EPW: Brining Wrestling To The City (After The Fall)

I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes. My name really is Jack Daniels and yes, that is the only liquor I drink. You probably have never heard of me. Just as well. Nobody has really heard of me outside of New York City. And even then, only those who religiously attend wrestling events know who I am. This is not the story of a man who becomes head booker. I wish it was. It would get me out of this horrible neighborhood of Sunset Park. 'm not the younger brother or nephew of anybody in the biz. I wish I were. I'm just a guy who tried out for a few local promotions and got a call back. The company who is taking a chance with me? The "Emp", Empire Pro Wrestling. (I know what you're thinking. "It's Empire State Wrestling! No, they changed the name October 3, 2005. I know, I was caught off guard too.) Maybe it was my skills in the ring. Maybe it was my name, which would explain why they sent me all this "wild west" attire. Either way, I don't care. I'm finally wrestling for a promotion where you have to pay to get in.

Ahhh... how the hate mail has started. It's funny, my name has been on the company website for only a week and already I'm getting mail from NEW loyalists. The war is worse than I thought and the fact that we're not as popular as them doesn't make it any better. Well, NEW turned me down after my tryout saying that they didn't think that my look was suitable for their kind of company. It was a very nice letter. You almost couldn't tell that they probably sent it to everyone they rejected. Almost. Well, with our first weekly show coming up, I got a spot on the card. I was thrilled and for suspense sake, I wont ruin the results until showtime. [B]Card[/B] Aaron Aguilera vs. Jack Daniels EPW Hardcore Title Match: Jimmy Snuka Jr. vs. Ron Waterman Vic Grimes vs. John Walters EPW Tri-State Title Match Rodney Mack (c) vs. King Kong Bundy

[B][U][CENTER]Empire Pro Wrestling Presents[/CENTER][/U][/B] [QUOTE][I]CW Anderson is seen talking to Supreme backstage.[/I] (E+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Aaron Aguilera defeated Jack Daniels in 7:45 by pinfall with a Seated Choke Slam.(D-) [I]Personally, I think this was a good opening match and good for my debut. I did well and put over Aaron as scripted.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jimmy Snuka Jr. defeated Ron Waterman in 7:45 by pinfall with a Superfly Splash. Jimmy Snuka Jr. wins the ESW Hardcore title. (D-) [I]I feel really bad for Ron. The crowd completely flipped out on him. I guess his mixed martial arts technique isn't welcomed here.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Backstage, Rodney Mack is teasing an interviewer with the microphone. Pounding is heard and Rodney drops the microphone and goes toe to toe with King Kong Bundy.[/I] Rodney: Hey fool. You'd better get up out of my face if you don't want what's coming later tonight. [I]Bundy stares Rodney down and walks off.[/I] (C)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Vic Grimes defeated John Walters in 7:54 by pinfall with a Grimes Cutter. (D-) [I]Those two did NOT look good together. Their different styles threw off the whole match.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]After the bell, Trent Acid's music immediately hits. [/I] Trent: Listen up Vicky. We all know that it will be me, Trent Acid, who gets a shot at the EPW Tri-State Championship. So how about you just get out o- Vic Grimes: I got a better idea. You and me in this ring next week in a falls count anywhere match. Trent: Screw that. Make it last man standing.(D+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Rodney Mack defeated King Kong Bundy in 8:42 by pinfall with a Tiger Bomb. Rodney Mack makes defence number 1 of his ESW Tri-State Heavyweight title. (C-) [I]Seeing Rodney Mack tigerbomb KKB was actually pretty funny. The crowd seemed to really like the match though.[/I][/QUOTE] Show Rating: D+

Archived