eachother at all, and at the most at war lol....

Archived