Squash Matches and Relationships

Sorry if this has been asked before. I was wondering if relationships are determined entirely by the backstage drama, or if the character of a match can have an effect. It seems entirely logical, for example, that if you absolutely posterize someone in a 5 minute squash match, they might not like you. The catalyst for my asking (I'm very new to the game) was a try-out match against Calvin Dark (I think?). I womped him, he badmouthed me to the backstage area, and I had an instant dislike relationship with him, but we'd never spoken to my knowledge. Just wondering if match quality/nature and relationships have any connection, or if the match section and the relationship section act autonomously.

[QUOTE=Gozer] ... It seems entirely logical, for example, that if you absolutely posterize someone in a 5 minute squash match, they might not like you...[/QUOTE] Not necessarily. It would probably greatly depend upon the workers personality and level of professionalism; i.e., a Nice wrestler that was Very Professional might just recognize you were better than him, rather than holding a grudge. It's a very good question. Hopefully Mr. Ryland can shed some light on it. I'd think that Try-Out matches are different than regular matches, in that department - as I've yet to gain a relationship with someone I wrestled, other than in Try-outs. Still, I've often suspected that I get better match ratings when I am grappling with Friends. So perhaps relationships [I]do[/I] play a part in standard matches.

Guest Nukester
It seems to me that every time I start a new career (with the DOTT scenario), whomever I wrestle as my first career match becomes my friend automatically

• 3 weeks later...

Archived