Question about tournament titles

I know that tournament titles have to be booked in any match in the month that it's scheduled. But, can I book a tournament title in any other month? Could I, for example, have a monthly 10-man battle royal for a tournament title? Would it hurt the prestige of the belt? Will it have any other negative influence?

Guest Ransik
Okay I've never done it so I don't know... but even though the Royal Rumble is set as a Tournament Title... can you put it on the line in the Rumble itself and not have a Tournament?

im fairly certain a tournament title can be defended in any type of match that a regular title can be defended in. it doesnt have to be competed for in any kind of tournament whatsoever. the only difference is winning a tournament title means you dont defend the title. if this is false please correct me coz i havent experimented TOO deeply, but im fairly certain

The Royal Rumble was one of the ideas behind the Tournament Title in the first place ;)

The only thing a Tournament Title needs to make the game happy, is to be on the line in a match in the given month. The type of match, amount of times it's defended, or anything like that doesn't matter at all. Beyond the amount it matters for any other title, of course.

Ok. I just created a tournament title.

Is there a way to advance book/advertise the tournament itself? I know it's set for a particular month, but I want to know if there's a way I can make it draw more fans. :cool:

I also know I can advance book the wrestlers who will be fighting over it, just wanted to know if there was a way to 'media blitz' the title itself.

Also being not familiar with real wrestling, is there a recommended minimum number of participants for a tag team tournament? Sometimes reading in the forums I feel a tourney is just a tourney no matter how small, other times I feel like I should put 3/4 of the roster plus guests in it. I guess I'm just mostly concerned about putting on a lame tournament. :p

Ok. I just created a tournament title.

Is there a way to advance book/advertise the tournament itself? I know it's set for a particular month, but I want to know if there's a way I can make it draw more fans. :cool:

I also know I can advance book the wrestlers who will be fighting over it, just wanted to know if there was a way to 'media blitz' the title itself.

Also being not familiar with real wrestling, is there a recommended minimum number of participants for a tag team tournament? Sometimes reading in the forums I feel a tourney is just a tourney no matter how small, other times I feel like I should put 3/4 of the roster plus guests in it. I guess I'm just mostly concerned about putting on a lame tournament. :p

No there is no way to advertise the "tournament" - only the individual matchups in it.

And no there is no minimum (or maximum) number of people that you have to have in the tournament - it can simply be one match only with the title on the line in that match, during the correct month.

Tournaments in wrestling are usually at least 8-(man/team) tournaments.

Four first round matches, two-semi-finals and a final. And usually only the Semis and Final happen on the same night, if even that. WWF(E)'s King of the Ring, for example, usually had the preliminary matches on TV, then the Semi Finals and Final on the PPV itself, so the winner only wrestled twice on the actual show.

Of course, you can do whatever you want :p

• 10 years later...

<p>The game doesn't understand the difference between G-1 Climax, Money in the Bank, and Royal Rumble - it's all your imagination. All you need is to have it defended in the appropriate month - it doesn't even need to be on PPV or anything. </p><p> </p><p>

The one catch is that they are listed as won but not lost, but it's mostly imagination. So if you have someone win MITB, then you have them defend the briefcase you would just set it up like any other title match. If they lose the tournament title, the game will see the new winner as though they "just won the tournament" and won't understand the prior owner of the title lost it to the current owner of the belt - again, this is really just imagination and has no bearing on the game.</p><p> </p><p>

Tournament Title Prestige - the only thing you can do is have high rated matches on important events. A tournament title being fought over by Hell Monkey and Spencer Spade on TV will naturally have less prestige than one being fought over by Wolf Hawkins and Remo on a "Historic" PPV.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Match Quality with good workers.</p><p>

2. Relevant event, preferably "Historic".</p><p>

3. The game doesn't know/care about lead-in matches only the finale.</p><p> </p><p>

Once, I had three battle royals where the winners faced off in a triple threat. Another time, I had 6 qualifier matches on TV to determine the 6 participants in the Battlecage Brawl. Another time, I had 10 triple threats to determine the 10 members of a battle royale. Just use your imagination and have a lot of fun. I remember another time I had the Alliance Championship, World Championship, and Tournament Championship all on the line in one mega match.</p>

Archived