Is it just me or is this guy the greatest ever fighter!! In my game he started off not to great, but now he has went on a 13 match unbeaten run, 7 of them as HW champ! So the matchups were intense! What makes his acheivements even bigger is that he moved up from LHW where he was average! In the list of victims you get Banks, Kikuchi, Potter, Oktay, Foster, Boyer, Letoussier, and Fezzik.............twice!

Wow, he is really rolling in your career. He hasn't moved up to HW or shown any interest to in my ALPHA-1 game, but I'm hoping he will because I can't make him lose! Maybe I could wear him down by having him fight every time he's ready on the day, but apart from that I'm running out of options. I don't even know who to put in there against him next. I'm going to have to find someone to either move up in weight or move down. He's doing fantastic for me. So yes, I think he's one of the best. Gabriel Gallego has been unstoppable for me so far as well, so I think he's up there. I played about a year with GAMMA and seemed to have title changes every defense, and now I'm now 10 months in with ALPHA-1 and have not had a single title change yet. They have some nasty champs! Middleweight seems like their weakness, but I'm trying to keep it in the guys' hand until I can drop it to Andrew Rush when I try to make my push in England.

He's pretty nice! He's 19-3 in my game with two losses (after the game started) by Roberto Aldez! And both for the title! On my first show he lost it to Aldez, and then went on a 3 match win streak to later face Aldez again, this time for Aldez title which he won! He then proceeded to gain 2 more defences til' the third Yamada vs. Aldez match, where he lost the title again to Aldez! So they seem to have a nice feud going on, which makes it more exciting to continue play. :D

In my game Fumiaki Hayashi dethroned Gallego in his first defense, but Yamada is indeed an absolute monster. He's been undefeated in my game as well, with brutal and convincing wins over virtually every contender in the Light Heavyweight Division. What's scary about Yamada, in addition to the fact that he has no weaknesses (much like a 205 pound Hassan Fezzik), is that he can beat virtually anyone at their best aspect of the game. Roberto Aldez and Petey Mack both tried to stand and bang with him in my game, and both almost had their head taken off with one of Yamada's big kicks. The guy is terrifyingly strong for his weight and build, and if he catches you on the chin [i]once[/i], you're most likely out of it. I don't know what he starts with anyway, but in my game he's now got 'Excellent' power behind his punches, kicks and knees. Scary! Oh, but don't worry - neutralizing that strength by taking him to the ground accomplishes nothing, as he can outclass, outposition, and out-grapple just about anyone. Leon Banks is a prime example; he's a powerfully built, world-class wrestler who can pound his way to victory on the mat. What happened when he tried this against Yamada? Yup yup, he got caught in a triangle choke as if he were a first year amateur and tapped like a bitch. One challenge remains for Yamada, though I doubt the two will ever be willing to fight one another - Heiji Endo, the eternal #2 man of the division and Yamada's training partner. With only one weakness ("Telegraphs his punches"), Endo may be the only person left who can grind Yamada's winning streak to a halt. But will they ever start acting like professionals and agree to fight one another? Hmm... So yeah, I'm firmly on the Yamada bandwagon. I'm waiting on Adam to add match histories for a few reasons, but few of them are as significant as wanting to know who Yamada's one and only loss came from! He's a dead man, I tell you! :D

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;336194] So yeah, I'm firmly on the Yamada bandwagon. I'm waiting on Adam to add match histories for a few reasons, but few of them are as significant as wanting to know who Yamada's one and only loss came from! He's a dead man, I tell you! :D[/QUOTE] I bet the house it was a dq or a bullcrap cut stoppage (a la Fedor's only "loss"). That, and the winner probably retired or moved down in weight, because he fears for his well being :).

[QUOTE=Capelli King;336698]**** he just lost the title to Zvonimir Asanovic! I can't belive it! It was suppose to be just a warm up match before he took out the last of the legends Shane Gilchrist and he lost it! Zvonimir is a decent fighter, more like an upper middlecard type, but to hold the title! ****![/QUOTE] I can't imagine he'll keep a hold of it long. There is that! Leon Banks finally got lucky in a rematch against Yamada. I was actually using this fight as a stopover, because it wasn't very close the first time, but Banks just was walking through the rest of the division and deserved another shot. (It didn't hurt that the build-up was massive either) He got schooled for 4 rounds, just not even close, but managed to land a vicious high kick in the 5th for the KO. The beast has finally been defeated, and let me tell you that Yamada is going to have a long road back to a title shot, maybe even longer if his training camp partner wins the title, and he's next in line for a shot.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;336747]Damn! I am thinking of putting Yamada in a match with Banks before he is given a rematch[/QUOTE] Yeah actually Banks winning that fight was fantastic for me, and I hope he keeps it for a while. I'm making my push into the States and will be great to have a charismatic, exciting American fighter as a champ to showcase over there. I don't see him winning the rubber match though, so I'm putting it off until the U.S. tour is done. :)

Archived