KAW: From the Ground Up

This is based off of an idea that me and a friend of mine had to start our own wrestling promotion. The idea never left the idea stage but I thought it would be fun to see maybe how things would go. The scenario starts at the beginning of August 2007 a couple days after opening and as we are getting ready for our first show. [U]Promotion Information[/U] KAW: Kansas Area Wrestling Founded: June, 25 2007 Base of Operations: Mid-West Popularity Level: Local (10% Mid West USA, 5% North West USA, 5% South West USA, 5% Great Lakes, and 5% Northern Mexico) [U]Roster[/U] Since these are all mainly my friends and you don't know what there style is like I put the wrestler I most think they are like, give or take, beside them. [I]* denotes someone who also wrestles but is in another catagory # denotes a ref occasional that is in another catagory ^ denotes an occasional manager that is in another catagory If going by fake name real name is in () [COLOR="Red"]Heel in red[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Face in blue[/COLOR][/I] [B]Main Event[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Ryan Adams - Kurt Angle[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Bax (Ryan Baxter) - Batista[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]R-Kelly (Ryan Kelly) - The Rock[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jim Landis - Triple H[/COLOR] [B]Upper Midcard[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Jeff Slayer - Sgt. Slaughter as a young ****y & cool military recruit and not as a stiff military man, then slim him down, make him about 50 odd years younger and thats about as close as I could get[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kevin Pinkley - Randy Orton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Charlie Landis - Shawn Michaels[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Brion Daggett - The Undertaker...sort of[/COLOR] [B]Mid Card[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]DJ Hays - A bigger and taller Chris Harris[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Chris Bailey - Alex Shelley except less talent more spot monkey[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Sean Tabor - Chris Benoit[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Chris Ortega - Matt Hardy[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]#Brandon Ditch - John Cena[/COLOR] [B]Lower Midcard[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Matt Martin - Mick Foley[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]#Michael Ottman - Gregory Helms[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Tanisha Williams - Jazz[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Andrew Russell - Kane...sort of[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]^Nicole Boucher - Trish Stratus[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Kyle Clark - CM Punk except bigger, taller, and less talent[/COLOR] [B]Managers[/B] [COLOR="Red"]*Michael Draffan - Jerry Lawler minus the Southern vibe and King gimmick[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]*Alayna Marr - Torrie Wilson[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]*Jackie Wolf - Mickie James [/COLOR] [B]Announcers[/B] Steve Bencey - Don West Tyler Prieb - Michael Cole *David Tindall Jr. - Joey Styles with in ring talent [B]Refs[/B] Aaron McNeive Michael Falkner ^Trey Miller - Kenny Dykstra *Mark Harper - The Coach-ish The diary is from Sean's POV the opening is the only thing in 3rd person.

[U][B]How it began - Mid July 2007[/B][/U] [I]Sean Tabor walks up to his long time friend's, Kevin Pinkley, house. He's unsure about how this is all going to unfold. After all being asked to start a whole new promotion from scratch is a going to be a harsh climb, just like any other small business trying to get a kick start. The chance for failure is high but it's that challenge of what is ahead that drives Sean to see what is going down. He rings the doorbell. And Kevin answers the door.[/I] Kevin - Come on in. [I]The two set down at the dinning room table to discuss what they are about to embark on. A few days ago Kevin approached him with part ownership but now it looks heavily split since more cash was needed to get the promotion started. Sean's cousin's Michael Ottman and Kyle Clark said they would help if they got a piece of the creative control pie, despite they know little about the business. One of Kevin's cousins, Jordan King, would help if he got to join the promotion and have some say in the promotion. Luckaly most of the aid came through Sean & Kevin or the entire would would be getting there slice if they wanted it.[/I] Sean - So all of the funds are together? Kevin - Yep there all here. Did you manage to get us some talent? Sean - A lot I'm even surprised how many even though I said to some that they would be just getting paid per show since were small we couldn't guarantee much. What about you? Kevin - Not many...but there are some spots that are willing to host our shows so we don't have to work out of our backyards. Sean - Thats good news. We have some basic equipment but it's a start. Ready to start this? Kevin - You bet. Sean - Here goes noting....

Archived