Adrenaline Wrestling - A New Beginning (CornellVerse)

[B][CENTER]AW Rush Hour results – taken from AW Message Board[/CENTER][/B] Back at The Asylum tonight in the Great Lakes. Crowd looks to be about [B]537[/B] or so. Just about the same size as last time. Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring to welcome the fans to the show and plug the matches for tonight. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd was just as hyped for us as they were last month.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Edward Cornell[/B][/COLOR] in 6:34 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid opening match for us tonight. I was happy myself and Edward were able to work well together again.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring for his match and cuts a promo on Hugh de Aske. Casey says he’s going to beat Hugh tonight and then go on to Afflicted Glory to become the Midwest Champion for a second time. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some solid promo work here for Casey. I was extremely pleased. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated[COLOR="Red"][B] Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] in 14:39 by pinfall with a Skull And Cross Bones [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]This could have been a lot better but Casey is still having a tough time working through his injury. I hope he heals up soon.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] comes out for his match and cuts a promo on JD Morgan. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not bad for Jett here. Katie Cameron added something nice too.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]JD Morgan[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] in 19:24 by submission [B]after blatantly cheating [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid main event here that should help the show rating. JD and Jacob worked well enough together to put on a good show for the fans. Katie also helped the match at ringside.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Overall Rating: C-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]A solid show in the Great Lakes for us. If we keep putting shows like this together we should have no problem starting to increase our popularity here and gaining more of a crowd.[/I]

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Photobucket Live from the War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region – Attendance: 1756[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][U][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kendrick Kade[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Raphael[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Remmy Honeyman[/B][/COLOR] in 2:51 when Kendrick Kade defeated Raphael by pinfall with a Discovery Driver. [B]Kendrick Kade makes defense number 3 of his AW LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]This was definitely better than I expected it to be. Some solid opening work out of these three. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Rob Reynolds[/B][/COLOR] in 5:26 by pinfall with a Half and Half Suplex[B][SIZE="3"] C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another good match as I give the youngster some ring time with one of our better workers to give him the opportunity to learn. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Amazing Fire Fly[/B][/COLOR] in 5:54 by pinfall with an Omega Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another solid pre-show match here to give another one of our aspiring talents some ring time with a talented worker. Fire fly seems to be getting better at his mat wrestling.[/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/U][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome the fans to Afflicted Glory. They run down the card for the night and focus on the main event of Hugh de Aske challenging Ryan Powell for the Heavyweight Title. [SIZE="3"][B]C-[/B][/SIZE] [I]There seems to be some excitement in the air.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Jared Johnson[/B][/COLOR] in 4:56 by pinfall [SIZE="3"][B]D+[/B][/SIZE] [I]An acceptable main show opener here. Edward gets the victory to help him gain some credibility.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring before his match and gets on the stick. [B]“You know I’ve been a lot of places in this business and worked for a lot of companies. That means I’ve met a lot of low lives. But no one compares to KC Glenn. He stole that belt from me at the Road to Glory. But I’m just going to win it back from him because I know that being a champion in this business means more bookings. And more bookings means more money.” [SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not quite as good of a response as his promo work in the Great Lakes as he’s not as popular here, but still solid time from the youngster.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] in 8:42 [B]by disqualification. KC Glenn makes defense number 2 of his AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]The match ended when Casey went berserk after KC kicked out of his finisher. Casey went on the attack and began laying closed fists into the head of the champion and refused to stop forcing referee Bret Graveson call for the bell. Solid work by these two.[/I] Backstage, [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Hugh de Aske[/B][/COLOR] bump into one another. Aaron yells at Hugh to watch where he’s going and calls him a couple of names. Aaron goes on a tirade about how pirates are insignificant and worthless because all they do is steal while Aaron is strait edge. Hugh then cuts in and gets a few of his own jabs in on Aaron before they part ways before any contact is made. [B][SIZE="3"] C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good work by these two to help set the base for another possible program. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] in 12:32 by pinfall with a Jett Take Off [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not nearly as good as I thought they could have done but okay. Katie Cameron seemed to help out at ringside. Also, each man helped the other as Cameron seemed to be getting better with flying and Jacob was getting better at brawling.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage in front of our logo banner and cuts a promo. [B]“You know Ryan you were pretty despicable knocking me in the head with brass knuckles and then applying a submission hold while the referee was down. Do you think you’re the first person to cheat like that? Newsflash: there’s hundreds if not thousands of scumbags like that in this business. I will get my rematch. And I will come out with my belt back around my waist.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Solid promo work as always from Trent.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance and Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews and JD Morgan[/B][/COLOR] in 16:47 when Trent Shaffer defeated JD Morgan by pinfall with a Heart Burn [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some solid story telling done inside the ring during this match. There were many near falls that the crowd got into. Trent Shaffer appears to be getting better at his forearms and strikes. Trent gets the pin here to give him some momentum in his program with Ryan Powell.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Ryan Powell [/COLOR][/B]stands backstage with the AW Heavyweight Championship slung over his shoulder. [B]“So many idiots are in this business and last month I beat one of them for the belt that hangs over my shoulder. Trent, I did what was necessary to win this belt. I never thought I was being an innovator by the way I won. That’s where you just don’t understand. In this business you do what ever it takes to win. If that means ripping someone off or cheating in some fashion then so be it. It’s just how it goes. If you don’t jump on the train then everyone is going to leave you behind. It’s just a fact. Don’t count on taking this belt from me whenever you get that rematch. I think I look good ten pounds heavier.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good promo work by the new champion here.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Hugh de Aske[/B][/COLOR] in 13:57 by pinfall. [B]Ryan Powell makes defense number 1 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A little bit of a lackluster cap to the evening but still not bad. These two had some communication issues but still did a fine job.[/I] As [COLOR="Blue"][B]Hugh de Aske[/B][/COLOR] gets to his feet in the ring and the crowd applauds him, [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews [/B][/COLOR]rushes from the back and blindsides him. In a split second Andrews lays Hugh out with his sick belly to back piledriver he calls the Omega Driver and stands over top of him. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some solid heat during this segment as Andrews attacks the youngster. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: C[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]Better than the last few shows. Attendance was lower than normal, which kind of caught me off guard but really didn’t. I was half expecting attendance to drop with the poor state of the industry and economy and it finally did. Still, we should be able to come out ahead for the month.[/I]

We only had a couple of things to deal with in February. We extended our dependable jobber Valentine and our dependable midcarder Mark Smart. Other than that we had a relatively quiet month aside from running two shows. So here are my notes from the month in the other parts of the industry. [B]Recent News[/B] - In an event that completely threw me for a loop PPG rose to regional size. Congrats to them. - Louis Figo Manico took over the newly formed Brussels Pro Wrestling. A lot of investors in thought his work as the owner of UCR was good enough to give him the nod. - Shane Sneer took over as head booker of AAA after the exit of Catherine Quinn - Captain Hero will be heading across the pond to book for BPW. Andriy Boronin entered the Europe wrestling scene. He’s a young man with some good amateur wrestling skills dating back to his days in the Ukraine Army. - Leon Jameson, an inmate from 2004 to 2011, debuted in the US this month. He’s going by the ring name Cerberus. He figured wrestling was his only shot at a job with his criminal record. - Both Spanish Superfly and Barry Griffin hung up their boots. - Duke Hazzard has been putting over Jim Force. - Charlie Thatcher and Clark Alexander have been hanging out backstage in TCW. - NOTBPW will be getting a new show called NOTBPW: The Stars on Maple Leaf Sports. [B] Roster Moves[/B] - Wolf Hawkins signed with CGC. - The new BPW made a lot of signings to start out their roster. - PGHW and BHOTGW are setting their new touring rosters in place. - With their growth PPG has been bringing in more talent. Some of them include Brendan Idol, American Machine, Valiant, Steve Gumble, Ash Campbell, - Scythe and Black Eagle. - Shane Nelson has left CGC. - Nevada Nuclear has left PPG. [B] Title Changes[/B] - A couple of Rick’s exchanged the CGC Canadian Title as Rick Law defeated Ricky DeColt. - Jay Chord defeated Trent Shaffer to capture his first CGC World Title - Mainstream Hernandez Won the DAVE Unified Title - Mikel Alonso defeated Genghis Rahn to begin his second reign as SWF National Champ - Tommy Cornell felt is was best if he had gold and won the TCW World Heavyweight Title from Steve Frehely - Danny Rushmore captured the USPW National Title

Marv and Ota came over to my apartment for our monthly creative meeting. As we settled in I covered the industry and economy like I always did. Both were still very weak. The economy was still on the rise. This month it looked like the industry was going to make the turn around before it hit rock bottom. So that was good news following our recent drop in attendance. Next I went on to the news that we had lost a lot of money on the attendance drop. We only made a little less than 7k this month. That meant we’d have to stop running the extra show in the Great Lakes region until I knew for sure we would hit the money goal. I felt bad about that because the fans there had been awesome so far and I hoped they’d come back as soon as we could come back. Ota and Marv briefly tried to sway my decision, but I knew it was best. Next we began talks about our March event, Ground Zero. I first told them I had someone I had just brought in and really wanted to debut him here. I also had a new comer to the industry that I would be bringing in. We had some solid heat to go off of with the program we started with Aaron Andrews and Hugh de Aske and our Heavyweight Title program. So we decided on something for them and then went to talk about how we could fill the card out. After about four hours of deliberation we came up with something we were all happy on and I started making the flier. [B][U][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE="3"]Main Event[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer and Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and Ryan Powell[/B] [I]Trent Shaffer and Hugh de Aske have respective beefs with Ryan Powell and Aaron Andrews and they’ve requested this tag team match to try and get a measure of revenge. AW management has granted them that. Can they gain that revenge? Or will Ryan and Aaron be able to keep the proverbial upper hand?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"]Special Attraction Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]???[/B] [I]Tyler Chance, one of AW’s biggest stars has been given this match in what management promises will be a tremendous match. The kicker is, he won’t know who his opponent is. Can Tyler welcome this newcomer into AW with a loss? Or will he be at the disposal of the new guy?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"] Four Corner Survival – AW Midwest Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Thomas Morgan[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn ©[/COLOR][/B] [I]Casey Valentine gets tossed into a match for the title he claims he deserves with two other challengers. One has to assume that he’s the favorite to defeat KC Glenn if anyone can. But that’s the question can any of these men defeat KC Glenn for the title he’s worked so hard for?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] [I]These two AW regulars will duke it out in one of the night’s opening contests. Both men have been on a roll in their own respective careers. Which one of them can keep that roll going?[/I] [B]Also scheduled to appear: AW LiveWire Champion Kendrick Kade, The Canadian Blondes, Nomad and many more! [/B] Trent Shaffer and Hugh de Aske vs. Aaron Andrews and Ryan Powell Tyler Chance vs. ??? Thomas Morgan vs. Casey Valentine vs. Kashmir Singh vs. KC Glenn © Edward Cornell vs. Robbie Clavey

[B][U][CENTER]Photobucket Live at the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region Attendance: 2000[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kendrick Kade[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Valentine[/B][/COLOR] in 3:09 by pinfall with a Discovery Driver. [B]Kendrick Kade makes defense number 4 of his AW LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]E[/SIZE][/B] [I]This match was just a squash win for Kendrick. Crowd seemed to crap on it. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Lenny Brown[/COLOR][/B] defeated[COLOR="Red"][B] Raphael[/B][/COLOR] in 3:48 by pinfall with [B]The Star Treatment [SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]The debut of a youngster I just hired in Lenny Brown. For being young he’s got good all-around skills and should develop into something. This match also didn’t meet the crowd’s level of hype and they seemed to drop in morale again.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] The Canadian Blondes[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Nomad[/B][/COLOR] in 5:31 when Flash Savage defeated Erik Strong by submission with a Canadian Crab [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd was okay with the match but it still wasn’t anything spectacular. Flash Savage seemed to be a little off tonight.[/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/U][/B] To kick off the show [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews and the AW Heavyweight Champion Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] make their way to the ring to the boos of the crowd. They enter the ring and Powell asks for a microphone. He receives it and waits for the boos to die down. [COLOR="Red"][B]“I have some bad news for you people. Your beloved hero Trent Shaffer is not here tonight. That punk is at home faking an injury so he doesn’t have to face myself and Aaron here tonight. That is who you people worship.”[/B][/COLOR] He hands the stick off to Aaron. [B][COLOR="Red"]“So it looks like that little pirate wannabe Hugh de Aske is going to have to face us in a handicapped match tonight. I hope you’re ready for a beating boy.”[/COLOR][/B] Suddenly Jacob Jett’s music hits to the delight of the crowd. He and Hugh de Aske come from behind the curtain and stand at the top of the entrance way; Jacob has a microphone. [COLOR="Blue"][B]“Well I wasn’t doing anything tonight so I figured I could take Trent’s place in that Tag Team match. Hugh doesn’t mind and I’m sure that all of these people don’t mind either. So what do you say?” [/B][/COLOR] Aaron and Ryan agree to let Jett into the match stating that they’ll kick anybody’s butts. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid opening segment. Trent is legit hurt for right now. But he should be back before our next show. Aaron seems to be getting better with his acting skills and Ryan is improving in his overall performance. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Amazing Fire Fly[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Mark Smart[/B][/COLOR] in 4:09 by pinfall with a Sky High Fire Fly [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not horrible here. The crowd didn’t get bored with it so I was happy. Nice little win for Fire Fly.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR] in 7:31 by submission [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Solid match here as Edward Cornell gets the victory to help keep him a threat in the lower ranks. I like working with him.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and tells us that he is confident he will defeat all four of his opponents and walk out as the AW Midwest Champion again. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd is starting to react to Casey now. I’m glad he’s building some credibility for himself.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR], [B][COLOR="Red"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="Blue"]Thomas Morgan[/COLOR][/B] in 8:31; the order of elimination was Kashmir Singh first, then Casey Valentine, and finally Thomas Morgan. [B]KC Glenn makes defense number 3 of his AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match here for our midcard. I was happy with the result.[/I] After the match, Casey Valentine rushes in and lays out both Thomas Morgan and KC Glenn. He hits both men with sick DDTs before standing over the fallen men and playing to the crowd. They boo him as he lays a few more boots to them and leaves the ring. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd was kind of quiet for this, but I’m not worried. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring for his match against a mystery opponent and waits. Finally some new music hits and the lights go out as some tribal sounds are heard. Finally after a few seconds of pulsing lights and music [B]KID TOMA[/B] emerges from the back and begins making his way towards the ring. [B]Kid Toma has come to AW! [SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid response for Toma’s debut here. I’m really excited to have him here. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kid Toma[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] in 16:50 by pinfall with a Long Range Headbutt [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match between these two and it could have been better if Tyler had been on. For the first time in his career I could tell he just wasn’t with it tonight.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo on Hugh de Aske saying that he made a mistake recruiting Jacob Jett to be his partner. He should have just taken the beating he’s going to get like a man. Andrews says he hopes Hugh has insurance because he’s going to end up needing a stay in the hospital. [B][SIZE="3"] C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Solid promo from Aaron as always.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske and Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews and Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] in 20:32 when Hugh de Aske defeated Aaron Andrews by pinfall with a Cut-Throat Driver[B][SIZE="3"] B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic main event that really had the crowd into it. The end of the match saw one of the most devastating Burning Hammer’s I have ever seen from Hugh to Aaron. Aaron sold it GREAT and had me believing he might really be injured. When he got to the back he assured me he wasn’t.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Overall Show: C[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]A great main event helped to pick up the pieces left by a mediocre undercard. This show was better than we had been doing and attendance was back up. That was good news.[/I]

We had a somewhat busy month in March as we extended Edward Cornell, Raphael and Jared Johnson. We also signed Kid Toma and Lenny Brown to deals and debuted them. Aside from that we had nothing so here are the notes I had taken from other news in the industry. [B] Recent News[/B] Eva Berlin finally brought her career to an end JD Morgan and Des Davis have been having some problems lately [B] Signings and Departures[/B] Joey Sexy signed with OLLIE Nevada Nuclear signed with USPW Steel, Ox Kreviazuk and California Love Machine signed with SWF Chance Fortune signed with CGC Thomas Morgan left 4C, claiming they were not big enough for him. I’m scared he might be leaving us soon. Steven Parker left NYCW [B] Title Changes[/B] Jeremy and Dan Stone Jr. Won the Ed Henson Memorial Cup for the sixth time Nevada Nuclear made a big impact winning the SWF National Title Primus Allen claimed the USPW World Title from the departing T-Rex Gargantuan and Ernie Turner won the USPW Tag Team Titles

As always Marv and Ota came over during the first week of April for our monthly creative meeting. Ota kicked it off by bugging me to place him back on the active roster. I had had enough and finally gave in. I’d place him back on the active roster but he’d still be acting as road agent. Next we discussed Thomas Morgan. I was afraid he was going to be leaving us soon and Ota felt his popularity made him deserving of a higher spot on the roster. So we all agreed to push him as an Upper Midcarder now. Next I spoke on the industry and economy. They were both at the same level as last month, fairly weak, but were on the rise. Our drop in attendance at Afflicted Glory was probably due to the turn around of the industry. Next I went on to report that with the sell out again we had made a little less than 16k. I was extremely happy with this because it put us at 765k overall. If we continued like this we would be at our goal of 803k in the next two or three months. Next we went on to talk about what we wanted to do for our April show, We’re No Joke. Trent Shaffer would be back in action so we’d be using him. I also talked about getting everyone in the ring this month. Some of our talent hadn’t been on shows in a whiel and I wanted to make sure they got some ring time. We talked for a few hours, all the way through dinner. Finally around 8 PM we had a plan and I went to work on the flier. [B][CENTER][U]Live at the War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region[/U][/CENTER][/B] [B][U][SIZE="2"]Main Event – AW Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kid Toma[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Ryan Powell ©[/COLOR][/B] [I]One month after defeating Tyler Chance in his debut Kid Toma will get the chance to win AW gold as he faces Ryan Powell for the Heavyweight Title. Can Kid Toma knock the champion off? Or will Ryan be able to continue the roll he has been on?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"] Four Corner Survival[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ota[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] [I]AW management books another match that should please the crowd as these four men square off in a four corner survival match. Ota will be making his first appearance in an AW ring in a very long time. Can he make a successful return? Or will one of the other three men come up big? [/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"]Six Man Tag Action[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jacob Jett, Tyler Chance and KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan, Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] [I]Rarely has there been a six man tag team match in AW, but this month there is. All six of these men have a history with somebody on the other team, which should provide some good action. Which one of these makeshift teams can work the best?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Lenny Brown[/B][/COLOR] [I]These two youngsters will get the opportunity to showcase their stuff in the undercard. Can Edward build off of his win last month? Or will Lenny Brown take that honor?[/I] Kid Toma vs. Ryan Powell © Trent Shaffer vs. Ota vs. Thomas Morgan vs. Aaron Andrews Jacob Jett, Tyler Chance and KC Glenn vs. JD Morgan, Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine Edward Cornell vs. Lenny Brown

[B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Photobucket Live from the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region Attendance: 2000 [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Thomas Morgan[/COLOR][/B] won a battle royal in 15:27. The final four competitors also included [COLOR="Red"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"][B]Kendrick Kade[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Oscar Golden[/B][/COLOR], with Robbie Clavey being the final elimination [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid bonus pre-show battle royal for the live audience tonight. Kendrick had a very good showing coming out in the final four. I seemed to get the best reaction in the match but Thomas Morgan went over. I had fun here. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and plug the card for the night. They talk about the main event of Kid Toma and Ryan Powell for the AW Heavyweight Championship and get the crowd hyped. [B][SIZE="3"] C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good hype segment to get the crowd excited for the night.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Josh Jones[/B][/COLOR] in 4:35 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid debut match for Josh Jones. He is a solid worker for just entering the business and I had fun working the opener with him despite us not really clicking. We still put on a solid opener though.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Lenny Brown[/B][/COLOR] in 4:39 by pinfall [SIZE="3"][B]D[/B][/SIZE] [I]Not as good as I thought it could be but still solid for the undercard. Edward gets the victory as an established roster member. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo on Hugh de Aske. He states that that stupid little pirate isn’t here tonight after the beating he took last month. Aaron claims he’s scared of facing a former Heavyweight Champion one on one. But Aaron says it’s okay because everyone should be afraid of him. He claims nobody can beat him because nobody else in AW is strait edge. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another strong promo from Andrews here. I’m glad he’s developed his microphone skills.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]JD Morgan, Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett, Tyler Chance and KC Glenn[/B][/COLOR] in 10:38 when Casey Valentine defeated KC Glenn by pinfall with a handful of tights [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid six man tag team match here. Casey Valentine and Jacob Jett had a STIIFF exchange of forearms and headbutts which seemed to showcase their improving rumble skills. Katie Cameron added to the match with her cheering at ringside.[/I] After the match [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] grabs the microphone and challenges [COLOR="Blue"][B]KC Glenn[/B][/COLOR] to a match for the Midwest Title next month. KC agrees very quickly after being defeated by cheating. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Somewhat better response for Casey on the stick tonight. This helps to set up a Midwest Title match next month.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR="Blue"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer[/B][/COLOR] in 13:29; the order of elimination was Thomas Morgan first, then Trent Shaffer, and finally Ota. [B]During the match we also had Ryan Powell run in and attack Trent Shaffer [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid four corners match here. Trent was eliminated by interference from Ryan Powell to help advance their program. I was pleased with Ota’s return to the ring.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] cuts a promo on Trent Shaffer saying that he is weak and stupid. Somebody with any brains at all would have been able to see the unstoppable force that is Ryan Powell and would have prepared better. But Trent underestimated him and lost his gold. Ryan says that Trent will never taste gold in AW again as long as Ryan is here. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Ryan is also a solid mouthpiece for us. I love the work my guys can do on the stick.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Kid Toma[/B][/COLOR] in 14:42 by submission. [B]Ryan Powell makes defense number 2 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not quite as good as I thought it could be but good none the less. Kid Toma is proving to be a good member to the roster.[/I] Post match, [COLOR="Red"][B]Ryan Powell [/B][/COLOR]goes on the attack and begins laying boots and knees to a fallen Kid Toma. But the crowd explodes when [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer[/B][/COLOR] comes down the aisle and slides in, getting some of Ryan Powell. Trent dumps him to the outside with a clothesline and Ryan begins retreating to the back. [B][SIZE="3"] C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid save angle here that really got a good pop for Trent coming in.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] asked for the stick and went on a tirade about Ryan Powell. He said he is sick of Ryan disgracing the belt he holds. Trent wants his rematch and says he’s going to get it. But since he is just coming off of an injury he’s going to give Ryan one more month to savor his reign because Trent will get his rematch at Summer Scorcher in a match of his choosing. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another great promo slot here. Trent was really intense and showed a lot of emotion. The crowd seemed to love it.[/I] [B][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Overall Show: C [/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid show here, but we really should be doing C+ or B- shows to continue our increase in popularity. We used EVERYONE tonight so I’m sure our profit will be lower than normal. But I think it was worth using everyone to get them some ring time.[/I]

April was a light month for us as we only brought on Josh Jones. So I spent most of the month on the internet looking for news and other things from around the industry. [B][U]Recent News[/U][/B] - 21CW finally fell to financial woes and closed their doors. It was sad to see them go but they fought for as long as they could. Our own Edward Cornell was the last 21CW World Champion - WLW and INSPIRE signed new PPV deals with J-Remote 1 and Emperor Choice respectively [B][U]Signings and Departures[/U][/B] - James Prudence signed with NYCW - Christian Vars signed with 4C - Nate Johnson and Sean McFly signed with NOTBPW - El Fuerza signed with SOTBPW - Nevada Nuclear left NYCW [B][U] Title Changes[/U][/B] - Alex Braun captured the DAVE Brass Knuckles Title for the 4th time - Nathaniel Ca$ino and Roger Dodger became the MAW Tag Team Champions - The NYCW Tag Team Titles were left vacant after the departure of Nevada Nuclear - Johnny Bloodstone captured the NOTBPW Unlimited Action Title from The Natural - James Prudence defeated Jim Force for the PPG Wrestling Spirit Title Steven Parker defeated Puerto Rican Power for the SWF North American Championship and then BLZ Bubb defeated Steven Parker in his first defense. Talk about your transitional champion. - Marc Dubois won the TCW Intercontinental Title for the second time.

Marv and Ota came over on a Thursday for our monthly creative meeting. Ota was happy he had gotten some in ring work at We’re No Joke and happy I had re-listed him as an active member of the roster. We started out as we normally do with my notes from the industry and economy. The industry was a little stronger than last month and still rising as was the economy. Next we began talking about notes from last show. We ended that conversation with my financial report. Even though we used every person on our roster for the April show we had still made a little over 10k and were now at 775k. We only had 25k to go on our goal and 8 months to do it in. I knew that wouldn’t be a problem. Next we began talking about our plans for May. We had a lot of places we could go with our programs. After a lot of deliberation over the matches for the show we came up with a card and I began piecing the flier together. [B][U][CENTER]Photobucket Live at the War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest region[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE="2"] Main Event – AW Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ryan Powell ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]A rematch from the 2011 Road to Glory finals finds its way to the main event of No Retreat, No Surrender. Ryan Powell will be one month away from defending his title against Trent Shaffer but he has to get past Tyler first. Tyler is a former Heavyweight Champion himself and would love to get another reign. So who will Trent Shaffer be facing for the title at Summer Scorcher? [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] [I]There is no love lost between these two men. Aaron lost the Heavyweight Championship to Trent in November of 2011 and has wanted revenge ever since. This month he gets to step into the ring with him and might get some. Word has it Aaron also has a message for Hugh de Aske as well.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ota[/B][/COLOR] [I]After months of inactivity in the ring Ota gets another chance to show that he is still a force to be reckoned with at 37 years of age. At the same time Hugh de Aske is looking for a win over the veteran to help solidify his position in the upper ranks of the company. Can he do just that? Or will Aaron Andrews have something to say about it?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"] AW Midwest Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]KC Glenn ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]Last month Casey Valentine Challenged KC Glenn to a match for the Midwest championship, claiming he never rightfully lost it. Everybody knows that doesn’t make any sense but KC Glenn has agreed to put the belt on the line. Can Casey take advantage of the opportunity? Or will KC prove it to be just another defense? [/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"]Opening Contest[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Raphael[/B][/COLOR] [I]These two young workers get the opening slot of the night to show what they can do inside the ring. Will they impress the fans? Or will they leave the fans awaiting something better? [/I] [B]Also scheduled to appear: AW LiveWire Champion Kendrick Kade, Robbie Clavey, Lenny Brown, Josh Jones and more! [/B] Tyler Chance vs. Ryan Powell © Trent Shaffer vs. Aaron Andrews Hugh de Aske vs. Ota Casey Valentine vs. KC Glenn © Edward Cornell vs. Raphael

[B][U][CENTER]Photobucket Live at the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region Attendance: 2000[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Pre-Show[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Josh Jones[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Jared Johnson[/B][/COLOR] in 2:35 by pinfall with a Canadian Backdrop [SIZE="3"][B]D+[/B][/SIZE] [I]A solid match to open our pre-show. Both of these young guys are proving to be good guys to have around.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Lenny Brown[/B][/COLOR] in 6:05 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Even with Lenny out of stride tonight we pulled of a good match. I kind of stood out in the match but I feel I helped Lenny too. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kendrick Kade[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Mark Smart[/B][/COLOR] in 4:57 by pinfall with a Discovery Driver.[B] Kendrick Kade makes defense number 5 of his AW LiveWire Championship[SIZE="3"] D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]This wasn’t that good but not horrible either. No matter what the crowd didn’t like it and they seemed a little bummed heading into the main show. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome the fans to the show. They run down the card and touch on all the big matches happening tonight. [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd really came alive when they talked about the Hugh de Aske/Ota match. The fans must remember what they’ve done together in the past. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Raphael[/B][/COLOR] in 6:12 by submission [SIZE="3"][B]C-[/B][/SIZE] [I]A solid main show opener here. Edward gets the win to help establish himself. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo. [B]“You know a few people have asked me lately what I think of Hugh de Aske. What can I say? He’s a grown man parading around like a pirate. Not only that he’s a coward too. Who would ever get behind a cowardly pirate? You know what your problem is Hugh? You don’t have any balls to stand up for yourself and make a move. You just can’t do it.” [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good promo time for Aaron here to advance his feud.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]KC Glenn[/B][/COLOR] in 8:53 by pinfall [B]after using a foreign object. Casey Valentine wins the AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A great match for our midcarders. Casey uses some illegal tactics to recapture the gold. [/I] After the match, Casey Valentine stalks KC Glenn and begins beating him down to add insult to injury. The beating goes on for a good two or three minutes until Valentine is proud enough to stand over his fallen foe and raise the Midwest Title into the air. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]An okay response from the crowd here. It helps to give the feud some continuance. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ota[/B][/COLOR] in 11:43 by pinfall with a Skull And Cross Bones [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic match by Hugh and Ota here. The crowd was solidly behind Hugh the whole way. Hugh and Ota told a tremendous story in the ring and really got the crowd going with numerous believable near falls. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo on Ryan Powell. [B]“I hope you enjoy your night Ryan because next month after it is all said and done at Summer Scorcher I will be leaving as the Heavyweight Champion. And remember last month when I said this match would happen on my terms? I’ve come to them and decided on what type of match it will be. I really hope you’re not afraid of heights because next month we’ll be facing off in a ladder match!” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some good heat for Trent as he announces the ladder match. The crowd seems to be looking forward to it.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] in 17:49 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. [B]During the match we also had Hugh de Aske run in and attack Aaron Andrews [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] The match ended when Aaron blatantly pulled the referee in front of a charging Trent Shaffer and knocked him out. Andrews then hit a low blow on Trent and attempted to use a chair but Hugh de Aske came running to the ring and stopped him. Hugh then hit Aaron with the chair allowing Trent to hit the Heart Burn as the referee came to. [I]A solid match from these two that also saw some extra build up with Aaron and Hugh.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] cut a promo on Trent Shaffer. [B]“You know Trent I know what you were thinking when you came up with the ladder match stipulation. I’m not known for going to the top rope and doing amazingly stupid flippy moves. I’m not known for my topes. I’m known for my fighting. I’ve got news for you buddy. I don’t have to be all flippy to win a ladder match. All I have to do is beat your ass and then climb seven rungs to grab this belt. That is exactly what I’m going to do next month. This championship isn’t going anywhere.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good promo slot of Ryan as well.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] in 16:18 by submission. [B]Ryan Powell makes defense number 3 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B[/SIZE][/B] [I]This was just an amazing match to close out the night. Tyler and Ryan have the ability to go out and make each other look downright PERFECT and take the crowd on an incredible journey. By the end of the match the crowd was on their feet.[/I] [B][SIZE="3"][CENTER] Overall Rating: C+[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [I]This is exactly what we needed. I feel like this is what we are all about and hope we can match or top this next month. A lot of solid undercard matches coupled with our tremendous uppercard made this one of our better shows in a while. [/I]

In the month of May we extended Rob Reynolds, Ryan Powell, Amazing Fire Fly, Nomad, Oscar Golden and Flash Savage. All of which were very easy to do. I also had sent out feelers to numerous TV networks over the country but they still weren’t giving us the time of day. With nothing else happening with us here are my notes from elsewhere around the industry. [B] Recent News[/B] - Anders “The Pride of Stockholm” Thunder debuted this month. He is looking for work in the US and Europe. He’s been tagged as a steroid user already and stinks inside the ring. - In some sad news, Sam “Calamari Kid” Pratt was forced to call it quits this month. He had a lot of injuries that finally caught up with him [B] Signings and Departures[/B] - Valiant signed with DAVE - Our own Kid Toma will be touring with INSPIRE [B] Title Changes[/B] - Brendan Idol captured the Coastal Zone Xtreme Title - Hugh de Aske became a double champion in NYCW as he teamed with Knuckles to win the Tag Titles to go along with his ten month Tri-State Regional Title reign - Johnny Bloodstone captured the NOTBPW Unlimited Action Title - Stephanie Hazel won the NOTBPW Women’s Title - Mikel Alonso won the SWF National Championship - Wolf Hawkins captured the SWF North American Championship - The Darkness Warriors won their third TCW Tag Team Title

Marv and Ota came over to my apartment on the 5th of June for our monthly creative meeting. I started out as I always do by reporting the status of the economy and industry. Both were still the same from last month and still getting stronger. Next we moved on to our performance for the month of May. We came out with a profit of a little less than 19k. We were only 9k short of the money goal now. That meant once we hit it we could start running shows in the Great Lakes region again. I was hoping to have our popularity fairly high in another region if the industry and economy peaked so we might get a TV slot. Next we went on to talk about our plans for our June show, Summer Scorcher. We already had our main event ready. Next we just needed to fill out the rest of the card. We had a good show last month that we needed to live up to so compiling the card took a while. Around 8 P.M. we finally agreed on one and I went to work on the flier. [B][U][CENTER]Photobucket Live at the War Memorial Auditorium[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE="2"]Main Event – AW Heavyweight Championship – Ladder Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ryan Powell ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]Ryan Powell won the Heavyweight Title using his title shot guaranteed to him after winning the Road to Glory last December. His ways of capturing the belt were questionable and now Trent Shaffer gets his rematch. These two are going to put it all on the line as they battle it out to climb a ladder and retrieve the championship hanging fifteen feet in the air. Can Trent Shaffer get the title back? Or will Ryan Powell be able to retain? [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske and Kid Toma[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews and JD Morgan[/COLOR][/B] [I]This tag team match has a little bit of bad blood in it as Hugh and Aaron haven’t really been getting along recently. Aaron has been on Hugh telling him to drop the pirate costume and become strait edge and drug free. Hugh wants nothing to do with it and Aaron is angered. These two get the chance to take some frustrations out here as they team up with a partner and face off in a tag match.[/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"]Four Corner Survival[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] vs.[COLOR="Red"][B] Ota[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] [I]This is the night’s special attraction match. This four corner survival should be everything the fans want and more. All four of these men have great skills in numerous categories. The action should be fast and furious but also cold and calculating. Which one of these four men can come out on top? [/I][B][U][SIZE="2"] AW Midwest Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Amazing Fire Fly [/COLOR][/B]vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]Casey Valentine regained the Midwest Championship last month from KC Glenn after cheating. This month he escapes the wrath of the former champ as he defends the belt against Amazing Fire Fly. Can Fire Fly become the new champion? Or will Valentine make a successful defense?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR] [I]In what looks like it should be an outstanding match KC Glenn will face off with Robbie Clavey in one of our lower card matches. Robbie has been on a tear recently and KC is coming off of an unsuccessful Midwest Title defense. Can He regain some momentum? Or will Robbie topple him and continue his rise?[/I] [B]Also scheduled to appear: AW LiveWire Champion Kendrick Kade, The Canadian Blondes, Edward Cornell, Josh Jones, Lenny Brown and more![/B] Trent Shaffer vs. Ryan Powell © Hugh de Aske and Kid Toma vs. Aaron Andrews and JD Morgan © Tyler Chance vs. Ota vs. Jacob Jett vs. Thomas Morgan Amazing Fire Fly vs. Casey Valentine © KC Glenn vs. Robbie Clavey

[B][U][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium Attendance: 2000[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Canadian Blondes[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Josh Jones and Edward Cornell [/B][/COLOR]in 5:46 when Flash Savage defeated Edward Cornell by submission with a Canadian Crab [SIZE="3"][B]D+[/B][/SIZE] [I]Not too bad of an opener here. Jones and Cornell seemed to do well as a team. Maybe this is another team in the making.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Lenny Brown[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Kendrick Kade[/B][/COLOR] in 6:11 by pinfall with The Star Treatment. [B]Lenny Brown wins the AW LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [I]This was just horrible all around. It was necessary though as I felt Lenny could have better matches with more people. I had been doing my best to get Kendrick some air time and matches to improve his skills, which he did. But he didn’t improve as much as I’d like. So Lenny gets the nod as the new king of the lower card. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring to welcome the crowd to Summer Scorcher. They run down the card for the night and really plug the main event. [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some good hype in the audience for the main event.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Amazing Fire Fly[/B][/COLOR] in 7:52 by submission. [B]Casey Valentine makes defense number 1 of his AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]This wasn’t a bad match to open our main show. I was happy with the outcome considering I threw a still relatively green Fire Fly in with a good but still young Casey Valentine.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage in front of the logo and cuts a promo. [B]“Last month Hugh de Aske tried to prove me wrong by interfering in my match with Trent Shaffer. Let me tell you something buddy. You didn’t prove ANYTHING to me. And apparently you disgusted the guy who was supposed to team up with you tonight. Kid Toma went to Japan and left you here without a partner. So I hope you remember what you did to me last month because I sure as hell haven’t. You’re going to get everything you have coming to you.” [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid promo here by Andrews. And I like what he did to “explain” Kid Toma’s absence. Toma did take a tour in Japan and was asked to report earlier. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]KC Glenn[/B][/COLOR] in 11:27 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]We had a fantastic match here that I had a lot of fun with. KC and I don’t have great chemistry but we definitely worked well. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ota[/B][/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] in 12:31; the order of elimination was Thomas Morgan first, then Jacob Jett, and finally Ota[B][SIZE="3"] C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]This wasn’t quite as good as I thought it was going to be but still a solid match for us. Tyler gets a boost for what I have in store for him. Jacob Jett also seemed to work better in the brawling aspect.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring without a partner and his match against Aaron Andrews and JD Morgan begins. But only two or three minutes in [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] comes running down and jumps on the ring as Hugh’s partner. [B][COLOR="Red"] Aaron Andrews and JD Morgan[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Hugh de Aske and Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] in 12:53 when [B]Aaron Andrews defeated Hugh de Aske by pinfall with a handful of tights [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic match here that had a lot of twists and turns. Hugh and Aaron got a hold of each other and tore the house down. This really helped their feud. The crowd seemed to be very happy after this. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo. [B]“Tonight I regain the belt that was STOLEN from me by Ryan Powell. Tonight I take him a little bit out of his element and put him into a ladder match. I’m gonna keep this very short and simple. I’m going out there to kick your ass and take back my belt.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]There was a lot of intensity in Trent for this promo that really got the crowd ready for the match.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ryan Powell[/B][/COLOR] in 15:19 when Trent Shaffer retrieved the item. [B]Trent Shaffer wins the AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]This was a great ladder match even though Ryan isn’t really known for his flying skills. No matter what this is one of our better matches this year and the crowd was just into it.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] is in the ring and holding the Heavyweight Title in the air as the fans go crazy when [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] comes from the back and gets into the ring with a microphone. Before saying anything he walks over and shakes Trent’s hand. He then backs off and speaks. [B]“I just wanted to be the first one to come out here and congratulate you on your victory. Five years ago I became the first AW Heavyweight Champion. In the past year I’ve watched you become an icon in this company. So I just wanted to come out here and say it would be an honor to wrestle you for that title next month. What do you say?” [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] Trent took the microphone and spoke his piece. [B]“To hear you say that to me means a lot. You in your own right are an icon here. In response to your challenge I say that it would be an honor to defend this title against you. Consider it done.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some solid build up to our next month’s main event.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: B-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]This was a great show for us and should have helped us out in the fan base. I have some good plans for things in the next few months and hope we can continue this trend.[/I]

In June we had a busy month as Hugh de Aske, Marv Earnest, Angela Morgan, Bret Graveson, Shane Stones, Angel de Mexico, Kendrick Kade, Casey Valentine, Tyler Chance, Erik Strong and Jacob Jett were all up for renewal. Luckily we didn’t have any contract issues with anyone and they were all brought back. Here are my notes from around the industry. [B] Recent News[/B] - “Lord of the Jungle” Leopard King debuted in the US and Mexico. His entrances are real eye catching as he swings in on a make shift vine. His actual in ring skills are brawl based and sub-par. - Jesse Gilbert went on a TV show and had a lot of good things to say about fellow CGCer Liberty. [B] Signings and Departures[/B] - Hell Monkey, UK Dragon, American Machine and Billy Tempest signed on to compete on PGHW’s next tour. - Rick Law, Cameron Vessey and Bulldozer Brandon Smith are a few guys that will be heading to Japan for WLW’s next tour. - Mr. Lucha II signed with MHW - Stone Yoshikawa signed with the Hinote Dojo - BLZ Bubb signed with CGC - Dan Dalay left CGC - Grease Hogg and Big Smakc Scott left CZCW [B] Title Changes[/B] - The Wizard of Ottawa won the 4C Hardcore championship for a second time - Christian Price won the CGC Canadian Title from Rick Law - Primus Allen defeated the departing Big Smack Scott for the Coastal Zone Championship - Donnie J captured the Coastal Zone Xtreme from Brendan Idol - American Elemental won the TCW International Title for the first time - Des Davids and Tom E. Hawk won the USPW Tag Team Titles

Marv and Ota came over around noon on the second of July for our monthly creative meeting. We started out by agreeing on some pizza for lunch and got that order in. Next I went on to my notes about the industry and economy. The economy was still on the rise but still very weak and at the same level as it was last month. The industry had gotten stronger since last month and was still gaining strength. Next Ota asked about our performance for the month, which I had been waiting for. I was happy to report to them that we had made almost 15k for the month with put our bank account up to $809,105. We had finally made our money goal set by Ota with six months to spare. This meant we could start running show in the Great Lakes again to try and get some popularity in a “foreign” area. As soon as I had broke that news I made a call and booked a show for two weeks from now. We all celebrated with a beer and then moved on to talking about the card for our July event, Something to Prove. We already had some solid plans going in and took a look at the guys we had available and came up with some stuff to fill out the card. At about 8 they left and I went to work on the flier. [B][CENTER][U]Photobucket Live from the War Memorial Auditorium[/U][/CENTER][/B] [B][U][SIZE="2"] Main Event – AW Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR] [/B]vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]Last month Trent Shaffer regained the AW Heavyweight Title in a hard fought ladder match against Ryan Powell. After his victory Tyler Chance came to the ring and out of respect challenged him to a match this month. Trent agreed and these two will square off in what should prove to be a fantastic match. [/I] [B][COLOR="blue"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ryan Powell[/B][/COLOR] [I]Just one month after losing the Heavyweight Championship to Trent Shaffer, Ryan Powell will be looking to get things turned back around as he takes on Jacob Jett. A win here would help to re-solidify Ryan as a contender for the title. Can he do that? Or will Jacob Jett get a huge win and defeat the reeling former champion?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"]AW Midwest Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]Young Casey Valentine defends the Midwest Title in what looks to be his hardest challenger yet. Hugh de Aske has been on a meteoric rise as of late. Can he take advantage of this big opportunity and win the title? Or will Casey Valentine get one of the biggest wins of his career?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Remmy Honeyman[/B][/COLOR] [I]Last month KC Glenn had a great match with Robbie Clavey but came up just a little short. This month he goes up against Remmy Honeyman in an attempt to regain some order in his career. Can KC get back on track? Or will Remmy get what many would call an upset win? [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR] [I]Erik Strong came to management and requested a match this month. He was given one against the fast rising Robbie Clavey. Can Erik rise to the challenge in front of him? Or will Robbie be able to notch another win to his belt? [/I] [B]Also scheduled to appear: AW LiveWire Champion Lenny Brown, Edward Cornell, Josh Jones, The Canadian Blondes and more! [/B] Tyler Chance vs. Trent Shaffer © Jacob Jett vs. Ryan Powell Hugh de Aske vs. Casey Valentine KC Glenn vs. Remmy Honeyman Erik Strong vs. Robbie Clavey

[B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Photobucket Live from the Asylum in the Great Lakes region on Tuesday Week 2 Attendance: 544[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome the crowd to the show and run down the card in store. They touch on the main event of Trent Shaffer defending his title against JD Morgan. [B][SIZE="3"] C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid response for the main event.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] drew with [COLOR="Blue"][B]Edward Cornell[/B][/COLOR] in 10:48 when the referee lost control and stopped the match [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another solid match up between Edward and I. We just always had fun in the ring and that helped our productivity. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] in 13:37 by submission. [B]Casey Valentine makes defense number 2 of his AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic match up here that sees Casey Valentine get a big win over Thomas Morgan heading into his defense against Hugh de Aske. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stood backstage and cut a promo on JD Morgan. He spoke about winning the title back and how he wasn’t letting it go so easily. He said he at least wanted to defend it against Tyler Chance in two weeks at Something to Prove.[B][SIZE="3"] B-[/SIZE][/B] [B]A fantastic promo by Trent here. Great crowd response.[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan [/B][/COLOR]in 20:12 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. [B]Trent Shaffer makes defense number 1 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]A[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [I]I stood in shock and awe as I watched this match from just behind the curtain. These two men went out and put on without a doubt the best match by far that has ever happened inside an AW ring. The crowd was hot and loud through the entire match as Trent and JD traded near falls and kicked out of each other’s finishers.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Overall Rating: B-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I] Our best match ever helped to solidify this event as one of our strongest of the year and it was in a less popular region for us. Trent and JD will be getting a personal gift from me in the form of I don’t know what yet for putting on such a wonderful spectacle inside the ring. [/I]

[B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Photobucket Saturday Week 4 Live from the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region Attendance: 2000[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Edward Cornell and Josh Jones[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]The Canadian Blondes[/B][/COLOR] in 6:57 when Edward Cornell defeated Flash Savage by pinfall [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic tag match here that sees the team of Edward Cornell and Josh Jones get a nice win to help them get a bit more over. Edward looked really good.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"] Lenny Brown[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Nomad[/B][/COLOR] in 4:53 by pinfall with The Star Treatment. [B]Lenny Brown makes defense number 1 of his AW LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not very good at all. The crowd was already hyped coming into the night so this really brought them down from their high. Hopefully Lenny will start producing better matches with the belt around him. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring to welcome everyone to Something to Prove. They run down the card and really hype the main event where Tyler Chance challenges Trent Shaffer for the Heavyweight Title [SIZE="3"][B]C-[/B][/SIZE] [I]Some good hype for our card tonight.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated[COLOR="Blue"] [B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] in 4:37 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A surprisingly great match here as Erik and I tore the house down in the opener. We just clicked and the match flowed nicely. I’d love to work with him again and probably will.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage in front of the AW logo curtain and cuts a promo. [B]“Just two weeks ago I was involved in one of the best matches not only in AW history, but in my own career. In front of five hundred fans I defended my title against JD Morgan and came out victorious. Now just two weeks later I get the chance to step into the ring with an icon of this company and defend my title against him. That man is Tyler Chance. Tonight might very well top what I did two weeks ago at the Asylum but if it doesn’t, who cares? I will be standing across the ring from one of the best pure athletes in the business today. May the best man win.” [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic promo by Trent here to hype up the main event. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Remmy Honeyman[/B][/COLOR] in 6:14 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another solid midcard match here as KC Glenn regains some momentum by defeating Remmy Honeyman. I told both men they did well tonight when they got to the back. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring before his match and cuts a promo. He goes on about how KC Glenn has finally given up on his quest to prove he is the better man. KC Glenn lost the title and knows he could never win it back so he has moved on. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good work by Casey here. The crowd is really starting to accept him, [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] in 13:12 when Casey Valentine was disqualified when [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] ran in and attacked Hugh de Aske [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A very nice match here that saw the interference by Aaron Andrews. It was a nice match all together as well.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] exits the ring and retreats as [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] stays and continues his beat down on Hugh de Aske. The crowd really lays into him as he does. He finally drops him with the Omega Driver and stands over the fallen pirate. [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some more good build up in the program.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] in 13:31 by submission after blatantly cheating [SIZE="3"][B]C+[/B][/SIZE] [I]Another fantastic match here that the crowd could really get into. Jacob is still improving in his brawling abilities. Katie did some good work at ringside too.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage holding his head and cuts a promo on Aaron Andrews. [B]“You know Andrews I’m getting really sick of you jumping me from behind. I think its time you and I settled our beef once and for all. If you are half the man you say you are you’ll show up and face me inside a steel cage next month. Pay up on your insurance because I bloody guarantee that you’ll be spending the night in the hospital.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Some good intense promo work by Hugh here that the crowd seemed to enjoy.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] in 25:43 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. [B]Trent Shaffer makes defense number 2 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A great main event here as Trent and Tyler take each other to the limit and get the crowd going. There were too many believable near falls to count and the crowd was on their feet for both men the entire match.[/I] After the bell, Trent takes his title belt and walks over to Tyler Chance and offers his hand. Tyler accepts in and holds on as he pulls Trent in and hugs him. They separate after a few seconds and Tyler raises Trent’s arm in the air and presents him as the winner to the crowd. But suddenly he grabs Trent in a half dragon half tiger suplex and dumps him on his head. The crowd boos loudly as Tyler lays boots to the back of the fallen champion. They continue as he grabs the belt and climbs the ropes, holding it high in the air. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd was totally surprised by this turn, which is what I wanted. His turn seemed to be a complete success and should really help us down the road.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: C+[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]Another great show for us that should help us get more fans. The main event was good and everything else was either better or just as good. It was an all around good card and some guys really broke out. [/I]

Aside from running our Rush Hour show again we only had one contract to renew. Cameron Vessey hasn’t been used very much lately but I knew he was still valuable. He had also broke his ankle a week or two ago. He was only going to be out for a little over a month total so we went ahead and resigned him. TV networks were in their negotiations for new shows so I sent out some of our prior shows to a few networks in hopes we might get our first weekly TV show. Now these are the notes I have from around the industry. [B] Recent News[/B] - “The Suicide Kid” Maxwell Bleak entered the business across the pond. He relies on his insane acrobatics to get over and is extremely sloppy in other basic skills. - Jaguar Endo ended her career. She had no title reigns to her name and is 34. - Raul Hughes also retired. He made news when he walked out of BHOTWG to form INSPIRE. His claims to fame were a run as the Burning Hammer Champion, two reigns as the King of Fighters in INSPIRE and being ranked in the Pro Wrestling Hits magazine top 100 three separate times. - Annie Hitch**** really put over Kathy Neptune on the radio. - Jared Johnson and Thomas Morgan have been having problems backstage at our shows. I’m going to call them up and see if I can help amend the problems a little bit. - Our own Marv Earnest knows who to make friends with as he has been getting along with Stomper over in NYCW. - Nomad has been causing problems backstage in CGC as he and Skull DeBones have been sharing words. - SWF, GCG and PGHW all signed new PPV deals with Public Access Select, Emperor Choice and J-Remote 1 respectively. [B] Signings and Departures[/B] - Quick Kick Nakao signed with BHOTWG. - Taheiji Konoe signed with WLW. - Frederique Antonio Garcia left 4C. - American Buffalo left SWF [B] Title Changes[/B] - Thomas Morgan and Dirty Frank became the CGC Tag Team Champions - Steven Parker captured the DAVE Brass Knuckles Title - Shooter Sean Deeley won the NOTBPW Canadian Title - One of my former training partners in “The Anarchist” Arik Cannon climbed atop the TCW mountain when he defeated Tommy Cornell for the TCW World Heavyweight Title - Art Reed and lead belly dethroned The Darkness Warriors as TCW Tag Champions

Marv and Ota came over to my apartment on the first of the month for our monthly creative meeting. We started of by discussing my notes about the state of the industry and economy. Both were still on the rise. The economy seemed a bit stronger than last month and the industry was still the same. Interest in the industry was really getting up there as we had turned away nearly a thousand fans wishing to buy tickets. I brought up the idea of selling tickets online at the time the card was announced. They both liked the idea and we agreed to do it. I’d set a PayPal account up for us that night. Next I moved on to our performance for the month. We made a little less than 14k for the month even after holding an extra show. That really made our nights. We’d continue the extra show and maybe try to find a new day to hold it that didn’t conflict with bigger companies to try and maximize attendance and available talent. We moved on to discuss the August show. It was time to start getting things into motion for our biggest show of the year, Road to Glory. We spent a lot of time discussing where we wanted to head with our main event for 2013 and tossed around some possible names for the eight man tournament. That brought me to my new idea. I presented the idea of having a small yearly four man tournament for our young guys to compete in. Ota and Marv seemed to like the idea and we decided to go with it. It was a late night for us, getting done with our brainstorming at around 1 AM. I decided not to work on the PayPal account or the flier until the next morning. [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]AW Center Stage Live from the War Memorial Auditorium [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Adrenaline Wrestling will be debuting a new concept this month as four of our young talents will battle it out in the first annual Diamond in the Rough Tournament. There will be a total of three matches in this tournament with the winner gaining the “Young Lion” entry into the 2012 Road to Glory tournament! The four men taking part will be: Edward Cornell, Nomad, Jared Johnson and Kendrick Kade. One other participant for December’s tournament will be announced as well! Not only this but after the shocking events at the end of last month’s event, Tyler Chance has stated he will be at the show to address the situation. What will this AW original have to say about his actions? [B][U][SIZE="2"] Main Event – Steel Cage Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] [I]These two men have been in a heated feud for months now. Aaron Andrews has seemed to bring out a more intense side of Hugh de Aske, whom requested this match. Hugh has given his word that Aaron will be leaving the ring en route to a hospital. Can he make good on his word? Or will the youngster come up short?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"]AW Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]After a hard fought match last month against Tyler Chance, Trent Shaffer will put his title on the line against another one of the AW original roster members in Ota. Trent will probably have some pent up aggression inside after the brutal attack Tyler Chance gave him last month. Will he channel that and use it to beat Ota? Or will it cause distraction and cost him the title he fought so hard to get back?[/I] [B] Also featuring the surprise first round matches and the final in the Diamond in the Rough Tournament.[/B] [B]Also scheduled to appear: AW LiveWire Champion Lenny Brown, AW Midwest Champion Casey Valentine, KC Glenn, Robbie Clavey and more![/B] Hugh de Aske vs. Aaron Andrews Ota vs. Trent Shaffer © The Diamond in the Rough tournament featuring: Edward Cornell, Nomad, Jared Johnson and Kendrick Kade

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from The Asylum Tuesday Week 2 August Attendance: 530[/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer [/COLOR][/B]comes out to welcome the fans to the show and thanks them for coming out. He goes on to speak about how it was an honor to do what he did last month and defend the title in one of the best matches of his career. At the mention of the match [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan[/B][/COLOR] saunters out to a chorus of boos and the two begin exchanging words. Morgan claims he could beat Trent if given another chance so Trent accepts and they will be squaring off in the main event! [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid way to announce re-match from last month.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Josh Jones[/B][/COLOR] in 7:37 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Josh and I still don’t have normal chemistry together but we can still work through a match and come out just fine. I wanted to give the kid some more time in the ring with an experienced worker so he could improve. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring and gets on the microphone. He complains about being at The Asylum which draws some cheap heat from the crowd. Next he goes on to complain about having to defend his title against a man debuting in the company. He says when he came in he had to earn his way to the title and that’s what he did. Casey says he’s going to beat some respect into his opponent. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good promo by Casey here as the cheap hit on the crowd worked to get him heat.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Mikey James[/B][/COLOR] in 7:22 by pinfall. [B]Casey Valentine makes defense number 3 of his AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic match in Mikey’s debut. I felt our midcard was lacking a bit and decided to bring Mikey in. I had been keeping an eye on him from RIPW and Brendan Idol, his partner there, had been asking me to bring him in during his stay with us. He did good in his debut.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands in the back and cuts a promo on JD Morgan. He says that tonight won’t be any different than last month as he will walk out with his belt intact. He tells JD Morgan he is a worthy adversary but he comes up just a bit short. [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]More good stuff from Trent on the stick.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan[/B][/COLOR] in 19:43 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. [B]Trent Shaffer makes defense number 3 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not as good as their match last month but still great none the less. The crowd was really into the match the whole way and some were even getting behind Morgan. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: C+[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]Another great show for us away from home. At this rate we should be able to gain a fan base here quickly and be able to move on to another area to increase our fan base. That wouldn’t be for some time, but it was food for thought. [/I]

[B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Photobucket Live from the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region Saturday Week 4 August Attendance: 2000 [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Mark Smart[/B][/COLOR] in 3:24 by pinfall with a Half and Half Suplex [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A squash win for our new main event heel.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Amazing Fire Fly[/B][/COLOR] in 5:48 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Even with Fire Fly off tonight we put on a good match in the pre-show. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring to welcome the crowd and run down the card. They plug the main event pitting Aaron Andrews and Hugh de Aske inside a steel cage. They then announce that the first official participant for the 2012 Road to Glory will be former Road to Glory winner [B]FRANKIE PEREZ[/B]! [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Our standard opening that sees a little hype from the crowd.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] is backstage with the Midwest Title when [COLOR="Blue"][B]KC Glenn [/B][/COLOR]approaches. KC says he hasn’t forgotten about Valentine and that he wants another shot at the Midwest Title. Casey initially declines but when KC says he’ll drop it if he gets one more match the two agree to meet later on. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not bad as we set up another match for the evening.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Nomad[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Kendrick Kade[/B][/COLOR] in 3:55 by submission [B]to advance to the finals of the Diamond in the Rough Tournament [SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Yeah, horrible here in the opening match of the DitR tournament but I never expected anything great. Crowd seemed a bit disappointed. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring to a huge chorus of boos and grabs the microphone. [B]“You know ever since last month I’ve had phone calls and emails pouring in. I’ve had people on the street stopping me. Each and every one of them want to know one thing; why? Why did I attack Trent Shaffer? Why did I turn my back on the fans? I’ll tell you why. Because I listened to all of you for five years and it got me NOWHERE. You fans don’t put meals on my table! You fans don’t pay for auto repairs when my car breaks down. You don’t pay for my rent or my cell phone! All you people do is sit out here and demand MORE. Winning in this business is what pays for all of those things. And in case you haven’t noticed I haven’t done much of that while I’ve been listening to you. All of that is going to change. Because starting right now I’m doing business for me. Not for any of you piss ants! And my first mission is to bury Trent Shaffer and take the title that I made famous!” [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A very nice intense promo by Tyler here. The crowd really rode him. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Jared Johnson[/B][/COLOR] in 4:44 by submission [B]to advance to the finals of the Diamond in the Rough Tournament [SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Better than the other first round but still not great.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]KC Glenn[/B][/COLOR] in 9:12 by submission. [B]Casey Valentine makes defense number 4 of his AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another great match in their series. Too bad that this would be the one to close it for now. Both men have benefited from it.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo in front of our hanging logo. [B]“You know I’ve been through this business and seen a lot of things. But I have never seen anything like what Tyler Chance has done. Tyler, I always looked up to you since this company opened. But now I look down at you and see you for what you really are. A man who gave these people a horrible excuse. We all know that without the fans there wouldn’t be shows. And without shows we wouldn’t get paid. So I’m not sure what your problem is exactly but you need to get your act straight or I’m going to have to beat it straight.” [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Once again, Trent proves his worth on the stick.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Nomad[/B][/COLOR] in 8:58 by submission. [B]Edward Cornell wins the Diamond in the Rough Tournament and the second spot in the 2012 Road to Glory Tournament [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match here to close out our first lower card tournament. Both men did very well here.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ota[/B][/COLOR] in 13:51 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. [B]Trent Shaffer makes defense number 4 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match for our pre-main event. Ota and Trent work well enough together and it showed. This seemed to pick the crowd up. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] in 17:36 by pinfall with a Skull And Cross Bones [B][SIZE="3"]B+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic match here to close out the feud. These two went all out in the cage and really made this an awesome match. The crowd really got into it and went NUTS when Hugh got the win.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Overall Rating: B-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]A GREAT show here. My guys continue to step up to the plate and deliver big as we are in a critical growth period. We used a lot of talent this month so we might not have made as much money, but should still be in the black for the month.[/I]

August wasn’t much of a busy month but it was important. Aaron Andrews, Thomas Morgan, Remmy Honeyman and Katie Cameron were all up for renewal. Aaron Andrews was the important one of the bunch. He did want a little pay increase, but he still wasn’t an overly expensive talent and we’d still be able to afford him. One surprise was Thomas Morgan as he asked for a large pay increase. We agreed to pay it to him as well as the downside he requested, but I’m not sure how long we’ll keep him around. He’s a solid talent but is getting close to forty and hasn’t to a level he should have been able to. I might cut him loose. We did renew everyone and brought Mikey James on as well. I had also sent promo tapes out to some TV networks but they still weren’t interested. Here are my notes from around the industry. [B]Recent News[/B] - John “The Silencer” Snyder debuted this month. He looks like a brawler and that’s what he is. He has a background in the armed forces and has the potential to improve in other areas. - Alex Braun retired from the business at age 51. He was a two time RPW Champion, a four time Dave Tag Team Champion with partner Tank Bradley and a four time DAVE Brass Knuckles Champion. - Giant Redwood called it quits at age 47. He held the USPW World Title four times and the USPW National Title once. - MPWF and DAVE signed new PPV deals with Seleccion Mexico and USA Free Choice respectively. [B] Signings and Departures[/B] - Jack Griffith and Adam Matravers are among the names announced for the new GCG tour. - Valiant left CGC when they didn’t renew him. [B]Title Changes[/B] - The unlikely duo of Skull DeBones and Ricky DeColt won the CGC Tag Team Titles - Chance Fortune defeated Aric Eisen for the SWF World Heavyweight Title - Stevie Grayson defeated Marc Dubois to win the TCW Intercontinental Championship - Tom E. Hawk won the USPW National Title - American Machine won the USPW World title

Marv and Ota came over to my apartment on the third of October for our monthly creative meeting. We started out as usual. The industry had gotten stronger and was still rising as the economy was still getting stronger too. Next I reported we had made 16k this month. We were extremely happy with this. We liked the idea of having Tuesday shows for Rush Hour and decided to keep that the same as Trent could make the shows and help. We also spent time discussing Road to Glory a little more and talked about bringing in a total of four outsiders to go with four of our own. We then talked about our plans for our September show. We had a lot of places we could go and a lot of solid matches that could keep our show quality steady. So at around 8 PM everyone left and I went to work updating our website and drawing up fliers for the area. [B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the War Memorial Auditorium in the Midwest Region[/CENTER][/B] [B][U][SIZE="2"] Main Event – AW Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ryan Powell[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]This month former champ Ryan Powell cashes in his rematch clause after losing the title to Trent. Trent is coming of a successful defense against Ota and has momentum in his favor as the champion. Can he continue his reign? Or will Ryan Powell become a two time champion?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Thomas Morgan[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] [I]Just two months removed from his shocking attack on Trent Shaffer, Tyler Chance looks to continue making an impact with his new found attitude as he faces Thomas Morgan. Thomas is looking for a big win to turn his career around and this would be HUGE. Can he defeat Tyler? Or will the former Heavyweight Champion continue his trek toward another reign? [/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"]Entry into the 2012 Road to Glory Tournament[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ota[/B][/COLOR] [I]After a huge victory inside a steel cage against Aaron Andrews last month at Center Stage Hugh de Aske looks to take his career to a new level by winning an entry into the Road to Glory for the second year in a row. Can he do that? Or will the veteran Ota use his ring prowess to enter again? [/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"]Special Attraction Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR] [I]This month Jacob Jett and Robbie Clavey will square off inside the ring in what should be a fine match. Can Jacob Jett take home a victory? Or will Robbie get a big win over the AW original?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="2"]AW Midwest Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] Josh Jones vs. Casey Valentine © [I]Casey Valentine puts his Midwest Title on the line against new comer Josh Jones. Can Casey keep his title? Or will Josh score the upset? [/I] [B]Also: Another name for the Road to Glory will be announced![/B] [B]Also scheduled to appear: AW LiveWire Champion Lenny Brown, Edward Cornell, Nomad and many more![/B] Ryan Powell vs. Trent Shaffer © Thomas Morgan vs. Tyler Chance Hugh de Aske vs. Ota Jacob Jett vs. Robbie Clavey Josh Jones vs. Casey Valentine ©

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the Asylum in the Great Lakes Region Tuesday Week 2 September Attendance: 624[/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring to welcome the fans to the show. They announce that after a fan poll on the AW website there will be a final rematch of Trent Shaffer and JD Morgan in a two out of three falls match for the AW Heavyweight Championship! [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]We put up a poll for our fans in the Great Lakes region and this is the response we got. We listen to our fans so they get this match. [/I] [B][COLOR="red"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Valentine[/B][/COLOR] in 1:45 by pinfall with a Stemcell Research [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A squash win for Tyler here as I wanted him to get some heel heat with our fans here too. He did just that and looked REALLY good doing it. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Mikey James[/COLOR][/B] defeated[COLOR="Red"][B] Nomad[/B][/COLOR] in 5:45 by pinfall [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid victory for our new comer here. I want to get him used to our style of wrestling and phase him in to our main shows.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] in 11:28 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver[B][SIZE="3"] C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic midcard match here as myself and Erik still have good chemistry in the ring. The crown seemed to like the match.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo on JD Morgan. He says he’s beaten him twice before her at the Asylum and he’ll do it again tonight. He once again states that JD is a worthy opponent, but he just doesn’t have what it takes. [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Solid promo work as always.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan[/B][/COLOR] in 22:46 by two straight falls, with the final fall happening by pinfall after a Heart Burn. [B]Trent Shaffer makes defense number 5 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another AWESOME match from these two here. The crowd was hot once again and really into it.[/I] As Trent celebrates in the ring [COLOR="Red"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] runs down and attacks from behind. He lays a beating on Trent and then levels him with a steel chair. To add more pain he then lands a half and half suplex onto the chair and stands over the champion. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd seemed a little bit confused as to why this happened, but hopefully they’ll catch on.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Overall Rating: B-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I] Another great show for us away from home. There was an increase in attendance from last month which is great news. We used a lot of expensive talent this show and it seemed to pay off.[/I]

Archived