The most annoying thing ... in the world ....

Pacersfan46

When you're playing basketball with someone who doesn't know the rules. Then they argue to the point of a screaming match. Then to top it all off just quit. This happens EVERY damn week where I go play, and it's the same damn guy every week. Today the ball hit the top edge of the backboard, and kicked back into play. The corner of the board on the in bounds side of it. I caught it and hit a 3 that should have won the game, but he quit ... AGAIN. This has happened 4 weeks in a row (on again, and off again for over a year), and I'm sick of it. We rent the court out and he quits early every week. Whining that someone is cheating him. I screamed at the moron that I'm bringing the rules, some douche, and a dose of Midol for him after ignoring him for over a year. I also told him while he was getting dressed to leave, not forget to tuck his skirt in. I'm not kidding either. Next week I have a tournament so I can't be there, but the next week I've already printed out the rules off of NBA.com, and I'm buying some damn Midol, and a diaper for him. Cry baby. Ugh.

Showing him the rules will help. I went through the same thing some time ago back in my teenage years (oh how it pains me to say that) and there was a guy that would challenge every little thing. So we printed the rules and showed him, and although he still wanted to argue he had no case.

Yep, I agree as well with the situation above. I play open gym about 3 nights a week and it comes up once or twice a week. The ball rolls on the top and comes back down and some guy says "out of bounds." Umm, no it's not. It didn't hit any wires or hit the back of the backboard. I hear ya though. Having been playing in this open gym for over 4 years now I've seen all sorts of people come and go. I usually know who knows what when I come in to play. If I see a certain group of idiots, I'll either leave and go to the other open gym, or I'll try to get a team that doesn't include any of them and whoop up on them.

Archived