My programming adventure: a Baseball Manager

Guest palli

Guest palli
Hi, Maybe someone is interested in my "little" project. Some details: I work on this project for more then one year and last week I went public with a small webpage and forum. So anyone who is interested in the development of a baseball manager can come and visit the site, get more informations and look at the first 3 screenshots. I will write updates on the board on a regular basis (almost every day). Everyone can write ideas for the game and discuss the stuff already in the game. Btw, like the guy from Ootp I´m from Germany so excuse my bad English. And I don´t know why so many people from Germany write baseball manager games. But I´m at the same university as Markus was, in fact, I started when Markus made Ootp his fulltime job. :) The game is written in C++. So come to my page and give me some feedback. :) The webpage is: [URL=http://www.perfect-game-baseball.com]Perfect Game[/URL] palli

It looks really good. Too bad the market is saturated already - my opinion only - with OOTP, EA Game MLB, and of course the best of all three, Baseball Mogul. Advice Palli, either $12.0M or $12,000,000, but nobody likes to read $12000000. Minor detail that can become really frustrating.

Guest palli
[QUOTE=Goldberg]It looks really good. Too bad the market is saturated already - my opinion only - with OOTP, EA Game MLB, and of course the best of all three, Baseball Mogul. Advice Palli, either $12.0M or $12,000,000, but nobody likes to read $12000000. Minor detail that can become really frustrating.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the hint with the contract, I will change this asap. I never liked Baseball Mogul much, I think it has some problems with the game-engine (just my opinion). I know that I will never have the success of Ootp but to finish my game and some people like it would be great for me and maybe more people then I expect right now like it. :) Anyway, maybe you are interestet in my project then come to the board, register and post some ideas. palli

• 3 months later...
Finally, after more then 1 year of hard work I released the first Demo (0.1a) today. You can "just" sim every season from 1901 to 2004 and look at League-, Team- and Player-Stats but it is a beginning. The final version is planned for April 2006 so I have about 6 month left to add more stuff. Everyone who is interested can download the demo here: [URL=http://perfect-game-baseball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34]Perfect Game[/URL] palli

• 2 months later...
We changed some stuff with our project page, I will now write a Blog about every week to document the process of my project. The first 3 Blogs are already online with more to come in 2006. If you are interested to follow the development of a baseball text-sim game by two students from Germany just visit my project page at: [URL=http://www.perfect-game-baseball.com/]Perfect Game[/URL] 4 brand new screenshots of the In-Game mode can be found at the end of the 2. Blog. palli

Archived