CZCW Dreamin'

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=wooodaddy;245331]not bad for a drunken firefighter ;) I love the cornellverse diaries.. my first CZCW to read.. good so far[/QUOTE] I'm not much of a writer or booker for that matter. I'm hoping the simple approach will work for me. Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment.

At [B]NYCW Changing History[/B], Matt Sparrow teamed with Rick Sanders to defeat Wiley Coyote for the [I]NYCW Tag Team titles [/I]in a D+ match. Insane Machine has signed on to tour with PGHW. This should not affect his commitments with us though. CZCW would like to welcome “The Crippler”, Ray Kingman to the family. Ray is our new road agent. Announced matches for [B]CZCW Storm Damage[/B]: [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix © vs James Prudence – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][/B] James Prudence somehow finds a way to hang around the title scene. Honestly, he was just the first one to ask for a match. [B][U]Matt Sparrow © vs Roderick Remus – [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I][/U][/B] Rematch from last month with the title on the line. [B][U]The Nightmares © vs Team Mellencamp(Nate Johnson/Masked Cougar) – [I]CZCW Tag Team Championship[/I][/U][/B] The newly named Team Mellencamp… Nate [U]John[/U]son and Masked [U]Cougar[/U]… ahh, nevermind. A rematch from last month. [B][U]Burning EXILE vs Snap Dragon[/U][/B] Hopefully a good battle between these two. The booking position over at DaVe is open. Wonder who will take over? . . . Well, now we know. Former CZCW alum, Farrah Hesketh is now the Booker at DaVe. What does she do for her first act in that capacity? She signs [I]Fox Mask[/I] to a PPV deal!!! This coming after we just signed him to an EXCLUSIVE PPV deal. And on top of that, he leaves us. Ungrateful furry piece of crap!!!! ARRRGHHH!!! Donnie J defeated Mean Jean Cattley for the [I]Mid Atlantic Title[/I] at [B]Where It All Begins Again[/B] in his debut match. In sad news today, Warlord Pain has passed away. The Wrestling world will miss this modern day gladiator.

ouch.. Fox Max is gone.. a friendly tip, never sign anyone to an exclusive ppa, if you would sign everyone to just ppa deals, they won't leave, unless of course a big company comes along and signs them to a written.. I've lost too many by signing them to exclusives.. never by just signing them to normal ppa deals..:D

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;245483]ouch.. Fox Max is gone.. a friendly tip, never sign anyone to an exclusive ppa, if you would sign everyone to just ppa deals, they won't leave, unless of course a big company comes along and signs them to a written.. I've lost too many by signing them to exclusives.. never by just signing them to normal ppa deals..:D[/QUOTE] That makes sense, now. I went with the approach that if they were exclusive to me thy would stay until the contract was up. Guess I was wrong. I've got a couple more that are on exclusive that I'll have to keep my eye one. Thanks for the advice.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;245870]If you do exclusive PPA, pay them at least 50% more than they're asking for, if not more. Anyone else who comes along will have to beat that price... but yeah, they're risky. You can lock someone in, but you have to be willing to pay for them...[/QUOTE] It's the little things like that, that are going to be the end of me. I'll have to work on that. Thanks for the insight.

[B]CZCW Storm Damage[/B] Wed Wk1, Oct. 2007 Snake Pit – 1,000 in attendance – SOLD OUT!!! Filler Match [B][U]Thomas Morgan vs Jeremiah Moose[/U][/B] Jeremiah Moose defeated Thomas Morgan in 9:33 by pinfall with a High Velocity Headbutt. C- Great chemistry between these two. We might want to capitalize on this in the future. Another Filler Match [B][U]Mark Smart vs Flying Jimmy Foxx[/U][/B] Flying Jimmy Foxx defeated Mark Smart in 9:51 by pinfall with a Flying Foxx. D+ The Nightmares come out for there match. Standing side by side, with the tag titles over their shoulders. They step to the side and Karen Killer steps between them running her hands over their titles. Looks like The Nightmares have a manager. F+ [B][U]The Nightmares w/Karen Killer © vs Team Mellencamp (Nate Johnson/Masked Cougar) – [I]CZCW Tag Team Championship[/I][/U][/B] The Nightmares defeated Team Mellencamp in 17:09 when Insane Machine defeated Nate Johnson by pinfall with a Primal Machine. The Nightmares make defense number 1 of their Coastal Zone Tag Team titles. C- [B][U]Burning EXILE vs Snap Dragon[/U][/B] Burning EXILE defeated Snap Dragon in 20:24 by pinfall with an Exile Driver. C Small hype video for our Main Event. E [B][U]Matt Sparrow © vs Roderick Remus – [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I][/U][/B] Matt Sparrow defeated Roderick Remus in 20:06 by pinfall with a Bird Brain Buster. Matt Sparrow makes defense number 2 of his Coastal Zone Xtreme title. D+ [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix © vs James Prudence – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][/B] Ultimate Phoenix defeated James Prudence in 26:38 by pinfall with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. Ultimate Phoenix makes defense number 2 of his Coastal Zone Championship title. C Phoenix celebrates with his title in the ring to end the show. E+ Overall Rating: C- Not a bad show overall, especially since we had to scramble to cover for losing Fox Mask and Plague and Remmy Skye working elsewhere tonight. We have sold out our first venue. I don’t count the first show since I booked a smaller arena.

Announced matches for [B]CZCW December Rain[/B]. [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix/Remmy Skye vs James Prudence/Paul Steadyfast[/U][/B] Pretty much the entire top tier of our company. Thought I would put them all in a match together. [B][U]Matt Sparrow © vs Plague – Ladder Match - [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I] [/U][/B] Well, we finally get around to letting these two settle what started between them many months ago. No one still has any idea why Plague hit Sparrow with a chair so long ago. Maybe this will just put everything to rest. [B][U]Burning EXILE vs ??? [/U][/B] EXILE has been ripping through CZCW as of late. We might have found someone to end that streak. [B][U]Air Force 1 vs Team Mellencamp vs Smart/Speed[/U][/B] This is currently all we have in the tag ranks. Winner here gets a shot next month at The Nightmares and the Tag Titles.

[B]CZCW December Rain[/B] Sun Wk1, Dec. 2007 The Snake Pit – 950 in attendance [B][U]Air Force 1 vs Team Mellencamp vs Smart/Speed [/U][/B] Team Mellencamp defeated Air Force 1 and Marc Speed and Mark Smart in 12:01; the order of elimination was Marc Speed and Mark Smart first, and finally Air Force 1. C- Team Mellencamp will get another shot at the Tag Team Titles next month. Burning EXILE is in the ring awaiting his “secret” opponent. . . . . . Out steps Alicia Strong. [B][U]Burning EXILE vs Alicia Strong[/U][/B] Alicia Strong drew with Burning EXILE in 28:04 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. C+ The match was awesome however, the fans really didn’t want to see a woman competing. Wonder if we can change their perception of that…? Filler Match [B][U]The Nightmares © vs Cal Sanders/Thomas Morgan – [I]CZCW Tag Team Championship[/I][/U][/B] The Nightmares defeated Cal Sanders and Thomas Morgan in 5:47 when Primal Rage defeated Thomas Morgan by pinfall with a Primal Machine. The Nightmares make defense number 2 of their Coastal Zone Tag Team titles. D+ They will defend the tag titles next month against Team Mellencamp. A small video to hype the Main Event. E- [B][U]Matt Sparrow © vs Plague – Ladder Match - [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I][/U][/B] Plague defeated Matt Sparrow in 29:35 when Plague retrieved the title. Plague wins the Coastal Zone Xtreme title. C [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix/Remmy Skye vs James Prudence/Paul Steadyfast[/U][/B] Remmy Skye and Ultimate Phoenix defeated James Prudence and Paul Steadyfast in 28:05 when Remmy Skye defeated Paul Steadyfast by pinfall with a Skye Diver. C- Overall Rating: C- Kingman told me that I used EXILE too much and with the fans not wanting to see women, that’s what I’m blaming the minus mark on. Remmy Skye almost missed his match. Car problems again… This is his last freebie. I personally think it was a great show. Good news, we made $6,134.00 last month. I’m thinking it might be time to try and bring in some higher priced talent. If we can find any.

Announced matches for [B]CZCW Cold Front[/B]: [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix © vs Burning EXILE – Lucha Libre rules – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][/B] We initially brought EXILE in to feud with Phoenix but haven’t gotten around to it yet. This will see if it’s something to plan for in the future once EXILE is a little more over in the US. [B][U]The Nightmares © vs Team Mellencamp – [I]CZCW Tag Team Championship[/I][/U][/B] These two teams have been going at it since the tournament that reactivated the tag titles back in Sep. at Rising Storm. Will Team Mellencamp finally capture gold or will the dominate tag team force that is The Nightmares continue to roll? [B][U]James Prudence vs Paul Steadyfast[/U][/B] Prudence brought Paul in to take the title off of Donnie J way back when. He didn’t get the job done. Prudence has had this on the back burner but finally wants to take out his aggression

[B]CZCW Cold Front[/B] Mon WK1, Jan. 2008 Snake Pit – 1,000 in attendance – [B]SOLD OUT!!![/B] [B][U]Roderick Remus vs Alan Parent[/U][/B] Roderick Remus defeated Alan Parent in 8:04 by submission with a Remus Clutch. D New comer Alan Parent just about got booed out of the damn arena. The crowd was very vocal on their dislike of him. Hmmm [B][U]Snap Dragon vs Thomas Morgan[/U][/B] Thomas Morgan defeated Snap Dragon in 7:39 by pinfall. C- The youngster Morgan got a chance to show his stuff. He did not let me down. Even though these two don’t click. Dragon did the job like a true pro. Morgan might just need to get a push here soon. [B][U]C.H Threepwood vs Flying Jimmy Foxx vs Marc Speed[/U][/B] Flying Jimmy Foxx defeated C.H. Threepwood and Marc Speed in 9:47 when Flying Jimmy Foxx defeated Marc Speed by pinfall with a Flying Foxx. D Another match to let our younger, less known workers get some air time. New comer Threepwood looked good out there. [B][U]The Nightmares © vs Team Mellencamp – [I]CZCW Tag Team Championship[/I][/U][/B] The Nightmares defeated Team Mellencamp in 9:43 when Primal Rage defeated Masked Cougar by pinfall with a Primal Machine. The Nightmares make defense number 3 of their Coastal Zone Tag Team titles. C [B][U]James Prudence vs Paul Steadyfast – Hardcore match[/U][/B] James Prudence defeated Paul Steadyfast in 13:26 by pinfall with a Surf's Up. E- EWWWW!!! This really stunk up the joint. Should have remembered my roster. No brawlers. Didn't someone tell me about this awhile back? I hope enough fans hang around for the Main Event. [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix © vs Burning EXILE – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][/B] Ultimate Phoenix defeated Burning EXILE in 28:58 by pinfall with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. Ultimate Phoenix makes defense number 3 of his Coastal Zone Championship title. C+ And the champ comes through yet again. Lots of fast pace action, so much which Cliff and I couldn’t keep up on commentary. Overall Rating: C- The Main Event definitely saved the show here in my opinion. The match between Prudence and Steadyfast almost got them canned on the spot. But I remembered that brawling matches don’t work here. After the fact... This show had to be revamped a couple of times due to some key workers missing. Getting hard to keep everyone on track and find a day where everyone is available at the same time.

• 2 months later...
Finally, I'm back... Well I've been gone for quite some time. That's what happens when you're in the military. If anyone reads this, quick questions: 1) Did anyone even read this diary? 2) For those that did, is it worth continuing? Thoughts/advice welcomed. Thx

Guest The Aussie
1)I've just finished reading it and I found that it is a simple yet engaging diary. 2) I believe you should, diarys like this are easier to read in a sitting and you've made it interesting

Once I tossed Donnie J, James Prudence and Matt Sparrow my main events in CZCW went from being C to B- and B. Plague, Ultimate Phoenix, Steve Flash, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Frankie Perez and Stevie Grayson (Who I'm phasing out for Insane Machine to move up) run my main event now and I've even gotten an A match out of Frankie and Flash. People tend to keep Donnie and James around for the overness but their ring skills suck and they're going to keep you at the C level main events.

Prudence does suck, but I have always managed to make Donnie J useful as an upper carder /secondary title holder in a more traditional based fed as his performance skills can reach B's across the board and he has decent technical skills. I wouldn't try to build a regional fed around him as main champ, but he is and can be a valuable roster member.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;291400]Prudence does suck, but I have always managed to make Donnie J useful as an upper carder /secondary title holder in a more traditional based fed as his performance skills can reach B's across the board and he has decent technical skills. I wouldn't try to build a regional fed around him as main champ, but he is and can be a valuable roster member.[/QUOTE] Becuase of his overness Donnie will always stay in the main event he may have decent (barley) performance skills but he can only go 16 minutes all out and that's not a main event match up. I kept him fr awhile but he couldn't even pulll above C matches with my main eventers and mostly D+ or lower with the upper midcard.

Ok, well I'm going to attempt to continue with this. Got some good feedback and found out that at least some people glanced at this from time to time. So with that, here is... The Year in Review report. Wrestler of the Year – Sean McFly Young WotY – Masaru Ugaki Veteran WoY – Dread Female WoY – Sensational Ogiwara Promotion of the Year – Total Championship Wrestling Most Improved Promotion - Canadian Golden Combat Jeremy Stone def Dan Stone Jr – NOTBPW Nirvana in November – A* Card of the Year – PGHW Night of Courage – B+ Not surprising, not a single worker from CZCW made the top 100. CZCW Match of the Year – Ultimate Phoenix © def Insane Machine, at Moonlight Mayhem to retain the CZCW Xtreme title – B- CZCW Wrestler of the Year – Ultimate Phoenix After winning the title from Donnie J, Phoenix has been on fire. Taking on all comers and doesn’t look to be slowing down in the near future. Well, a year has passed and somehow, I still have a job. Let’s take a look at our roster a year later. Main Event Matt Sparrow – Face James Prudence – Heel Paul Steadyfast – Heel Upper Midcard Ultimate Phoenix – Face – CZCW Champion Remmy Skye – Face Plague – Heel – CZCW Xtreme Champion Roderick Remus – Heel Midcard Nate Johnson – Face Masked Cougar – Face Snap Dragon – Heel Insane Machine – Heel – CZCW Tag Team Champion Primal Rage – Heel – CZCW Tag Team Champion Marc Speed – Heel C.H. Threepwood – Heel Lower Midcard Jeremiah Moose – Heel Flying Jimmy Foxx – Heel Burning EXILE – Heel Opener Cal Sanders – Heel Alan Parent – Heel Enhancement Thomas Morgan – Heel Wow! We are a heel heavy promotion. Good thing our fans really don’t care one way or another. Let’s take a small look at some workers who are no longer with us and what they have been up to. Donnie J The former CZCW Champion, Donnie J gave us a good run as champ and might have stayed with us if he didn’t let it go to his head and start demanding an ungodly amount to resign. We parted ways on slightly bad terms and he was picked up immediately by Rip Chord over at MAW. In his very first match, he defeated Mean Jean Cattley for the Mid-Atlantic Championship. He is currently undefeated in MAW and in a feud with Steven Parker. Fox Mask Fox Mask was the face of CZCW. We resigned him to an exclusive PPA deal and we thought he was happy. Farrah Hesketh took over as DaVe’s head booker and signed him to PPA deal. For some unknown reason, Fox Mask left us. No notice, no chance to give him a counter offer. Nothing. He is currently winless over there with 3 losses and 1 draw. He fills a lower midcard spot. We would like to bring him back sometime and maybe finish his feud with Plague. Citizen X X left us for DaVe and RIPW. He hasn’t done much since then. Going a combined 2 wins, 2 losses, and 2 draws. Farrah Hesketh We couldn’t justify paying her so much. Hind sight, we should have kept her. She took over as head booker with DaVe and signed Fox Mask right from underneath us. Kudos to her. Beach Babe Bunnie Well… she did absolutely nothing. She was cheap, but a waste of space. We didn’t resign her. She follows Remmy Skye around on there own dime.

Well, let's see if we can continue where we left off. New year, new attitude. Announced matches for [B]CZCW Undertow[/B]: [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix © vs Insane Machine – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][/B] For some reason beyond my comprehension, Cliff wants the title off of Phoenix. [B]He[/B] booked this match against Machine for that very reason. Interesting… [B][U]Plague © vs ??? – Ladder Match – [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I][/U][/B] A CZCW favorite returns to finish the job. [B][U]Matt Sparrow vs Paul Steadyfast[/U][/B] Steadyfast has become our unofficial main event jobber. Will he end it here or will the surging Sparrow continue his rise? [B][U]Primal Rage vs Remmy Skye vs Roderick Remus – CZCW Xtreme #1 Contender[/U][/B] These three were arguing outside my office about how either one of them could “whoop” Plague and take the Xtreme title from him. The winner here will get that chance. [B][U]Team Mellencamp(Nate Johnson/Masked Cougar) vs C.H. Threepwood/Marc Speed[/U][/B] Working out our tag division match

Guest The Aussie
Announced matches for [B]CZCW Undertow[/B]: [U][B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] © vs Insane Machine – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][I] Ultimate Phoenix has been a complete and utter star so I think he takes the win.[/I] [U][B]Plague ©[/B] vs ??? – Ladder Match – [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I][/U] [I]Plague for the win. It's Fox Mask he's fighting right?[/I] [U][B]Matt Sparrow [/B]vs Paul Steadyfast[/U] [I]Steadyfast is jobbing a lot, Sparrow isn't.[/I] [U]Primal Rage vs [B]Remmy Skye[/B] vs Roderick Remus – CZCW Xtreme #1 Contender[/U] [I]While the least reliable of the three, Remmy is easily the most talented of them.[/I] [U][B]Team Mellencamp[/B](Nate Johnson/Masked Cougar) vs C.H. Threepwood/Marc Speed[/U] [I]Team Mellencamp are at least a proper team so the win for them.[/I]

WK4, Jan Donnie J continues to dominate MAW. While holding the Mid Atlantic Championship, he also defeated Steve Flash for the Rip Chord Invitational. Mexican Hardcore Wrestling officially opens its doors. [B]CZCW UNDERTOW[/B] WK2, Feb. 2007 Mon Snake Pit – 820 in attendance [B][U]Team Mellencamp(Nate Johnson/Masked Cougar) vs C.H. Threepwood/Marc Speed[/U][/B] Team Mellencamp defeated C.H. Threepwood and Marc Speed in 6:55 when Nate Johnson defeated C.H. Threepwood by pinfall after a Jakked and Dieanned. (Sharpshooter/DDT Combo) C- [B][U]Primal Rage vs Remmy Skye vs Roderick Remus – CZCW Xtreme #1 Contender[/U][/B] Remmy Skye defeated Primal Rage and Roderick Remus in 14:37 when Remmy Skye defeated Roderick Remus by pinfall with a Skye Diver. D+ Remmy Skye is the #1 Contender for the CZCW Xtreme Championship. [B][U]Matt Sparrow vs Paul Steadyfast[/U][/B] Matt Sparrow defeated Paul Steadyfast in 11:44 by pinfall with a Bird Brain Buster. D+ Nothing really to say about this match. [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix © vs Insane Machine – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][/B]Ultimate Phoenix defeated Insane Machine in 17:38 by pinfall with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. During the match we also had Primal Rage run in and attack Ultimate Phoenix. Ultimate Phoenix makes defense number 4 of his Coastal Zone Championship title. B-!!! These two do it every time. Bad move maybe on this not being the Main Event… [B][U]Plague © vs Fox Mask – Ladder Match – [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I][/U][/B]Plague defeated Fox Mask in 25:13 when Plague retrieved the title. Plague makes defense number 1 of his Coastal Zone Xtreme title. C Fox Mask comes out to a huge POP and an astonished Plague. All out action that saw Fox just about run circles around Plague. Out of no where New Jersey Turnpike to Fox Mask on the steps allowed Plague to climb the ladder. Overall Rating: C Great show. Burning EXILE left us the day before the event. We'll keep an out on him and maybe try to bring him back. Fox Mask is currently on loan with us for one more show. Remmy Skye arrived late to the show. Almost pulled the plug on his win. However, no more freebies for him. He was sternly warned. Thanks Aussie for the predictions. Even though I didn't leave much time for others to input, you still got them all. Pretty predictible in my booking I see. :)

Not much in way of news, so here is.... Announced matches for [B]CZCW Smoke on the Water[/B]: [B][U]Ultimate Phoenix © vs ??? – [I]CZCW Championship[/I][/U][/B] Cliff has brought in someone new to try and take the title from Phoenix. I can't get him to tell me why he wants the title off of UP so bad. [B][U]Plague © vs Remmy Skye – Ladder match – [I]CZCW Xtreme Championship[/I][/U][/B] Remmy earned this shot after winning the triple threat match last month at [B]Undertow[/B]. The ladder match is becoming the official match of the Xtreme Championship. [B][U]The Nightmares © vs Air Force 1 – [I]CZCW Tag Team Championship[/I][/U][/B] Air Force 1 get a chance at tag team gold for the first time since the tournament. Can the former champs dethrone The Nightmares? [B][U]Team Mellencamp vs Marc Speed/Thomas Morgan[/U][/B] Team Mellencamp are out to prove that they belong as a team. Speed and Morgan feel that they have as good a shot as anyone right now.

Archived