WCW - The Fusient Era - May 2000

[COLOR="Gray"][OOC: This is a “What If?” scenario dynasty. I am using “War’s End: Rebirth” data. This universe begins on May 1, 2000. Fusient Media Ventures led by Eric Bischoff and Brian Bedol, successfully purchased WCW. I will be writing from the perspective of Dave Acadia, the person who now has the Head Booker role.][/COLOR] [center][IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m225/skinsguy78/wcw_logo.gif[/IMG] [b]May 1, 2000[/b][/center] “Tonight is the real test,” I thought to myself as I reclined in my VIP box. “The fans will either start to believe in WCW again or will caste it off as another failed attempt to revive a dead horse.” “God damn, motherf^cker!” I could hear Vince Russo swearing in the background of my earpiece, piping in from the Guerilla position. “That’s enough Vince. We are ten minutes from the opening bell people,” Eric Bischoff had tactfully announced into the production earpiece. I knew that a lot was riding on this night, especially for Bischoff. He is the guy who was the driving force behind this idea; the “Rebirth” of WCW. If tonight failed, it was going to be his ass that would be held accountable to Fusient and Brian Bedol. Over the past two months, we had been able to look at WCW as a whole and create our vision of what the product should be. Tonight, we would find out if that vision was going to be embraced by the fans. We had made some changes to the roster of WCW since we had taken charge in March. Many names had been cut, most importantly, to save money and heartache later down the road. Bischoff was unhappy about some of the cuts made and likewise Russo was unhappy with some of the workers we had kept. Regardless of what changes had been made I was the one calling those shots. I am the one who had decided what storylines we would play out and who would play a part in the story we wanted to tell. “We’re one minute to launch, everyone,” Eric informed everyone. I relaxed in my lounge chair and took a long drink from my water. “Man, am I nervous,” I thought before the Nitro theme played through the house speakers.

WCW Roster for May 2000 [b]Main Event[/b] Bill Goldberg Booker T Diamond Dallas Page Dustin Rhodes Jeff Jarrett Rob Van Dam Shane Douglas Sting [b]Upper Midcard[/b] Bam Bam Bigelow Billy Kidman Chris Kanyon Disquo Ernest Miller Hugh Murros Mike Awesome Mike Sanders Rey Misterio Jr. Sean O’Haire [b]Midcard[/b] Big Vito Brian Adams Bryan Clark Chavo Guerrero Jr. Chuck Palumbo Evan Karagious Johnny The Bull Lance Storm Lash Leroux Mark Jindrak Shane Helms Shannon Moore Shawn Stasiak [b]Lower Midcard[/b] Elix Skipper Jaime Knoble Jason Jett Jimmy Yang Kaz Hayashi Kwee-Wee Norman Smiley [b]Opener[/b] AJ Styles Christopher Daniels Kid Kash Kid Romeo [b]Enhancement Talent[/b] Air Paris Mike Modest [b]Development[/b] Bob Sapp Chris Harris David Flair James Storm [b]Occasional Wrestler[/b] Hulk Hogan Jim Duggan Tank Abbott [b]Manager[/b] Jimmy Hart Paisley Ric Flair Stacy Keibler Torrie Wilson [b]Announcers[/b] Joey Styles Mike Tenay Pamela Paulshock [b]Color Commentator[/b] Dusty Rhodes Ed Ferrera Larry Zybysko Stevie Ray [b]Referee[/b] Billy Silverman Charles Robinson Mark Johnson Mickey Jaye Nick Patrick Scott Armstrong [b]Authority Figure[/b] Brian Bedol Vince Russo [b]Road Agent[/b] Arn Anderson Dave Acadia Eric Bischoff Fit Finley Johnny Ace Terry Taylor [b]Active Titles[/b] WCW World – Booker T. WCW United States – Booker T. WCW Television – Vacant WCW Cruiserweight – Shane Helms WCW World Tag Team – Chuck Palumbo & Sean O’Haire

Archived