GRRR (pinning)

Why is it that it takes more time to actually pin your opponent than it does to wear them down to danger? I know this is a simulation but there needs to be a balance between simulation and fun. Why are there moves like cradles or roll-ups in this game when they never work? Yeah you usually don't see people get pinned off a suplex or a bodyslam in real wrestling matches but come on, making it like that in the game just gives the player a headache. I hope a patch is released soon to make the matches actually fun to play.

ANDDD because of this, while you're trying trying to pin the guy, your opponent is blocking your finishing moves like crazy and this allows them to hit some holds on you and make your health go down and many times they will actually end up winning the match since you can' possibly block all the finishing moves they attempt, but they sure can!

I hate to seem like a huge whiner but I have one more problem with the game, it seems like there are only maybe 10 moves in my whole repetoire that I can ever use without them being blocked. For the most part I think this game is outstanding and is a lot of fun, I just wish the actual wrestling wasn't a chore to go through.

A few quick things. A. No WreSpi patches will be released. TEW2005 is near release, that will be followed by the usual 2 or 3 patches (TEW05 - not WreSpi), and then programming Wrespi2. B. Use the edit button instead of writing 3 posts in a row. C. My matches are always less than 30 minutes long, usually around 20 minutes. Also I win 70% of my matches, I don't use the mentor cheat, or any other kind of cheat. My attributes for power/speed/technical is never really above 30. However I do have 2 patented moves - both at high level - that I use to set up my patented finishing move. First, I ALWAYS bring them outside and bodyslam/DDT the heck out of them over the chair to wear them down to danger quickly. Then I roll them back in, I do an Apron-DDT (spectacular generic move) then my two patented moves followed by my patented finisher. Match rating is always between C and B+ with most matches being C+ or B-. Again, that only works 70% of the time. Oh, and I'm having fun.

The best thing about most of these complaints is that you can go into the editor and set it how you think it should. Mr. Ryland felt that small packages, backslides, and roll-ups were Low level 'role playing' moves; i.e., they couldn't pin people, but were used to set up the illusion that your guy (or the opponent) is trying. While I can see the logic in these moves being the technical wrestler's equivalent of an eye rake, I disagreed that they were, in essence, meaningless. What I did with the Death of the Territories scenario was to make 'Late Inning' variants on the moves - so that they could be used as finishers. Again, the editor was put there for a reason. :) And while you may be able to get a wrestler down to Danger fairly easily, you still have to contend with their general stamina. Having someone at Danger/Tiring, for example, is much different than if they were at Danger/Exhausted.

Archived