We Can't Wrestle

Okay, firstly apolgies for this being yet another WCW dynasty. I know there are several on here already, and unfortunately I'm not even picking a novel scenario to start from (like someone who started theirs in 93, which seems quite interesting). No, this is going to be another 'what if WCW was not bought by WWF in 2001' type-a thing. My principle reasons writing this diary are twofold, firstly to challenge myself to put together interesting storylines instead of just putting shows together to get the best results without regard to whether it makes sense from a storyline point of view. Secondly, my putting it in a diary I have a reason to use creative storylines and to keep this interesting and making sense. Oh and also so that I have a record of what I've done on past shows, so I can recal what angles worked etc I'm using the War's End - Rebirth mod (by Tommy w/D16NJD16) with just minor changes to the database - a few alignment adjustments, shifting Thunder down to an hour and all my PPVs from 3hrs to 2 1/2hrs and setting the start date back a month to April. I've been a game running this mod for a while (my first game with TEW) and been enjoying it; I've had some nice ideas and also made a few mistakes. So I'm gonna start from the beginning and hopefully this will go smoothly. Its going to take a while to get people sufficiently over and up to the position they should be in, so please bear with me while I clear up the mess of the previous management :p I'm starting in April 2001, the week following what was the 'final episode of Nitro', some storylines will be continued, some abandoned (like a couple of 'retirement' stipulations). I'm going to book this in a way that I would have liked to see WCW continue. I'm going to phase out the 'legends' and bring in a few new (and old) faces, but I'm going to try and keep it realistic with things that could feasibly have gone down on Nitro. I welcome any tips, suggestions and ideas you guys have (this is my first dynasty). I haven't read the other WCW diaries, so apologies if anything comes up that is quite simillar. And feel free to make predictions :) Finally, and perhaps most importantly, this is diary is not going to be flashy or extravegant, just hopefully clear, simple and easy to follow (and write!). Here are the scheduled matches for the first Nitro under the new regime: Jung Dragons vs Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo vs Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias - for number one contendership to the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles Rey Mysterio Jr vs Shane Helms (c) - for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship The Insiders (Kevin Nash and DDP) vs Palumbo and O'Haire (c) - for the World Tag Team Titles Booker T (c) vs Buff Bagwell - for the World Heavyweight and US Titles Show should be up tomorrow :)

Interesting title. Looks a bright dynasty this. I'll be reading. [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] vs Shane Helms (c) - for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship The Insiders (Kevin Nash and DDP) vs [B]Palumbo and O'Haire (c) [/B]- for the World Tag Team Titles [B] Booker T (c)[/B] vs Buff Bagwell - for the World Heavyweight and US Titles I know my picks are going to suck, but hey, it's who I would like to see win.

Jung Dragons vs Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo vs [B]Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias [/B]- for number one contendership to the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles Rey Mysterio Jr vs [B]Shane Helms (c)[/B] - for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship [B]The Insiders (Kevin Nash and DDP)[/B] vs Palumbo and O'Haire (c) - for the World Tag Team Titles [B]Booker T (c)[/B] vs Buff Bagwell - for the World Heavyweight and US Titles

Week 1 April 2001 Monday Night Nitro Live from the Columbus Civic Centre, Columbus GA [CENTER]Pre Show Christopher Daniels vs Kanyon Kanyon defeated Daniels in 8:03 by pinfall with a Flatliner. Grade: B- The Boogie Knights vs KroniK KroniK defeated Boogie Knights in 7:34 when Bryan Clark defeated Alex Wright by pinfall with a High Times. Grade: D+ Live Broadcast[/CENTER] Ric Flair comes out to open the show and informs everyone WCW is under new management, and says that although he no longer holds a position of power (he was previously the on-screen CEO) he will still be involved in someway. He also suggests that WCW will have a new authority figure calling the shots in the near future. Grade: A [CENTER]Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Sugar Shane Helms Helms defeated Rey in 11:47 by pinfall with a Shining Wizard to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. Grade: C+[/CENTER] Following the match Rey and Sugar Shane shake hands in the centre of the ring in a show of sportsmanship and respect. But Chavo Guerrero Jr comes out of nowhere and lays out both men, before telling Shane "That's my belt!" Grade: B+ Mike Awesome stands in the ring and announces that he is throwing out an open challenge to any one in the back to face him in a hardcore match. Grade: B- Bam Bam Bigelow appears on the entrance way with a trolley full of weapons; garbage cans, fire extinguishers, 2x4s, and says he accepets Awesome's challenge! Grade: B- [CENTER]Maike Awesome vs Bam Bam Bigelow Bam Bam defeated Awesome in 11:56 by pinfall with a Moonsault through a table. Grade: A The Jung Dragons vs Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo vs Jamie Knoble & Evan Karragias Knoble & Karagias defeated The Jung Dragons and Romeo & Skipper in 7:39 when Knoble forced Romeo to submit with a Guillotine Choke. Grade: C-[/CENTER] Jeff Jarrett, accompanied by Ric Flair (is this Flair's new involvement with WCW?), comes out to the ring and bad mouths Dustin Rhodes before challenging him to match next Monday on Nitro. Grade: B [CENTER]Lance Storm vs Konnan Lance Storm defeated Konnan in 11:53 by submission with a Canadian Maple Leaf. Grade: B+[/CENTER] After the decision Storm keeps the hold locked on as Konnan taps furiously. It takes several refs and officials to pry Storm off; Konnan is helped to the back by several officials. Grade: B [CENTER]The Insiders Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page vs Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire The Insiders drew with Palumbo and O'Haire in 9:38 following a double count out. Palumbo and O'Haire retain their World Tag Team titles. Grade: C+[/CENTER] After the bell all four men continue to brawl around ringside, O'Haire and Palumbo whip Nash into the steel guardrail leaving them to double team Page. Back in the ring they hit him with Palumbo's Jungle Kick followed by a Seanton Bomb. After Palumbo and O'Haire have left, Nash helps Page up to his feet but shockingly clotheslines him back down again before hitting the Jackknife powerbomb much to the fans disgust. Grade: B [CENTER]Booker T w/Paisley vs Buff Bagwell Booker T defeated Buff in 11:47 by pinfall with The Book End to retain the WCW World and US titles. Grade: A[/CENTER] As Booker is celebrating in the ring, Scott Steiner comes sprinting in and levels him with a shot to the back of the head with Booker's own world title. Steiner then proceeds to beat Booker from pillar to post as Ric Flair slowly saunters down the aisle; once in the ring Flair pauses and then raises Steiner's hand aloft as Steiner clutches the World Title and the show goes off the air. Grade: A* Overall Rating: B+ Attendence: 8,187 Television Rating: 19.99 on TNT

WCW Thunder, Wednesday Week 1 April 2001 Stageman Colisieum, Athens GA [CENTER]Pre Show KroniK vs The Mamalukes Johnny The Bull and Big Vito KroniK defeated The Mamalukes in 7:46 when Bryan Clark pinned Big Vito following a High Times. Grade: C- Jamie Knoble and Evan Karragias vs The Jung Dragons Knoble & Karagias defeated The Jung Dragons in 7:57 when Jamie Knoble made Kaz Hayashi submit with a Guillotine Choke. Grade: C- Thunder Taping[/CENTER] Booker T comes out at the top of the show with his World Title belt; he talks about Steiner's sneak attack at the end of Nitro and calls Steiner and Flair punks. Booker tells Steiner to be a man and challenges him to a match for the title at Spring Stampede! Grade: A [CENTER]Chavo Guerrrero Jr vs Disqo (w/Alex Wright) Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Disqo in 7:06 by pinfall with a Gory Bomb. Grade: C+[/CENTER] Following the match, Cruiserweight champion Shane Helms comes out onto the entrance way and tells Chavo that since he clearly wants his belt so bad as to attack Shane and Rey last Monday, Shane challenges him to a match next week on Nitro! Grade: B [CENTER]Bam Bam Bigelow vs Hugh Morrus Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Hugh Morrus in 7:35 by pinfall in a hardcore match with a Diving Headbutt. Grade: C+[/CENTER] There is an eleborate set in the ring, displaying the words 'The Franchise Hour'. Shane Douglas comes out and says that as the Franchise of WCW its only fitting that he has his own talk show. Douglas introduces his first guest, Kevin Nash, who is greeted by a chorus of boos from the audience. Nash proceeds to tell Shane, and everyone in attendance that DDP was holding him back and that their Insiders tag team was a joke. He ends by stating that his actions on Nitro were simply him eliminating the 'weak link'. Grade: B+ Before the final match, Ric Flair and Scott Steiner come down the aisle and pull up chairs at ringside so they can observe the match. The announcers speculate whether Steiner will accept Booker's challenge; Bobby Heenan surmises that he has to, 'this is the World's Heavyweight Title we're talking about pal!' Grade: A [CENTER]Goldberg vs Chris Kanyon Goldberg defeated Kanyon in 11:32 by pinfall with a spear followed by a Jackhammer. Grade: B-[/CENTER] After the match, the camera catches Steiner and Flair conferring with each other and debating something at ringside as Goldberg celebrates in the ring and the show goes off the air. Grade: B+ Overall Rating: B- Attendance: 8,291 TV Rating: 26.36 on TBS

Ah yeah, that would have been a really nice idea actually. That'll have to go down as an opportunity missed I think. Here's the card for the upcoming Nitro: Kanyon vs Chris Daniels Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship Match: Jamie Knoble & Evan Karragias vs Rey & Kidman (c) Cruiserweight Championship Match: Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Shane Helms (c) Lance Storm vs Alex Wright Goldberg vs Tank Abbott As I said, I haven't really read any other diaries properly, although I have stolen the idea of numbering the matches from someone, as I think that helps them stand out. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for making things look nicer or clearer, please PM me or something :)

[QUOTE=tom_wk;288227]Ah yeah, that would have been a really nice idea actually. That'll have to go down as an opportunity missed I think. Here's the card for the upcoming Nitro: [B]Kanyon[/B] vs Chris Daniels Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship Match: Jamie Knoble & Evan Karragias vs [B]Rey & Kidman (c)[/B] Cruiserweight Championship Match: Chavo Guerrero Jr vs [B]Shane Helms (c)[/B] [B][B]Lance Storm[/B][/B] vs Alex Wright [B] Goldberg[/B] vs Tank Abott As I said, I haven't really read any other diaries properly, although I have stolen the idea of numbering the matches from someone, as I think that helps them stand out. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for making things look nicer or clearer, please PM me or something :)[/QUOTE] Some predictions...

Week 2 April 2001 Monday Night Nitro Live from the Reed Green Coliseum, Hattiesburg MS [CENTER]Live Broadcast[/CENTER] As the show starts, the announcers let everyone know that WCW's new acting President is about to be revealed! The sound of drum and pipe music fills the arena and out steps a familiar figure... Rowdy Roddy Piper! Piper says he's the one calling all the shots now! Grade: B- [CENTER]Chris Kanyon vs Christopher Daniels Kanyon defeated Daniels in 6:38 by pinfall with a Flatliner. Grade: B-[/CENTER] Backstage a camera catches Flair and Steiner barging into Piper's office; Steiner lets Piper know that he accepts Booker's challenge for a match at Spring Stampede. Flair then says there's another matter that needs attending to and Steiner muscles the cameraman out of the room and slams the door, leaving us in the dark about Flair's plan. Grade: A [CENTER]Jamie Knoble & Evan Karragias vs Rey & Kidman Rey & Kidman defeated Knoble & Karagias in 7:31 when Rey pinned Karagias following a Top-Rope Hurricanrana to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles. Grade: B-[/CENTER] Ric Flair comes to the ring and says that he just got Piper's approval for tonight's main event. Tonight Booker T will go one on one with Flair's hired gun: Road Warrior Animal! Grade: A* [CENTER]Goldberg vs Tank Abbott Goldberg defeated Tank Abbott in 7:29 by pinfall with a Jackhammer. Grade: c[/CENTER] In the ring, DDP says that his last fews months in wrestling have been about having fun and enjoying himself, but since Nash stabbed him in the back, its now personal. Grade: A [CENTER]Lance Storm vs Alex Wright Lance Storm defeated Alex Wright in 9:33 by submission with a Canadian Maple Leaf. Grade: B-[/CENTER] After the bell Storm keeps the hold locked on as Wright cries out in agony. The bell keeps ringing but Storm does not break the hold for another minute, when security and officials storm the ring. Wright is carried out of the arena on a stretcher by EMTs. Grade: C+ Backstage Goldberg is warming down from his match, Flair and Steiner approach Goldberg and offer him a proposal; if Goldberg helps Steiner win the World Heavyweight Championship from Booker T, he will be guaranteed a title shot. Goldberg tells them he'll think about it. Grade: A* [CENTER]Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Shane Helms Shane Helms defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. in 9:43 by pinfall with the Vertebraker to retain WCW Cruiserweight Championship. During the match the ref was knocked down by a wayward Helms clothesline and Chavo hit the Gory Bomb but there was no-one to count the fall. Grade: B Jeff Jarrett vs Dustin Rhodes Jeff Jarrett, with Flair by his side, comes out for his match with Dustin Rhodes with a solemn look on his face, as if he knows he's in over his head and he's about to take a beating. A cheer goes up when Dustin's music hits, but something isn't right and the cheers soon turn to boos as the Rhodes' make their appearance on the entrance way. Instead of Dustin and his father, the American Dream, the fans are greeted by a skinny kid in chaps, make up and a cowboy and a fat midget in a plumbers suit. Jarrett and Flair can't contain themselves in the ring and nearly fall over laughing. Jarrett makes short work of these two imposters and the fans are sickened by this humiliating display. As Flair and Jarrett celebrate in the ring the real Rhodes come racing down the aisle, taking Jarrett and Flair by surprise. Dustin floors Jarrett with a couple of stiff punches to the temple and Dusty hits a little flip flop and fly on Flair, sending the dastardly duo scurrying back up the entrance way as the fans voice their approval. Grade: B+ Booker T w/Paisley vs Road Warrior Animal w/Ric Flair Animal defeated Booker T in 11:57 by pinfall in a non-title match when Flair distracted the ref and Steiner hit Booker with a lead pipe. Grade: B[/CENTER] After the match Flair, Steiner and Animal celebrate over the fallen body of Booker T who is down and out in the middle of the ring. Grade: A* Overall Show Rating: B+ Attendance: 8,074 TV Rating: 21.21 on TNT

[QUOTE=sprinklefurball;288422]Kanyon vs Chris Daniels Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship Match: Jamie Knoble & Evan Karragias vs Rey & Kidman (c) Cruiserweight Championship Match: Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Shane Helms (c) Lance Storm vs Alex Wright Goldberg vs Tank Abbott[/QUOTE] Well hotdog, we have a weiner! Here are the scheduled matches for Thunder: Chris Daniels vs Rey Mysterio Kevin Nash vs Rick Steiner World Heavyweight Title match: Animal vs Booker T

Wednesday, Week 2, April 2001 WCW Thunder DeSoto Civic Center, Southaven MS Your announcers are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Booby 'The Brain' Heenan. [CENTER]Christopher Daniels vs Rey Mysterio Jr Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Christopher Daniels in 7:33 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana. Grade: B-[/CENTER] Chavo Jr comes out and gets the production team to reply the closing moments of his match with Sugar Shane on Nitro, in which he hit the Gory Bomb and covered Shane but there was no ref to make the count. Chavo says he clearly had Helms beaten and by rights he should be the Cruiserweight champion. Shane comes out to the top of the entrance way and agrees that the ending of the match was controversial, he says he is a fighting champion and suggests a rematch for the title at Spring Stampede to settle things. Grade: B [CENTER]Kevin Nash vs Rick Steiner Kevin Nash defeated Rick Steiner in 10:24 when Rick Steiner was disqualified after Diamond Dallas Page ran in and attacked Kevin Nash. Grade: C+[/CENTER] After the bell, DDP continues to assualt Nash with fierce punches to the head. The two are only seperated when a number of backstage officials and security run in to break them up. Grade: B+ Dustin Rhodes comes to the ring, accompanied by the American Dream, he says Flair and Jarrett's actions on Monday were sickening and that they need to be taught some respect. The two of them challenge Jarrett and Flair to face them in a tag team match next week on Nitro! Grade: B [CENTER]Road Warrior Animal vs Booker T Booker T defeated Animal in 11:31 by pinfall to retain the WCW World Heavyweight title. This was essentially a handicap match with both Flair and Steiner running interference for Animal. The finish came when Booker knocked Steiner off the apron with a forearm and Steiner went careering into Flair allowing Booker to catch the Road Warrior with a devastating Axe Kick and get the pin before the heels could regroup. Grade: B[/CENTER] After the decision Steiner and Flair pounce on Booker and, with Animal, the three of them ruthlessly beat Booker down. Animal and Flair grab Booker and hold him up as Steiner prepares to blast him with a lead pipe but before he can Goldberg comes sprinting into the ring and spears Steiner nearly out of his boots! Goldberg sends Flair to the mat with a single right and rocks Animal with a couple of swift forearms before shooting him off into the ropes, Animal bounces back with his fist raised but.....BAM! Goldberg nails him with a spear that sends him rolling to the outside. Steiner, Flair and Animal retreat up the entrance way as Goldberg helps Booker to his feet in the ring. I guess Steiner and Flair have their answer! Grade: A* Overall Rating: B Attendance: 7,655 TV Rating: 30.20 on TBS

I've changed the presentation a bit, and I'm much happier with it now. It makes it a lot easier to go back and check what I've done, and I'm assuming its easier to read now too. Here's the card for Nitro Week 3; Rey Jr vs the Returning Juventud Guerrera Chavo Guerrero vs Chris Daniels The Jung Dragons vs Kid Romeo and Elix Skipper Mike Awesome vs Hugh Morrus Jarrett and Flair vs The Rhodes And the Main Event: DDP vs Kevin Nash in a Grudge Match In other news, the following wrestlers have been signed to developmental contracts: The Amazing Red Shark Boy Johnny Devine Christian York Joey Matthews Chris Sabin Samoa Joe Keiji Sakoda Jorge Estrada Devon Storm (Crowbar) and Jody Fleisch In addition there have been several additions to the active roster and look for these to debut in the coming months. And finally, I've brought Bret Hart in as a road agent as that seems like a perfect fit to me.

Crowbar to the main roster, plz. Also, with Daffeney. [B]Rey Jr[/B] vs the Returning Juventud Guerrera [B]Chavo Guerrero[/B] vs Chris Daniels [B]The Jung Dragons[/B] vs Kid Romeo and Elix Skipper [B]Mike Awesome[/B] vs Hugh Morrus Jarrett and Flair vs [B]The Rhodes [/B] And the Main Event: [B]DDP[/B] vs Kevin Nash in a Grudge Match

Week 3 April Monday Night Nitro Live from the Richmond Coliseum, Richmond VA Your announcers are Scott Hudson, Mike Tenay and Bobby Heenan and we're just one week from Spring Stampede! Flair and Steiner open the show by making their way to the ring in a very bad mood. They tell Goldberg that he has effectively signed his own death warrant by siding with Booker, and that once Steiner wins the title Goldberg will never recieve an opportunity at that belt. They end by saying that a match has been signed for this Wednesday on Thunder in which Booker T and Goldberg will take on Steiner, Animal and a mystery opponent. Grade: A [CENTER] Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Juventud Guerrera Rey defeated Juvi in 6:38 by pinfall with a Springboard Leg-Drop. Grade: B-[/CENTER] Backstage, the cameras catch Shane Douglas entering Roddy Piper's office... Grade: B- [CENTER]Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Christopher Daniels Chavo defeated Chris Daniels in 9:47 by pinfall with a Gory Bomb. Grade: B+[/CENTER] After his win, Chavo makes a belt motion around his waste and says straight into the camera that 'That's my belt Shane'. Grade: B [CENTER]The Jung Dragons vs Kid Romeo and Elix Skipper Romeo & Skipper defeated The Jung Dragons in 7:56 when Elix defeated Jimmy Yang by pinfall with a Play of the Week neckbreaker. Grade: C[/CENTER] Roddy Piper comes out and addresses the crowd; he says Shane Douglas came to him with some good points earlier, and so in the interest of compettition, tonight will play host to a number one contenders match to the Tag Team titles. The match will feature the team of KroniK against The Franchise Shane Douglas and a partner of his choosing... Grade: B- [CENTER]Mike Awesome vs Hugh Morrus Just as Awesome and Morrus are about to go at it, Bam Bam Bigelow's music hits and he storms out accompanied by his trolley full of weapons. Bam Bam throws trashcans and crutches and cookie sheets into ring; Morrus slides between the ropes and attacks Bigelow, the two big men are going at it when from out of nowhere Awesome launches himself over the tope rope and takes both of them down. The ref tries to throw the match out but the three men carry on brawling regardless. The finish came when Bigelow nailed Morrus with the Greetings From Asbury Park and set up for his Moonsault but Awesome knocked him off the top rope and sent him crashing through a table at ringside before connecting with the Awesome Splash onto Morrus for the one, two, three. The announcers wonder whether this'll count as an official match... Grade: B+[/CENTER] Ric Flair is backstage and is shown handing someone a large sum of money, the recipient is standing in a doorway with his identity concealled however. Grade: B+ Palumbo and O'Haire join Tenay, Hudson and Heenan at the commentary table to give their thoughts on the upcoming number one contenders tag match. Grade: B The Franchise comes out and says that his mystery partner is someone from his past, someone he can trust, one of his friends in the wrestling business, it is... Chris Candido! Candido makes his way out and joins his partner in the ring. Grade: C [CENTER]Shane Douglas and ??? vs KroniK KroniK defeated Shane Douglas and Chris Candido in 10:09 when Adams pinned Candido following a High Times. Grade: B-[/CENTER] Backstage Gene Okerlund interviews Booker T about Steiner and Flair's recent actions. Booker says that he and Goldberg aren't friends, they just both have a common hatred of Flair and Steiner. Goldberg comes into shot and Mean Gene asks him about the upcoming handicap match on Thunder, Goldberg says it doesn't matter who the mystery man is he can't wait to get his hands on Animal and Steiner and that Flair had better be careful not to wander too close to the ring... Grade: A* [CENTER]Jeff Jarrett and Ric Flair vs The Rhodes Jarrett and Flair defeated Dustin and Dusty Rhodes in 11:33 when Jarrett pinned Dusty after hitting him with a steel chair and smashing Dustin over the head with a guitar while Flair distracted the ref. Grade: B+[/CENTER] Following the decision, as Jarrett and Flair are making their way back up the aisle, Dustin grabs a mic and shouts at Jarrett that if that's the way he wants to play it, why don't they make their match at Spring Stampede a Bunkhouse Brawl!! Grade: B [CENTER]DDP vs Kevin Nash At the bell DDP threw himself at Nash and the two contestants spilled out to the floor, there they continued to batter each other with anything they could get their hands on. The refree tried to restore order but neither man would listen as they attacked each other with chairs and ringside cables. The ref was forced to call for the double disqualification at just 2:34. Grade: A*[/CENTER] Neither man was phased by the decision as they continue to brawl around ringside, security steps in but they can't hold them apart and they continue fighting to the backstage area as the show goes off the air! Grade: B+ Overall Rating: B+ Attendance: 7,921 TV Rating: 21.24 on TNT

Yeah Crowbar's ready to go up the main roster, I just don't have anything for him at the moment. This week's Thunder looks like this: Shane Helms vs Juventud Guerrera in a non-title match Lance Storm vs Psicosis And Booker T and Goldberg vs Scott Steiner, Animal and a mystery opponent In other news, WCW has just established working agreements with both NJPW and AJPW, so we shall see what this brings in the future.

Wednesday, Week, 3 April WCW Thunder Roanoke Civic Centre, Roanoke VA Just four days away from Spring Stampede! Your announcers are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan. [CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]WCW THUNDER[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] The show opens with Steiner, Flair and Animal arriving at the building in a limousine; there is no sign of the mystery man. Grade: A Chavo Guerrero Jr. joins Mike, Tony and Bobby at the commentary table to give his thoughts on Sugar Shane before the first match. Grade: B [CENTER]Shane Helms vs Juventud Guerrera Sugar Shane defeated Juvi Guerrera in 7:48 via pinfall with The Vertebreaker. Grade: B-[/CENTER] After the match Chavo stands at the commentary table and stares right through Shane. Helms grabs his belt and poses on the turnbuckle, staring right back at Guerrero. Grade: B Roddy Piper comes out and tells Nash and Page that since they seem not to be able to control themselves, their bout at Spring Stampede will now be a no disqualification match! Grade: A [CENTER]Lance Storm vs Psicosis Storm defeated Psicosis in 8:37 by submission with a Canadian Maple Leaf. Grade: B-[/CENTER] Storm keeps his Canadian Maple Leaf locked on after the bell has rung, the ref tries to force Storm to break the hold and he does, but only to superkick the ref and apply the hold once more. Eventually Storm relinquishes the hold, leaving Psicosis to be carried to the back by officials. Grade: B- Flair, Steiner and Animal come down to the ring and Flair reveals that Animal and Steiner's mystery partner will be the man who shocked the world on the very first episode of Nitro... the 'Total Package' Lex Luger! Grade: B+ [CENTER]Goldberg and Booker T vs Steiner, Animal and ??? With the numbers game in their favour, and Flair's persistent underhand tactics, Steiner, Animal and Luger controlled the majority of the match. The finish came as all five men were brawling in the ring, Luger had Booker in the Torture Rack and Animal and Steiner were double teaming Goldberg. They shot Goldberg off into the ropes but he ducked a double clothesline attempt and came bounding back with a tremendous spear to both men as Booker slipped out of the Rack and nailed Luger with an Axe Kick for the pinfall. Grade: B-[/CENTER] Booker and Goldberg's celebrations are cut short as Flair attacks them both from behind with a steel chair, his blows don't have much effect however and both turn to face him as he drops to his knees and begs off. Booker is about to grab Flair but Animal nails him over the back of the head with a chair shot which has substantially more impact that Flair's and Steiner wipes Goldberg out with the same move. The numbers game kicks in again as all four dastardly rapscallions put the boots to Booker and Goldberg. Steiner exits the ring and searches under the apron; he retrieves his signature lead pipe and rolls back into the ring. Flair instructs Luger and Animal to hold Goldberg up as Steiner takes aim and smashes Goldberg across the forehead with the pipe; Goldberg slumps to the mat. Luger and Animal then grab Booker and hold him up for the same fate; Steiner rears back and nails him across the forehead. A small trickle of blood appears above Booker's left eye and Steiner zeroes in, opening up the wound with strong right hands until blood is pouring down Booker's face. Flair laughs as Luger and Animal allow Booker to drop to the floor, Steiner drops the lead pipe on the mat and the four of them stand hands raised in the ring as Booker and Goldberg lie beaten and bloodied. Grade: A* Overall Rating: B Attendance: 8,476 TV Rating: 30.54 on TBS

[CENTER][IMG]http://uk.geocities.com/echobrain2000/stampede00.gif[/IMG] Preview of Spring Stampede Week 3 April 2001 6 Man Match for Number One Contdership to the Cruiserweight Championship Elix Skipper vs Kid Romeo vs Rey Mysterio Jr vs Billy Kidman vs Evan Karragias vs Juventud Guerrera Kanyon vs Chris Daniels Cruiserweight Championship Match Sugar Shane Helms (c) vs Chavo Guerrero Jr World Tag Team Championship Match Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumo (c) vs KroniK (Bryan Clark and Brian Adams) Bunkhouse Brawl Dustin Rhodes vs Jeff Jarrett Goldberg vs Animal No Disqualification Match Diamond Dallas Page vs Kevin Nash World Heavyweight Championship Match Scott Steiner vs Booker T (c) And more, predictions welcome :)[/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Better late than never heh... Sunday, Week 3, April 2001 [CENTER][IMG]http://uk.geocities.com/echobrain2000/stampede00.gif[/IMG] WCW Spring Stampede, live from the Reunion Arena, Dallas TX. Your announcers are Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay and Boibby 'The Brain' Heenan. [COLOR="Blue"]6 Man Match for Number One Contdership to the Cruiserweight Championship Elix Skipper vs Kid Romeo vs Rey Mysterio Jr vs Billy Kidman vs Evan Karagias vs Juventud Guerrera The show gets underway with a high-paced cruiserweight exhibition from six of WCW's young stars. The returning Juventud Guerrera came out last and paraded around ringside mocking the other competitors, Karagias slid out of the ring and got in Juvi's face telling him to start the match. Eager to impress, Romeo and Skipper wowed fans with a pair of stunning synchronised dives to the outside onto the arguing Juvi and Karagias to start the the match off with a bang. Seizing the moment, Rey and Kidman each climbed to the top rope and simultaneously dove off onto the pile of bodies as the other four were getting to their feet. As the match progressed, Rey and Kidman were able to stay in control by using their experience to execute a number of elaborate double team manoeuvres, but this was not a tag match and with a shot at the Cruiserweight title at stake they eventually came to blows. They were broken up by a pair of dropkicks to the back from Karagias and Skipper which sent them colliding headfirst into each other. Karagias and Skipper went toe-to-toe before Skipper ducked a big haymaker from Karagias and nailed him with his Play of the Week neckbreaker. As Elix went for the cover though, his own partner, Kid Romeo pushed him off and went for the cover himself. Before the ref could barely slap the mat for the count of one, Skipper pulled Romeo off Evan and the two started arguing over who should take the pin. Juvi settled their arguement by hitting them with a running dropkick which connected with one foot to each man and knocked them both through the ropes to the outside. As Guerrera was measuring Romeo and Skipper and preapring to slingshot himself over the ropes onto them Kidman nailed him from behind and dropped him to the mat. Romeo and Skipper staggered to their feet whilst continuing to argue as Kidman struggled to matintain his balance while climbing to the top rope, not in the corner but in the middle of the ropes, before leveling both men with a sensational shooting star press from the top rope to the floor and nearly ending up in the laps of the fans in the front row! Not to be outdone, Juvi dazzled everyone with a corkscrew plancha over the top rope onto the assembled bodies. Meanwhile in the ring Karagias had recovered and set Mysterio up for a top-rope powerbomb but Rey using his experience countered with a frankensteiner from the third floor, he followed up with a lightning quick springboard leg-drop and the ref counted the 1...2...3 [I]Winner: Rey Mysterio Jr. via pinfall in 8:58 Grade: B-[/I] [/COLOR][/CENTER] Backstage Dustin Rhodes, with his father America Dream, says that Jarrett is going to get the ass whuppin' of a lifetime in their Bunkhouse Brawl match later tonight. Grade: B+ The camera cuts to Pamela Paulshock as she prepares to interview WCW Cruiserweight Champion Shane Helms, before the interview can begin though Chavo Guerrero comes out of nowhere and attacks Shane, sending him crashing into the interview set. Chavo proceeds to stomp away at Helms' leg before snatching the camera from the cameraman and bringing it crashing down repeatedly onto Shane's knee. A second cameraman catches the action as medical personnel rush to check on Shane and Chavo nonchalantly strolls away. Grade: B+ [CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]Kanyon vs Christopher Daniels Kanyon dominated the majority of the match-up but Daniels kept fighting back. Each time the youngster was on the verge of turning things his way, with a cunning counter or an ahtletic manoeuver, Kanyon would cut him off with a cheap shot to the eyes or a low blow in order to maintain the advantage. Eight and a half minutes into the match Kanyon looked set to finish things off by positioning Daniels for a belly-to-back suplex from the second rope, but Daniels managed to reverse the move by shifting his weight in mid-air and came down on top of Kanyon. Sensing his oppourtunity, Daniels sprung up the turnbuckles and launched a picture perfect moonsault... which caught nothing but mat as Kanyon rolled out of the way at the last second. Kanyon signaled for the Flatliner but took too long showboating to the crowd allowing Daniels enough time to recover and when Kanyon grabbed him Daniels was able to catch the former Mortis off guard with a roll-up for the shocking 1...2...3. [I]Winner: Christopher Daniels via pinfall in 9:31 Grade: B-[/I] [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match Sugar Shane Helms (c) vs Chavo Guerrero Jr. Sugar Shane headed to the ring slowly clearly favoring his knee, showing signs of the earlier assault. Chavo wasted little time in going to back work on the knee, zeroing in on the injured body part with a chop block and vicious stomps. Helms was able to gain some respite by flipping out of a knee breaker attempt and leveling Guerrero with a lariat, but he wasn't able to sustain the advantage for long as a few swift kicks to the knee saw Chavo back in control. Shane continued to fight back valiantly throughout the match but was only able to mount a significant offensive flurry after he countered a Guerrero brainbuster into one of his own. Sugar Shane took advantage and followed up with a big swinging neckbreaker for a near fall. Chavo managed to re-assert his control though with a low blow and a dragon screw leg whip, he then proceeded to drag Shane over to the ropes and continued to work on the knee. Using the bottom rope as leverage, Chavo brought his whole weight crashing down on Sugar Shane's injured wheel not once but twice, on the third attempt though Shane was able to get his other foot up and as Guerrero came crashing down he connected with nothing but groin onto foot. Seizing his moment, Shane went for the Vertebreaker but his knee buckled causing him to abandon the move, Chavo quickly capitalised and applied the Gory Lock for the win via submission. [I]Winner and new WCW Cruiserweight Champion: Chavo Guerrero Jr. via submission in 12:14 Grade: B+ [/I][/COLOR][/CENTER] Flair, Steiner, Jarrett and Animal are backstage in their dressing room. Flair says that Animal is gonna make Goldberg pay for not siding with the with them against Booker. Steiner, in his inimitable way, tells Goldberg that he lined his chips up on the wrong side of the table but that the example Animal makes of him is going to be nothing compared to the beating he hands out to Booker T later on tonight. Jarrett says that he's going to take this opportunity to show that world that Dustin Rhodes is nothing but a fat slob, just like his daddy. Grade: A [CENTER][COLOR="blue"]World Tag Team Championship Match Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumo (c) w/ Stacy Keibler vs KroniK Adams and Clark were on the offensive for much of this tag team title match-up, throwing Palumbo and O'Haire around with ease. The former Natural Born Thrillers were able to gain some respite following a distraction at ringside from Stacy Keibler which allowed them to take advantage by doubling teaming Bryan Clark. Quick tags coupled with the employment of dubious tactics such as raking the big man's eye along the top rope behind the refs back allowed Palumbo and O'Haire to retain the advantage momentarily. Kronik took over again though following a miscommunication between Palumbo and O'Haire which saw Clark duck a Palumbo side kick which nailed O'Haire. Adams' and Clark's dominance continued as Adams utilised his full nelson slam and a military press gutbuster onto Clark's knee for near falls. Kronik signalled that it was over and went for their High Times double chokeslam, Adams covered Palumbo: ...1...2.. but O'Haire dove in at two and a half to break up the cover. Clark levelled O'Haire with a big shoulder tackle the two muscle men set him up for their Total Meltdown finisher (powerbomb/top-rope clothesline combo), as Clark set O'Haire up in powerbomb position Adams perched himself on the top rope ready dive off but Stacy interfered once again and shook the top rope unbalancing the big man and sending him crashing to the floor. As the ref admonished Stacy, Palumbo raced back into the ring with one of the Tag Titles in hand, he clocked Clark with the belt and then scurried out of the ring as O'Haire collapsed on top of Clark and the ref turned around in time to count the ...1...2...3 [I]Winners and still Tag Team Champions: Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire via pinfall in 9:40 Grade: B- [/I][/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Bunkhouse Brawl Dustin Rhodes w/Dusty vs Jeff Jarrett w/ Ric Flair A wild, weapon strewn brawl, Jarrett and Rhodes battered each other with all manner of objects around the ringside area. Dustin retrieved a trash can from under the ring and forced it onto Jarrett's head before belting it numerous times with a steel chair. Jarrett retaliated by relinquishing Dusty of his trademark bullrope and smashing Dustin with the metal cowbell. Flair and Dusty even had a bit of a tussle at ringside when Dusty attacked Flair for constantly sticking his nose in to help Jarrett. Jarrett's trademark guitar came into play at the end thanks to Flair, who tossed the weapon to Double J but Rhodes disarmed Jarrett with a shot to the gut and nailed Flair with the guitar. One bulldog onto the trashcan later and Dustin secured the 1...2...3 [I]Winner: Dustin Rhodes via pinfall in 14:48 Grade: A[/I] [/COLOR][/CENTER] Backstage DDP says that Nash has awoken a fire in him that he thought he'd lost and that tonight Nash is going to bear the brunt of Page's new found aggression. Grade: A* [CENTER] [COLOR="blue"]Goldberg vs Road Warrior Animal A strict power match here, with both contestants exchanging big moves. Animal rocked his opponent with a succession of shoulder blocks in the early going and as Goldberg was on his knees trying to shake the effects off Animal focused his assualt on Goldberg's lower back, hammering him with clubbing forearm blows. Animal continued to wear his opponent down with a backbreaker, sideslam and a big, punishing, overhead belly-to-belly suplex as the crowd appealled for Goldberg to make a comeback. Goldberg was able to rally as he powered out of an abdominal stretch and went on the offensive, bouncing Animal around with a a gorrila press into a powerslam and a single underhook suplex. Goldberg set up for the spear and as Animal turned around he was nailed with the move, before Goldberg could follow up though Ric Flair jumped up onto the apron and distracted the ref. Goldberg sent Flair crashing down to the floor with a vicious forearm but as he turned his attention back to Animal he was met with a low blow and hard boot to the face. Animal signaled for the Powerslam but Goldberg sat up and as Animal turned around he was levelled with a another spear, followed by the Jackhammer for the 1...2...3. [I]Winner: Goldberg via pinfall in 10:07 Grade: B[/I] [/COLOR][/CENTER] In the back Gene Okerlund is standing by with Booker T, Booker says he's still hurting from the beating he recieved on Wednesday at the hands of Steiner, Animal, Flair and Luger but that he's not trying to make excuses. He says tonight he's going to show the world why he is 'THE' WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Grade: A* [CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"]No Disqualification Match Diamond Dallas Page vs Kevin Nash These two wasted no time in starting things off at a furious pace with an intensity not seen from either man for a long time. Page knocked Nash over the top rope with a big clothesline and followed him out with a plancha over the top to the outside. There, Page whipped Nash into the steel guardrail and sent him head first into the ringpost before Nash blocked a second attempt with an elbow to the gut and then drove Page backfirst into the ringsteps. As Nash paraded around ringside taunting Page, DDP came flying at him and the two went tumbling over the guardrail into the crowd. Nash grabbed an old man's cane and smashed it over Page's back who retaliated by tossing a fan's drink into Nash's face and then cracking him with a steel chair. Back over the guardrail, Nash took control with with some vicious forearms to the face and planted Page facefirst on the ringsteps busting him open. With Page in a daze, Nash set him up against the ringpost and dislodged the ringsteps with a couple of strong boots. Nash then hoisted the steps up and prepared to drive them right into DDP's head, but Page countered, getting his feet up and sending the steps crashing into Nash's face. Page was quick to capitalise, climbing onto the announce table and, after posing for the fans, blood dripping down his face, he dove off and caught Nash with a diving elbow drop. In control, Page rolled Nash into the ring, grabbed a steel chair and sandwiched Nash's ankle in it before viciously belting it with a second chair. Page then ascended the turnbuckles and prepared to launch himself at Nash's ankle, but when he did so he was caught with a big boot to the face from the Nash's free foot. Back on the offensive, Nash exited the ring and set a table up next to the ring, as he rolled back inside the announcers speculated as to what he might have in mind. Nash positioned Page by the ropes and signaled for the Jacknife, Tony Schiavone enters hyperbole mode: "A Jacknife Powerbomb through a table to the outside?! That would kill him!" Nash hoisted Page up but DDP was able to slip out the back and went for the Diamond Cutter! Nash shrugged him off though and sent him into the ropes, DDP bounced back but was met with a stiff clothesline for a close two count. Back on their feet, both men started exchanging heavy rights and lefts; despite Nash's strength advantage Page gained the upperhand and had the big man reeling against the ropes. A big clothesline from Page sent both men over the top rope and crashing through the table at ringside! Neither man stirred and the referee started his ten count; at six there was some movement, by eight Nash was up to one knee and by nine both men were to their feet, though Page needed the assistance of the apron to reach his feet. A solid low blow from Nash knocked Page down again and Nash followed up with a pair of devasting snake eyes drops onto the guardrail. In a bad way, Page was dragged to his feet and rolled into the ring but still managed to kick out at two. Nash then hit the Jacknife, and when Page managed to get a shoulder up at two, almost punched the referee's lights out and told him to do his job and count faster. When a subsequent Jacknife only gained a two and a half count as well Nash decked referee Billy Silverman and threw him out of the ring. Furious, Nash ducked outside and grabbed a length of television cable surrounding the ring. Back in the ring Nash proceeded to choke DDP with the cable as substitute official Mickey Jay pleaded with him to stop. Eventually Nash conceded and relinquished the cable, he then covered the unconscious Page as Mickey Jay counted the 3. [I]Winner: Kevin Nash via pinfall in 13:47 Grade: A[/I] [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]World Heavyweight Championship Match Scott Steiner vs Booker T (c) Steiner came down to the ring to his wailing siren entrance music accompanied by Flair and Animal. Booker's music elicited a large cheer from the crowd and as he made his way into the ring and posed with his belt he suspiciously eyed Flair and Animal. The two went at it straight away, exchanging rights and lefts before Booker ducked a Steiner haymaker, bounched off the ropes and rocked the Genetic Freak with a shoulder block. As Booker bounced off the ropes again Steiner threw himself at Booker's feet hoping to trip him, Booker avoided the move but as he camee springing back off the ropes the next time Steiner caught him with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Big Poppa Pump then started a series of press ups in the middle of the ring as Flair choked Booker across the bottom rope. Flair backed off as the ref came over to warn him about interfering and the distraction allowed Animal to nail Booker with a big right hand. Steiner then went for an early cover but Booker kicked out. As the match continued Booker was constantly faced with intrusions from Steiner's seconds; a leg trip from Flair from the outside enabled Steiner to smash Booker with a vicious double underhook suplex for a near fall. Booker fired back with a Harlem Sidekick and a missle dropkick for near falls and then got the crowd involved with a big ten punch in the corner. He only got up seven however before Steiner hit back with a powerbomb whilst Booker was standing on the middle ropes. Steiner went for the pin but once again Booker kicked out, in anger he then threw Booker through the ropes to the outside. Flair and Animal set to Booker, putting the boots in while Steiner distracted the ref by attempting to remove the top turnbuckle pad. Back in the ring Booker hit Steiner with a flying forearm and went up top looking for another missle dropkick but Flair grabbed the top rope, crotching Booker on the top turnbuckle. Steiner ascended to the middle rope and brought Booker crashing back down to the mat with his top-tier samoan drop. After another Booker T kick out, Steiner continued his offence with an inverted atomic drop followed by a running Steinerline that almost knocked Booker out of his boots. Booker rolled to the outside looking for some respite but found only a clothesline from Animal. Steiner once again went back to the turnbuckle distracting the ref and, following instructions from Flair, Animal hoisted Booker up and dropped him with a devastating powerslam on the outside. Steiner let the ref turn round just in time to see Booker lying devastated on the mats outside the ring. The ref started his ten count to count Booker out as Steiner finished removing the turnbuckle pad, realising he couldn't win the title on a countout, Steiner grabbed the ref and intimidated him into stopping his count. Flair rolled Booker back in the ring for Steiner to cover him, but amazingly Booker managed to kick out at 2. An irate Steiner grabbed the ref and demanded that a faster count. As Booker struggled to his feet Steiner mocked him and slapped him about the head, he then tried to go in for a headlock but Booker cut him off with a pair of swift elbows to the gut. Bouncing off the ropes to get a head of steam, Booker ducked a Steiner clothesline and then nailed him with another flying forearm. With the crowd behind him, Booker drilled Steiner with a spinebuster and then signalled to the crowd that it was over. Booker positioned Steiner for the Book End but the Big Bad Booty Daddy escaped with aid of a series of elbows to the head. Booker was able to catch Steiner's boot as he was going for a kick though and spun him round, Steiner lunged in for a clothesline but Booker caught him and this time drilled him with the Book End. Booker went for the pin but Flair pulled the ref out of the ring before he could count the three and decked him with a right hand. With the ref down it was free game for Steiner's cronies to assualt Booker in the ring. With Flair directing traffic from the apron Animal dropped Booker with a big sledge to the back and then held him in place for Steiner to work him over with big rights and lefts. Animal then went for his patented powerslam but Booker managed to scoot out the back, he nailed Steiner with a jumping sidekick and then sent Animal crashing into Flair on the apron. As Steiner was getting to his feet Booker doubled him over with a kick the midsection and then drilled him with the Axe Kick, the groggy ref slowly regained his bearings and Booker went for the cover: ...1...2...3 [I]Winner and still WCW Champion: Booker T via pinfall in 18:57 Grade: A*[/I] [/COLOR][/CENTER] After the decision, Booker celebrates in the ring with the belt as Flair, Steiner and Animal furiously make their way back up the entrance way. Grade: B+ Overall Rating: A Attendance: 15,000 [sell out] Buy Rate: 6.59

Archived