DAVE - Going Mainstream.

[IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/JonThunder/internet.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/JonThunder/DAVE.jpg[/IMG] Breaking news from DAVE, Phil Vibert has sold the company. This is a big shock to everyone after all the work he had put into the company. The main reason behind the sale was the fact ABC have cancelled their TV deal so at the end of January DAVE will be off air until they find a new TV contract. Nothing is yet known about the new owner other than what Phil Vibert said “I have taken DAVE far but the new owner will be able to take DAVE to the top of the ladder in my opinion. They have a great motivation to succeed and I wish them luck.” [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/JonThunder/PhilVibert.jpg[/IMG] Phil Vibert first came to the wrestling world's attention as "Harry Flash", one of North America's brightest young managers. However, it was in 1997, at the age of just 24, that his career really took off - that was the year that he gambled and used his own money to take over DAVE, who were on the verge of going out of business. He managed to turn the company around in record time, and it was under his guidance that the company had a meteoric rise to national fame. We will bring you the news on this surprise takeover before anyone else.

DAVE - Backstage meeting. [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/JonThunder/Nemisis.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/JonThunder/TheWolverine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/JonThunder/EmmaChase.jpg[/IMG] Nemesis, The Wolverine and Emma Chase are present. The new owner is not there and will talk via a conference call. There is a knock on the door and in walks Jon Thunder (me). I introduce myself to the rest of the guys. Nemesis does not look to happy to see me. I look over at Emma, wow she is hot. I sit right next to her. Wow she even smells nice. I look across from me and there is Wolverine in full make up. My background in wrestling I started out with a small British Indy fed that was called 21CW back in 2001 when I was 21. I was on the booking team and most of my ideas made 21CW into the second biggest British fed. I then left and went to the USA to follow my dreams and with a bit of luck I got a job at TCW TV Crew. It took me over a year at TCW to get into the booking room. However according to TCW fans poll for the year 2006 my idea of turning Troy Tornado to a heal and breaking up Painful Procedure was the biggest mistake the company had ever made. Soon after Tommy Cornell let me go. I had a mystery phone call this week offering me a job at DAVE I could not turn it down. So here we are the four of us sitting in a small white office that still had Phil Vibert name on the door. Then the phone rings and Emma accepts the incoming call. We all look at the screen hoping to see our new boss, all we see is someone who is wearing a mask of Tommy Cornell, not very funny I thought. Then they talk, their voice is disguised by TCW new toy talk like Tommy Cornell. Whatever next.... Right here it is guys, all of our PPV have been moved to the end of the month and they will now be held on Sundays. The main reason behind this is the fact I am working on getting us a PPV deal. We are losing our TV contract at the end of January and I expect us to have a new deal by March. I like the DAVE product at the moment, but I want us to go a little more mainstream. Everyone will keep their job in January, but it’s ok to give people different roles on the roster. Nemesis you will remain head booker, but Jon Thunder and Emma Chase will help you out. Wolverine I don’t want you helping out with bookings any more, I just want you to be a road agent working closely with the booking team. Before any of had a chance to reply to any of this the call was over. Nemesis - More mainstream, that’s not what DAVE is about, this is crazy it will never work. We will lose fans. A Tommy Cornell mask, what a freak, who the hell does he think he his. Emma - I think it’s a good idea, we need to do something to stop DAVE falling down anymore than it as done. I thought the mask was really funny.... Before I get to speak Emma and Nemesis both leave like I was not even there. Wolverine - That went well didn’t it Josh. Jon - Its Jon. Wolverine - Just a road agent, being a road agent is much harder than being in the booking team. Well catch you later Josh. I was all alone in the office, never have I felt so secluded, how was I going to get noticed? DAVE - December 2006 recap. It was a bad month for DAVE TV figures have fallen low. ABC told Phil Vibert that January would be the last month on the channel. Even in the Tri-State area DAVE have struggled to fill venues. I have never been to a DAVE event before and I have only seen them on TV, two times. I have a lot of catching up to do. So when I got home, I found myself on the net watching shows over the last year. How can I make my mark with DAVE?

My phone wakes me up it’s a phone call, I answer it. Nemesis - Where are you. Jon - What do you mean. Nemesis - Its Tuesday morning, bookers meeting. Jon - I was not told this. Nemesis - You never asked, now get yourself down here now. End of the call. I quickly get dressed run down from my apartment and get into my car. It took me 15 minutes to get there, not bad I thought. I run into DAVE HQ and into the booking office. Nemesis and Emma both sitting there waiting for me. Nemesis - Right lets get this meeting started Jon pitch us some ideas. Jon - Right first of all I think The School Of Tradition stable should go. Emma laugh’s. Nemesis - Do you even watch our shows, The School Of Tradition went in November dumb ass. I finally crack. Jon - NO I have not been watching your show, and that’s the problem. As anyone been watching your show? That’s why I have been hired, to help you out. Get people interested in DAVE again. Nemesis - That’s what I wanted to see, some passion. Jon - Emma Chase I don’t think you should be a commentator, I think you should be a manager again. That’s your strong point. Nemesis - That’s a great idea and I support that. We need to look for a new Colour Commentator. Emma - Do I get a say in this? Jon/Nemesis - NOOOOO! The rest of the meeting goes well. We all put across some good ideas. I am not going to tell you what they are. You will have to wait till the shows………..

Archived