NWA - After The Fall

[QUOTE]...March 2001... At the height of their popularity, with their former enemy WCW vanquished and purchased, the WWF is riding high. It is undoubtably the most powerful promotion in the history of professional wrestling. But questions are being asked about the WCW sale. The U.S Securities and Exchange Commission begins a month-long investigation. ...April 2001... The wrestling world is in shock. The World Wrestling Federation is hit with a three-hundred million dollar fine, after it was revealed that Vince McMahon and AOL-Time Warner executive Jamie Kellner colluded to intentionally lower the purchase price of WCW. Stockholders and investors deserted the WWF, leaving the McMahon family with a humbled empire almost overnight. Disgraced, distraught and heartbroken, with a roster of wrestlers angry at the McMahon's mismanagement, the WWF was effectively shut down. Live events were cancelled, and television contracts were torn up. The McMahons go into isolation. In the months that follow, promotions across the United States shut down left, right and centre. Without the support of the WWF, OVW, HWA and MCW close shop. After the loss of millions of casual fans, promotions such as JAPW, APW and UPW can't support themselves. Even promotions with a more hardcore following, such as XPW and CZW close down. Some owners say they'll be back when the industry bounces back. Others leave for good. It is now October 2001. The effects of The Fall are still ongoing, but there is cause for optimism. The National Wrestling Alliance, once facing extinction, has re-amalgamated under the leadership of Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes. WWF loyalists Steve Austin, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels join the returned Shane McMahon to form Fusion Pro Wrestling. And on the west coast, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan use their connections to form the American Wrestling Federation. This new 'Big Three' is joined by independent federations across the country, and two exciting new touring promotions. In Canada, a rejuvenated Stampede takes the country by storm. The wrestling industry has definitely bounced back from its perilous lows, but for how long? Can you guide your promotion through the wreckage of The Fall? Or will the professional wrestling industry collapse for good? [/QUOTE] My promotion? My promotion is the NWA. My name... is David Flair. You may know me as Ric Flair's son, the one who all the smart marks out there love to trash. Well, I may have only gotten that job, as a wrestler for WCW, because of my dad, and I may have only gotten this one for the same reason. But with he and Dusty Rhodes, as well as Jim Ross on my side, I think we can shake the world of pro wrestling. As if it hasn't been shaken enough! That shake though, got us this opportunity. The world of pro wrestling is so new, so totally unknown, that you can do whatever you very well please. It's a flat landscape once again, one that could be big. Or could be destroyed in an instant. What will it be? Let's find the f*** out.

Archived