Brand New

I just started playing Wrestling Spirit today 7/27/05 and was wondering why the demo has full comentary but not the full game or is there something wrong with my game? The only phrase I hear is "there is the DDT" and thats all, please help me. Anyone?

I would have hoped someone 'in the know' would have had the answer for you by now, but this may have fallen through the cracks. *Have you updated WreSpi to the 1.6 patch? I'm not sure that would have anything to do with it - but it's worth a shot. *When you look in the /Program Files/GDS/Wrestling Spirit/Data/Default/Sound directory, are the required wave files there? *Have you tried opening up the editor and seeing if sounds are assigned to moves? (Database Manager --> Edit Database --> Edit Moves) I know that sounds lame, but perhaps when switching to retail it somehow corrupted the assignments. Other than that, I have no idea what could be the problem. Good luck!

Well the good news is that you can at least hear one, so there's no problem with the sound output. Most likely you've either inadvertantly moved \ deleted the sound files out of the correct folder, unless you're playing using some else's scenario and have left the CornellVerse sound files in place - in that case DDT may be the only one playing because it happens to have the same file name as the one used by whoever made the update you are using.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]I would have hoped someone 'in the know' would have had the answer for you by now, but this may have fallen through the cracks. *Have you updated WreSpi to the 1.6 patch? I'm not sure that would have anything to do with it - but it's worth a shot. *When you look in the /Program Files/GDS/Wrestling Spirit/Data/Default/Sound directory, are the required wave files there? *Have you tried opening up the editor and seeing if sounds are assigned to moves? (Database Manager --> Edit Database --> Edit Moves) I know that sounds lame, but perhaps when switching to retail it somehow corrupted the assignments. Other than that, I have no idea what could be the problem. Good luck![/QUOTE] ok i just downloaded all of the .wav files and put them into the correct folder yet still nothing.

Just to make sure nothing really silly is going on........ but you haven't turned off the all the sound options in the game, have you? I can't remember where to find them at the moment, but they might be on your assistant's screen. I play with all the sounds off cos I like to listen to my own music while I play, especially the alternate version of Tattoo, that song rules!. I always check the simplest things first, cos thats usually whats wrong :) Derek B

Guest Ransik
Ok... I have the theme music playing but no commentary. Any idea on what I should do? I also have the little clicks and beeps going as well, but I didn't even know there was audio commentary until the other day.

The "clicks and beeps" use the exact same code as the commentary, so it isn't an issue with your sound output if you can hear one but not the other. 1 - Check that you have play-by-play turned on, via the music icon in the taskbar 2 - Check that you have the appropriate wav files in the correct folder - that is [U]not[/U] "Wrestling Spirit\Sound", it is "Wrestling Spirit\Data\Default\Sound", where Default is the name of the database 3 - Make sure you're running the correct database. i.e. there's no point having the sounds in the Default database in the correct place if you're running a DOTT scenario 4 - Check that you are using the latest patch

Guest Ransik
Well, I've just figured out the problem, which I'm betting is most people's problem. The sounds are not included in the initial download of the game, I was unaware of this. Go to [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse[/url] and place them in the appropriate folder. There we go. :)

Archived