The Greatest ever Japan World Champion Poll!

The Greatest ever Japan World Champion Poll!  

39 members have voted

1. 1. The Greatest ever Japan World Champion Poll!

• Yoshifusa Maeda
    • Dread
    • Sadaharu Jimbo
    • Yoshinaka Toshusai
    • Hooded Kudo
    • Tadiyuki Kikkawa
    • Master Kitozon
    • Motoichi Arakida
    • Koryusai Kitoaji
    • Yoshimi Mushashibo
    • Eisaku Hoshino
    • Shunji Inukai

Here we have only people to win a World title at least 2 times (PGHW, Burning or GCG titles) in Japan. I excluded 5-6 of the less likely winners. Plus greats such at Tatsuko, Gagusha and Miwa did not make the cut as they held world titles less than 2 times. I want that people vote not only based upon the current skill levels, but who you think played a greater part in forming the Japan scene. Plus who had the greatest impact in wrestling. Plus the greatest career.

Now this is a tough one! Who will win this one! Yoshifusa Maeda has the most titles (5), and arguably was the guy which kept GCG alive. But many would say that their title lacks real "world status" the last few years(since he started winning it). Dread is one of the few to hav held titles in 2 of the major promotions a total of 4 titles Sadaharu Jimbo was the figurehead of GCG at their prime, but many could argue that he was also their main reason for decline, backstage. Then we have the monster Kikkawa, 3 world titles, plus now the owner and main figure behind the Inspire revolution. Hooded Kudo, an international star, 3 time world champion, plus can still put on a great show even in his mid 40's. Who can forget the Master of them all, Master Kitozon, 3 time world champion, took the Burning World to his grave and if you doubt him, play the 1975 version of the game! Then we have Koryusai Kitoaji, currently retired, but many could say this was the guy which broke the stranggle hold of the Japaneese scene and owner of the PGHW promotion. Then we have the current stars of PGHW, Eisaku, Inukai and of corse Mushashibo. The later is current holder, 3 time world champion and arguable the best fighter in the world (stats wise).

I can't vote! Anyone i vote for seems unfair! Mushashibo has the current stats. Jimbo "made" Japaneese wrestling. Kitozon, is the guy which broke that up. Koryyusai was the guy which broke those 2 up! Then we have Kikkawa and his title reign and formation of Inspire! And that is not to forget the others!

I went for Master Koitozon. He was unstoppable in his time. He was the guy which made the difference in their war with GCG and he eventually took to his grave arguably the most well know title ever. He died virtually undefeated. RIP Master Koitozon RIP Chris Benoit (arguablly my favourite real time wrestler):(

Tough decision to make. My reasoning: Firstly, I eliminated anyone not active in the default data. Difficult to do, but even though I worked on the 75 mod there is still no guarantee that the stats are in any way reflective of the style and skill level that Adam intended for each of them to have. As such, I have no idea how good guys like Kitozon, Jimbo, Furusawa, etc. were in their prime. Hopefully pretty good. :D With them off of the the list it really comes down to three names: [B]1. Tadiyuki Kikkawa[/B] [i]Obvious choice. One of the best brawlers in the world. His three reigns came after beating three of the greatest in the world; the first from Sam Strong, the second from Haruki Kudo, and the third from Bruce the Giant. Excellent skill levels regardless of age, good conditioning, tough as nails and always the most reliable man INSPIRE's got.[/i] [B] 2. Haruki Kudo[/B] [i]Probably the most unlikely winner out of my Big 3, but bear with me. His first title reign, at an extremely young age, came against one of the all time greats: Yoshinaka Toshusai. From there he managed 2 more title wins, each equally impressive - one over Motoichi Arakida, one over Tadiyuki Kikkawa. Also has an impressive record in the United States, pretty much second to only Eisaku Kunomasu in respect Stateside. Retains amazing abilities despite being quite old.[/i] [B]3. Yoshimi Mushashibo[/B] [i]Unlike my other two possibilities, Mushashibo is in his prime and only getting better as time passes. I would compare Yoshimi to a young Haruki Kudo on a roster more talented than BHOTWG has ever approached, as he's probably the most artistically successful worker in Japan throughout each game barring injuries. An incredible 3 Glory Crown reigns to his name at his age pretty much spells out his status as a future legend, and we all know how damn good he is in the ring.[/i] In the end, my PGHW mark-isms came to the surface and I voted for Mushashibo. But Kikkawa has my respect... I never get why it's always Watson or Hughes who beat Marat for the King of Fighters title. :confused:

He has become a myth and legend in Japan that still lives on to this day. He was virtually undefeatable in his time; a monster even. The most stout of fans who don't like what he was, can appreciate his legacy and work. As you can guess, I went with Kitozen. The guy IS what Japanese wrestling is about.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;251052]Japan is really difficult. Kitozon won my vote, but this is a difficult one.[/QUOTE] Definitely... I felt like I would be biased in voting for Jimbo, Furusawa, Kitozon etc... as the only stats they've been seen with are stats I gave em. But they're all legends in their own right. Kikkawa just wasn't... I dunno... technically sound enough to win my vote compared to Mushashibo. But it was a close call. He's a good brawler... but by '07, he's really not a [b]great[/b] brawler any more. I'd love to see what he could've been at his absolute peak though. Meanwhile, Kudo is damn good and nearly stole my vote. He's about as good as Mushashibo could ever hope to be at that age, probably better. The only reason he didn't get my vote in the end was because I had a feeling he'd be the underdog of this contest, and I wanted to back someone I thought could actually win. :D

[QUOTE=Capelli King;251244]I see you play the Japaneese scene allot. I play more the US, maybe because i started with them back in TEW04. Maybe becasue of the names! I always mix up those Japs:D[/QUOTE] Eh, I suppose I know a good bit about the Japan scene - for some reason I've never had trouble with the names, though I'm sure I would've if they'd never had pictures... the only way I even came up with the names to fill in the database for the 75 mod was through borrowing some DVDs of weird anime shows my friends had and stealing, then mixing and matching names... along, of course, with the incredibly awesome Battle Royale. I read that book/watched that movie like 50 times... in fact, if you read that, you could crack the "code" to the '75 mod's naming scheme relatively easily. :D For translation to real life, once you get past the "first name is last" thing, it's pretty easy to get down!

Archived