Any Idea for release date of BB?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching all the college games today -- I need my college football. Seriously - I pulled out my old computer and played some Haffner College Football and then got on my XP computer and played some TCY .... but this game sounds like a must have.

[QUOTE=ortonius]Figures. Guess who isn't a beta tester. :( This must be a small group of testers. Either that or it's all the usual suspects. Surprising with my experience.[/QUOTE] Don't feel bad. I must not qualify as a tester either. I test business applications for a living and have over 15 years of desktop and server support experience. I also have been playing sports sims games for longer than that.

September is last month of "Q3" ......... do we have an idea of release yet ?? What about a limited "demo" so we can beta test on a broad scope ? You want to find bugs ??? I know this is not practical -- just getting crazy about some College Football .... And don't tell me NCAA FB 2006 will help .... I am just sorry to hear that some of the AD / money aspects will not be included.

I have a feeling we will not see anything for at least a several days. The report on another board says that Arlie's wife Farrah is at the hospital having their baby. Somehow I think releasing the game right now would not be the best choice for Arlie.)

[QUOTE=GeoWar]AND ..... what are you saying ?[/QUOTE] I guess I never liked the idea of beta-testing a game I wanted to play. It's work. It's seeing bugs and problems and by the time you get to really sit back and enjoy the game it's not new and fresh anymore. You've seen it all already. The best part about buying a new game is exploring it for the first time. Just my opinion on why I would never volunteer to be a no pay beta tester.

I look at it as I get to help make a game better. The more time I can spend immersed in the game and catch bugs, the better the game will be. A lot of my jobs have involved troubleshooting and it is something that I enjoy. I was just questioning the number of people being used to test and how they qualified them. I know there are a few guys on here that have a lot of experience beta-testing, yet none of them were chosen. That tells me that the test group is very small and is probably limited to insiders. In my experience, that's not a good way to beta-test a product.

[QUOTE=ortonius]I look at it as I get to help make a game better. The more time I can spend immersed in the game and catch bugs, the better the game will be. A lot of my jobs have involved troubleshooting and it is something that I enjoy. I was just questioning the number of people being used to test and how they qualified them. I know there are a few guys on here that have a lot of experience beta-testing, yet none of them were chosen. That tells me that the test group is very small and is probably limited to insiders. In my experience, that's not a good way to beta-test a product.[/QUOTE] I agree completely. Have you ever tried to test your own application ? I haven't programmed since college but I had some huge final applications that I tested for days only to give the application to a friend and they find a bug within just a few minutes trying something that I never would have tried. Same thing with their applications, I would always find something they didn't think of. Of course, it has been my experience with all of the games like this that the first month or so the game is out is basically a beta test anyway. I never start a real career until after those first few patches have been released. TPF which was wrote by Arlie was far from bug free when it came out. There were lots of bugs but now at version 1.43 I think it is a fairly solid game for a first generation game. That is one reason I am really excited about this game. I fully expect the early days of this game to have some bugs but in the end it should be a solid game. I don't expect it will be as buggy as TPF was at the start because of the experience gained with TPF. It should be almost like a Generation 2 game even with the new engine.

Archived