Adrenaline Wrestling - A New Beginning (CornellVerse)

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from The Asylum in the Great Lakes Region Tuesday Week 2, March 2013 Attendance: 754[/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome everyone to Rush Hour. They run down the card and announce that JD Morgan will be challenging Hugh de Aske for the Heavyweight Title. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Average segment here to announce our main event.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Raphael[/B][/COLOR] in 4:45 by pinfall with an East Atlantic Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid opener here as Edward Cornell continues to perform well. Raphael has also improved quite a bit since coming here. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring and gets on the stick. [B]“So I was sitting in the back and had my gear, yet I wasn’t booked. So I’m issuing an open challenge to anyone who is in the same predicament.”[/B] After a few moments, [B][COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] emerges from the back in his gear and enters the ring. [B]Challenge: [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE] Acceptance: [SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Solid work here by myself. Erik isn’t over enough to get a good reaction. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] in 6:46 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [B]A fantastic match between myself and Erik that the crowd really got into. The crowd gave us a “This is awesome.” Chant. [/B] After the match, [COLOR="Blue"][B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] is about to head to the back, but I grab a microphone and call him back. [B]“You know Erik both of us have been here since this company opened. From day one you’ve done nothing but work your ass off to better yourself. What you just did was take me to the limit. Six years ago I don’t know if you could have done that. But tonight you did and for that I think you deserve this recognition. You are one hell of a worker and I’m sure these fans wouldn’t mind having you back.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another good piece of stick work from me. I do believe Erik is a solid worker and I wanted to give him recognition. This also helps to set up something for Ground Zero.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kid Toma[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] in 11:18 by pinfall with a Long Range Headbutt [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Kid Toma gets some more action, but the match was a little below what I expected.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage with his newly won Heavyweight Title and cuts a promo. His head is bandaged. [B]“I told Tyler last month that he shouldn’t take me lightly and look what happened. I pinned him in the middle of the ring and won the AW Heavyweight Title. Then that bastard attacked me from behind and split my skull open that required five stitches. This won’t go by without retaliation. You see I have a plan, but it doesn’t involve a physical attack. It involves humiliating Tyler publicly. Tonight though I go up against JD Morgan in my first defense. I am going to prove to all the naysayers that my victory was not a fluke. I’m going to walk out of here with my title.” [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good promo by our new champion.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan[/B][/COLOR] in 16:58 by pinfall with a Cut-Throat Driver. [B]Hugh de Aske makes defense number 1 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid main event to cap off the show. JD and Hugh still don’t communicate well but they have enough skill to bring the match through. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Orange"]C[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]A perfectly acceptable show in our home away from home here. Attendance was down this month because I didn’t have any matches to advertise. Nobody could give me a for sure commitment and I didn’t want to advertise someone who was going to end up not showing.[/I]

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was sitting in my living room at about 1 AM watching "Saving Private Ryan" with my dog Jack when my cell phone rang. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. It was Ota. This seemed strange to me because I knew he was working the TCW show and always goes straight to sleep after the show is over. I hit the send button and answered. Me: Hello? Ota: Rob, good to hear you. This set something off in my head. Me: I guess so, what's up? Ota: Rob I'm in a hospital in Virginia. My heart sank. Me: What happened? Are you alright? Ota: Not really. I got injured in my match tonight. Even though we had had our differences I still felt for the guy. Me: Oh my god, what happened? Ota: Well, Zimmy Bumfhole and I were doing a tombstone piledriver reversal spot where we do backbends teasing who is going to hit the move. The plan was for us to keep doing this all the way across the ring until we spilled up and over the top rope. Everything went fine until we went over. I fell back first onto the apron. My mind filled with the possible injuries. It had to be a broken back. Me: That's horrible. What did you hurt? Nothing could have prepared me for what he told me. Ota: The doctor says early X-Rays and MRIs shows a partially severed spinal column. I gasped and went silent. Me: Oh my God...will you ever... I trailed off. I couldn't ask it. Ota: He doesn't know if I'll be fully active in the ring again. But he says there's a very good chance I'll walk again. Thank God for that. I breathed a sigh of relief. At least he was going to walk again. Me: That's good to hear man. Listen get some sleep. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium Saturday Week 4, March 2013 Attendance: 2000[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome another sold out crowd to Ground Zero. They run down the card and officially let everyone know about Ota’s injury. And taking his place in tonight’s four corner survival will be Kid Toma [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good opening segment.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Valentine[/B][/COLOR] in 1:38 by pinfall with a Half and Half Suplex [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]As good as I could expect from a squash. Tyler came out looking really good. [/I] [B]Robbie Clavey[/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Lenny Brown[/B][/COLOR] in 4:41 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match here for me and Lenny as I needed some momentum and figured we could put on a good match.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Ángel De México[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Nomad[/B][/COLOR] in 4:40 by pinfall with a Mexican Death [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another solid match to close out our pre-show. Angel and nomad worked good together.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Turner[/B][/COLOR] in 6:38 by pinfall with an East Atlantic Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good way to open our main show as Edward looks good in the match. Nomad did well too.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Edward Cornell [/COLOR][/B]is thanking the fans for their support when [COLOR="Red"][B]Lenny Brown[/B][/COLOR] comes through the crowd and jumps him from behind. The crowd erupts in boos as the beat down continues. Eventually Lenny Brown leaves Edward down and retreats to the back. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]These two are getting the crowd more involved and it makes me happy. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] defeated[COLOR="Red"][B] Remmy Honeyman[/B][/COLOR] in 8:06 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic match between these two young guys. The crowd was really into it and happy when KC got the win.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage holding his ribs and cuts a promo. [B]“You know Lenny I’m getting real sick of your ****. For the last four months you’ve attacked me from behind and that makes you look like a coward. So I’m issuing the challenge right now. Face me next month one on one for the LiveWire Title. Prove what kind of a man you are.” [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [B]Solid promo by Edward here. He finally issues the challenge to Lenny after months of build.[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Mikey James[/B][/COLOR] in 10:46 when [B]Mikey James was knocked out. Casey Valentine wins the AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic match for these two as they really played out their hatred. The finish came when Casey nailed Mikey with a chair and then dumped him onto it with a Saito Suplex that knocked him out. Referee Bret Graveson called the match at that point.[/I] Casey is handed the Midwest Title, but drops it and walks over to the fallen Mikey James. He helps him to his feet and steadies him before extending his hand for a handshake. As Mikey comes to Casey pulls back, throws up his middle finger and yells “F*CK YOU” before superkicking him. As Casey goes to further the attack, [B][COLOR="Blue"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] comes running down and slides into the ring. Casey turns around and gets caught by a right hand. Robbie whips him off the ropes and nails a back body drop. Casey slides out of the ring and retrieves his belt as Robbie removes his shirt and yells at Casey, begging for him to get back into the ring. Attack: [SIZE="3"][B]D[/B][/SIZE] Save: [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]And my long time coming face turn is complete. The crowd responded really well to it, which made it that much better. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan[/B][/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] and [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kid Toma[/COLOR][/B] in 16:49; the order of elimination was Thomas Morgan first, then Kid Toma, and finally JD Morgan[B][SIZE="3"] C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not quite as good as I expected but still solid. Trent Shaffer gets the victory and JD Morgan has a good showing.[/I] Backstage, [B][COLOR="Blue"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] sits in the locker room when [COLOR="Red"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] comes in. [B][COLOR="Red"]“Robbie. I’m glad I found you. Listen I know you’ve got some pull around here and I want a rematch against Hugh de Aske for the Heavyweight Title. Come on man. Help me out here.” [/COLOR][/B] Robbie gets to his feet and laughs before speaking. [B][COLOR="Blue"]“You know Tyler we’ve known each other for a long time. You came here and helped me out when I started this company. For that I thank you. But you know me. I’m all about earning your shots. And you’ve done nothing to earn your rematch. I know what you’re going to say. You want to use your rematch clause. Well I decided that after your attack on Hugh you voided that clause. So I’m going to have to deny your request until you prove to me you deserve it.”[/COLOR][/B] Tyler gets an angry look on his face and walks to the door. [B][COLOR="Red"]“Looks like I’ll have to take care of things myself then.”[/COLOR] [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid segment here that helped solidify me as a new babyface. It also sets the stage for more in the Tyler/Hugh program. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] in 19:43 by pinfall with a Cut-Throat Driver. [B]Hugh de Aske makes defense number 2 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B+[/SIZE][/B] [I]The show is capped off with a fantastic main event. The crowd was up for most of the match and really rooting for Hugh. Aaron wasn’t completely hated though as he did have some fans rooting for him. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Green"]B-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]Our string of good shows continues here as the crowd was treated to something spectacular. Every match on the card turned out to be solid and was capped off by a great main event. We’ll have to see how we came out financially. [/I]

In the month of March we extended Cameron Vessey, Hugh de Aske and Marv Earnest. We also agreed in principle with Roderick Remus for him to make a return to AW, but he decided to ask for $1400 per appearance with a guarantee of $900 per month which was too extravagant for my pockets and his talent, so we nixed him. Here are my notes from around the industry. [B] Recent News[/B] - As quickly as they grew, DAVE felt the burden of a growing promotion and fell back to Cult size. Roster cuts came with it, which will be reported later. - Young Jin Miyamoto was forced into retirement at the age of 28 after a career of putting his body through hell caught up with him. He held the WLW Nationwide Championship on three occasions. - DAVE, NOTBPW, MPWF, MHW and CGC all signed new PPV deals with North America Prime Select, North America Prime Select, Seleccion Mexico, Seleccion Mexico and Public Access Select respectively. [B] Signings and Departures[/B] - Murderous Mikey signed with CGC - Knuckles signed with DAVE - Big Smack Scott signed with SWF - Rick Law and Bulldozer Brandon Smith will be touring with WLW - Angel de Mexico will tour with GCG - Air Attack Weasel, Jim Lou Freebush and our own Mikey James signed with NYCW - Joey Beauchamp, Lee Wright, King Kong Kennedy and Steve Gumble signed with CZCW - Honest Frank was signed to a developmental contract with SWF and joined RIPW. - Grimm Quibble signed with 4C - Marv Earnest didn’t renew with NYCW - Johnny Martin, Kurt Laramee, Shawn Gonzalez, Steve Gumble, Sgt. Bubba Lee West, The Silencer, Hector Galindo Hugh de Aske, Teddy Powell, Remmy Skye, Cat Jemson, Rock Downpour, R.M. Stones, Lois Hudson and Sam Keith were all released by DAVE after their failed International status [B] Title Changes[/B] - Jeremy Stone and Dan Stone Jr. won the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Tournament for the seventh time - Grandmaster Phunk, working as Danny B. Bling wasted no time in capturing gold as he became the SWF National Champion - Eric Eisen is still the boss’ son as he wins the SWF World Heavyweight Title for a third time - Marc Dubois won the TCW intercontinental Title for a third time - Freddie Datsun and Clinton Sage won the TCW Tag Titles

This month it was just Marv and I for our creative meeting. To start out we gave Ota a call at the hospital and wished him well. He wanted us to have a conference call for him to be involved, but we told him it wasn’t going to happen and that he needed to get his rest. We ended the call and got down to business. First I talked about the industry and economy. Both had gotten a bit stronger and were still gaining strength. Next I opened the finance book and noted we had made 10k for the month, which was solid profit for a company our size running two shows a month. As we began to ease into our plans for our next show I told Marv of my idea. I had felt a little remorse for taking advantage of Ota’s injury and absence with this, but knew if he had been there he would have shot it down. I told Marv that I had gotten a few emails over the last six months from guys who had either had minimal training or were looking to start training. I felt like it would be a good opportunity to find young talent before anyone else did and informed Marv that I was going to start training new guys. Marv brought up what Ota would say when he got back and I put him at ease by telling him I was going to do it personally. The costs would come out of my pocket (but really, everything was already coming out of my pocket) and the AW account wouldn’t be touched. He put up only a small objection after that and then caved. I had already sent emails to a handful of guys and informed them of my services. Next we began our talks about our April event, We’re No Joke. We had a LiveWire Title match for the show and could easily come up with a good main event. We talked for a while and filled in around everything with more matches and angle plans. At about six o’clock Marv left and I went to work updating the site and drawing up the flier. [B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the War Memorial Auditorium Saturday Week 4, April 2013[/CENTER][/B] [B][U][SIZE="3"] Main Event – AW Heavyweight Title[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kid Toma[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Hugh de Aske ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]Kid Toma has been on a tear since coming into AW and gets rewarded with a Heavyweight Title shot. Can he capitalize on it and walk out as the AW Heavyweight Champion? Or will Hugh de Aske continue his glory by successfully defending the belt?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] [I]Tyler is on a quest to avenge his loss to Hugh de Aske and regain the AW Heavyweight Title. After being denied a title shot last month, what does Tyler have in mind this month? Can Jacob Jett become the second youngster to get an upset victory over Tyler? Or will Tyler use his pent up aggression to get past Jett?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"] Non-Title[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] [I]Last month longtime AW worker Robbie Clavey came to the aide of Mikey James, who was being beaten down by the man that defeated him for the AW Midwest Championship. This month Robbie will get a piece of Casey in a non-title contest. Can Robbie put the Midwest Champion in his place? Or will Casey be able to fend him off?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] [I]KC Glenn gets a huge opportunity this week as he faces a star in Thomas Morgan. Can KC make good on this and get the big win? Or will Thomas prove he can still go?[/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"]AW LiveWire Title[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Lenny Brown ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]After months and months of being laid out by the LiveWire Champion, Edward Cornell as had enough and gets to inflict some revenge. Can he also capture the LiveWire Title? Or will Lenny Brown make another defense? [/I] [B]Also scheduled to appear: Josh Jones, Angel de Mexico, Nomad and more! [/B] Kid Toma vs. Hugh de Aske © Tyler Chance vs. Jacob Jett Robbie Clavey vs. Casey Valentine KC Glenn vs. Thomas Morgan Edward Cornell vs. Lenny Brown ©

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from The Asylum in the Great Lakes Region Tuesday Week 2, April 2013 Attendance: 885[/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome the crowd to Rush Hour. They run down the card for the evening and announce that Hugh de Aske will be defending the Heavyweight Title against Robbie Clavey and Tyler chance, Aaron Andrews and Jacob Jett will be going at it in a triple threat match. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not quite as much heat in the crowd as previous months. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Mark Smart[/B][/COLOR] in 5:59 by pinfall with an East Atlantic Driver [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]These two haven’t improved their in ring communication and it brought the match down. It didn’t help things that Mark Smart just wasn’t with it either. [B][COLOR="Red"][/I] Casey Valentine [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Antonio [/B][/COLOR]in 7:58 by submission. [B]Casey Valentine makes defense number 1 of his AW Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]I can always count on these guys to do good things for me. They have great chemistry and it really helps the flow of their matches. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] stands in the back and cuts a promo. He says that just because his request for a rematch was denied doesn’t mean he won’t get one. He tells Hugh de Aske that he is going to prove that Hugh is just a fluke and when they meet, Tyler will come out on top. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Solid promo by Tyler here.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] in 12:10 when Tyler Chance defeated Aaron Andrews by pinfall with a Half and Half Suplex [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not bad here as the crowd gets to see good action. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske [/COLOR][/B]cuts a promo backstage on Tyler Chance. He tells Tyler to quit talking out of his ass. He rips Tyler apart for being a sniveling coward that he used to despise. Hugh ends it by telling Tyler that he doesn’t sweat him. Even if Tyler gets his rematch Hugh is going to come out on top.[B][SIZE="3"] C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good promo by Hugh here as a response. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR] in 16:35 by pinfall with a Cut-Throat Driver. [B]Hugh de Aske makes defense number 3 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic main event to cap off the show here. Myself and Hugh worked well together and the crowd had a lot of fun with two faces in the main event.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Overall Rating: C+[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]Another good show in our home away from home. With the industry gaining more popularity and the ability to announce a couple of matches prior to the show, our attendance goes back up.[/I]

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium Saturday Week 4, April 2013 Attendance: 2000[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Jared Johnson[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Josh Jones[/B][/COLOR] in 3:43 by submission with a Carolina Crossface [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]This was better than I thought it was going to be. Even before Ota’s injury I had taken over the road agent duties and did the same here. I went over the match with these guys before hand and they executed perfectly.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Antonio[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Turner[/B][/COLOR] in 4:59 by pinfall with an Italian DDT [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Just what I expected here. These two have great communication in the ring and it helps them out. As with the previous match I helped these guys plan things out and they did well.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Nomad [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Ángel De México [/B][/COLOR]in 4:49 by pinfall C [I]Another really good pre-show match. I helped these guys as well and they did great to close out our pre-show.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring to welcome another sold out crowd to We’re No Joke. They run down the card and put over the main event pitting Kid Toma against Hugh de Aske for the AW Heavyweight Title [SIZE="3"][B]C-[/B][/SIZE] [I]Some good hype for the main event.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Lenny Brown[/B][/COLOR] in 8:50 by pinfall with an East Atlantic Driver. [B]Edward Cornell wins the AW LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match to open the in-ring portion of our main show. The program between these two continues as Edward gets his first taste of gold in AW. [/I] Backstage [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] walks out of the locker room and greets a couple of other workers when [COLOR="Red"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] comes out of nowhere and attacks him. He throws him into a wall and then gives him a running Yakuza kick before laughing and walking off. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]This segment was pulled off well and it really got the crowd interested in the program. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] in 10:50 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band [SIZE="3"][B]C[/B][/SIZE] [I]A huge win for KC here against the veteran. Thomas approached me last month and said he knew he wasn’t going to become the star I thought he was going to be and asked to put KC over. I respected his wishes here. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] in 11:47 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]B[/SIZE][/B] [I]I knew Casey and I and good chemistry but this surprised me. We went all out and had a tremendous match that is a sleeper for match of the night. [/I] After the match, [COLOR="Red"][B]Casey Valentine[/B][/COLOR] jumps me from behind and plants me with my own Backdrop Driver. He grabs his Midwest Title and holds it over my face saying I’ll never have it. [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A very good reaction from the crowd as they booed the crap out of Casey for it.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] in 13:31 by pinfall with a Stemcell Research [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match here to give Tyler a credible win. [/I] Backstage I hold me head in front of the logo banner and talk to Casey Valentine. [B]“Let me tell you something Casey. One thing that gets you far in this business is respect and it’s obvious to me that you don’t have any. Well you want some revenge for me beating you? Then take me on in a best of seven series. I guarantee you’re going to respect me after we’re done. And just to make things more interesting your Midwest Title is going to be on the line.”[/B] [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A great response for me as my face turn is in full swing with the fans already. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske[/COLOR][/B] defeated[COLOR="Blue"][B] Kid Toma[/B][/COLOR] in 17:08 by pinfall with a Cut-Throat Driver. [B]Hugh de Aske makes defense number 4 of his AW Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic main event that told a great story. That story was made even better with Hugh having to overcome a backstage attack from earlier in the night.[/I] Kid Toma leaves the ring and Hugh gets on the stick. [B]“Tyler I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You are nothing but a sniveling coward. You attacked me from behind and look. I still won my match. I’m still walking out of here with the title. I’ve proved to these fans that I’m not a fluke and by the time this is done, I’ll prove it to you too.” [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good and intense promo from Hugh to close out the show. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]B-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I] Another great show for us as the sold out crowds keep coming in. Things are going great for us and it’s just been a lot of fun living through this. [/I]

In April we had a few important contracts up for renewal. We brought Aaron Andrews, Katie Cameron, JD Morgan, Remmy Honeyman and Mikey James back for another nine months. Andrews requested a hundred dollar increase in his downside and a slight increase in base pay. He’s beginning to challenge Trent Shaffer as the highest paid member of our roster. One man that will be leaving us is Thomas Morgan. His desire to put KC Glenn over last month has become clear as he told me when I called him to negotiate he felt he could make more money elsewhere. Good luck to him wherever he may go. Here are my notes from around the industry. [B]Recent News[/B] - Cherry Bomb retired at the age of 37. She held AAA’s Femme Fatale Championship once in her career. [B] Signings and Departures[/B] - One of my buddies Billy Tempest will be touring with WLW - Rockin’ Ryan Turner signed with 4C - NYCW went on a signing spree as they brought in Snap Dragon, Hollywood Bret Star, Lenny Brown, Aristocrat and Edward Cornell. I’m always glad to see some of our guys go to other promotions because it increases their popularity there without me having to fail at running shows in other areas - Johnny Martin and The Silencer signed with MAW - Sgt. Bubba Lee West recovers after his short stint with DAVE by signing with RIPW - Hugh de Aske signed with PPG [B]Title Changes[/B] - The CGC Canadian Title was a hot potato as Slim V defeated Joe Gilbert and then lost the title back to him. - Mainstream Hernandez became a two time DAVE Brass Knuckles Champion when he defeated Façade - Ernest Youngman captured the NYCW Empire Championship that was left vacant with Ota’s injury - Dazzling Dave Diamond won the NYCW Tri-State Regional Title - The Natural defeated Davis Wayne Newton to become a six time NOTBPW Unlimited Action Champion - James Prudence defeated Jim Force for the PPG Wrestling Spirit Title - Steel won the SWF National Title. And they wonder why they’re struggling. - T-Rex defeated Elmo Benson to win the SWF North American Title

Marv came over for our creative meeting. This month Ota had been released from the hospital and was resting at home with care so we went ahead and allowed him to listen in on conference call. I began as I always do by talking about the industry and economy. Both were still about average and still on the rise. Next I moved on to report that we had made over 17k for the month, which was solid for how much talent we were paying. Next I had the duty of informing Ota about my business endeavor of training some guys for the business. I think it was his pain medication but he took it very well and listened without much fuss as I spoke of three individuals in particular. I was working with around ten guys three nights a week but these three were already standing out. Ota and Marv were interested as I ran down their builds. First we had a kid who was six foot seven and two hundred ninety pounds of solid mass. I had good feelings about him being our monster. Then I had two young guys who had ridiculous speed and agility. They were already showing heart for the business and were working really hard. It would still be plenty of time before they were ready to debut, but I felt they would be an integral part of our roster come 2014. Next we began talks for our May show. Our roster was a little shallow in our upper card and main event picture so finding a solid main event without repeating things was a little rough. But we finally came up with a card we were happy with and ended the meeting. After having some dinner I went to work updating the site and drawing up the flier. [B][CENTER]Photobucket Live from the War Memorial Auditorium Saturday Week 4 May 2013[/CENTER][/B] [B][U][SIZE="3"] Main Event[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske and Trent Shafer[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance and Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] [I]What could possibly be the three most dominating Heavyweight Champions in the company and a fourth in the making step into the ring for a tag team contest this month. Trent Shaffer will team up with reigning Heavyweight Champion Hugh de Aske to take on Aske’s adversary Tyler Chance and the longest reigning Heavyweight Champion to date. This has the makings of match of the year. Will Tyler Chance get a measure of revenge? Or will Hugh de Aske stay on top?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kid Toma[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]JD Morgan[/B][/COLOR] [I]Both of these men are looking for a victory to solidify their spot in the main event. Can JD Morgan regain his glory? Or can Kid Toma translate his success in other companies to the Midwest?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] KC Glenn[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] [I]Both of these young men have had their share of success in AW but have slipped into a funk as of late. They get the opportunity to show their stuff here when they go toe to toe. Which one can one up the other? [/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"]AW Midwest Championship Best of Seven Series[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] vs.[COLOR="Red"][B] Casey Valentine ©[/B][/COLOR] [I]After Robbie defeated Casey in a non-title match last month Casey went on the attack. Robbie challenged the champion to prove he can live up to his cowardly actions by facing him in a best of seven series. Can the new fan favorite upend the champion? Or will Casey take the early advantage? [/I] [B][U][SIZE="3"]AW LiveWire Championship[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Jared Johnson[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell ©[/COLOR][/B] [I]Jared Johnson gets a huge opportunity as he faces the new LiveWire Champion Edward Cornell for the LiveWire Championship. Can he take advantage and win the title? Or will Edward walk out with the title intact? [/I] [B]Also scheduled to appear: Nomad, Cameron Vessey, Erik Strong and more! [/B] Hugh de Aske and Trent Shaffer vs. Tyler Chance and Aaron Andrews Kid Toma vs. JD Morgan KC Glenn vs. Jacob Jett Robbie Clavey vs. Casey Valentine Jared Johnson vs. Edward Cornell

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live at The Asylum in the Great Lakes Region Tuesday Week 2 May 2013 Attendance: 828[/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome the fans to Rush Hour. They announce that in the main event Trent Shaffer will be taking on Aaron Andrews [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A great reaction to the main event.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Kendrick Kade[/B][/COLOR] in 3:42 by pinfall with an East Atlantic Driver. [B]Edward Cornell makes defense number 1 of his AW LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Edward really had to pull this average match out of Kendrick. Kendrick never developed into the guy I thought he could be. [/I] I come to the ring and say I’m pretty bored and am issuing an open challenge to anyone in the back that wants to wrestle me. After a few moments [COLOR="Red"][B]Nomad[/B][/COLOR] comes out and accepts my challenge. Challenge: [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] Acceptance: [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good reaction for me but Nomad isn’t over so it hurt the acceptance. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Nomad[/B][/COLOR] in 12:37 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid match from Nomad and myself here. I was extremely happy with the results. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo saying how [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] is going to be his first step on the rise back to the Heavyweight Title [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Aaron hasn’t been seen much in the Great Lakes and it hurt his promo. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer[/B][/COLOR] in 20:49 by pinfall with an Omega Driver [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]These guys still pull off good matches though they don’t communicate well in the ring. A great main event for us.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: C[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]Not quite as good as we have been doing here but still a very good show in our home away from home. I was pleased with it. [/I]

[B][CENTER]Photobucket Live at the SOLD OUT War Memorial Auditorium Saturday Week 4 May 2013 Attendance: 2000[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"] Pre-Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"] Ricky Turner[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Josh Jones[/B][/COLOR] in 4:48 by pinfall [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid opener here as these guys did great things for the little time they were given. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Ángel De México[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Mark Smart[/B][/COLOR] in 3:50 by pinfall with a Mexican Death[B][SIZE="3"] C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Another good pre-show match here. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Nomad[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] in 3:31 by pinfall [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]An average match to end our pre-show. [/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Marv Earnest and Angela Morgan come to the ring and welcome another sold out crowd to No Retreat, No Surrender. They run down the card and plug the main event of Hugh de Aske and Trent Shaffer taking on Aaron Andrews and Tyler Chance[B][SIZE="3"] C[/SIZE][/B] [I]There is some solid hype for the main event which is good. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Edward Cornell [/COLOR][/B]defeated[COLOR="Red"][B] Jared Johnson[/B][/COLOR] in 5:40 by pinfall with an East Atlantic Driver. [B]Edward Cornell makes defense number 2 of his AW LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]An average match here to give Edward another defense. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] in 12:24 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver. [B]Robbie Clavey wins the AW Midwest Championship and leads the best of seven series 1 - 0[SIZE="3"] B-[/SIZE][/B] Casey and I continue to do great things with each other in the ring. After the match I celebrate by taking my new title and jumping into the crowd to celebrate [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]This got a better reaction than I thought it would. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]KC Glenn [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jacob Jett [/B][/COLOR]in 11:12 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band C+ [I]A fantastic match from these guys. Katie Cameron continues doing good work at ringside. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo saying that tonight he is going to prove that he can still go with the best of him and hasn’t forgotten where he came from. He’s going to prove to the fans that he still belongs in AW. [B][SIZE="3"] B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good promo from Trent here. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]JD Morgan[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Kid Toma[/B][/COLOR] in 11:58 by submission with a Cross Atlantic Stretch [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not quite as good as I expected but solid still. I wanted to give JD a credibility increasing win and Kid Toma some ring time. Both were accomplished here. [/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] stands backstage and cuts a promo on Hugh de Aske saying that tonight Tyler is going to gain a measure of revenge by defeating him in the ring [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A solid promo by Tyler here as the crowd is really beginning to believe his heel act.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Tyler Chance and Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hugh de Aske and Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] in 23:39 when Aaron Andrews defeated Hugh de Aske by pinfall with an Omega Driver [B][SIZE="3"]B[/SIZE][/B] [I]A fantastic main event to cap off our show. These four guys worked their ass off and even though Trent voiced his displeasure in not winning, he did the job anyway. He didn’t even get pinned.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]Another good show by us but it was a little worse than what we had been cranking out. I thought it was good enough to keep our string of above average shows coming but this will do. [/I]

First off I'd like to thank everyone who follows my dynasty here. I have a question for all of you. With the release of TEW08 I'll be picking up a copy and was curious if you guys wanted me to continue with my dynasty or if you wanted me to start a new one with the '08 version. All of your comments are appreciated.

I'd go for start a new version. Not that there's anything wrong with the dynasty - its unique, with a good, varied roster. However, with the amount of changes you'd have to make to the database for things to work (when does Hugh de Aske debut, would you have to take Aaron Andrews off a written contract?), you'd end up altering the balance of the Cornellverse, and missing out on what it [I]should [/I]be like in 2008.

After some hard thinking, I've decided to start a new dynasty when 2008 comes out. I'm going to continue to play 2007 for my own enjoyment. I'd like to get my company to cult level. Thanks to everyone who kept on reading and drove me to play my longest TEW game ever. Hopefully my new dynasty will be just as good.

Archived