Swing low...

Nevermore

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home I looked over Jordan and what did I see Coming for to carry me home? A band of angels coming after me Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Great result. Almost as good was France doing over New Zealand, cos I don't think we can beat NZ but France are totally beatable, in my opinion. A win and a final in two World Cup's would be a hooge accomplishment. PS I seem to remember several months back I predicted New Zealand wouldn't win this World Cup?

[QUOTE=panix04;298415]New Zealand are famous for world cup failiures![/QUOTE] Absolutley. If you've played the game, you may know the phrase "choke like a Maori". However, there's just one problem. This time, they didn't fail! The pass from Traille to Michalak that led to France's winning try was horifically forward. That score should never have counted. Now, I'm no All Black fan but a team that is almost undeniably the best in the world, a team that has some of the most inspiring figures that the game has ever seen has been denied a World Cup that some may argue was rightfully theirs. Twenty years was a ridiculously long time for them to wait for a second title. Twenty four just seems completely unfair. I'm not sure if I've ever felt as bad for anyone as I do for Richie McCaw right now. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]If you get there before I do Coming for to carry me home Tell all my friends I'm coming too Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home If I get there before you do Coming for to carry me home I'll cut a hole and pull you through Coming for to carry me home[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=adamrobertk;300071]Lets hope we get a double win next week, Hamilton and Englands rugby...[/QUOTE] I know nothing about motor racing but SURELY, whatever Himlton's position, it pales in comparison to that of England's in their bid to become the first team to win back-to-back Web Ellis trophies. Quote The Raven Nevermore

No way, Rookie doing what he's done, considering who and what he's been up against, Hamilton's achievment is way beyond the rugby. Imagine an england team made up of players who'd never played international rugby winning the world cup, thats what hamilton has done. He's been incredible.

Maybe, but he hasn't just equaled an international record with the possibility of setting another. Plus, an awful lot of the players you mentioned haven't played in a World Cup before. ...and as far as "what he's been up against", we had a hellish group and have been in the worst form in our nation's history for the past three years. As good as what Hamilton has done may be, I don't think it can compare in all honesty. Quote The Raven Nevermore

I think it all largely depends on what sport you are in to doesn't it? For example I couldn't really care less how we do in the athletics, but England beating Australia in the ashes in 03 was amazing for me! Although, i love my rugby and i'm elated we made the final. For those who watched it, did anyone find Josh Lucys little tap on the head of the guy who tried tackling him after his try really funny? All-in-all a great weekend for English sport, i'm hoping for a England V Argentina final! Either way lets hope the boys can do it! Come on England!

[QUOTE=panix04;300252]For those who watched it, did anyone find Josh Lucys little tap on the head of the guy who tried tackling him after his try really funny?[/QUOTE] Josh Lewsey and Damien Traille respectively. But yes: hysterical. That's what I love about rugby. You can be a right nasty bastard on the field but, as soon as the final whistle goes, there is nothing but respect for all those involved. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=Nevermore;300341]Josh Lewsey and Damien Traille respectively. But yes: hysterical. That's what I love about rugby. You can be a right nasty bastard on the field but, as soon as the final whistle goes, there is nothing but respect for all those involved. Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] I actually used to find that about playing footie in the local leagues. The amount of times fights broke out were numerous, but after the game everyone would make there way back to the pub and have a laugh and a joke about it. It was all left on the pitch. Occasionally you would get somone who still seemed like a tosser afterwards but almost without fail it would be the younger lads. To be honest though, Rugby is a far "nicer" sport than football. Just the respect between opposing supporters is such a testemant to the sport. Although i have to admit having been to a few rugby games and been to about 100 Torquay United games i think the atmosphere is better at footie games, perhaps thats because the fans are more violent? :) i'm not really sure what it is!

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]Sometimes I'm up and sometimes I'm down Coming for to carry me home But still my soul feels heavenly bound Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home The brightest day that I can say, Coming for to carry me home, When Jesus washed my sins away, Coming for to carry me home. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived