Multiplayer Scheduling

One major problem with TDCB, the lack of multiplayer scheduling. The schedule can make or break a season in basketball. In I-A football, where the bowl system eliminates playoffs, schedule can mean the difference between National Champion and Christmas with mom and pop. I'm just wondering what BBCF will do about this. Or rather, not what it will do, but if it will do something about this.

Whether there are playoffs or not is irrelevant. The point of the post was on non-conference scheduling (and rivalry games for that matter). Making the playoffs, or bowls, will be heavily dependent on strength of schedule, therefore, I'm wondering how this will be handled for multiplayer leagues.

I think this could be done by a "bidding system" where you could all submit bids for teams that have open slots. It could be done a lot like TCY or NCAA where you have 5 rounds of "bidding" to fill your spots. You could do 1 - 4 year contracts with teams...where it would be easier for you to schedule a high profile team at their place on a 1 year deal, whereas it would be a little easier to do a 2 year home-and-home series as long as you give the other team the first home game, especially if they are going to be highly ranked that year.

Okay, schedule bidding is in the game. You can see it on one of the screenshots. FOCUS HERE IF YOU PLAN TO RESPOND TO THIS POST: I'M ASKING ABOUT [U]MULTIPLAYER NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULING[/U]. I'm sure Arlie has some idea about this, but I guess he's not talking just yet, which is okay. I'm just starting to get annoyed at people making responses that have nothing to do with my original post.

Yes finishing seventh in a playoff system will still give you a chance. However finishing seventeenth in playoff system won't necessarily give you a chance. Also, finishing seventh in a bowl system won't give you a chance, therefore, either way, strength of schedule will matter to some teams, and so the question I am asking, once again, is if Bowl Bound has a contingency for multiplayer league non-conference scheduling. Plus it'd be sad for whoever had Notre Dame to be stuck playing Rutgers, New Mexico St., etc. instead of the prestigious schedule they are accustomed to playing.

Archived