Discussion Board for WMMA Features

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=asdfx3;298194]Seems like a lot of people are excited about the HOF thing, but does it really have any affect on the game? Is it just a list of very accomplished fighters, or do those fighters draw better when they fight, considered better commentators, give the promotion that made them famous more credibility, etc?[/QUOTE] Well the stats are important on the longer games to compare the best of the best ect. In simulators, log term, that is what makes the game interesting

Wow, Adam, you weren't kidding - that internet interface is about ten times nicer than the TEW07 internet screen. Looks incredibly real! One question - will we actually be able to READ the forum posts listed in the upper right hand corner, or are they just there for appearances? I really loved it in the .hack series when you could read forum posts, with the different users actually replying to one another over time. Most weren't very useful, but they were awesome for flavor and immersion. Either way, looks great. Can't wait to try it out!

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;299220]One question - will we actually be able to READ the forum posts listed in the upper right hand corner, or are they just there for appearances?[/QUOTE] Just for appearances; for a first-gen game it simply isn't time-effective for me to spend a lot of time on something as completely trivial as that. Should this style of web site make it into the potential next TEW - which I'd imagine it would - then an interactive forum would be a possibility.

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;299220]Wow, Adam, you weren't kidding - that internet interface is about ten times nicer than the TEW07 internet screen. Looks incredibly real! One question - will we actually be able to READ the forum posts listed in the upper right hand corner, or are they just there for appearances? I really loved it in the .hack series when you could read forum posts, with the different users actually replying to one another over time. Most weren't very useful, but they were awesome for flavor and immersion. Either way, looks great. Can't wait to try it out![/QUOTE] Do you really want a simulation of Sherdog's forums? The real thing is bad enough lol

[QUOTE=jamie1989;299528]Couture just resigned from the UFC :eek: I will never let this happen on WMMA, I would make sure Mr. Emelianenko was a part of my company as well :p[/QUOTE] I'm not sure whether it's good for Adam/GDS or bad for me (or maybe both) but the first thing I thought about when I saw that news earlier today was "I wonder if/how that would be modeled in WMMA"

[QUOTE=MiddleGA;299542]I'm not sure whether it's good for Adam/GDS or bad for me (or maybe both) but the first thing I thought about when I saw that news earlier today was "I wonder if/how that would be modeled in WMMA"[/QUOTE] Isn't it already? So far it seems that Randy's resignation had to do with a) UFC's failure to sign Fedor b) his unacceptably low pay. B was already covered by Adam.

Maybe for Randy there could be a TEWesque aspect where he's not willing to put people over or in MMA terms not willing to risk a loss to an unranked fighter. People could have a disposition of who the like to fight: Randy only willing to fight top ranked guys, Jon Fitch willing to fight anybody regardless of rank and being overtalented per their ranked, Travis Fulton only willing to fight guys on a losing record.

Archived