Universal Wrestling Alliance - the brainchild of Curt Hennig

ooc: ok, so i just spent quite a while looking for some rules on here for whether you can post dynasty's from EWR or not and couldn't find any. I know this is meant to be for TEW but I'm essentially doing the same thing, so hope that it's not a problem with anyone, or any of the rules, that I'm gonna post this here. If it is, I apologise but I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't really do any harm and it's ok. [center][b][u]The UWA - Filling a hole that doesn't exist yet[/b][/u] As the year 2000 rolled around only one wrestling promotion in America of any note was actually making money. ECW had never made money in its history, something WCW had managed to do but a $15m loss through 1999 had put them firmly back in the hole. Vince McMahon's WWF however was doing big business and already it seemed inevitable that within the next year, two at most, both ECW and WCW would be gone. Something else happened as 2000 rolled around, an underused worker walked out on WCW as Vince Russo was removed and Kevin Sullivan was put back in charge. Hardly the most shocking turn of events, WCW's misuse and underuse of workers was a well known flaw, and while a handful walked and went to the WWF at that time, one walked away with little fanfare and no intention of going to the other side. That man was Curt Hennig. Hennig was far from done with the wrestling business however, feeling he had something to offer both in front of, and behind, the curtain. Hennig went to work putting plans into action and acquiring the right financial backing to push his new venture, the UWA was born. Hennig drew on old friendships and new contacts within the business to assemble the talent to tape a Pay Per View as April ran around. That very show will air in just over a week as the UWA strives to survive, searching for a tv deal, hopeful of sliding into the space left by the inevitable demise of ECW and WCW. Wednesday April 5th, 2000, UWA Inception airs on Pay Per View, the importance of this one show in determining the future of the United Wrestling Alliance is ultimate. There are plans for further weekly Pay Per Views if this debut show is a success. The card is as yet unannouned but there are a number of stars already confirmed... April Hunter, Barry Darsow, the Honky Tonk Man, Marty Jannetty, Curt Hennig and the WARRIOR! [b][u]UWA Roster[/b][/u] Steven Regal Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart & Joey "Kaos" Hart - The Hart Foundation Marty Jannetty Super Scorpio Tom "Patriot" Brandi Curt Hennig "Dr Death" Steve Williams Chris "Thunder" Harris James "Lightning" Storm Sonny Siaki, Trent Acid, Chris Sabin & Trinity - The New School Invasion Barry "Darsow" Dundee, Jamie Dundee, Jamie "Noble" Dundee, Rhonda "Singh" Dundee - The Dundee's "The Beast" Bob Sapp Jayson "Hot Stuff" Broyles Kaos & Rage - High Voltage Doug "Cold Violence" Williams Jim Steele April Hunter Honky Tonk Man Mr Lanny Poffo The Warrior [u]Jobbers[/u] Bryan Danielson Jay Briscoe Mark Briscoe Chris Hero CM Punk Colt Cabana Homicide[/center]

[b][color=blue]April 6th, 2000 UWA on PPV #1 – Inception[/b][/color] [b]Channel: PPV $1.99 special debut offer Attendance: 1786 Announcers: Scotty “the Body” Savol & Ted Dibiase[/b] [color=green]The debut show for the[b] Universal Wrestling Alliance[/b]. Make or break time, rumour has it that a strong showing here and a decent buy rate could prompt Hennig and the UWA board of shareholders to put out further shows as regularly as each week. With WCW and ECW’s demise both seemingly right around the corner though you can’t fault Hennig for wanting to go after those spots, even if technically they don’t exist yet. Unknown play by play guy[b] Scotty “the Body” Savol and Ted Dibiase [/b]opened up the show and let us know that tonight would see not only the first ever UWA Global Tag Team Champions crowned in an invitational tag team battle royal, [b]but that we’d also see the “Race for Global Domination” begin with five men, Curt Hennig, the Patriot, Steve Regal, Marty Jannetty and Steve Williams facing off in a round robin to determine the first ever UWA Global Heavyweight Champion. [/b]Tonight it was Hennig Vs Regal, and Jannetty Vs Williams. But first this...[/color] [b][color=red]-The Global Tag Champions are crowned-[/b][/color] [u]Steele & Scorpio (Jim Steele & 2 Cold Scorpio) d. High Voltage (Rage & Kaos), The Dundee Cousins (Jamie & Jamie Jr.), Punk & Hero (CM Punk & Chris Hero), The New Breed (Harris & Storm), the Briscoes (Jay & Mark) and the Hart Foundation (Joey “Kaos” Hart & Jim “the Anvil” Neidhart”)[/u] The show opened up with a gauntlet type deal for a number of teams. Nobody was announced before the match began, as the first two teams in were High Voltage who many will remember from WCW, and the Dundee Cousins, Jamie Dundee from PG-13 and a newcomer, Jamie Dundee Jr. The rules of the match hurt it somewhat with teams forced to leave if just one of their members was eliminated, meaning the ring barely filled up as is expected in a battle royal type match. Punk & Hero were first to go, with no gimmick, and seemingly served up as jobber fodder to make up the numbers. The Briscoes weren’t far behind in similar fashion. [b]The entrance of the New Breed was worth noting though, both wearing shades and long trenchcoats with flashing pyro and lasers[/b], looked like they’re going to be getting a push. At least it did until the newest member of the Hart Family, and by that I mean he’s not even related to them, Joey Hart who wrestled as Kid Kaos elsewhere, eliminated the New Breed’s Harris. In the end two teams remained, the Hart Foundation and Steele and Scorpio. [b]Seemingly against the veteran Neidhart’s wishes Joey decided to go up to the top turnbuckle with Jim Steele down but in doing so he was dumped out over the top by Scorpio seeing Steele & Scorpio crowned as the first ever UWA Global Tag Team Champions.[/b] Overall: 52 Crowd: 45 Match: 59 [b][color=red]-Regal wants to rule the World-[/b][/color] Former WCW Television Champion [b]Steve Regal[/b] is bought out to the ring by Scotty Savol who’s up there ready to conduct an interview. Savol asks Regal about accomplishments in his career while the obnoxious Regal barely seems bothered about answering him, that is until he asks this question. [b][color=red]Savol: [/b][/color][i]Mr Regal, what ya say to tha claims that you aint got it no more boy, I was readin’ an interview wit Curt Hennig jus’ a couple a days ago sayin’ he don’t fear no-one in this tournament, least of all you! Ya really think ya can win this one man?[/i] [b][color=red]Regal: [/b][/color][i]He said what? Bloody pillock, and you’re just as bad. Bloody Americans. Well I’ll tell you one thing Sir, when Curt Hennig’s been stretched out and beaten up by me I might just start paying attention to what the man has to say. I’ve been wrestling grown men since I was fourteen don’t you know, I’ll teach that bloody imbecile a lesson he won’t forget, you mark my words Scotty Savol! That Global Heavyweight Title will be added to the long list of titles I’ve won all around the world and I’ll teach that snotty little urchin Curt Hennig a lesson in the process![/i] And with that Regal stormed out of the ring, holding his head high and turning his nose up at the stinking American fans in attendance 76 [b][color=red]-Shake, Rattle and Roll Baby-[/b][/color] [u]Jayson Broyles d. Homicide[/u] This match seemed designed to do two things. Make Jayson Broyles look great on his debut, and introduce the Honky Tonk Man to the UWA. Broyles, who came out wearing a long fur coat as papparazi photographers clamoured for shots of him during his entrance, dominated this for the whole two minutes that it lasted. [b]Homicide’s a pretty useless indie worker for those who haven’t seen him before[/b], he was just fodder in this one. Broyles had some hot offence, finishing it with the Money Shot (top rope powerbomb) as the accompanying photographers flashed their cameras like mad. More important than all that though was[b] the presence of the Honky Tonk Man in the aisle who came out to watch the match.[/b] I’m guessing Honky’s going to end up managing this guy at some point then? Overall: 47 Crowd: 22 Match: 72 [b][color=red]-And so the race for Global domination begins-[/b][/color] [u]“Dr Death” Steve Williams d. Marty Jannetty[/u] Scotty Savol explained the rules of the competition as the match began, with [b]winning wrestlers gaining 15 points, and 5 given to both wrestlers in the case of a draw.[/b] Jannetty looked in decent shape trying to take the larger Williams off his feet and use his speed to stay away from some of Dr Death’s more hard hitting offence. It was to no avail though as Williams caught Jannetty going for a cross body and turned it into an [b]Oklahoma Slam before locking on an ankle lock submission that had the former Rocker scrambling for the ropes[/b]. Williams pulled him back into the centre of the ring and Jannetty was forced to tap out. Williams moved to the top of the leaderboard with a 15 point lead on everybody else Overall: 69 Crowd: 62 Match: 77 [b][color=red]-Mark out little Warriors!-[/b][/color] [b]Lanny Poffo (formerly the Genius in the WWF)[/b] interrupted the show after the match, hitting the ring in a grey suit and telling the fans he was “executive” Lanny Poffo, a man who tried to buy his way onto the UWA championship committee. His attempts had been denied but he was giving the UWA one last chance to answer, insisting he wanted a place on the championship committee, and a spot to be opened up for his “Hell Beast” in the Race for Global Domination. [b][color=red]Poffo: [/b][/color][i]My intellectual tongue may confuse you, with my dialectal Genius ways, so now’s the time to give me what I want, or with destruction you shall pay![/i] Poffo could go no further when some thumping fast paced rock music began to blast out through the arena and the fans got up out of their seats. [b]The WARRIOR! Came charging out from the back and slid into the ring under the bottom rope[/b], grabbing the top ropes and shaking it like crazy while Poffo cowered away on the other side of the ring. The Warrior turned and started the terrified Poffo down, pointing straight at him. The Warrior charged and Poffo leapt out through the ropes, screaming into a camera as he made his way backstage that the Warrior just signed the UWA’s death warrant. 64 [b][color=red]-Honka Honka Burnin’ British love-[/b][/color] [u]“British Violence” Doug Williams d. Colt Cabana[/u] This one never seemed like it was going to last long either. Cabana, much like Homicide earlier, just looked like a green independent worker with little potential. [b]Williams destroyed him in quick time here hitting an awesome looking spinning DDT which Scotty Savol called “ColdViolence”[/b]. Williams got Cabana up after the match and battered him out through the ropes before staring back down the aisle at, yes, you guessed it, [b]the Honky Tonk Man who once again had been out to watch the match[/b]. Broyles? Williams? What is little Honky up to? Overall: 49 Crowd: 20 Match: 78 [b][color=red]-Now that’s absolutely P......-[/b][/color] Scotty Savol got up in the ring for another interview, this time bringing out the man they used to call Perfect, [b]Curt Hennig[/b], complete with towel over his shoulders and chewing his customary gum. Savol talked about Hennig’s career, high points, and low points (of which there apparently weren’t any) and went on to ask about the comments made by Steve Regal earlier tonight [b][color=red]Hennig:[/b][/color][i] Steve Regal you’re gonna find out just like every other guy that Curt Hennig’s faced in the ring why they call me, well you know what they call me Scotty Savol! Patriot, tonight you’re gonna learn how to wrestle from the best, and Regal, you may have been fighting since you were 14 but Curt Hennig’s been wrestling his whole life. You’re fighting for second place Regal! Now get outta my way Scotty[/i] Hennig spat his gum and swatted it away before leaving Savol alone in the ring. 79 [b][color=red]-Honky Tonk wants a new star-[/b][/color] Backstage Gary Michael Cappetta managed to catch up with[b] the Honky Tonk Man [/b]before he could leave the arena. Cappetta asked Honky what was going on tonight and why he was here. [b][color=red]Honky Tonk:[/b][/color][i] Gary Michael baby, it aint about me tonight know what I’m sayin’? I saw somethin’ in a couple a guys tonight that can go right to Graceland baby, I’m talkin’ Honky Honky Honky love.[/i] [b][color=red]Cappetta:[/b][/color][i] But Honky, wait, the world wants to know what you’re talkin’ about?[/i] [b][color=red]Honky Tonk:[/b][/color][i] Man, are you an idiot? I’m talkin’ about the greatest singer and performer in the world, the Honky Tonk Man, takin’ some rookie under his wing and takin’ them to the top, rock n roll baby, come on man.[/i] Honky Tonk left Cappetta and made his way out of the building as the night’s main event approached. 77 [b][color=red]-Global Domination can be a three way mess-[/b][/color] [u]The Patriot d. Curt Hennig[/u] Who’d a thunk it, the Patriot actually pulled out the win in the night’s main action. [b]The Patriot, complete with American flag and stars and stripes mask[/b], opened up like a house of fire until Hennig’s ring savvy put him back in control, slowing the explosive performer down and starting to grind out a win, taking control and schooling the Patriot move for move. There were flurries of offence but Hennig always had the brain to turn any situation to his advantage. [b]That was until Steve Regal came out from the back and got up onto the apron shouting at the referee[/b]. Hennig went after him but it allowed the Patriot to roll him up back into the centre of the ring and pick up a win that left the Patriot waving the American Flag, Hennig embarrassed and staring down Regal, and Britain’s finest with a smug grin on his face as the show went off the air. Overall: 70 Crowd: 72 Match: 67 [b]Show Quality: 67% PPV Buyrate: 0.10[/b]

Archived