ROH:1 Year On

It's been nearly 12 months since i took over the helms of ROH,when Cary Silkin decided to retire i used my funds to buy out ROH,i also became head booker,the last 12 months have been a rollercoaster and now we are on the verge of going National. A Quick Recap Of The Last 12 Months Ring Of Honor World Heavyweight Title Takeshi Morishima put in several stellar title defences but eventually he was defeated for his title by Nigel McGuiness at Chi-Town Struggle.Nigel McGuiness' reign has boosted the popularity of ROH by a huge amount,he dominated the federation,beating the best that ROH had to offer in his near seven month reign,defending his title 29 times,before finally being beaten by his longtime rival and first ever 2 time ROH Champion,Bryan Danielson at Final Battle,the event Danielson had lost his title a year previous,Danielson has managed to keep hold of the title thus far this year. Ring Of Honour Tag Titles The Briscoes Brothers were for over six months the team to beat in ROH,they beat every tag team in ROH most of them twice and it seemed like no one could beat them,however they came up against opponents no one would have ever believed would capture the tag titles again,Austin Aries and Roderick Strong (More on How these two came to team again later).In their long reign the Briscoes defended their titles over 20 times,but since winning them in October Aries and Strong have also dominated the tag division,beating off all opposition so far. There was not much happening in the early months of ROH after i took it over,it was a transitional period,me taking the reigns and changing the promotion to my liking,however as of late there have been some very intresting storylines emerging. Stable Wars-ROH has seen the emergence of multiple stables-The Age Of The Fall,Revolution,New Generation,The Hangmen,Vulture Squad and Sweet and Sour Inc.With all these stables it was natural that there would be competition to determine exactly who the greatest stable in ROH were.There were many bloody battles,originally between No Remorse Corps and The Resillence,before in a move no one saw coming during a tag team match up Aries/Cross Vs Richards/Strong,Aries and Strong attacked their own tag partners leaving them bloody and beaten and re-uniting.From here on in Revolution (Cross,Richards,Erick Stevens and Pelle Primeau) took on the New Generation (Aries,Strong,Josh Abercrombie and Jimmy Rave),this resulted in some great stable action before a loser's stable disbands 4 on 4 elimination bout which saw Strong and Aries outlast everyone else to disband Revolution. There was also a fanastic rivalry between Jack Evans and his Vulture Squad (Ruckus,Sabian and Julius Smokes) against Sweet and Sour Inc.(Matt Sydal,Larry Sweeney,Rocky Romero and Tank Toland) which has recently ended in a brutal bout at ROH Festival:Finale.There was also a competition held in January to determine the truly dominant stable and after a night of tag competition.Aries and Strong won the coveted title. There have also been several great fueds,most notably Kenta Vs Takeshi Morishima,which eventually saw Kenta overcome the odds to pin Takeshi Morishima decisively.There was the return of ROH Icon Samoa Joe to the promotion,dominating all in his path and culminating with a ROH title shot at ROH Festival Finale.There was the Hangmen taking on the ROH newcomer Drake Younger and many hardcore bouts that took place before seeing Younger pin Adam Pearce and end the fued.There was the Age of The Fall (Jimmy Jacobs,Tyler Black,Necro Butcher,Lacey and Chuck Taylor) and their stalking of ROH tag team until the Briscoes fought back and earnt victories,before being savagely beaten at ROH Festival Finale and finally there was The Bryan Danielson Saga,in which Danielson promised to beat the very best ROH had to offer in 6 matches at the 6 ROH Festival shows,Danielson beat Delirious,Nigel Mcguiness,Kenta,Rocky Romero,El Generico and in the last match of my 12 months with the company Samoa Joe.

The Current ROH Roster. [U]Main Eventers[/U] Austin Aries (Heel) Bryan Danielson (Heel) Davey Richards (Face) Jack Evans (Face) Kenta (Face) Matt Sydal (Heel) Necro Butcher (Heel) Nigel McGuiness (Face) Rocky Romero (Heel) Samoa Joe (Face) Takeshi Morishima (Heel) [U]Upper Midcard[/U] Adam Pearce (Heel) BJ Whitmer (Heel) Delirious (Face) Doug Williams (Face) Drake Younger (Face) The Briscoe Brothers (Face) Jimmy Jacobs (Heel) Kevin Steen (Heel) Mike Quackenbush (Face) [U]Midcard[/U] Azrieal (Heel) Brent Albright (Heel) Chuck Taylor (Heel) El Generico (Face) Erick Stevens (Face) Gran Akuma (Heel) Hallowicked (Heel) Jigsaw (Face) Jimmy Rave (Heel) Matt Cross (Face) Pelle Primeau (Face) Ricky Reyes (Face) Shane Hagadorn (Heel) Tyler Black (Heel) [U]Lower Midcard[/U] Caprice Coleman (Face) Eddie Edwards(Face) Jeff Jeffry (Heel) Pac (Face) Sabian (Face) Tank Toland (Heel) [U]Openers and Enhancement Talents[/U] Cheech and Cloudy (Heel) Justin White (Heel) Sterling James Keenan (Heel) Clinton Nash (Face) Rhett Titus (Heel) [U]Managers[/U] Larry Sweeney(Heel) Manages Matt Sydal,Rocky Romero and Tank Toland Rebecca Bayless (Face) Manages Pelle Primeau Lacey (Heel) Manages Jimmy Jacobs,Chuck Taylor and Tyler Black Julius Smokes (Face) Manages Ruckus and Sabian Injured Claudio Castagnoli-Broken Neck (Out for a further 8 months)

Archived