player contracts

I'd say the more in depth, the better. Promise them a role (ie. starter, backup, compete for starting role) and give the ability to structure the contracts with differing salaries. Also, and more importantly, have an incentive category, where if a player reaches a set statistical category or award (pro bowl selection, MVP, etc), they get a bonus. Obviously that would require assigning awards at season's end. I have played many a game where the best LB in the league finished with 2 sacks and 70 tackles. As a GM, I;d like some way to make the player earn his money in the current season rather than giving a long term deal and hoping he produces.

Agree on contracts. Hello Da Bears, As painful as it is for a Packer fan to agree witha Bear fan. I love the contract ideas. It is almost the same as what was in TPF accept a little more in depth. What I envisioned TPF2 would've been like. I hope Arlie keeps the draft somewhat like TPF also but updated. Really looking forward to the new game because Arlie knows how to build a pro game. TPF was on right track. Just needed to be finished. I still play it. galleyfan

Yo Galley man, that would be tough for a Cheesehead :D I'm looking forward to Arlie's edition. I've got lots more ideas, basically just combinations and updates from MF, TPF, and SM, so I'm sure many, including Arlie, have the same ideas. Oh, and BTW, How many INTs will Favre throw this year? I'm going with 31:p

Hey Da Bears, I think Favre will throw 5 less picks then Rex(Bad Dog) Grossman. I'll say 25 for Rex and 20 for Brett. That is of coarse if Rex isn't benched and replaced by Griese after 6 games. I just hope to at least win 8 or 9 this year. Our team is young accept for grandpa Favre. I think it will be Bears & Pack fighting it out. Vikes will be in last. No qb. Arlie, you really must hurry. We need a fix. I am coming down with the shakes.:D

Archived