Any Idea for release date of BB?

as a courtesy, not that one is owed, I will say that it is very unlikely I will purchase Bowl Bound or any other Grey Dog game due to the following reasons: 1. First, I can say I more than got my money out of TPF and it was and is worth the 35 bucks. BUT, customers are deserving of subsequent editions to improve the game or it becomes lameduck and any multiplayer leagues fade away. 2. I asked for a "General" release date and instead of a "I dont know" or some approximate date, I got a baloney ambivalent answer that only confused me and everyone else. NO attempts were made to clarify and that is absolutely discourteous to your customers. This alone accounts for 90% of why I will not buy your game. Be fair, provide regular information - even if it is approximate or conservative. Dont blow off customers with ambivalent nonsense answers. Good luck grey dog, you are going to need it as much as .400 does because your fate will soon be the same.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=New Orleans Thunder]thank you for your response. hmm, let me see, Jan, Feb, Mar = Quarter # 1; Apr, May, June = Quarter #2,, and Quarter # 3 = July, Aug, Sept,, oh wow, if my calculations are correct (and i dont see i aint, i used all my toes and most of my fingers to count),,, then, if I am correct, soon, baby, soon. take your time fellas, i am patient, i can wait weeks, months if i have to. thanks again[/QUOTE] So seeing your latest post, I'm guessing your patience wore out, eh? :) Too bad for you, all indications are this will be a great game. But only you can make the choice of whether it cuts it for you or not. By the way, the developer did provide an update today in [URL=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=49537#post49537]this thread[/URL]. No date yet, but certainly nice to see progress being made.

[QUOTE=New Orleans Thunder]as a courtesy, not that one is owed, I will say that it is very unlikely I will purchase Bowl Bound or any other Grey Dog game due to the following reasons: 1. First, I can say I more than got my money out of TPF and it was and is worth the 35 bucks. BUT, customers are deserving of subsequent editions to improve the game or it becomes lameduck and any multiplayer leagues fade away. 2. I asked for a "General" release date and instead of a "I dont know" or some approximate date, I got a baloney ambivalent answer that only confused me and everyone else. NO attempts were made to clarify and that is absolutely discourteous to your customers. This alone accounts for 90% of why I will not buy your game. Be fair, provide regular information - even if it is approximate or conservative. Dont blow off customers with ambivalent nonsense answers. Good luck grey dog, you are going to need it as much as .400 does because your fate will soon be the same.[/QUOTE] Well I'm sorry to hear that you will likely not purchase this or any other GDS product - you're going to miss out on some fantastic games. You may have asked for a general release date but it is our company policy not to provide general or estimated release dates. When the game is ready to be released a release date will be provided. As a courtesy to our customers we try to offer a targeted quarter but we believe it is much more important to release a game that is complete and working correctly as opposed to releasing a game simply because we told people that is when it would be released. By not giving a date we don't have to worry about getting it out the door by date X whether its ready or not. You might not like that policy and it may even cost us a few sales but we provide alot more information before the release of a game than many others in this genre and we feel customers would rather have a finished product when they hand over $35 even if it means they don't know exactly when it will be out. There's already two very long threads dedicated to people speculating when it will be out - Arlie has said its in beta so it's going to be sometime in the near future but Arlie, Adam and myself want to provide our customers with an amazing game for your hard earned money - not just one good enough to be released. All I can ask is that you be patient and your patience will be rewarded with two more great games in the near future.

[QUOTE=New Orleans Thunder] 1. First, I can say I more than got my money out of TPF and it was and is worth the 35 bucks. BUT, customers are deserving of subsequent editions to improve the game or it becomes lameduck and any multiplayer leagues fade away. [/quote] I don't believe consumers are deserving of subsequent versions. I don't buy any game expecting a new version. However, my biggest gripe with TPF is that [b]it has never been completed![/b] It has never been bug free and it has features that were never fully implemented. [QUOTE=New Orleans Thunder] 2. I asked for a "General" release date and instead of a "I dont know" or some approximate date, I got a baloney ambivalent answer that only confused me and everyone else. NO attempts were made to clarify and that is absolutely discourteous to your customers. This alone accounts for 90% of why I will not buy your game. [/QUOTE] I'm always of the opinion that a game will come out when it comes out. Asking for release dates doesn't matter. Developers are damned if they do or damned if they don't by mentioning or not mentioning release dates. In the end all the consumer should want is a working product. I'm not sure how having to wait longer than expected makes any difference. If a person's budget really is that tight they should re-consider playing games IMHO.

[QUOTE=Gary Gorski] You may have asked for a general release date [B]but it is our company policy not to provide general or estimated release dates[/B]. When the game is ready to be released a release date will be provided. As a courtesy to our customers we try to offer a targeted quarter but we believe it is much more important to release a game that is complete and working correctly as opposed to releasing a game simply because we told people that is when it would be released. By not giving a date we don't have to worry about getting it out the door by date X whether its ready or not. [/QUOTE] Thank you, at last an answer. That is all I asked for. If you would have said that initially instead of the ambivalent runaround, I would have more respect for your company and how they regard their customers and potential customers.

[QUOTE=New Orleans Thunder]Thank you, at last an answer. That is all I asked for. If you would have said that initially instead of the ambivalent runaround, I would have more respect for your company and how they regard their customers and potential customers.[/QUOTE]They've been saying that since day one, iirc. brad

How specific is a quarter release date? [QUOTE=sportsfanmas]Yeah, if people actually read the posts, they would have seen that Arlie reported a long time ago that they never set specific release dates for their games, just general quarter release dates. Geez people, how hard is it to READ posts before you make one of your own?[/QUOTE] So what if they had said the game will be out by the 30th of September? Would that be specific? I think so. So how is that any different than a 3rd quarter release? So your argument that it is just a "place holder" lacks substance, IMO. Ok, I am past the lateness part of this game. I have accepted that it will be out when they are ready to release it, hopefully by Thanksgiving or Christmas. I will probably purchase this game ( as I have TDCB, TPF and TPB) when it comes out. My only concerns are that the game be relatively bug free (ie. playable) and that the interface is less difficult than TDCB and TPF. Though they are pretty to look at they are not very user friendly, as TPB and OOTP are. Oh and one last comment, could you tell me when the game will be released? :eek: ;)

[QUOTE=New Orleans Thunder]Thank you, at last an answer. That is all I asked for. If you would have said that initially instead of the ambivalent runaround, I would have more respect for your company and how they regard their customers and potential customers.[/QUOTE] I didn't think this was a big mystery. Comments I've made on this forum in just the last month or so: [quote=10/10]We're still in BETA testing. Once we get everything worked out there will be a demo released. At that time, we will be close to a release date. But, until all the testing is complete, I don't want to speculate on when the game will be released.[/quote] [quote=9/20]As Smartman said, I don't want to set an arbitrary date until I am 110% sure the game will be ready at that time. I certainly get this process can be frustrating, but my number one goal is making sure the game is ready. If that means that we go a couple weeks (or more) past the initial time window, then that's what has to be done. As we get closer to the demo, I will try and get your guys more info (and screens). All I can ask from you guys is that you try and be patient. The Beta team is doing a phenominal job of finding issues and we are working to correct them ASAP.[/quote] [quote=9/19] I think it's fair to say that there will be no demo this friday. Again, a quarter announcement is meant for a ballpark. Once we have a specific date, we will announce it with enough notice for people to prepare. But, there's no sense in making a set date until we are sure we can meet it. [/quote] [quote=9/19]Guys, I certainly understand that it gets a little anxious when we are approaching the game's release and no official date has been announced. But, I have said before that I will not announce a release date until I know the game is ready and will meet that. And, as of now, we are still in the Beta process testing different aspects of the game. Once that is complete, we will make an announcment. I will state that the game will follow the normal GreyDog release procedure with a fully playable 1-season demo coming out a few days before the final version. However, I do not want to be in a situation where I promise a date, find a bug with the Beta team, then feel compelled to release the game before I would like to because of the prior announcement. So, we will try and get some additional screens out here shortly, as well as continue to answer questions on the game (the dev chats are also great resources). But, I am not going to commit to a fixed date until I feel that game is ready and we will meet that deadline. I hope everyone understands my motivation here - and it's not to frustrate fans and community members.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Celts-Sonics Fan]So what if they had said the game will be out by the 30th of September? Would that be specific? I think so. So how is that any different than a 3rd quarter release? So your argument that it is just a "place holder" lacks substance, IMO.[/quote] I think this is legit criticism. We we started development, we targeted late in the third quarter as a release date. In the development and beta process, we have had issues and changes in direction (many directly related to great ideas in the forums) that have caused this date to slip. It is unfortunate and I wish it would not have happened, but we have decided to miss our quarter release date than rush out what we had at that point. [quote]Ok, I am past the lateness part of this game. I have accepted that it will be out when they are ready to release it, hopefully by Thanksgiving or Christmas. I will probably purchase this game ( as I have TDCB, TPF and TPB) when it comes out. My only concerns are that the game be relatively bug free (ie. playable) and that the interface is less difficult than TDCB and TPF. Though they are pretty to look at they are not very user friendly, as TPB and OOTP are.[/quote] These are the goals we are also striding for in the beta. [quote]Oh and one last comment, could you tell me when the game will be released? :eek: ;)[/QUOTE] When it is completed ;)

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]I think this is legit criticism. We we started development, we targeted late in the third quarter as a release date. In the development and beta process, we have had issues and changes in direction (many directly related to great ideas in the forums) that have caused this date to slip. It is unfortunate and I wish it would not have happened, but we have decided to miss our quarter release date than rush out what we had at that point. These are the goals we are also striding for in the beta. When it is completed ;)[/QUOTE] Thanks Arlie! :D

Archived