End of the Season Awards?

I think we can safely assume they will be. The trick is getting them to work correctly. I think that they shouldn't JUST be based on stats but toughness of opponents etc....Harder to implement but I think it is possible if there is time to go that far.

Yeah, but for Heisman it should be stats as I've always found that to work for EA's Games, but for something like Coach of The Year Toughness of opponents and team strength etc has to be included rather then just record.

[QUOTE=Colby]Yeah, but for Heisman it should be stats as I've always found that to work for EA's Games, but for something like Coach of The Year Toughness of opponents and team strength etc has to be included rather then just record.[/QUOTE] Heisman ==== Hype Not always the best "College" player .... to much emphasis on the players "Pro" potential and school success ....

• 2 weeks later...
How do guys like Leinart and Carson Palmer win the Heisman if it's about strength of schedule? They play in the Pac10. Barely beating teams like UCLA doesn't exactly scream Heisman at me. I don't think the Trojans would last in the Big 12 or Big 10. They would lose [I]at least[/I] 2 every year. Leinart and Palmer benefitted from easy competition. So, again, the Heisman obviously has nothing to do with strength of schedule. It's basically a popularity contest. Larry Johnson should of won ahead of Palmer and Alex Smith should of won ahead of Leinart. But, again, the Heisman is about popularity.

[QUOTE=RyGuy]How do guys like Leinart and Carson Palmer win the Heisman if it's about strength of schedule? They play in the Pac10. Barely beating teams like UCLA doesn't exactly scream Heisman at me. I don't think the Trojans would last in the Big 12 or Big 10. They would lose [I]at least[/I] 2 every year. Leinart and Palmer benefitted from easy competition. So, again, the Heisman obviously has nothing to do with strength of schedule. It's basically a popularity contest. Larry Johnson should of won ahead of Palmer and Alex Smith should of won ahead of Leinart. But, again, the Heisman is about popularity.[/QUOTE] I agree on the Heisman point, but I think you are selling USC a little short. They had a *decent* game against the best in the Big 12 last season ;)

The Heisman list is started by the top 5-8 returning offensive players at major schools based on last year's performance with a sprinkling of top players from mid-majors (basically QB's from the MAC). To win the Heisman you and your team must do 3 things: 1)play a bunch of games on TV 2)win all your major games and 3)look really good doing it. It has nothing to do with pro potential. In fact since Vinny T. won it in the mid 80's, you can count on one hand the number of top pros that have won it. As for USC being terrible and getting drilled in the Big 10 or 12, what year's are you talking about? The Big 12 has been terrible if your name isn't OK or TX in recent years, and the Big 10 has been equally mediocre. They have had a ton of players drafted early by the NFL which is the best gauge for how talented and good a team is with more to come over the next few years (Leinhart, Bush, White, several OL/DL, etc). And as Arlie mentioned, when they played the best Big 12 team, they kinda mopped the floor with them, and as bad as LSU played the previous year, I think they would have done the same to them.

The main problem with the Hiesman is that work on the award begins before even the season does, as Universities expand effort getting word out about how great their guy is, all before he's stepped on the field. How many other sports have a top award where the team the player comes from begins a propaganda campaign for him before the season even begins. How this game handles this phenonenom will be interesting. I'd till like a College Player of the Year award that is based solely on the stats and contribution to a player after the year is over, and isn't limited to just QB and HB. Heck why not have the both?

Archived