Real Quality Wrestling: 100% British Beef

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/cashmiesta_baby/rqw.jpg[/img] [b]The History[/b] Real Quality Wrestling was established in 2005 and the promotion had its first show in Clacton, which they called "Clacton Carnage". The promotion would go on to work out of many different parts of England including Chelmsford, Waltham Abbey, Brighton, Bognor Regis, Horndean and Eastleigh, Hampshire among others. The company's first high profile event was "No Pain - No Gain" at the Fleming Park Leisure Centre, Eastleigh, Hampshire in what is promised to be an annual event held in January each year. Fleming Park Leisure Centre would continue to host RQW shows every month or so. 2006's "No Pain - No Gain" had implications on its future with the winner of its main event going on to meet Eamon O'Neill for the newly created RQW heavyweight Title Belt. Domino defeated Phil Powers, UK Kid, Hade Vansen (who had defeated Spiro earlier in the night to get the chance to participate) in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match, however Domino received a severe head wound that needed dressing by the St. John Ambulance crew that were in attendance. RQWs old logo used in there old event bookletsJust one month before "A Night of Champions" the final RQW title matches were announced; Erin Angel's opponent for the Women's title was confirmed as Sweet Saraya, but in an unexpected development the Heavyweight title match was to see former WWE superstar Billy Kidman face of against UK legend Robbie Brookside for the title instead of the originally scheduled matchup. 2006's "A Night Of Champions" would see the first ever RQW Heavyweight and RQW Women's Champion crowned. Brookside would defeat Kidman to win his title, while Erin Angel would pick up a win over Sweet Saraya to become RQW Women's Champion. In 2006, RQW would completely redesign their promotion turning it into an inter-promotional showcase to display the best in British wrestling. RQW would also hold back on producing any show during the FIFA World Cup of that year but would return with a 5-day summer line up during August 2006. The first show of the 5-day summer line up would be named 'Summer Brawl 2006' as suggested by RQW Forum member Ian Dowland and would involve Pro Wrestling NOAH stars Go Shiozaki and SUWA. Summer Brawl would also see a match to determin crusierweight ranking within the promotion with the top 4 getting a future chance at becoming RQW's first Crusierweight Champion. Eden Black became New RQW Women's Champion and Ricky Knight became #1 contender for a future match with Robbie Brookside for the title. Like all RQW events, Summer Brawl 2006 was taped for future DVD release. However, segments from the show will feature on RQW's first television production which is set to air in 2007 on TWC. On December 4, 2006, TWC (now known as TWC Fight) announced that it would be regularly showing RQW as part of it's lineup on Wednesdays at 23:00. In late 2006, Real Quality Wrestling secured the prestigious York Hall, a premier Boxing venue in Bethnal Green, London for shows leading into 2007. RQW would also be given the permission to use the venue to host monthly shows which would be featured as TV Tapings for the promotion's TWC show. This change of location gave new life to the promotion who began to change its image from a mere promotion to consider itself a concept in wrestling. RQW would be involved in the inter-promotional British National Under 23's Championship, entering Bubblegum to represent RQW in a tournament to crown the first champion. RQW's next event, called Not Just For Christmas, was in association with the national charity, Crisis, where the tickets for the show were being given out for free as a Christmas present. The event feature an inter-promotional tournament to crown a new RQW champion; which Martin Stone won, making him RQW's new champion as well as their representative into the King of Europe Cup tournament. A week prior to RQW's January 12, 2007 taping, fellow British promotion 1 Pro Wrestling went into liquidation; meaning that their proposed January 13 show No Turning Back, featuring the UK debut of The Great Muta, was to be cancelled. Immediately, supershow promoter Alex Shane jumped in to save the deal and, with the help of Len Davies, secured the appearance of Keiji Mutoh and other All Japan Pro Wrestling stars who were to be making the trip. Despite needing to change the advertised card, Davies has vowed to honour all tickets for the 1PW show as well as those printed specifically for RQW. Subsequently, Real Quality Wrestling became the first UK promotion to feature The Great Muta on their card. The show, known as No Pain, No Gain 2007 would also see the crowning of a Cruiserweight Champion in Bubblegum as well as feature former WWE Superstar Kid Kash. At the February show the RQW champion was able to overcome 'Rowdy' Ricky Knight for the RQW Heavyweight Championship and also on that night Jody Fleisch pinned Pac to earn a shot at the Heavyweight Championship. At the March 24th show Jody Fleisch the #1 contender would have his chance at the gold against Martin Stone but Stone was able to defeat and retain the title against Fleisch. But not long after on April 20th, Jody Fleisch and Stone teamed up in the main event to be defeated by Hade Vansen and Jon Ryan. At the June 16th show '2007 , the new booker Dean Ayass had a superb show for the fans in the Colchester Arts Centre with Eden Black losing her Womens Championship in a Fatal 4 way to Wesna, Doug Williams facing Marafuji in the Match Of the Night with injuries throughout the night aswell. Also, Martin Stone accepted Drew Galloways offer to face him for his title in a future show. Now under the Dean Ayass era, what will it bring for British wrestling?

[b]Male Roster[/b] Ashe Ashley Reed Bingo Ballance Bubblegum Curve Dan Head Darren Burridge Doug Williams Dragon Phoenix Drew Galloway El Ligero Hade Vansen Iceman James Tighe J.P Monroe Jody Fleisch Jon Ryan Jonny Storm Leroy Kincaide Mad Man Manson Martin Stone Marty Scrull Max Voltage Pac Paul Robinson Red Vinny Robbie Brookside Ross Jordan "Rowdy" Ricky Knight [i](Manages Sweet Saraya)[/i] Sam Slam Spud Stixx [b]Female Roster[/b] Amazing Kong Destiny Donna [i](Valet of Ashley Reed)[/i] Cheerleader Melissa Eden Black Jetta Kelly Adams Minx Nikita Portia Perez "Physiotherapist" Rae Skye Sweet Saraya [i](Valet of Ricky Knight)[/i] Wesna [b]Tag Team Roster[/b] The New Breed (Ashe & Curve) Maximum Head (Max Voltage & Dan Head) Dragon Hearts (Spud & Dragon Pheonix) Madder Than You (JP Monroe & Mad Man Manson The Kartel The Hated Heroes (Aviv Maayan & Andy Simmonz) Team Charming (Jack Storm & Dave Moralez) Hubba Bubba Lucha (Bubblegum & El Ligero) Kraft The Darned Nation [b]Officials[/b] Len Davies - Owner/Chairman Of RQW Stevie Aaron - Ring Announcer Steve Lynskey - Head Referee Andy Quildan - Referee Chris Hatch - Referee Simon Collins - Referee "Physiotherapist" Rae - EMT Dean Ayass - Commentator Dann Reed - Commentator [b]Guest Talent[/b] Billy Kidman Go Shiozaki Tracey Smothers SUWA The Great Muta Akira Raijin NOSAWA Kid Kash Kikutaro Marafuji MsChif Portia Perez Team NOAH Ippei Ota Takeshi Rikio [b]Titles[/b] RQW Heavyweight Championship: [b][i]Martin Stone [/i][/b] RQW Women's Championship: [b][i]Wesna [/i][/b] RQW Crusierweight Championship: [b][i]Red Vinny [/i][/b]

[center][quote=www.1stopwrestling.co.uk][size=5][color=blue][b][u]RQW Schedule New Event[/u][/b] [/size][/color][i]Posted by Sarah Barraclough[/i] Last night, it announced that London based promotion, Real Quality Wrestling have scheduled their next show for Saturday August 11th, aptly called Summer Brawl. The show which will be held at the York Hall in Bethnal Green, London will feature stars like RQW Champion, Martin Stone, Johnny Storm, Jody Fleisch, recently OVW releasee, Drew Galloway, Spud, Cheerleader Melissa and a suprise apperance from a wrestling legend, this seems to be the second show under the exciting era of the new booker Dean Ayass. Ayass commented last night that "2007 has been the year of British wrestling and 11th August will show why even though the recent events in America with wrestlers dying and steroids, that the quality wrestling is right here in the UK!" The card will be released in a few days time so stay tuned to 1StopWrestling.[/quote][/center] The card should be up later

[CENTER][QUOTE=www.1stopwrestling.co.uk][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][b][u]Wesna Leaves RQW, Summer Brawl Card and more.[/u][/b][/COLOR][/SIZE] by Sarah Baraclough RQW Head Book Dean Ayass today sadly informed us that RQW Womens Champion, Wesna, has left the London based company. "This is a sad loss for us because she is one of the most talented female wrestler in the UK today. She has joined OVW, the development brand for WWE and with immediate effect, she will be vactating her title and her place in the match in four days time against Cheerleader Mellisa and Eden Black." [B][U][COLOR="blue"]Real Quality Wrestling Presents: Summer Brawl August 11th 2007 York Hall, Bethnal Green[/COLOR][/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"][B][U]RQW Heavyweight Championship[/U][/B] Martin Stone (c) vs. Drew Galloway[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B][U]Fatal Four Way: #1 Contender for RQW Heavyweight Championship[/U][/B] Jody Fleisch vs. Doug Williams vs. Majik vs. Jon Ryan[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B][U]Singles[/U][/B] Dragon Asiu vs. Jonny Storm[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B][U]Singles[/U][/B] James Tighe vs. Aviv Mayaan[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B][U]RQW Cruiserweight Championship[/U][/B] Red Vinny (c) vs. Bubblegum[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B][U]Triple Threat for Vacant RQW Womens Championship[/U][/B] ?????? Vs. Eden Black vs. Cheerleader Mellisa [b]Plus[/b] + Dean Ayass interview + Special Guest Wrestler + Much more[/COLOR] An exciting time for RQW under the Dean Ayass era has the ‘Evil Genius’ himself has produced one of a packed card. As we’ve reported, with Wesna leaving for OVW, who will be replacing her? Will it be the special guest? And what will Ayass say in the interview? Catch it on Summer Brawl, 11th August at York Hall, Bethnal Green! [/QUOTE][/CENTER] OOC: I'm very gutted about Wesna leaving since I had big plans for her :(

Archived