Discussion Board for WMMA Features

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jully 1st post: I am surprised. We have such a detailed fighter profile. Very interesting!:eek: I think many stats could on the one hand make the game overwelming to newer players. Similar like the FM effect. But experienced palyers understand that stats are a key in any simulation. I like the decision, i think it makes the game much more detailed!::)

Man I'm really looking forward to it, even just looking at the first post in the developers journal is getting me excited. I have never really got into indie games that much, so buying one has always been out the question, but I will definitely be investing in this one.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;255448]4th feature is cool. What i especially like is not simply the fact that you can add a previous fight, but the fact that those fights can increase interest of new fights[/QUOTE] Double edged sword though, for instance nobody wants to see Shamrock v Ortiz 4 so it could kill intrest as well. AMAZING feature.

[QUOTE=TylerDrew;255471]Double edged sword though, for instance nobody wants to see Shamrock v Ortiz 4 so it could kill intrest as well. AMAZING feature.[/QUOTE] What do you mean? I would love to see it. of course, I havent seen either of the aforementioned fights.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;255648]What do you mean? I would love to see it. of course, I havent seen either of the aforementioned fights.[/QUOTE] I don't agree with you, Liddel for Ortiz for instance, at the moment I'd dread to see them fight, Ortiz has been dominated... I'd much rather see Liddel rematch with rampage or fight almost anyone else. Same with Coture, I'd hate to see Liddel and him go at it agaun. However, i'd love to see Gracie and Sakuraba go at it for a 3rd time So i disagree with you and agree with the above, It can un-draw interest. Of course if there was another Liddel vs Ortiz fight I'd watch, just not with as much anticipation as I would have for a different fight.

I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't see the prestige value for regions as a great feature. As fan, I've never thought to myself "man Strikeforce is awesome because they run shows in California, but IFL is weak for being in less popular venues." If the goal was to replicate the fact that certain areas are hotbeds for MMA and therefore gain more coverage I would understand, but that seems to be covered in other stats for the region. I hope it's only a minor factor.

[QUOTE=asdfx3;255778]"man Strikeforce is awesome because they run shows in California, but IFL is weak for being in less popular venues."[/QUOTE] That's not really a reflection of what the stat does, because you're mixing in the quality of the promotion. It wouldn't mean that Stikeforce are a better promotion than IFL, just that they are doing better business (assuming that California was more prestigious than the regions IFL were running of course).

I think the prestige feature is logical. There simply some places which are considered the centers of MMA or Fighting. Vegas being to of that list worldwide. I would like to see a prestige factor for certain venues if possible. There could be a war going on who will close these prestigious venues. Even better if you could close the venue in advance or have a contract for a certain amount of fights. I doubt it will be in this version of the game however:(

[QUOTE=TylerDrew;255471]Double edged sword though, for instance nobody wants to see Shamrock v Ortiz 4 so it could kill intrest as well. AMAZING feature.[/QUOTE] Only a double edged sword in the respect that the previous fight has to be good - and this fight has to live up to the hype if you want a 3rd. And it has to be a 1-1 situation or the other fighter has to have put up a majorly good fight. Who wants to see a 3rd fight between two people if the one fighter has been beaten convincingly the first two times? On that note, I don't want to see Shamrock v Ortiz 4. Or Sakuraba v Gracie 3. Sakuraba has looked so bad in his last couple fights, I love the guy, but he needs to think about other career choices.

Archived