Matt Sydal signs for ???

chris caulfield

Well the WWE could be in great shape for the future with some of the talent currently down their in the feeder leagues. I know there were also rumblings that Jack Evans was in Florida having a tryout matches in the hope of getting a deal for himself. My only concern is how watered down some of these guys will become if/when they get promoted to the main shows... look at Paul London now and prior to joining the WWE for instance. I've always quite liked Sydal though, so hopefully good things are in store for him and he isn't just instantly released for no real reason like Castagnoli was.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;281766]Well the WWE could be in great shape for the future with some of the talent currently down their in the feeder leagues. I know there were also rumblings that Jack Evans was in Florida having a tryout matches in the hope of getting a deal for himself. My only concern is how watered down some of these guys will become if/when they get promoted to the main shows... look at Paul London now and prior to joining the WWE for instance. I've always quite liked Sydal though, so hopefully good things are in store for him and he isn't just instantly released for no real reason like Castagnoli was.[/QUOTE] Sydal has just sold out, but if anyone else were in his shoes they might well do the same thing, a guaranteed regular income every-week is a very enticing thing....otherwise James Gibson or Jimmy Wang wouldn't have gone back to the WWE after their successful ROH runs. Though what really is in it for the WWE in signing a guy like Sydal where almost his entire appeal is based on the fact that he hit's high-flying moves. He will now go into OVW get trained up in that oh so bland 'safety first' WWE style (even though half of Smackdown is on the injury list) then appear on Smackdown and either get a run in the oh so pointless cruiserweight division or get put in a tag team that will get a couple of default title shots before being handed the pink-slip after only a year. I also think had this been last year Sydal might well have chosen to go to TNA, but because of the way the X-Division is being treated right now, I think up and coming indy talents like Sydal would rather choose the WWE, even if that does mean selling out their entire move-set to the devil.

more than likely he will but, not yet [url]http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=26158&p=1[/url] [QUOTE]MATT SYDAL UPDATE AND CLARIFICATION by Mike Johnson @ 6:24:27 PM on 8/22/2007 Although Matt Sydal is expected to sign with World Wrestling Entertainment, I incorrectly reported this morning that he had already signed his deal. That is not yet the case (partially because he's in Japan on tour) and I apologize for any confusion. [/QUOTE]

Archived