Grey Dog?

Here is what Arlie posted over at FOFC "or those of you wondering about the name, my wife and I have rescued greyhounds for a few years now (currently have two) and it is something we both care about. So, I figured it would be a great name for the new company as it has meaning to me."

[QUOTE=thebigdawg][FONT=Arial]I agree with everyone. This looks to be a great company, and I too wish you guys the best of luck.[/FONT][/QUOTE] Hey we all know who the real BigDawg is :) Yes good luck but you realy need to get moving on a football game...college or pro ... Basketball and Wrestling.... um NO Thanks Craig

I think there may be some kind of legal reason as to why an American football game cannot be made at the moment. As Arlie actually worked for the company and resigned, I believe there is a no compete clause meaning he cannot make or have anything to do with another American football game for 1 year - meaning next August. Don't quote me on that though. :p

no new game for 2 years? So if Arlie cannot work on a new game until August of 2005, it is likely the release of any new game wont occur until late spring 2006 at the very earliest. Wow, long time to mess around with TPF. But lots of time for the game makers to think, rethink and rethink ideas. And I do think you are correct with the non-compete agreement but I am not certain he cannot work on a game until August 2005; however, it seems logical no new release can occur before August 2005.

A reply from Farrah at the 400ss forums. [quote="Farrah"]If Arlie wants to release a professional football game in August of 2005, he must create it from scratch. As he said, he is walking away empty handed. As far as compatibility, the code owned by .400 was created by Arlie, so I am assuming if he wants to make his future products compatible with a .400 game, he will. He wrote the code, he knows how it works. I don't know what his plans are, so you may get a better answer if you send him an email. [/quote] Arlie can work on a new game. He just can't release it until next August due to a no compete clause.

Archived